Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "This is the first day of my life..."
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Daria
So, I am sat here listening to The Bright Eyes- First Day Of My Life and it has the lyrics:
"This is the first day of my life
Glad I didn't die before I met you
Now I don't care, I could go anywhere with you
And I'd probably be happy"
It's all soppy and love-song...y but! Have you ever had that feeling where *click* suddenly everything changed? Your whole outlook on life or your situation or how you percieve others- anything. A sudden realisation that actually life is currently awesome, or even something as small as a "best day ever" day that you don't have to look back on to realise just how incredible it was? It could be because of a person you met, or a new relationship, a letter you got in the post or watching someone pick up someone elses wallet/ purse and hand it back to them.

I'm probably romanticising life because I'm procrastinating from doing work, but I like being a Romantic. It makes everything rosy happy.gif

So share with Matazone! When was that moment for you? Who did you meet? What happened? Are you still happy?
Witless
I tend to feel pretty euphoric when I read something incredible that turns on loads of lights in my head. My Girlfriend says my voice changes when I talk about those things with her later. Things that humble me and make me feel connected with everything on some fundamental level is normally what does it.

Helps me feel a part of everything again, tis nice.

The other time I feel good is when my efforts to do something big.. something someone like me isn't expected to be able to do, all pay off in a big way.
voices_in_my_head
When I dumped my boyfriend, as dump as that sounds.

I had this ephiphany that I can't teach the unwilling, and that I'm independent enough that any one behind me in life will probably drag me down. And I realised that my goals in life are a bit too abstract for some people to get, but that doesn't mean I'm crazy or the goals aren't good. And suddenly I believed that I could be better, that I was destined for better things in life and that the reason I don't think like other people is so that I can go above. So basically it was a huge lift of confidence. smile.gif

Along the same lines, "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie took on an entirely new meaning for me after the above ephiphany. I kinda see it as "the dark" meaning a dark point in life instead of death. If that made any sense, I don't know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.