Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mata Meet July 28th 2007 - London confirmations
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cath Sparrow
Damn it! You mean I have to put up with my cousin again and my brother as well!!!!(I invited him again to) /muttermuttermutter tongue.gif
I_am_the_best
Oh yes, I can't come since I'm going to Israel instead. Have much fun.
Felander
Oh that'll be fun for you.

Just steer clear of crowded places.
spiffilicious05
IM IN LONDON!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif see you at the meet!
Mata
Hurrah!

Okay, 1pm, in the area below the clock in Waterloo. Personally, I tend to wait directly under the announcement screens, that way I don't obstruct so many people.

Daria, did you say that Samorine might be coming? Blimey. There's a blast from the past.

EDIT: I've changed the topic title to be more informative and pinned this thread.
Daria
I'm not sure if she is or not. We spoke AGES ago- before the Liverpool one.

Oh, and WE HAS A SPIFFY AND WE'RE NOT AFRAID OF USING HER.

Bang.

... Yeah, so I'm hungover and being silly. See you all Saturday!
froggle-rock
This is just a reminder so I don't get in trouble with Mata that I won't be meeting y'all at Waterloo at 1pm. I'll have mobile numbers (and a mobile of my own ohmy.gif ) so I'll meet you all later on biggrin.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I hope you all have a really great time - I wanted to make an appearance at this one but it wasn't meant to be. sad.gif

Do you think it's possible to get withdrawl symptoms from a website? smile.gif
Pixelgoth
Hi all. As I said in my thread about my brother I should still be coming to the meet but it really depends on how his chemo goes on the Friday. I won't be stopping the night but catching a train in and out on the Saturday. I may be bringing someone with me if they want to come along but I haven't asked them yet. Just so you know this is really going to be a last minute thing so I'll text Mata (if that's OK Mata?) on the day to let you know whether I'm going to be there.

Becky, thanks for the offer of stopping at yours but this time I'll have to decline. If I get it together enough to remember cookies you can still have them smile.gif
Daria
No worries m'darlin'. *hugs*
Mata
Yep, text away. It would be lovely to see you if you can come.
Pixelgoth
As I said in another thread, if I can't make it perhaps we can have another mini meet the in near future. Basically, as I'm more than likely moving back to Essex I'll probably wanna visit lots of places (heritage related) in London over the next few months and I'll have time to do it....when/if I'm not looking after Andrew that is....so I'll keep you guys posted smile.gif
Mata
Sues would like to go to a shop called Beyond Retro. Now, she is aware that we didn't really have much of a plan to wander around shops, and she wasn't previously planning on coming, but Beyond Retro is in London (and wants my opinion on petticoats!) so is anyone else interested in going to a retro clothing shop?

BTW, it might be worth thinking about contingency plans in case the park is flooded!

Anyway, Beyond Retro: yay or nay? http://www.beyondretro.com/soho.html It's on Great Marlborough Street. This would probably happen after lunch and before pubbing.
Daria
I'm ALWAYS up for wandering about Soho. In fact, there are TWO Maoz falafel places there, too.

I like falafel. And they are awesomely cheap- about 5 for falafel with all-you-can-fit-on salad bits, really yummy chunky chips and a drink.

Thinking about it, it doesn't seem to be that cheap. I think I have been living in London too long.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Daria @ Jul 26 2007, 08:53 AM) *
I like falafel. And they are awesomely cheap- about 5 for falafel with all-you-can-fit-on salad bits, really yummy chunky chips and a drink.

Thinking about it, it doesn't seem to be that cheap. I think I have been living in London too long.

mmmm falafel! 5 doesn't sound too bad including chips and a drink... saying that I've never had falafel outside of a festival or making it myself but at a festival you pay 5 for just falafel and salad in a pita.

/spam

I'm leaving for London tomorrow morning so will be coming from Croydon with Hazel (and possibly Matt) on Saturday so should be on time!
Cath Sparrow
Retro clothes moochin alway fun. Not so into the falfel though tongue.gif
Mata
I don't think I've ever had felafel. What is it? Isn't it hummus in a wrap, or something like that?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
It's slightly spicy, mostly chickpeas and usually served in a pita bread with salad and hummus/tahini/mayo... very very tasty!!
Mata
That sounds nice. Do they do non-spicy versions too?

