Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Band Names
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
froggle-rock
In IRC at the moment and a description I wrote, for an infamous moop pic link, was "Alcohol Filled Dildo". Novander said it would make a great band name. A friend a while back commented that "Ghetto Dressing In The Dark" would be a great band name after I said it about the outfit he had on that particular evening,

So, c'mon y'all what band names you got up your sleve, also ones that you'd like for a band who'd audition for X-Factor?
Moosh
It's been my ambition for a while to start a punk band called Jessie and the Ponies (UBER bonus points for anyone who gets the reference)
Novander
I meant it would make a good band name only for X Factor. I can't imagine Alcohol Filled Dildo playing the sort of music I'm into.

Right now, I'm thinking Luigi Gave An Order as a nice band name.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Sep 16 2007, 12:02 AM) *
It's been my ambition for a while to start a punk band called Jessie and the Ponies (UBER bonus points for anyone who gets the reference)

Jossie and The Pussycats, Moosh? wink.gif
vicrawr
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Sep 15 2007, 07:02 PM) *

At first I thought of Full House, but that was Jessie and the Rippers. Google says it could possibly be from a book called A Pony Called Magic.

I think band names can't win when you use a body part, bodily function, or bodily fluid. And an adjective or noun. My idea would be Flaming Snot. I thought it was a band, but apparently not. Tell me if I'm wrong.
voices_in_my_head
Oh wow. A friend of mine and I came up with a massive list of emo band names. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Raining Razorblades, A Crow's Nest, Electrified Water , and I Swear to God They're Just Cat Scratches.

Yeah, we know we're odd.
-TheKasbah-
I think I have a good one, I got it from a song by the Vines, some band that are class and barely anyone has heard off.

The Futuretardeds.

I always thought it was good. smile.gif

Kasbah.
Rubix
Hmm... the sunday comics?
MisterJ
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Sep 16 2007, 09:02 AM) *
Jessie and the Ponies (UBER bonus points for anyone who gets the reference)

I had a loose thought pop into my mind about Jessie from Toy Story 2. laugh.gif

Hmm, band names. I used to think about a name that was something like Euphoric High. It's like an overwhelming feeling of happiness or something. Anywho... huh.gif
Daria
My sister's (now ex) hippy boyfriend was in a band called Euphoria. You wouldn't belive how many bands share that name! I also quite liked the name of my friend's band- Granma's Fruitbowl.
Moosh
Frog, Vic, JeddyB: Sorry, none of you have got it.

Other good band names: Marina Trench, 190 Days, Very Special Guests.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
and for the win: The Matazonians!
-TheKasbah-
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Sep 17 2007, 11:50 AM) *

Just to save you from making the awful mistake of calling a band 190 days, I'll reply, personally I like the name, but I know a band called 120 days who are semi-famous. But still, I like the names. wink.gif

Kasbah.
Moosh
QUOTE (-TheKasbah- @ Sep 17 2007, 06:18 PM) *
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Sep 17 2007, 11:50 AM) *

Just to save you from making the awful mistake of calling a band 190 days, I'll reply, personally I like the name, but I know a band called 120 days who are semi-famous. But still, I like the names. ;)

Kasbah.

190 Days is the name of a band that one of my friends started, named after the number of days per year we're in school. Yes, it's a crap place to get a name from, but I kinda liked it as a name.
-TheKasbah-
All names come from random places though, but 120 days are only semi-famous, if you get proper famous before them then they will have to change their name, it's a perfect plan. And I will take all the credit for thinking of it:P
Izzy
Baker Act ftw. It's technically the name of a not-so-famous-Myspace band from I think Jacksonville or something, but when we get famous (we will.. eventually) , we're gonna make them change it. Because we're awesome and slightly mean like that. Go us!

I can think of about 10 band names (all names of bands that I've been in) but they're all crap, so I'm not gonna list them.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (-TheKasbah- @ Sep 16 2007, 03:43 PM) *
I think I have a good one, I got it from a song by the Vines, some band that are class and barely anyone has heard off.

The Futuretardeds.

I always thought it was good. smile.gif

Kasbah.

