Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A summer meet!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ May 31 2007, 10:45 AM) *
SPS? Are you coming? Do you need room at the inn?!? laugh.gif

I generally keep my head down until the dates and places are sorted, however, I might require your most comfortable sleeping aparatus for a night if at all possible. tongue.gif
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Mata @ May 31 2007, 11:41 PM) *
Right, unless we get a torrent of complaints or a really good reason for it not to be 1st July in the next 24 hours then it's 1st July and you can all forever hold your peas.

Sorted.

You, sir, can hold [i]my[\] peas.

Confirmation Thread
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ May 31 2007, 11:41 PM) *
Right, unless we get a torrent of complaints or a really good reason for it not to be 1st July in the next 24 hours then it's 1st July and you can all forever hold your peas.

I seem to remember one of my first posts saying I can't do that weekend so sorry but you'll ahve to count me out unless you decide that the 23rd (as I suggested) is better or even the next weekend in July.

QUOTE (candice @ May 31 2007, 04:48 PM) *
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ May 31 2007, 10:45 AM) *

Is it Liverpool still and what weekend now? There seems to have been a variety of posts suggesting 23rd June but then suggesting 1st weekend in July. Either is fine by me but I need to know ASAP!

I think it's still Liverpool for the first one, followed by some London picnicky stuff later in the summer...right?

Do people overwhelmingly prefer the 23rd or the 1st weekend in July? For us July would be preferable, but could also do the 23rd if the majority of people say it works better for them. Pick one, people! tongue.gif

The 1st weekend in July is actually the 7-8th July and not the 1st. The previous weekend is technically the last weekend in June which I, and some others, can't do sad.gif
Mata
Right. 23rd of June. Since Pixie is a housing provider she gets a bigger vote than others (seems fair to me).

Can the majority make the 23rd?
Cath Sparrow
Urmmmm the 23rd......... joking biggrin.gif still cant afford plans as yet so any of the dates were good for me. biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Jun 1 2007, 09:54 AM) *

Confirmation Thread

Stop being so darn efficient frog tongue.gif

I can make the 23rd smile.gif Thank you Mata. Honestly though if more people can make the 30th/1st then so be it but I can't offer floor space so that might mean less people can afford it??
Faerieryn
By the first weekend in July i certainly meant the 7th/8th. We really can't do anything in June. we are sooooo skint at the minute so will be there in spirit unless we can move it further into July
Mata
Okay... Is there any good reason not to pick the 7th July? It's clear for me.
Daria
If anyone fancied making it two summer London meets and coming to London's for my birfday weekend? My birthday is actually on Monday the 2nd but I will be having a party of sorts at teh Brixton homestead on the Saturday the 30th/ Sunday the 1st.

Just a thought.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jun 1 2007, 04:04 PM) *
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Jun 1 2007, 09:54 AM) *

Confirmation Thread

Stop being so darn efficient frog tongue.gif

I can make the 23rd smile.gif Thank you Mata. Honestly though if more people can make the 30th/1st then so be it but I can't offer floor space so that might mean less people can afford it??

dry.gif Keen and eager, more than efficiant >_>

/me holds her horses

QUOTE (Daria @ Jun 2 2007, 01:52 AM) *
If anyone fancied making it two summer London meets and coming to London's for my birfday weekend? My birthday is actually on Monday the 2nd but I will be having a party of sorts at teh Brixton homestead on the Saturday the 30th/ Sunday the 1st.

Just a thought.

Or we could have a meet half way between yourn and Smiler's bifday?
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 1 2007, 11:23 PM) *

For ma my last reply still counts. biggrin.gif
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 1 2007, 11:23 PM) *

The 7th of July sounds good to us. I feel obliged to vote for moving it to then for Ryn/Smiler cause they are the ONLY COOL KIDS (aside from snoo) who came to Derby. tongue.gif Well, that, and July just works better for us.

(oh pickle, forgot to sign in as me. This is cand).

Daria -- we might be able to get Londonwards for your birthdayness if you want. Depends on how much tickets are. Will talk to you on IRC at some point.
froggle-rock
7th and 8th July are not good for me.

Edit: forgot to add a date to my diary, so have changed the above to indicate I'm no longer avaliable this weekend.

But if there is going to be another meet over the summer/ autumn then I'm not fussed about coming- a date really needs to be set, innit wink.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
Any meet has to be attended by at least one Pixie...if not I shall have a hissy-fit...just you watch!
Mata
Right, it looks like it's 7th July.

Was there anyone who couldn't do this date? I'm up for doing another one in London at some point too, so we'll have to make sure that they can get to that one.
Calantyr
I can only come to a London one at this moment in time, but have fun you people. wink.gif
Samorine
If any of you actually remember who I am, I'm the large fuzzy-haired girl with glasses that has attended two Matameets thus far!
By chance, I was browsing the forums [I don't post anymore ;(] and noticed the Liverpool meet.