Right, the current plans stands as this:

Meet 1pm sharp-ish in Waterloo.
Decide if the park looks likely to remain dry for any period of time - if yes then pick up some grub and head to the park, if no then head to Soho for felafel, or whatever comes our way
After lunch I'm going to take Sues to find a petticoat (!) and any who wish to come along are welcome to do so
?Go to a gallery? Wander more shops?
After an hour or two we'll head off to a pub/meet up with whoever didn't come shopping (Sues will probably be heading off at this point).
Drink.
Catch train home.
Daria
They're not always spicey, and the maoz aren't that spicey at all. As Snoo said, they're made with chickpea flour and are shallow fried. I can't belive you haven't ever had any, Mata!

Has Sues thought of going to Roket in Brick Lane for her petticoat? They have quite an extensive range and it is cheaper than in central, although I've never been in Beyond Retro.
Although it would be a leeetle silly to go to the East End if we're mainly in Waterloo/ central. Although it isn't that far. And it's fun.

*goes and sits in a corner, being quiet.*
Mata
Right, you're the official petticoat finder then smile.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 27 2007, 06:27 PM) *
Right, you're the official petticoat finder then smile.gif

Don't forget a spare petticoat, that way she can get the scent and we can set her loose.
Faerieryn
Petticoats YAY!!!
Falafel Nay!!!
Mata
Well, if it's not raining then it's likely to be rather damp, so I think we're going to need to find somewhere to eat. Preferably this is somewhere that's cheap-ish, can seat us all, independent if possible (pizza works for everyone, but it's nice to not go to the Hut if avoidable), and has a range of options to suit everyone. Personally felafel sounds good to me, but I'm prepared to bet that Sues wouldn't like it (the combination of the words 'spicy' and 'chick peas' is never going to be a winner in that quarter I'm afraid).

It's been raining a lot tonight, so the ground is unlikely to be dry tomorrow, so get your thinking caps on!
Phyllis
It's sunny!

Well, in Derby, anyway. It actually looks like summer out there. ohmy.gif The BBC website tells me that London is also sunny at the moment, so here's hoping it stays that way and the ground dries up a bit.

Also, I've yet to have a spicy felafel. tongue.gif

We're just about ready to set off. See you all in a few hours!
Smiler
It may not be to bad but that's just me being belligerently optimistic wink.gif It looks sunny but that rain does tend to have a lingering effect on parkland ground.

We could get blankets fairly cheap but I doubt anyone'll be able to test the theory and moving on mass to the park then elsewhere if it's not a valid option may be a bit hectic.

Cath FaerieRyn and I are now going to eat bacon sarnies to set us up for the day. There's a lot of places around Soho for grub so it may be worth going straight there and taking a chance
Mata
That sounds like the best plan to me. See you soon!
Smiler
We had a fabulous time yesterday. Great to see everyone!!!! Photos will be along soon although we didn't take too many. Anyone else got any?
Calantyr
I hear by declare the uber-meet to be a success!

Great fun to see you all. smile.gif

I've got a couple of blurry pics, I'll see about getting them on the 'puter.
Mata
Good lord, there were loads of us! I think we had over 20 people there at one point. Did Froggeh show up in the end?
Phyllis
Nope, she never did!

We are now back home in Derby, and exhausted! At the Daria/Monty house we ended up playing drinking games...and there was bloodshed. I know at least Calantyr and moop ended up with wounds. Possibly Monty as well (?). Very competitive card games ohmy.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
Was good fun, sorry for leaving early, but a stag do needed to be done. Also, I needed to see my dad back off to france today...and work this evening...damn you Magners!

I got one picture of Sues having a Monroe moment with her skirt walking across the bridge, I assure you it's perfectly decent but I don't particularly want to suffer death by glare.
Calantyr
Vodka and needless bloodshed! Whoohoo!

*Passes out*
Mata
Okay, I'll bite: how did you end up with wounds?
Phyllis
The drinking games were card games. They both involved slapping your hand down when certain conditions were met. The last person to put their hand down on top of everyone else's had to take a shot.

