Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fire Extinguishers
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Izzy
So today me and some friends did something we were planning to do since Friday. We pretty much made a list of things we thought would be funny to set on fire, and set it on fire. Well, that's not very safe, so we made Safira hold a fire extinguisher.

We set a bunch of paper on fire in the sink (my math homework... Didn't realize that until after we finished burning it... I have great friends...) and it looked really, really cool. So Stephanie's like 'Oh my god! Turn it off!'. And I'm like 'No, it's not dangerous yet!' And then Eli reaches over and turns the sink on. That, apparently was Safira's cue to use the fire extinguisher.

I expected white foamy stuff to come out, kinda like what they show on TV. But no, all this icky yellow dust stuff comes out, and it got in our eyes and throats and we all start gagging. It tasted, really... bad. And it was like impossible to breath.

And now my kitchen in covered in yellow dust-like stuff that won't go away. I grabbed a box of Frosted Flakes and started eating it, and somehow it got in there. Gah.

And it's all on film and we're debating whether or not to put it on YouTube. biggrin.gif

Yeah, overall, gonna think about stuff before doing it from now on.
Moosh
Yeah, you possibly should have read the word "Powder" on the side of it first?

I've never really played with the chemical ones myself, the water and CO2 ones are fun though, better for propelling things.

Although I did see a white powder one set off in some kid's face at school last year 'cos he came into the 6th Form common room. He didn't seem very badly affected by it.
Daria
Setting fire to things is fun, but ALWAYS check the type of fire extinguisher you have, before you start! Especially if you're setting alight to oil-based stuff. Or just have a bucket of sand to hand.

>_>
SPEAKERfortheLOST
I want to see this...

put it on YouTube and post the link here!!!
-TheKasbah-
I agree, I want to see it, it sounds amusing!
Izzy
Yeah, it's gonna go on YouTube as soon as I borrow this one cable I need and figure out how to get it up there.
-TheKasbah-
Yay, this calls for celebration, but I'm tired though, so I'll celebrate when it's on. I ran 3k earlier in 15mins, so I'm quite tired now.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
Arrrr.... a bit of piratey goodness would make the occasion.
michael1384
My god your insane. But it sounds like fun!
Forever Unknown
Yeah... You're, what? 13? Don't set things on fire. It's a STUPID thing to do.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Sep 29 2007, 03:15 AM) *

I agree.

But it would be fun to hand in the charred remains of your homework for marking...
michael1384
It is a stupid thing to do, but they were sensible in having a fire extinguisher handy. Upload it!
Izzy
We realized it was a stupid thing to do before we started filming, but were aiming for 'let's make it so stupid that it'll be funny.'

Ok, I've been asking around and Safira said she thinks she has the cable I need and will bring it to school on either Monday or Tuesday. If that doesn't work, I'll plug my camera into my TV and take pictures of funny-looking parts. There will eventually be some version of it online.
michael1384
Mum needs the water filled ones to get me out of bed in the morning.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
not to necropost, but syuu's new thread reminded me of this one...

and the fact that the video was supposed to go up on youtube...

has it?
Hyperion
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Sep 28 2007, 08:15 PM) *

Haha. I'm 19. Though I was 18 at the time.

We set a bush outside my dorm on fire using the only lighter-and-hairspray torch.

I admit that it was absolutely idiotic.

But oh man, was it fun.

Next time you're setting things on fire, kids... do it outdoors.

Cause your mom will NEVER forgive you for burning the house down.
Mata
I used a lot of fire to get various effects on paintings I was working on at university. I used to go out onto the metal fire escape out the back of my flats to do it, figuring that there was nothing there that could burn so it was pretty safe. Of course, by the time I'd been doing this for two weeks, there was enough paint on the fire escape for it to burn... But only for ten or fifteen seconds, but it did amuse me that I'd set fire to a fire escape!
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
I'm simple, lighting marshmallows on fire is good for me. They're so pristine and white, put 'em in fire, then they turn dark and crispy and evil.
=)
Mata
Release those inner demonic marshmallows with the power of fire! MWAHAHAHAHA!
Izzy
QUOTE (SPEAKERfortheLOST @ Nov 26 2007, 11:01 PM) *
not to necropost, but syuu's new thread reminded me of this one...

and the fact that the video was supposed to go up on youtube...

has it?

Er.. No.

Mainly because I don't have the right cables, partly because I'm lazy. unsure.gif
SPEAKERfortheLOST
Well get goin' Izzy! This will be an amazing video we are all sure...
Izzy
I can't get it on the computer!
SPEAKERfortheLOST
Well what do you need? I'm sure your Secret Santa will get it for you! tongue.gif
michael1384
No preassure but if you don't upload it within the next five days then the world will implode.

No preassure.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Dec 8 2007, 06:40 PM) *
No preassure but if you don't upload it within the next five days then the world will implode.

No preassure.

pretty sure that is actually spelled pressure...

unless your were 'assur[e]'ing her in 'pre'paration for the impending implosion of the world...

which then you would be just and right in your spelling...
michael1384
QUOTE (SPEAKERfortheLOST @ Dec 9 2007, 01:15 AM) *
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Dec 8 2007, 06:40 PM) *

No preassure.

pretty sure that is actually spelled pressure...

unless your were 'assur[e]'ing her in 'pre'paration for the impending implosion of the world...

which then you would be just and right in your spelling...

Ha ha. Thanks.
Izzy
I need a USB cable that will fit into my lap top and camera. In the past I've had ones that fit into lap top, camera, and neither. Never both.

And I just thought of something. If I play the thing on my TV, I take my digital camera, put it in film mode, re-film it, put that on my lap top, and then upload it.

The only problem I can think of is that I doubt my digital camera has enough memory to hold an 11ish minute video, so I might just do the part where the fire extinguisher goes off. Yeah.

That should work. Wait for my mom to be not-home though.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
you know, you can get a universal USB cable at Walmart for about $10 or something like that...
Izzy
Doesn't matter anymore. I just used my digital camera/TV. And it's better that way. Now I don't have to edit an hour long video (if you count everything on it. Heh, Cat Hunting, proof of how much my cousin and I get along, me and my cousin doing stupid stuff, and awesome guitar stuff were all on the same thing), which is always good! And it made my voice sound a lot less high pitched.

It's uploading RIGHT NOW. No clue how long it'll take, 20% done though.

Only took, you know, about 3 months. tongue.gif

(Psst, video's kinda crappy. It's hard to see stuff, so you have to listen.)

*edit* Right, well it's on YouTube. Somewhere. *tries to find it*
*edit again* Found it, but it says it's processing.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
so, I found it...

the video quality is horrible...

but it is up...

here's the link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=sBHxHjTXwsE

Have fun...
Mata
I think you need to fire your camera-person!
Izzy
Yeah, we decided that immediatly after we watched it for the first time. Then Safira started filming, which wasn't much better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.