Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We Have A Chat Room Through Irc!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
LoLo
seems to be working now
Pikasyuu
Am I just typing in the wrong server address? I copied it straight from Mata's post. What the hell is with m'bastard-like IRC?! - Thwaps the devil out've it. - BE GOOD, YOU.
Pikasyuu
Problem solved. o-o;;; - Hugs the poor litt'l abused IRC. -
PrincessCadhla
so what kind of server is irc.otherside.net?? Undernet, efnet, dalnet?? I can't get on that server because of my network here....I usually hang on Efnet on IRC....so anyone know??
LoLo
Ummmmm wish I could help ya out, maybe PM Debaser, he seems to be learning a lot of the cool stuff bout this IRC.
Debaser
i think it's a random server, at least that's what it tells me...
PrincessCadhla
I have been using IRC for about 8 yrs....random server is just a search done by mIRC to get you on IRC. can someone who is not using the matazone server go into status window and type /server? and tell em what you get and I will know if it is Efnet or Dalnet (those are the most prolific) if you are on Efnet, you can't access channels on Dalnet and vice versa.

If I feel like it , I can telnet into primenet and get on irc on their server, but I would rather just use mIRC.
leopold
It's an Otherside (Random) server... it's in the list as that
PrincessCadhla
Okie, my firewall and network won't let me get on otherside...
leopold
damn... that sucks...
PrincessCadhla
fixed it
Pikasyuu
Love the AV, Cadhla. Izzat sexy you?
MistressAlti
Gah, I finally get through the firewall and there's no one in the chat. Obnoxious, isn't it.
LoLo
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ May 2 2003, 05:56 AM)
Gah, I finally get through the firewall and there's no one in the chat. Obnoxious, isn't it.

I think there has been a sudden downfall to the chat since LOD was able to get into the other rooms, only he doesn't appear to have been on much the last couple of days. I personally haven't been on too much cause of the things I've had to do lately, and everytime I do go on if theres anyone there they are split up between the 3 rooms cause no one seems to know where to go, and even when we all are in the same room no one seems to talk as much. I would be in there right now but in about 10 mins I have to go start getting ready for my job interview today.
MistressAlti
Well, SOMEONE better show up, cause I'm home for the weekend. >pouts<
LoLo
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ May 2 2003, 02:06 PM)
Well, SOMEONE better show up, cause I'm home for the weekend. >pouts<

I'm in there now and D-man isnt talking, and he and i are the only ones in all 3 rooms. lol
Debaser
the thing doesn't flash when people come in! keep thinking that the place is empty, and then i check it after about half hour and 3-odd people have come and gone sad.gif
LoLo
someone come chat with me.... sad.gif
MistressAlti
I is all alone in the chat room... oh yeah, it's a Sunday morning, NO ONE's in the chat on Sunday mornings. >hits self in head<
LoLo
I'll come in....... biggrin.gif
MistressAlti
YAY! Keep me company!
everlasting godstopper
happy good times
MistressAlti
>sighs<

Just me and chanserv tonight...!
LoLo
I'll come in for a bit as long as my head can take it, if youre still there
MistressAlti
I'm almost always there.
poppa.moo
Apologies for the sudden Leave Of Absence last night, bloody parents wanted the phone line, would have stayed to say sionara, but was pretty urgent.
Would have thought ot have seen a few more people on though!
Just me and chanserv at the mo. ho-hum, maybe later.
craziness
*tears*
the last time i was on my computer [when it had net acess], i was in the chat. i got kicked off and it still doesnt work sad.gif
cheese is funny
just wondering crazi... any idea on how long till you get your net back on your comp?
craziness
ummm..........well.....i dont know if i will ever get it back, if we leave it the way it is now. you see, in order for me to get it back either A) my brother comes home from college and knows exactly how to fix it, or cool.gif we change internet servers eventually *sigh* welll maybe there is another way but i dont feel like thinking about what it could be right now, my brothers coming home in a week or 2 from college, hes graduating, so when he comes home hopefully he can fix it, and there is a pretty good chance, because he set it up before and he ran computer helpdesk at school and yeah......
LoLo
we miss you in chat crazi!
Industrial Kybosh
I chatted with MissyA last night!

Properly!

Yaaaaaaaaay!

I so happy...
MistressAlti
Heh. Define "properly". wink.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Are you suggesting that there was something improper about my chat, young lady?

tongue.gif
MistressAlti
I would never insinuate such a thing...!

wink.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Hmph...

You're a sly one, Missy...

It's all part of your charm wink.gif
MistressAlti
>beams<
Industrial Kybosh
See you in chat again tonight? Or will your friends be demanding 'real life' interaction again? dry.gif

Just so long as we have enough time to get e-hitched... wink.gif
MistressAlti
I'll be in for awhile, but not nearly to the extent of yesterday. I have an exam in the morning and I've got to make a Wal-Mart run sometime. But I'll be on for the wedding, don't worry.
Industrial Kybosh
Poor, busy Missy...

I hope I'm not being too much of a burden on your time...

sad.gif
MistressAlti
You're never a burden. A distraction, maybe, but I like it. biggrin.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Well, that's OK then.

I rather enjoy being a distraction wink.gif

Woo-ooo! Over here!
MistressAlti
happy.gif
LoLo
silly love monkeys.
gerbilfromhell
FINALLY! I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER SO I'M GOING TO CHAT! WHEEEEEEEEEE! biggrin.gif
gerbilfromhell
? what's going on? it won't let me in. it says the chanell's been closed......... HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!
poppa.moo
Right, after a short stint on chat, i'm gonna have to calm down a tad, as my aprents have just got the phone bill for the quarter. sad.gif

Harsh words were swapped this morning, not that i was paying any attention, but i have to cut down on my connection time, otherwise the internet disappears, and i ain't gonna let that happen! I an't leaving, just cutting down the time i'm online. sad.gif
MistressAlti
Aww.... poor moo....

>hugs poppa.moo<
poppa.moo
Cheers Missy, although i've been looking round for a subscription package, and looks as though i've sorted it now, so in a couple of weeks i could be more regular than i am now. It' ain't good being irregular! laugh.gif
LoLo
Yay..........I'm glad we're not going to completely loose ya! It's fun chatting with you. Even though yesterday you had multiple personality disorder, or schizophrenia. laugh.gif
poppa.moo
laugh.gif yeah, whatever happened there. had a word with that mate, and he swore it wasn't him. Don't worry about losing me, you're gonna have a hard enough time getting rid of me now! I likes chatting with you too, it's great to talk to people that aren't all about how good they are, and 'does anybody want cyber?' and of course, if you've ever been to yahoo chat, all the foreign people asking for plane tickets! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.