Everyone scrambling to put their hand down quickly + some people having fingernails which needed to be trimmed = bloodshed! ohmy.gif

Cal bled on the floor. At one point I thought my cards were stuck together with spilled pop or millions (oh, we also had about 102938232 spilled drinks and a millions fight or two), but they were in fact stuck together with his blood. Not the most hygienic game ever...
Calantyr
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 29 2007, 07:51 PM) *
Not the most hygienic game ever...

You have now all been infected by my awesome-germs. Beware!
Daria
I found Millions stuck to me, still, when I was getting into the bath this morning. I'm not sure how that happened.
It was lovely to see everyone yesterday! I'm sorry I was lame and got the group to split in half. I was teh tireds.
I'll make sure Spiffy puts her photos up before she leaves. She has a couple of awesome ones of Dave...
Tee hee.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I made it home okay!!
I had fun and I am still full of ice cream and unsure if my arse will ever recover from all the unnecessary groping this afternoon *glares*

I have photos, I'll upload them tomorrow seeing as my camera does not appear to be compatible with my mac :|
Mattskimo
Hello hello I am the person who came along with Trina who didn't know what the site was or who any of you are but you all seem very lovely so I thought it would be a plan to register and all that. My name is Matt. I had lots of fish and magners. I have not had a chance to watch things as it is gone midnight and I cant find headphones and I dont want to turn on my speakers because I will wake people up and they will hit me with objects and that will make me sad. Also I am drunk. I shal speak to you all soon but first i need to go and have a wee.

M
Witless
I win the photo posting game.. they arent great. But meh.. here you go.

Edit: Also, I had lots of fun smile.gif
froggle-rock
Hey folks, looks like you had a good time (and at the after partay) wink.gif

Sorry I didn't turn up, had some things to deal with.
Moosh
I've finally got home, after missing various trains and stuff.

The meet was awesome, playing drinking card games at Beccles's was also awesome (apart from the bit where I threw up), and the Ben & Jerry's festival was also awesome. So all in all a good introduction to Matameeting.

QUOTE (snoo @ Jul 29 2007, 11:43 PM) *
I had fun and I am unsure if my arse will ever recover from all the unnecessary groping this afternoon *glares*

*tuts*

Yes, Beccles really was groping you far too much. She should be ashamed.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
My photos can now be found here.*

Didn't really take a lot on Saturday but there are quite a few of the Ben & Jerry's Summer Sundae!

*Disclaimer - I am not responsible for the awfulness of some of the photos, if you want me to delete them I will.

[Edit]
Yes; shame, shame, shame on her *cough*you*/cough*
Moosh
QUOTE (snoo @ Jul 30 2007, 02:12 PM) *
My photos can now be found here.*

Didn't really take a lot on Saturday but there are quite a few of the Ben & Jerry's Summer Sundae!

*Disclaimer - I am not responsible for the awfulness of some of the photos, if you want me to delete them I will.

[Edit]
Yes; shame, shame, shame on her *cough*you*/cough*

snoo is apparently unable to take pictures of me that include all of my head, but I honestly do have a whole one.

I don't have any photos due to not taking a camera. I took some of snoo's, but not as many of her boobs as she says. snoos tell lies about these things.
Calantyr
Photo evidence that Matazonians are sexy! biggrin.gif

And oh so fun to tickle! *Pounces*
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
RUN AWAY!!!!

/tickle spam
Plaz
For those who were still there when i started raving incoherently about Hungarian rappers....Behold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Vaz9jW054

He is truely unique, yee c'mon tongue.gif
Mata
I think that must have been something I missed. Yee c'mon indeed.
Mattskimo
i wish I had seen Emmy the Great. I think by now she may remember me as being a crazy drunk as I am always a leeetle sloshed when I see her play and usually try to find her and blurt somethign along the lines of "you were good... your music is... pretty...."
spiffilicious05
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 29 2007, 10:09 AM) *
Good lord, there were loads of us! I think we had over 20 people there at one point. Did Froggeh show up in the end?

She had promised me the night before she would come to the meet!! (We were both at a random party in a park...okay maybe the party wasn't so random but seeing as how I didn't really know anyone other than Daria I was quite lost...)

Oh, sorry it has been taking me so long to get back to everyone...work and the real world have welcomed me back with a vengence!

I will post pictures soon I promise!

oh

and I think I am moving to london. It was pretty. Pretty and amazing...pretty amazing... laugh.gif we'll just see if I get the transfer from my uni
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.