Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We Have A Chat Room Through Irc!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
LoLo
**makes note to self**

see if poppa will cyber with you.........ask for plain tickets..........I don't talk myself up? shoot I thought I did. I'm totally narcasitic.

I'm kidding I won't do any of that. cept maybe talk about myself. lol
poppa.moo
Talking about yourself is good, but some people reckon they are so much better than everyone else, and really shoot themselves up to god like standards, implying they have no faults whatsoever. I'll make an exception for you Lo, but i can't afford no plane tickets at the mo, i'm skinty-poo! laugh.gif
LoLo
LOL.........I don't fly poppa. I stay on the ground in my car where I'm not up high, so I don't think you'll have to worry about that. lol

Like I said in the last post I was only playing. biggrin.gif
poppa.moo
Is there any sort of web-based Irc, so i could get to it from work?
Industrial Kybosh
What the chuff has happened to chat? It was rocking not so long ago! Now it's nearly dead!

Jaq? Smallsam? Crissi? syuu? leo?

*sigh*

I'm just waiting to se if MissyA drops in again later...

So lonely... and tired...
Debaser
ok, i managed to find a way to get IRC working on a web page...so anyone on a firewall or whatever can use it...and it might entice people who don't want to download mIRC in...

only problem is, i need a free server that has CGI access. anyone know any that aren't netfirms? (cause netfirms sucks...)
Industrial Kybosh
Debs has been a very busy bunny...

I've been listening to him rant, rave and - gasp - swear like a little docker, so it'd be a shame if his endeavours went to waste...
Debaser
damn straight i have...so anyone???
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ May 18 2003, 03:58 AM)
What the chuff has happened to chat? It was rocking not so long ago! Now it's nearly dead!

Jaq? Smallsam? Crissi? syuu? leo?

*sigh*

I'm just waiting to se if MissyA drops in again later...

So lonely... and tired...

I'll pop in more, Inks.
poppa.moo
QUOTE (Debaser @ May 18 2003, 02:08 PM)
ok, i managed to find a way to get IRC working on a web page...so anyone on a firewall or whatever can use it...and it might entice people who don't want to download mIRC in...

only problem is, i need a free server that has CGI access. anyone know any that aren't netfirms? (cause netfirms sucks...)

Try Free Webs. It says:

Can I use CGI and PERL scripts?
We do support these types of scripts.
CGI/PERL accounts are specially created
for users and can be signed up for after logging in.

I'll have a search around for some more though.
The Tortured Soul
QUOTE (poppa.moo @ May 19 2003, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE (Debaser @ May 18 2003, 02:08 PM)

Try Free Webs. It says:

Can I use CGI and PERL scripts?
We do support these types of scripts.
CGI/PERL accounts are specially created
for users and can be signed up for after logging in.

I'll have a search around for some more though.

ooo ooo yes do that!!!

coz i'm not alowed to d/l mIRC (grrr parents) and i wanna get my A$$ onto the mata chat!!!
poppa.moo
Would be nice, having to stop the internet at home for the time being, and it would be good to be on while i was at work! Don't do anything but sit on my arse all day anyway! laugh.gif
Debaser
cool, i already have a freewebs account...although i think they try to charge you for it...yeah, i know, i'm a cheapskate...
Debaser
***OTHER SIDE IRC WEB CLIENT***

ok, so the address for the web client is http://www.osirc.cjb.net. you need java to run it, though...
Debaser
so now none of you have any excuse for not being on chat...
The Tortured Soul
ok i'll try it 2morro, dad wants me off now... i'm nearly an hour late 4 comming off...

if i remember rightly tho i don't have java... dammit!!!

i will try tho...
The Tortured Soul
dammit, i'll have to clear it with my dad 2moz, see if he'll let me d/l that thing...

fu(k it i might just du it while he's not looking...

cya 2moz
MistressAlti
Woo! The chat lives again!
poppa.moo
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: Operation timed out sad.gif

Blasted Firewalls! Oh well, nevermind. Just gonna have to use the ever reliable mIRC.
gerbilfromhell
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! CHAT DOESN'T WORK! i followed mata's instructions, and ended up 'talking in "#matazone" is that the wrong chat server? or is the chat just always mysteriously empty? dry.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ May 20 2003, 04:05 PM)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! CHAT DOESN'T WORK! i followed mata's instructions, and ended up 'talking in "#matazone" is that the wrong chat server? or is the chat just always mysteriously empty? dry.gif

The server should be Otherside and the chat room is #matazone.......lately there has been a person called DarkInferno just sitting in there (still haven't figured out who that is) so if they're there you've probably hit the right room. As for people not being there.....well it has seemed kind of dead lately. PM me if you want me to give you more detailed instructions on setup to see if maybe thats the problem.
Industrial Kybosh
Lo, I get the impression Dark Inferno is a chat-only guy. He's pretty sound, mind - although the only time I've really spoken to him he was drunk and pissed up on booze.

