Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Secret Santa
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Secret Santa
Ho, ho. Santa needs a little help regarding Faerieryn! Would be ok for her to make like Daria and list some interests?
Faerieryn
Faerieryn likes music of the loud and rocky persuasion
Books of a science fictiony/ fantasy persuasion
Faeries so long as they are not the tyepe that take up space
Funny things that make her laugh - NOT rude stuff though
cheesy stuff

Anything that might make me giggle!
Secret Santa
Santa has found a present for Voices and will probably post it on Monday, hopefully it might get there before Christmas.
Secret Santa
Santa would like a little more help with finding a present for Izzy as Myspace and Facebook wo't let Santa access them until Izzy has agreed to be Santa's friend!

Would Izzy like a comical music CD for example? Or maybe an audio booK? Or maybe something truely daft
Secret Santa
Santa has found a present for Izzy and it is winging its way to her now. Santa would like to ask Izzy to check her post for packages that may be sent to her or another random matazonian that Paypal might have caused to put the wrong name on the package. Santa hates Paypal and may send the Black Op Elves round to blow them up!!!!
Secret Santa
Santa Would like to know what kind of gifts Kitty is interested in! Santa also thinks that it would be helpful if Kitty posted a list of interest for him to choose from.
Secret Santa
Santa has a present for Emma. Instead of asking Emma what her interests were, Santa had one of his elves find out, hopefully to completely surprise Emma.

The gift should get mailed Monday.
Kitty
Kitty likes random things that people come up with
and office supplies!
and good books.
But random and unexpected things are always best
Secret Santa
Santa has posted Daria's gift!
Secret Santa

Ho ho ho! Santa has sent Moop's present. I hope you like them young man, ho ho ho.
Secret Santa
SPEAKERFortheLOST's present is in the mail. Santa got strange looks at the post office, but SPEAKER will have a lovely Christmas if I have anything to say about it! Ho ho ho-ho ho!
Moosh
I got my present today!!! But I'm not going to open it until Christmas.
Mata
Blow that - I'm opening mine when it comes!
Secret Santa
Ho Ho Ho, Elphaba's present is on its way.

Hopefully she will find it suitably fabulous!
Secret Santa
Candice's present will arrive sometime today. unless someone isn't home. which then it will be tomorrow. sounds kind of ominous doesn't it?
Phyllis
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 12 2007, 05:55 AM) *
sounds kind of ominous doesn't it?

YES. Five seconds after I read your post, my doorbell rang. It was DHL with my present. Are you watching me, Santa?! ohmy.gif

I was a naughty girl and opened my present early. I am ill (for the BILLIONTH time since moving here..stupid English germs), so I needed something to cheer me up. And it worked! Santa got me caffeinated soap and a titanium spork! TITANIUM! CAFFEINE! oh man. I am going to take the spork with me to the in-laws' for Christmas. It may come in handy. You never know when a member of the extended family will get unruly and need sporking.

I took a photo: clicky. My hand looks slightly odd because the other hand was steadying it in an attempt to keep it still so the photo wasn't blurry (failed). Anyway, thank you very much, Santa! biggrin.gif

Do I say who I think it was now, or do I wait for other people to receive their gifts?
Mata
I got my present!

The export laws from Canada meant that Ashbless had to put her name on the box, but *BIG VIRTUAHUGS* to Ashbless. What a cool box of pressies!

Going clockwise from the top left, there is:

- a toy beaver - name currently undecided, although Pascal and Mr Nibbles are both strong contenders (speech bubble added by myself). The beaver seems to only speak French, so this could be very educational
- chocolate covered coffee beans - Sues has already stolen these (since Ashb did say they were for her) and I expect her to be vibrating by the end of the afternoon
- some yummy coffee
- playing cards with the Canadian flag on them. Apparently I supposed to be able to see the faces of Jean and Jacques in them, but I'm not sure about that...
- TWINKIES! I've been to America twice and Sues has been once and we've somehow never seen these for sale, so we were both very excited to have these. I had one after lunch and it was very tasty! A bit like a really light angel cake, except without the marzipan.
- a nice little letter from AshB.

You're an absolute star AshB, *virtuahugs again* Thank you!
Kitty
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 12 2007, 08:46 AM) *
- TWINKIES! I've been to America twice and Sues has been once and we've somehow never seen these for sale, so we were both very excited to have these. I had one after lunch and it was very tasty!