I'll actually by an adult by the time this one comes around, so it'd be nice to see some of you again and hang out for a bit. (As long as no one objects!)
Pixelgoth
7th/8th July is fine by me so don't have a hissy fit Pat tongue.gif There will be at least one Pixie there. As far as I am aware there is only one Pixie wink.gif

Offers to Queenie, Mata and Pat of floor/bed space are still applicable smile.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Argh! I've been away from teh internets and living in a tent since Wednesday.

The 7th July should be fine for me, assuming Erin is okay to offer floor that weekend, but don't move it any further back 'cos the next weekend is my birthday weekend and I'll be in Suffolk.
Cath Sparrow
Pixie I've invited Justina and Phil along for the meet as well. biggrin.gif
Wyvern
Erm...sorry to throw a spanner in the works at such a late stage but I'm afraid 7th is not too good for me, I have parental beings coming to visit for the first time and they can't really do any other date. I didn't know about it till yesterday and I only saw the date changes today. Sorry onlineness is still a little ropey.

I'd like them to see my flat before I move again but if this is really going to muck people about then I can probably sort something out.

I'm still ok for the 23rd though.

Sorry once again for this sad.gif

Also to check I have down for floorboards
Cath
Moop & Lady Cand
Mistress Frog
Snoo
and Witless is that everyone?

PM me if you want my contact info to sort things.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Jun 5 2007, 08:11 PM) *
Erm...sorry to throw a spanner in the works at such a late stage but I'm afraid 7th is not too good for me, I have parental beings coming to visit for the first time and they can't really do any other date. I didn't know about it till yesterday and I only saw the date changes today. Sorry onlineness is still a little ropey.

I'd like them to see my flat before I move again but if this is really going to muck people about then I can probably sort something out.

I'm still ok for the 23rd though.

Sorry once again for this sad.gif

Also to check I have down for floorboards
Cath
Moop & Lady Cand
Mistress Frog
Snoo
and Witless is that everyone?

PM me if you want my contact info to sort things.

Minus a Froggie. I can't do the weekend of the 23rd of June as I'll now be in Brum for a bit of climbing. Wont be able to do the 30th/1st July as I'll be looking after my siblings whilst my mum spends a weekend away from us in Liverpool (I think you know what happened there) and I'm unavailable for the 7th of July as I'll be climbing some more out in Kent.

But I'm totally free for the 28th of July which looks to be a London picnic meet! w00t.
Daria
Even though you probably all know already, Wytu and I have bedspace wink.gif for at least four, if not five (or perhaps even six, depending if Moosh will be down that weekend too) for the London meet on the 28th of July.
When I say "bed", I actually mean two double sofabeds and a double futon, so you're going to have to decide, if you want to stay, who you're sharing with. There would also be floorspace if you'd want to rough it out, student style.
We may even feed you, as well biggrin.gif We're in Brixton, a six minute (I timed it) walk from the station and lots of busses so wherever you have to get a train/ bus from the next day, you should be ok.

Looking out to the grey and miserable day of the outside world, I'm really looking forward to the summer and the meet. I am even smiling- and I'm at work!
Witless
ok threads getting long... to summarise what days can both wyvern and pixiegoth do.. since well those are the folks offering floor space?
Darkangel
Wyvern and myself can put people up on....

weekend of 23rd of June

weekend of 1st July - though this doesn't seem good for people

weekend of 14th July - if this is any better.

oh and if anyone doesn't know who i am, I'm Wyverns other half. ph34r.gif

hopefully will be in london for the 28th of July for picnicing cool.gif
Cath Sparrow
As for me just yell a date in my direction and I'll more than likely be there.
Pixelgoth
Hi guys.

I can do the following

23rd/24th June

7th/8th July

Any weekend after that is pretty much free too but would prefer one of these so I don't have so long to wait laugh.gif Obviously we don't wanna get too near the meet in London (28th?)

BTW I live in Warrington so if anyone is planning on clubbing then you'd be better stopping with someone else as that last train back from Liverpool is half eleven sad.gif The other option is we all club in for a hotel room somewhere or someone offers to drive?
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Darkangel @ Jun 6 2007, 07:13 PM) *

weekend of 23rd of June

QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jun 7 2007, 03:42 PM) *
Hi guys.

I can do the following

23rd/24th June

Meet date set NOW! *phew*
Daria
Thought- if anyone wants to go to the Ben and Jerry's festival day on the SUNDAY, I'd suggest getting tickets now. 8.75 pp, 2 tickets per household (or card?), as much free icecream as you can handle.
Website is http://www.benjerry.co.uk/sundae/bands.php.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Ooooh Becky! I love you!! I assume you're going? Would it be okay if I stayed at yours for the London meet? I'm not 100% confirming I'll be there because I might be moving back to Norwich that weekend but I don't know about that for sure yet!

