Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Englanding!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Cath Sparrow
Yeh I think we managed to scare one of the Americans away from the forum completely with that meet. The other one we cant get rid of for love nor money. She even went and married moop to make sure we couldn't.

/hugs Cand
Mata
I feel really guilty about that one, but I really didn't have the money and that was that.

Tara, we had a little meet last week, but it was struck by the usual Easter meet-up blues. Meets at this time of year always seem to have low turnouts. There will probably be another one in London in a month or two, then there's the Ispwich Daria/Spoon-meet on June 28th.

How do people feel about an evening of drinks in London at the end of April?
Daria
That sounds nice (and not too expensive biggrin.gif )
Tara, you are more than welcome to come down to the party! It would be cool to get everyone together, especially if US forumites are over : )
Polocrunch
Hello Matazone, long time no see! I still secretly love you though, Mata, like everyone does.

Syuu syuu syuu!!! I heard about your crummy firing. Your boss is a dick with a dick in her mouth. You are awesome, and you will undoubtedly get a better job. School or hospital, what's up with those? Has anything happened?

I'm around in London sometimes, but like Mhari said mostly up in Durham (until June-ish times). Give me an LJ comment or make a post to say when you've made a decision about when to come. I'll be waiting for you!

Kisses to everyone, Matazone still feels like snug, warm home in this crazy internet wilderness.

ecks ecks ecks
Mata
Polo! Good to see you old chap. It would be lovely to see you at one of the meets again. So what's keeping you busy these days? University, or has that been and gone now?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 7 2007, 01:28 AM) *
It's around $11 per pack in the UK for any decent brand. Then again, I hear rumblings about something big happening to currencies in January. People with lots of money are buying dollars as fast as they can at the moment. I don't have lots of money, so can't do this, but it's interesting news.

*hmmmmm* Is it worth me buying some dollars then??? I have money to invest. Not sure.

Syuu, you'll need to remember to pack no liquids in your hand luggage unless they are less than 100ml and are in a small plastic bag no bigger than 20cmx20cm. Other than that remember your passport and details of where you're staying and you shouldn't have any problem. Just hope you don't get an arsey customs official who decides he doesn't want to play fair with two innocent young travellers on a Friday night because he'd rather be out with his friends! dry.gif He was so rude! He asked me 5 times what I did for a living because he couldn't believe that someone in combats with pink hair could POSSIBLY be an office manager of a publishing company. He then proceeeded to turf out of entire suitcase and then left it lying there tutting at us as we were holding up the line trying to get everything back in the suitcase in a reasonable manner. Tit! mad.gif
elphaba2
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Apr 15 2008, 09:40 AM) *
Syuu, you'll need to remember to pack no liquids in your hand luggage unless they are less than 100ml and are in a small plastic bag no bigger than 20cmx20cm. Other than that remember your passport and details of where you're staying and you shouldn't have any problem. Just hope you don't get an arsey customs official who decides he doesn't want to play fair with two innocent young travellers on a Friday night because he'd rather be out with his friends! dry.gif He was so rude! He asked me 5 times what I did for a living because he couldn't believe that someone in combats with pink hair could POSSIBLY be an office manager of a publishing company. He then proceeeded to turf out of entire suitcase and then left it lying there tutting at us as we were holding up the line trying to get everything back in the suitcase in a reasonable manner. Tit! mad.gif

Quel salope!

My only weird customs story is the agent at Heathrow who jokingly tried to stab me with my nail scissors. It's not just me, right? That is a weird thing to do?

In other news, good luck with your eventual pond-hopping syuu. It sucks not having money to go to expensive places (Chile, Japan and South Africa, I am looking at YOU.)
Pikasyuu
Pixie, that's..horrifying. O_o The customs official thing? Gee-eeeez.

Polos, I haven't gotten either job yet. My plan right now is actually to start going to school and saving money at the same time. Unfortunately my priorities are all combating for attention - there's an England vacation, getting an apartment, paying tuition, and I'm really wanting to do this..with no job. Hopefully those pennies I planted in the yard will grow me a gigantic money tree soon. >_>

But! I will find a way. If not this year, then the next, if not that one, the one after, and so on and so forth until I'm stumbling out of a pub singing. wink.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Apr 15 2008, 08:38 PM) *
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Apr 15 2008, 09:40 AM) *

My only weird customs story is the agent at Heathrow who jokingly tried to stab me with my nail scissors. It's not just me, right? That is a weird thing to do?

I have a funny experience too smile.gif My girlfriends and I were travelling to Prague and it was just after the above rule was emposed and my friend asked us if she thought her solid stick lipbalm would be confiscated if it wasn't in a plastic bag? We all started making jokes about how you could stab someone in the eye and blind them with lip balm and the customs lady looked very serious and said "Actually, it's what you combine it with that makes it dangerous!" She look so sour and serious that we all just walked off laughing saying stuff like "What? Mascara and blusher for instance?!?!". Of course we know that, we were JOOOOOKKKIINNGG! Geez!
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (syuu @ Apr 16 2008, 06:25 AM) *
stumbling out of a pub singing. wink.gif

Singing what, exactly?

CHINGA!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.