You like twinkies?! I always seem surprised to find people that enjoy eating twinkies. I always think its some urban myth that they're actually enjoyable....
SPEAKERfortheLOST
QUOTE (Kitty @ Dec 12 2007, 10:03 AM) *
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 12 2007, 08:46 AM) *

- TWINKIES! I've been to America twice and Sues has been once and we've somehow never seen these for sale, so we were both very excited to have these. I had one after lunch and it was very tasty!

You like twinkies?! I always seem surprised to find people that enjoy eating twinkies. I always think its some urban myth that they're actually enjoyable....

Well being that we grew up with them, we have an appreciation for what they used to be...

That and we know what is in them...

Yay for the nuclear war survivors! Cockroaches and Twinkies to feed them!
Secret Santa
QUOTE (candice @ Dec 12 2007, 06:41 AM) *
YES. Five seconds after I read your post, my doorbell rang. It was DHL with my present. Are you watching me, Santa?! ohmy.gif

Yes. I AM watching you... or haven't you been paying attention to all the songs about me? Hmm?
Phyllis
Twinkies used to be banana flavored. EW! I don't mind the regular, plain ones (not my favorite thing in the world, but they're okay), but the thought of a banana flavored one makes me queasy. I saw a special on them late at night on the Food Network once when I couldn't sleep. I was pretty disappointed to learn that they don't have a shelf life of 17 years. sad.gif They actually have a fairly short shelf life.

So do I guess my Santa or not?
Mata
I have no idea. Do you want to guess your Santa?
Phyllis
Sure. I think it was Speaker, based on the location that Santa revealed when he asked me what I'd like!

I tried the caffeinated soap. It was nice and non-drying, which is rare for me when it comes to soap. Especially in the winter. The internets suggest that it was probably the peppermint scent rather than the caffeine that made me feel awake, but that's okay because I still feel refreshed!

I have yet to find a suitable victim for a good sporking yet, though. I am saving it for someone special (using it to eat is not an option. A titanium spork deserves to be used to poke people, not food). biggrin.gif
SPEAKERfortheLOST
Ack! I knew I should have posted more places that I would be over break...

Yes, Cand... it was me...

and the challenge with the spork is to find something to poke it with that will make it bend...

I have yet to find something suitably strong for that... dry.gif
Phyllis
hehehe. I will do my best. evil.gif

Thank you for my present, Speaker! biggrin.gif I was quite impressed with how wonderfully random and amusing it was!
Mata
RE: Twinkies. The rest of the world sees American media every day, and there are many, many references to Twinkies. Off the top of my head I can only think of two. Ghengis Khan in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure loves Twinkies for the sugar rush. Homer twists one and in Apu's shop in The Simpsons, to which Apu responds 'You foolish man, you cannot hurt the Twinkie'. Naturally we get curious about this food stuff that we've never tried.

I did expect them to be more sugary, like a sweet rather than a cake, but it's nice that it wasn't. More sweetness would have been too much, but it was really quite nicely balanced. For preference I would have gone with adding a little jam, but then it would be exactly like a Victoria sponge, but that's one of my favourite cakes, so there's nothing wrong with the similarity in my view.
trunks_girl26
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 12 2007, 06:02 PM) *
RE: Twinkies. The rest of the world sees American media every day, and there are many, many references to Twinkies. Off the top of my head I can only think of two. Ghengis Khan in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure loves Twinkies for the sugar rush. Homer twists one and in Apu's shop in The Simpsons, to which Apu responds 'You foolish man, you cannot hurt the Twinkie'. Naturally we get curious about this food stuff that we've never tried.

I did expect them to be more sugary, like a sweet rather than a cake, but it's nice that it wasn't. More sweetness would have been too much, but it was really quite nicely balanced. For preference I would have gone with adding a little jam, but then it would be exactly like a Victoria sponge, but that's one of my favourite cakes, so there's nothing wrong with the similarity in my view.

Twinkies are ok, until you're innocently shopping in the mall and come across Twinkie Scented Lotion....(I took a picture of it on my phone) That day will live in infamy.
Mata
I now have visions of being chased by a ravenous sugar frenzied mob who want to eat my Twinkie-scented flesh.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 12 2007, 08:52 PM) *
I now have visions of being chased by a ravenous sugar frenzied mob who want to eat my Twinkie-scented flesh.

Ladies! Your attention please!

Introducing the Twinkie-Zombie!

He loves the sounds of Deathklok, erie strolls through the graveyard, and the taste of Twinkie-scented flesh.

And he has something to say!

So, Mr. Zombie what do you want (to say)?

Zombie: Twinkies!

Thats most interesting Mr. Zombie. Is there anything else you would like to add to that?

Zombie: Twinkie-Brains!

