Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TV programmes of way back when
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Jul 1 2007, 01:06 PM) *
Must be some weird form of American TV I'm afraid Cand! No Umbrella Trees here!

Do any of you remember The Lowdown? Or Activ8?

Yeee-ee-eesss... But not in detail.

What about a bit of Why Don't You?, a brave concept advising kids to stop watching telly and get out of the house. Could have backfired massively.
Daria
FunHouse! With the Sweedish twins and the cockerel noise.
Faerieryn
The Tomorrow people with Kristian Schmidt!!! Or Dark Season!?! Or Moondial!?! OOh OOh ooh I'm getting excited
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Daria @ Jul 4 2007, 11:53 AM) *
FunHouse! With the Sweedish twins and the cockerel noise.

One of the lads at work tried to find out what the twins were up to nowadays. Word to the wise - don't put 'funhouse twins' into a google image search.

Good job he didn't mention the cock...
Izzy
Heh, what about like Poke'mon and stuff? It's... relatively old.
Wiseacre
The Incredible Hulk (the live action show). I remember that from when I was a kid.
-The Duchess-
Has anyone mentioned The Wombles? If not then i will. Does anyone remember their song?
Industrial Kybosh
Is it possible to forget that song? Underground, overground and all that...

Or did you mean their breakaway pop hit 'Remember You're A Womble'? They've got albums, dammit! Whole albums!!!

On the note of unforgettable theme tunes, doesn't Roobarb & Custard rank as the finest opening theme ever?
Faerieryn
Love roobarb and Custard. I got my kids today. I asked them whether they wanted to watch "Transformers". They of course said yes thinking it was the new movie. Ha!!! I put the original cartoon on. Ha Ha!!!!!!
-The Duchess-
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 20 2007, 11:08 AM) *
Is it possible to forget that song? Underground, overground and all that...

Or did you mean their breakaway pop hit 'Remember You're A Womble'? They've got albums, dammit! Whole albums!!!

On the note of unforgettable theme tunes, doesn't Roobarb & Custard rank as the finest opening theme ever?

I meant remember you're a womble; They played that at one of my school discos when it was out, it's forever embedded in my mind biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Jul 20 2007, 08:24 PM) *
I got my kids today. I asked them whether they wanted to watch "Transformers". They of course said yes thinking it was the new movie. Ha!!! I put the original cartoon on. Ha Ha!!!!!!

The movie? Oh how I miss that movie. Awesome sound track. I had a plan...back in Wales still, in which we were going to kidnap George Cloony (when it was rumoured he would be in it) and the ransom demand would be that DragonForce would write the sound track to the movie....we never got down to fine details and execution though, I have a vague memory why...

On a side note, I spent the WHOLE day at work once, wandering around behind the bar, humming the Wombles theme tune to myself.... all day!
-TheKasbah-
Pokemon, Are you Afraid Of The Dark?, Crystal Maze, Hey Arnold, Edd Ed 'n' Eddy, Cramp Twins and many more still to be remembered.

The good old days laugh.gif
Izzy
QUOTE (-TheKasbah- @ Sep 15 2007, 06:00 PM) *
Hey Arnold, Edd Ed 'n' Eddy

My Grandma thought that I liked Hey Arnold, so she'd always make me watch it with her. Edd Ed n Eddy was awesome.

I remember watching Courage the Cowardly dog, although I didn't like it because the old man scared the life out of me. There was also a short period of time where I was addicted to Code Lyoko (sp?) and used to ask my mom to send me away to a boarding school. She kept saying no, and I eventually stopped watching the show because I was jealous that all the kids got to go to boarding school and I didn't. Oh! And Jimmy Newtron, Fairly Odd Parents, Drake and Josh, and Danny Phantom. All those shows still run, but they're old, kinda.
-TheKasbah-
Thank you Izzy, you just brought back the memories form my childhood, I remember most of them you just brought up.

And they are not that old, actually, I think we are relativly relatively young to the other users, but I'm not sure as they don't all tell their ages but the programmes they put down seem a bit older.

Thanks for the reminding of my happy childhood. biggrin.gif

Kasbah.
dreamsx
pppfff.
they're all rubbish.
go for the classic ones
pokemon, recess, tracy beaker.
i miss them days.
-TheKasbah-
Here, unknown person tongue.gif

I know where you live, now stop dissing the good shows!
Moosh
'Cos of my timetable this year, i've started watching a few kids shows in the morning.

Recess, The Emperor's New School and Timone and Pumba.

They suck compared to the ones that were on in the morning when I was little.
-TheKasbah-
All the ones you named but Recess suk, I can't believe you think it sucks!! It's class, but not as good as the others.
Izzy
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Sep 17 2007, 03:20 PM) *
Recess, The Emperor's New School and Timone and Pumba.

Eww. Well, Recess is okay, but it got old after a while. The movie rocked.
-TheKasbah-
I'll agree on that, I'd much prefer the ones I put down originally to Recess as they did get quite old and boring, but at the start it was class and the movie just represented how good cartoon movies were to us when we were young. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.