I thought vines were quite well known. Just coz I know them >_>

How about Therapeutic Feaces?

Izzy, they can be 'crap' too, this is a silly thread after all ;)
elphaba2
I thought Genetically Altered ____ (name) would be good. You could name the band after the lead singer, or be progressive and name it after the drummer! Genetically Altered Ringo.

and for a punk band, I quite like Elliott and the Spitzers. Anything to do with politicians is good, probably.

"Hello everyone, we're Obamalicious."
Izzy
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Sep 20 2007, 04:06 PM) *
Izzy, they can be 'crap' too, this is a silly thread after all wink.gif

Fine. But these are from years ago. Okay, maybe not 10, but a few.

Silver Star (After the Grey Star in some of that Jimmy Newtron Episodes)
Agony of Satan
Hell's Children
Bleeding Disease (Better than the two above, but still pretty bad.)

I'm pretty sure there were more, but those are all I can remember. There was a decent name from the summer going into 5th grade, but I can't think of it.
-TheKasbah-
The Vines aren't really that known. Lots of people know Ride but they didn't get any credit for it at all.

I just thought of a really crap name but had nothing better to do than to post it anyway.

>>>Generation Of The Next

It's soo crap. tongue.gif
Jim
i Think someone should create a band and name it after me happy.gif

Jim what an amazing name for a band tongue.gif
voices_in_my_head
Hellery Clinton sounds like some angsty teen metal/screamo/rock band that has one song, and no one knows exactly what they say in it.

Oh, and they're the next big thing.
elphaba2
One of the members would have pink hair, and they'd ask him on MTV what he thought about Hillary Clinton and he would smirk and say that he thought she was pretty hot, and the interviewer would pretend to be shocked and then someone would actually waste Hillary Clinton's time by asking her what she thought of the pink-haired guy.

And then yeah, we'd forget about them.
Daria
QUOTE (-TheKasbah- @ Sep 22 2007, 10:04 PM) *
The Vines aren't really that known. Lots of people know Ride but they didn't get any credit for it at all.

I can assure you- they are.

Especially compared to some bands such as Skylarkin or Jonquil- two bands who also have pretty awesome names.
I think, and this is going to sound pretty silly, but perhaps the generation of people you have spoken to about the Vines weren't interested in the "Garage Rock" (the time in the early noughties when The Strokes, The Vines and The Hives were compared by the NME as garage rock, and when Sum 41 had a video where they were rebranded "The Sums") boom.
Phyllis
The Technical Virgins. You know it's an awesome name.

Chunky Lungs and Toxic Snot will both always be old favorites of mine, but they've been mentioned on Matazone about a squillion times already.
Cath Sparrow
My brothers friend band was called Henrys Cat and they had a song call Blue Raspberries. biggrin.gif
Novander
Seeds In Bees

I'm trying not to think about how that would work because of the worrying possibility that it wouldn't.
michael1384
the water buffalos. I've always wanted to use that name for something.
Daria
Their first single could be about Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
/end nerdism
trunks_girl26
7 Car Pileup

ala Scrubs =)
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Sep 23 2007, 02:34 PM) *
One of the members would have pink hair, and they'd ask him on MTV what he thought about Hillary Clinton and he would smirk and say that he thought she was pretty hot, and the interviewer would pretend to be shocked and then someone would actually waste Hillary Clinton's time by asking her what she thought of the pink-haired guy.

And then yeah, we'd forget about them.

Not everyone, though. They'd have a cult following of high-school "misfits" who only like them because "they haven't sold out to the man."

Oh, and the pink-haired guy would go by a single-letter name like X or D...and no one would know what it stands for.

As for band names how about...
"RedLightGo"
"Indescribably Indescribable"
Or
"Agoraphobic Liberals"
Faerieryn
The stained underpants!

The holy Pimps!

Daisies and Air rifles

Killer mushrooms ate my ice cream

Sorry, I just think they sound so cool!
Izzy
Baum's Bomb.

Came up with it a few days ago when starting a new band. Never actually going to use it, because it's our drummer's last name, but it sounded cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.