Well, that was most delightful Mr. Zombie. I can see why the ladies love you.

Well ladies this is your chance to try and win a chance to get together with this amazing guy! Call the number at the bottom of the screen, NOW!
Kitty
I understand why twinkies would be fascinating, I just don't understand how you found them enjoyable! My mother loves them though, and she's quite against anything overly sweet. A phenomenon I don't think I'll ever understand.

Also, if you're interested in year-round twinkies, they make twinky bake sets! what will the world come up with next?
Secret Santa
Santa's elves at FedEx inform him that Ange's present will be arriving tomorrow!
Mata
QUOTE (Kitty @ Dec 13 2007, 01:42 PM) *
Also, if you're interested in year-round twinkies, they make twinky bake sets! what will the world come up with next?

For that special Twinkie zombie in your life.

Somehow the idea of an icing injector seems incredibly disturbing.
Daria
I made vampire cakes for hallowe'en and had to use a piping bag with a plain nozzle because I didn't have a special injector to inject the jam. If only I knew of Twinkie Zombies sleep.gif
mooooooooooopo
My present arrived today! I got a pair of juggling boobs. Thanks muchly Darilla! biggrin.gif

I will post glorious pictures after I have had a hair cut so I look like slightly less of a tramp!
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 28 2007, 11:02 PM) *
Nearly two years counts as a while!

Nearly five years is a length of time I find disturbingly long...
trunks_girl26
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 13 2007, 10:06 AM) *
Santa's elves at FedEx inform him that Ange's present will be arriving tomorrow!

Sadly, Ange will not be able to open it until she gets back from uni on the 19th......however, I shall post pictured when I get it!
SPEAKERfortheLOST
I have been notified of a suspicious package on my doorstep...

I will examine it more fully once I return home...

Though the description of the package reminded me of a rather interesting passage from a book a read once...

I'm thoroughly anxious to see it...
elphaba2
Man, I hope he comes home soon. I am curious as a very curious thing.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Dec 13 2007, 06:26 PM) *
Man, I hope he comes home soon. I am curious as a very curious thing.

Well I apparantly will be home on Tuesday...

Much waiting is in store for all of us... dry.gif

Damn weather.... mad.gif
Forever Unknown
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 12 2007, 11:02 PM) *

I can't believe you forgot this.
Cath Sparrow
That's a big twinkie.

hehe nice one FU biggrin.gif
Izzy
QUOTE (SPEAKERfortheLOST @ Dec 13 2007, 10:55 PM) *
Damn weather.... mad.gif

What, in Florida? Nuh uh. It hasn't rained in forever and isn't blazing hot for once. Could be colder though...
SPEAKERfortheLOST
Well, apparently if your grandfather who you are driving back to FL with decides to leave during a small break in the weather and you had pulled an All-Nighter the night before, that you will make it home in FL in less time than it should have taken...

So I'm home now. And am *VERY* tired...

I opened my present...

Wow...

That was the epitome of random goodness...

I already feel more lucky and inspired!

I will post a picture when I get a camera...
Mata
I'm very curious now. Can you write what you got, or would you prefer to wait for the camera?
SPEAKERfortheLOST
I will post a picture and tell you what is there then....

It will make much more sense that way...
Phyllis
I'm curious now, Speaker! Do you have any idea who your Santa was?

Also: Today the internets led me to something that is...well. I don't think I can describe it, so I will just let the name speak for itself. The Twinkies Cookbook. I thought of this thread immediately, of course.

Chapter nine is dedicated to Twinkies and Meat.

Seriously.
Mata
The official Twinkies cookbook, showcasing hardcore fansí recipes

Hahaha hardcore Twinkie fans!
SPEAKERfortheLOST
QUOTE (candice @ Dec 17 2007, 08:07 AM) *
I'm curious now, Speaker! Do you have any idea who your Santa was?

I do have an idea. A very good idea. Actually my idea has been researched by 300 flying purple monkeys and confirmed. My idea is so good that it is up for debate for entrance into the Guiness Book of World Records. My idea is more than a simple idea. My idea has transpired past idea stage and blossomed into full blown knowledge.

So would you like to know how it was?

Or should I just keep you all in suspense?

Maybe the Santa will come forward and spill their respective guts?

Maybe I will end up telling you at some later time?

To tell or not to tell, that is the question.

It was elphaba2.
elphaba2
Betrayed by my state. Damn you New York!

Glad you liked it though, Speaker!
SPEAKERfortheLOST
Well it was either you or Silver Star...

So ya...

But I will get my camera sometime this week... hopefully...

I will post a picture then...

when ever then is...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.