Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We Have A Chat Room Through Irc!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mata
As of the 3rd June the IRC chatroom is no longer the official chatroom for The Other Side. It will still be there but you use it at your own risk!

The new chatroom is here,

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theotherside...ailinglist/chat

Please update your links and suchlike!

A NOTICE FROM Debaser, big chief powwow of the IRC chat channel...

at the moment, there are LOTS of issues going on with certain people on IRC. right now, i would avoid chat like the plague. i know, it sucks, but until something else is sorted out, it's a HUGE security risk even being there...

Yep, the lovely Disturbia and Sigil have set us up a chat channel using the IRC system.

I'd never used this before so I found this tutorial that talks you through how to install it

http://www.mirc.com/install.html

Once you're set up then you type into the box on the main window

/server irc.othersideirc.net

It will automatically connect you. The port number will be something automatic, most likely 6667

When you get connected to the server type

/join #Matazone

And then you should be online. Hurrah!

I'll be popping in now and then, but I'll be on these boards more because I'm desperately trying to get animations done whilst all this is going on.

Dis has said that she has a fair bit of experience with IRC so if you have questions then post 'em on here and hopefully he'll be around to answer them.

Eventually I will try and get the IRC set up to work through a javascript system but I haven't a clue how to do this, so if anyone knows anything more then please drop me a line!

Cheers,

Mata
Mata
BTW, I hope to get a chat room set up on this site but until I get the time to do that then this IRC is the method for the moment smile.gif
NoName4444
Hehe, I've just been sitting in the chat room for a day. Distrurbia was in there once for a while, smallsam was in there once, and Mata came once. Sadly, I wasn't actually in there for any of that. Oh well, back to the point I shouldn't be typing...
Mata
I was kinda wondering if the dodgy hand would keep you off of here!
MistressAlti
Gah, this sucks. I can't connect through because of my university's nasty firewall. Monkey-biters, they all are.
craziness
i would join it but i have to download stuff. downloading stuff= dry.gif ill just wait till we get one where i dont have to download anything
LoLo
Just bringing this topic back to the top of the newer posted on topics, since someone just said we need a chatroom.
gerbilfromhell
are you going to post on this thread every time people forget about it? only noobs don't know that we have a chat room and they'll figure it out eventually.... so...... uh...... RUN!
Industrial Kybosh
I've just been in it.

It's great.

And, as I suspected, Mata is a very pleasant fellow.

Happy chatty, peeps!
LadyDarkPeach
wait... i don't know which one to download.
I have windows Xp so i need to know if i should download the one that says Texas by it... so many links ack! blink.gif unsure.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif ph34r.gif
NoName4444
I found a site that gives you the code for a free java chat room, that acts like IRC. So basicly, it is easy for everyone to join, and you have some functionality. The best part is, I there's no ads or anything like that. It took me 2 seconds to set it up, they just give you the code to throw in your site and it works. They say don't modify their code... but it's very simple to play with it and change some values for the chat room.

Anyways, Mata, check this site out http://www.quickchat.org/. You should be able to get a java room up really easy.

For an example, I have one running on my comp. Go here http://66.57.19.106/ to look at it. It has lot of the IRC commands, so try using /help to see what they are.

I dono, hopefully this will enable everyone to get into the chat room, so I'm not sitting in there by myself :-/
NoName4444
::sigh:: So many people on the board, so few people in the chatroom (er.. me). IRC truely isn't that hard to figure out! If you're posting on the board, just drop into the chat room. Then you can talk with the peeps your posting with. It's fun when there's people in there...
leopold
No, it not hard to figure out. I went in there last night (about 2am here) and there was me and a pair of AFKs.

I'd go in now but I'm on a different channel downloading stuff. But nuffin illegal mind *cough* wink.gif
NoName4444
bah, you can be in as many channels as you like at one time tongue.gif
leopold
I'm on a diff IRC server too. Did I not mention that?

Nah, course I didn't. Silly me!

I can join #matazone but I'm the mod and they's nobod there to talk to...
craziness
i went into the one you put up, noname but i wast he only one there dry.gif im trying again right now
leopold
BTW Noname - yer idiots guide to IRC don't seem to be there...