The 23rd/24th June would be fine by me for Liverpool!
Darkangel
Just in case people want to, we have 2 tents that can accomodate an extra 6 people so if warrington is too far we can accomodate about 16 people if needed biggrin.gif sleeping bags will need to be brought though.

just expanding options, and confusing matters ph34r.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Jun 7 2007, 08:44 PM) *
QUOTE (Darkangel @ Jun 6 2007, 07:13 PM) *

weekend of 23rd of June

QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jun 7 2007, 03:42 PM) *
Hi guys.

I can do the following

23rd/24th June

Meet date set NOW! *phew*

I'm with frog! smile.gif

The other option is to have two meets laugh.gif Only joshing....or am I?!? ph34r.gif

BTW, if people want to stop at mine I could have a house party there or we could go drinking in W'ton after we've been to Liverpool. It seems a shame to come back to mine on the Saturday at half eleven and finish then sad.gif

Also, are we planning on meeting on the Sunday for lunch? That'd be wicked too smile.gif

QUOTE (Darkangel @ Jun 7 2007, 11:23 PM) *
Just in case people want to, we have 2 tents that can accomodate an extra 6 people so if warrington is too far we can accomodate about 16 people if needed biggrin.gif sleeping bags will need to be brought though.

just expanding options, and confusing matters ph34r.gif

Gah! Not camping sad.gif Unless it's boiling hot weather that weekend laugh.gif I don't 'do' camping usually. I'm too high maintenance for that laugh.gif

See my up there for other options?...

P.S.

Can someone offer me a bed/floor space for the London meet??? I'll return the favour with bed/floor space at the Liverpool meet smile.gif
Wyvern
You are all stars...little twinkly, slightly suspiscious looking stars. I'm not trusting the red tint dry.gif

I shall make sure everything is all clean and tidy and stuff so the floorboardage can be inspected before anyone stakes final claim to specific areas. biggrin.gif

PS Have yelled the date Cathwards!
Daria
QUOTE (snoo @ Jun 7 2007, 10:04 PM) *
Ooooh Becky! I love you!! I assume you're going? Would it be okay if I stayed at yours for the London meet? I'm not 100% confirming I'll be there because I might be moving back to Norwich that weekend but I don't know about that for sure yet!

Two things. Firstly- OMFG YOU'RE MOVING BACK TO NORWICH?! laugh.gif
Secondly- no. You are not ever allowed to come to our house. We won't buy ice-cream and watch films, nor build castles from boxes in the basement.

QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jun 8 2007, 12:19 AM) *
Can someone offer me a bed/floor space for the London meet??? I'll return the favour with bed/floor space at the Liverpool meet smile.gif

Of course, but not going to the Liverpool meet, so the space can be donated by someone else. All we ask for is cookies. Chocolate chip cookies.
That is all.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Daria @ Jun 8 2007, 12:15 PM) *
Two things. Firstly- OMFG YOU'RE MOVING BACK TO NORWICH?! laugh.gif
Secondly- no. You are not ever allowed to come to our house. We won't buy ice-cream and watch films, nor build castles from boxes in the basement.

1. Yes, probably. I'm hopefully going to get a job covering the people who will be on Maternity leave (two part timers as of August and two other people as of about November/December) which will *hopefully* become permanent. I did get offered a job in Stafford this morning, but I don't really want it while Norwich is an option.

2. You smell. Of cheese, stinky blue cheese. tongue.gif
Daria
Tee hee. YAY!
Queenie
Clarifying with boss but i shall definately be there. Tis definately 23/24th yesh!?!

Pixie, huzzah thanking you very much for floor space and party after sounds awesome as long as alcohol is involved!?! biggrin.gif Yips!!
Phyllis
We will probably be coming to Liverpool...not sure exactly. Need to talk to moop's friend and see if we can reschedule with him. We made plans with him that weekend when we thought the meet was going to be on the 7th/8th of July.

Hopefully we'll be there, though. If we are and more floorboard space is needed for others, we don't object to camping -- not high maintenance in the least tongue.gif

EDIT: Okay, cleared it with the friend. We shall be at Liverpool Lime St. at 13:09 on the 23rd!
Pixelgoth
Right 1pm Liverpool Lime Street on Saturday 23rd June!

Shall we start a confirmation thread again?!? wink.gif

QUOTE (Queenie @ Jun 8 2007, 05:14 PM) *
Clarifying with boss but i shall definately be there. Tis definately 23/24th yesh!?!

Pixie, huzzah thanking you very much for floor space and party after sounds awesome as long as alcohol is involved!?! biggrin.gif Yips!!

Alcomahol will def be involved if there's a party at mine wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.