Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And on to the next meet!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Phyllis
QUOTE (Daria @ Sep 18 2007, 07:43 PM) *
You forgot to add that there will be yummy yummy food. Made by US! biggrin.gif

YUM-MYYY *shakes fist*

Oh yeah, that too! And fireworks, even if it isn't exactly around bonfire night. As long as you all promise to not explode my house.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (candice @ Sep 18 2007, 07:41 PM) *
We were just discussing the potential Derby meet in IRC (me, Monty, Daria, and CheeseMoose). We are thinking of the 3rd and 4th of November as a possible date.

Since it'll be November, that'll likely mean none of the outdoor activities that were previously discussed, but the alcohol will be cheaper. And there will be Snid and Apples to Apples (both of those are awesome, really, trust me).

Also: as of the 1st I will have been in the UK for a year (woooo). Though it's just now occured to us that people might be busy since it's so close to bonfire night. Hmmm. Consarnit. Well, what does everyone else think? Maybe a different weekend in November if too many people are busy?

I'm quite up for Croydon, not only because it's Londonish, but because it sounds like a good idea.

I might be up for Darby, and Cand, are there any Guy Fawks events in Derby to entice us up around your ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF BEING IN BRITLAND?

I also wanted to suggest that I will be having my birthday do this year at Roller Disco, some time in November (prolly mid-late November), and so was going to see if anyone would either be interested in coinciding it with a meet, or coming to get their disco on regardless of Mata meet status.

So, there you have it.
Phyllis
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Sep 18 2007, 09:36 PM) *
I might be up for Darby, and Cand, are there any Guy Fawks events in Derby to entice us up around your ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF BEING IN BRITLAND?

There's a big thingummy at Markeaton Park, which is a short walk from our house. I've never been to it (or any bonfire night events, since last year we were exhausted from moving), but I've heard it's quite good.
Daria
Of course I will be up for roller disco. I am ALWAYS up for roller disco.

Always.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I should be able to do any weekend in November, someone should text me when a date is decided.
Derby is preferable to London but I might make a London meet seeing as the train to London would take less time than driving to Derby but would involve finding somewhere to stay and purchasing a new rail card and train tickets!
Are you doing fakesgiving again this year, Cand?
Phyllis
QUOTE (snoo @ Sep 22 2007, 12:21 PM) *
Are you doing fakesgiving again this year, Cand?

No idea yet. I might do a small meal with just moop and I and attempt to make pumpkin bread again (now that I know how to work our oven dry.gif ).
Sir Psycho Sexy
*beard strokey* First, I'd need a job...
spiffilicious05
I may be going back to London in November to check out some universities that I may be transferring to (if I can find really cheap plane tickets - any suggestions?) But that won't be until the 18th ish =(.

Oh, and I finally fixed my computer so I can upload pictures from the mata meet from way back in July if people are still interested lol.
Daria
Yay!

Also, SPACE HIJACKERS PARTY THAT WEEKEND! Well, the 24th (I think). You will HAVE to be up for some pirate fun.
spiffilicious05
totally up for pirate fun
tongue.gif
Moosh
Okay, the provisional date, 3rd/4th of November is next weekend. Is this gonna happen?
Daria
It is (I think) now going to be the weekend after... unless I'm just trying to re-organise everyone too much >_>

If it is the 3/4 then we can't come : (
Mata
Sadly, for the next month (at least) due to mass uncertainty about whether I'm going to have a job at the beginning of December, I really have to be mercilessly sensible with my money, which precludes me from travelling all over the place. I am mostly going to be a hermit.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Daria @ Oct 28 2007, 10:27 PM) *
It is (I think) now going to be the weekend after... unless I'm just trying to re-organise everyone too much >_>

If it is the 3/4 then we can't come : (

Yeah, it's going to be the weekend after, so the 10th/11th.

I am ill (AGAIN) right now, but hopefully that means I won't have time to get another cold or the flu or anything before that date. Woo!
Daria
Cool.
I will not be spending much money, though. I have to go to Swansea the weekend after, and I have nae much moolah.
Moosh
I can't come on the 10th/11th. : ( Ah well.
Cath Sparrow
Erm.... might be able to come have no engagements atm but also no cash so......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.