Vodka and tequila, apparantly. Mmm...
LoLo
So he actually chats then? Wow. I thought he was another chanserv type character lol.
MistressAlti
He said something once... I don't know why...
Pikasyuu
yeh, nobody's in the chat.
porcelainwarrior
jiminy, i just found out theres a chat room

ty syuu smile.gif
Pikasyuu
no problem. It's dead now though. should be active in a few hours.
porcelainwarrior
and now i made it work for me!

im so pleased tongue.gif
Pikasyuu
Chat's dead again. It should pick up when LoLo comes back and Deb comes 'round, otherwise nobody wansta' be there now. :P I lurk. And I make chanserv my bitch.
craziness
TOMMOROW MY NET COMES BACK ON MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do you know what that means?!?!!?!?!?!? THAT MEANS I GE TTO GO BACK IN THE CHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
syuu, i think it was about a day or 2 maybe even the same day you joined that i lost the internet on my computer and i have had to use my dads ever since then, he wont let me download anything, not to mention he thinks chat rooms and forums are evil and has no idea that i use them, actually i think hes seen me on matazone but has no idea what it is because he is that smart, but anyway once i get back on my computer i will be in the chat and damn i used to be in there all the time!
Pikasyuu
That will be absolutely bitchin', you've been missed. biggrin.gif Unfortunately, the chat's been dying a little lately. x.x;
LoLo
QUOTE (Debaser @ May 19 2003, 09:39 AM)
***OTHER SIDE IRC WEB CLIENT***

ok, so the address for the web client is http://www.osirc.cjb.net. you need java to run it, though...

I'm just bumping this to page 7 for anyone new.
Debaser
thanks lo...everyone has ignored the thing...bah...
Mr Fuzzy
I've not ignored it. Just don't need it what with being master of my own router and everything.
poppa.moo
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ May 27 2003, 07:48 PM)
I've not ignored it. Just don't need it what with being master of my own router and everything.

Oooh... aren't we the king of our castle! laugh.gif Tried it out, and it's great apart from i can't get past our remote firewall at work, cos it's too good!
MistressAlti
It's quiet. There's not even a ChanServ in here today...
LoLo
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ May 28 2003, 08:56 AM)
It's quiet. There's not even a ChanServ in here today...

there are people in there now
LoLo
Maybe you should try reconnecting cause we've all been in here for the last half hour or so.
MistressAlti
That I did, and I'm in now!
LoLo
sorry I left chat so fast, just the knowledge that there is someone in there who might send trojans to a computer got me off there fast, cause I'm on my moms computer right now. I don't know if they can with me using the java based chat, but who knows. Anyways I need to head out and actually mow the lawn today, plus I need to do it before it gets sickenly hot, which its getting right now.
Debaser
NOTICE:

some people on the chatroom have been using the server to send trojans to others. please be extremely careful if you are recieving files from others. i don't think the java applet has the ability to recieve files, but don't quote me on that...
hinsley
wat does all of that mean? i wanna know to keep me safe...
Debaser
a trojan's basically something that allows another computer to control yours...but you have to download this one program...so be careful what you're downloading off who...
LoLo
Is the alternate chat room back in use, cause I went into the reg one and no one was in there.
MistressAlti
I think the whole DI thing scared people...
craziness
i got kicked out but i had gone downstairs to yell at my brother about my parents taking my internet privelleges...of course he is on their side................ but oh well.... he is still here right now but i think that he is downstairs so he wont be catching me online now will he? and my little brother doesnt care if im not allowed on and i am....
LoLo
for those who know what im talking about, we are gathered in the alt room.
craziness
how do i get into the alt room?
Sun Tsu
I finally got mIRC to work!
HappyBunny
*is downloading*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.