Oh, and I'm in the room now. On me own.
gerbilfromhell
HAHA! YOU'RE ALL ALONE tongue.gif
leopold
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Mar 14 2003, 10:43 PM)
HAHA! YOU'RE ALL ALONE tongue.gif

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

/me runs away from the nasty rodent...
gerbilfromhell
rodent? now you're on 'the list'
leopold
/me quakes in me boots. NOT!

Hey! Lay off!! I'm an SB Death Culter too! You need all the support you can get, ratboy! wink.gif
gerbilfromhell
we've got enough support to lose one member (not that we'd want that). besides, this isn't a death cult matter, it's personal (though i probably should have expected something like that when i created the name because few people can understand what the hellish gerbil legions really are)
leopold
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Mar 14 2003, 11:51 PM)
we've got enough support to lose one member

See, that's how corporations stop caring about their dedicated followers. Right there!

Anyway, you started it! This has nowt to do with satanically driven hamsters or whatever the chuff ya are... so ner ner wi big nobs on to yer tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
gerbilfromhell
so? evil corporations that neglect followers generally do really well. but it doesn't matter, i'm not like that (for the moment), so i'll offer peace...... that doesn't sound like me...... dammit i've already posted it
leopold
's OK bud - I won't tell!

/me passes gerbilfromhell a freshly squeezed voddy & lime
gerbilfromhell
thanx for the vodka (drinks vodka, realizes truth about the world, passes out from ammount of knowledge, wakes up and can't remember what happened)
leopold
Is there ever anyones in this chat room, ever??

Been in four times today an all I saw was noname set to AFK.

Not awesome at all.
gerbilfromhell
i would go but that would take away precious posting time biggrin.gif
leopold
but you aint posted in a half hour!
gerbilfromhell
YOU LIE! mad.gif
leopold
well where do ya keep goin then?? Don't tell me, you're still in remedial class!

snarf snarf laugh.gif
NoName4444
Me and Inky are in the chat room now. There are people in there sometimes. If more people would go in there and stay, there'd be people in there a lot.
Industrial Kybosh
I'll second that!

It doesn't take much to keep an IRC window open. And, who knows!, you might just have fun.
NoName4444
Wait, but now that Inky's leaving, I'll have no one to talk to in the chat room. Unless Mata pops in sometime I'm posting, which rarely happens...
Industrial Kybosh
Sorry, goodbuddy.

Someone else will realise the joys of IRC soon, I'm sure of it...

Keep the faith, dooder.
MAtt
don't have the time or the internet power to get irc.... o how i wish
CrissiLove
Okay... I just downloaded the mIRC and I THINK I might be at the matazone chat room... it's just blank with nothing there but my name is on the right side though.. so I'm not sure if that is the room, or that's what happens when you're stupid and you messed up... lol
leopold
Reet - there's a few of us in here now... get yer arses in here quick before Debaser starts singin.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEAASE!!!!!!
Debaser
cheers for that... mad.gif
Industrial Kybosh
I'd like to thank my fellow chatters for a wonderful record-breaking night of IRC-ing. How many did we have? Seven?

Momentous occasion.
LoLo
Yes we had 7 top.....beat out the previous number of 4.
NoName4444
::sigh:: And of course I missed it. I'm in there the majority of any given day, but I had tests to study for. Go figure.
deprivedofpants
Duuude.. I'm always on mIRC. You can usually find me on the webchat server on the channel #Porygonix. My nick is chee-ah.

I'm usually there. If you have mIRC you could always type '/server irc.webchat.org' and then '/join #Porygonix'

Haha, my friends and I always talk about 'The Other Side' on #Porygonix biggrin.gif
CrissiLove
Last night was my first night at the chat room... it was really fun! And I am proud to have been there for the record-breaking number of chatters! smile.gif Thank you all that were there for the fun/laughs smile.gif
leopold
It wuz nice ta see ya there crissi - sorry ya had to leave early tho sad.gif
CrissiLove
I went back in later... but most of ya had left sad.gif LoLo and Inky were there though, so it was still fun smile.gif but we did miss the rest of ya!
leopold
Yeah - sorry bout that, I'm not the lad of leisure that inky is. I had ta get up fer work mad.gif I was knackered all day but it was worth it biggrin.gif
NoName4444
Wee, there was 5 people in the room today. Not the record, but still a fair number. The chat room is becoming more and more interesting!
MAtt
waht u talk about on irc?
NoName4444
Little bit of everthing. Talkin with my new n00b, about stuff in the Uk, and I dono. it's like live action forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.