Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lonely and fed up
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
Pixelgoth
Some of you know me, some of you don't but I recently split with my boyfriend of 5 years (who some of you may also know) and I'm feeling very lonely, paranoid, sad and generally fed up. I know this is par for the course and I'm not expecting miracles but I can't seem to cheer myself up or snap out of it for very long.

I'm also kind of seeing a new guy who is very sweet and very lovely but I told him I don't want to get into anything serious. The problem is the more time I spend with him the more I'm falling for him and I'm finding it hard not to. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I think I need more time to get over my ex but can't stop thinking about this other guy. I'm worried it'll be a rebound so I don't want to tell him I like him loads as what if it's just a phase and he ends up getting hurt when I realise this?

To make matters worse I don't have any friends here in Warrington. They are all my exs friends really and I don't want to impose. Plus they're all guys. My mates are all in Liverpool or Manchester or around the UK and they all have very busy lives (quite a lot of them are on my uni course and stressing about deadlines like me) and I don't want to burden them with me feeling miserable. I feel like I should just suck it up and get on with it, stop crying, stop moaning and deal coz everyone feels like this sometimes.

I'm really don't know what to do.....

sad.gif
sirdudly
Write poetry.
It doesnt matter if it sucks, or makes little to no sense. Writing poetry is one of the best ways of making these feelings you are expiriancing tangible.
It really helps the process of self reflection, organization of thoughts, and relaxation. The next course of action seems so much more simple when you have all the details in front of you on paper.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (sirdudly @ May 7 2007, 06:38 AM) *
Write poetry.
It doesnt matter if it sucks, or makes little to no sense. Writing poetry is one of the best ways of making these feelings you are expiriancing tangible.
It really helps the process of self reflection, organization of thoughts, and relaxation. The next course of action seems so much more simple when you have all the details in front of you on paper.

I see your point but I'm not very good at poetry. I could try writing my thoughts down none the less and seeing what happens??
Mata
Clubs are always good. I don't know many people in Guildford, but I go to a martial arts club twice a week and I'm just starting yoga. Not only do I get a bit of a social life, but I also learn how to break people's arms in interesting ways!

On a more serious note, I completely relate to what you're saying. At university (back when I wasn't quite so good at talking to random strangers) I got into a relationship quite quickly, but she was very anti-social. 18 months later we split but everyone at uni had already set into their friend groups. I'd had one year of my foundation course where I met loads of great people, had a very full social life, matured a lot, and then I was stuck halfway through uni and seemingly unable to get to know anyone. I was very, very lonely. It probably took about a year before I started getting back onto my feet again. In that time I would often go out to pubs by myself to sit and read books, just to get me out of the house. Slowly I got to know some new people, but it was very hard for what felt like a very long time. *hugs*
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ May 7 2007, 04:43 PM) *
Clubs are always good. I don't know many people in Guildford, but I go to a martial arts club twice a week and I'm just starting yoga. Not only do I get a bit of a social life, but I also learn how to break people's arms in interesting ways!

On a more serious note, I completely relate to what you're saying. At university (back when I wasn't quite so good at talking to random strangers) I got into a relationship quite quickly, but she was very anti-social. 18 months later we split but everyone at uni had already set into their friend groups. I'd had one year of my foundation course where I met loads of great people, had a very full social life, matured a lot, and then I was stuck halfway through uni and seemingly unable to get to know anyone. I was very, very lonely. It probably took about a year before I started getting back onto my feet again. In that time I would often go out to pubs by myself to sit and read books, just to get me out of the house. Slowly I got to know some new people, but it was very hard for what felt like a very long time. *hugs*

I'm not sure whether to be cheered up (coz you've got loadsa friends now) or sad because it'll take a long time for me to get there sad.gif

I joined my local gym today so I'm hoping I'll meet people there. If not, at least it gives me something to do and gets me outta the house.

I do have a great bunch of friends but they aren't local to me without me driving and they are often busy.

I'm sure things will turn out OK in the end but it just seems rather cr*ppy right now sad.gif

Still not sure what to do about my love life either.

Bah!
Sir Psycho Sexy
*pats* Am back from France now, unless I'm at work or the slight off chance I'm actually doing something, I should be about to chat. smile.gif
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
To be honest, I don't think you should pursue a relationship right now. Even though you might feel strong about the new person, as you said you don't want to be stuck in a temporary phase.

I think right now should be a healing process in which you focus on yourself. Do things that you like doing that have nothing to do with relationships. I like drawing and writing poems.

Just have fun- if you spend your hours doing fun things, then before you know it, you'll be healed and ready to play the love game again.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Silver Star Angel of Da Towers @ Jul 4 2007, 06:30 PM) *
To be honest, I don't think you should pursue a relationship right now. Even though you might feel strong about the new person, as you said you don't want to be stuck in a temporary phase.

I think right now should be a healing process in which you focus on yourself. Do things that you like doing that have nothing to do with relationships. I like drawing and writing poems.

Just have fun- if you spend your hours doing fun things, then before you know it, you'll be healed and ready to play the love game again.

True. However, having fun with the opposite (or same whatever) sex is fun, fun, fun wink.gif I posted this a while ago and I'm not feeling quite so lonely now. I am fed up but that's to do with my brother and not so much my relationship status. Thanks for the support though *hugs* smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.