Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Secret Santa
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Secret Santa
Syuu my dear, I do hope you haven't felt left out so far... Santa had to do some decorating and couldn't get on t'internet for a while but thou shall receive gifts for your good self over the coming days in three varying bundles so hold on wink.gif
Izzy
My present came Saturday!!!! It's like, the essence of cuteness and death. At the same time. Totally awesome. I named him Grim. Shall post picture soon. Thanks Ryn. biggrin.gif
michael1384
In the Netherlands, Santa lives in Spain and travells north vi steam boat.
Daria
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Dec 18 2007, 09:32 PM) *
In the Netherlands, Santa lives in Spain and travells north vi steam boat.

The Netherlands is a made up place, silly.

I am still waiting for the postie to bring me my present. On the other hand, I haven't been home since Saturday morning, so it may be waiting for me when I get back!
voices_in_my_head
Got mine! Thanks, CheeseMoose!
Shame you couldn't have gotten a feathery cape, eh? tongue.gif

Pictures to come soon, promise.
Daria
Update: Apparently, according to a Santa*, I have a package at home!
Hurrah biggrin.gif

*one of them in there is my housemate.
elphaba2
Mine came yesterday, and I was so incredibly excited that I couldn't speak, let alone write about it.
That was it. I didn't get lazy.

Anyway, it is so fantastic! My present looked like this: present!
and it had helpful notes telling me what to do with each item: notes
but most importantly, there were WINDUP RACING AWESOME PENGUINS. Chyes!!! This is a Christmas! penguins!!

Muchos gracias to delightful moop, who is inherently tricky and had candice sign the customs form. Excellent excellent santa. A-plus WOULD BUY AGAIN GOOD JOB SELLER.
Faerieryn
Thought you'd like him!!! He's so cute
Izzy
Picture time!
[Er yeah, edit. Sorry, didn't realize some of the stuff I had in that pic. ]

And here's a picture of his cute little puppy-dogish eye.
Daria
I Got a smiley red octopus type thing and it made me giggle biggrin.gif It is so awesome!

I STILL can't figure out who it's from, and I would take a picture but I am too far away from it right now and the outside world (outside of my duvet) is still 10C as the heating hasn't properly kicked in.

I'll post one later.
Also, never knew there was a Woodbridge in the US. I used to live near a Woodbridge in Suffolk!
michael1384
Hopefully now that nobody has been kidnapped, mum will trust you all now and next year I will be able to join in! Hurrah!
Daria
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Dec 20 2007, 10:19 AM) *
Hopefully now that nobody has been kidnapped

ph34r.gif
Yep. No one at all. Every one in their respective countries and homes.

*hides Moosh in the cupboard*

>_>
Cath Sparrow
*still waits expectantly by the letter box*
Mata
Come on Cath's Santa! I'm guessing you might have a US one if it's not here yet.

Did everyone get theirs sent in time? I did (which is more than I can say for my Christmas cards!).
Phyllis
moop and I got ours sent in time. My person should have gotten his/hers by now...I think. And we already know that moop's did.

snoo's Santa has until SATURDAY for snoo's present to get here in time for us to give it to her at Christmas. We set off for Worcestershire on Saturday afternoon. I know who it is, and it isn't highly likely to arrive in time if s/he hasn't sent it already. But that's okay, we'll undoubtedly see her again sometime soonish, or I can post it to her new address if it's not too heavy.
Secret Santa
There are TWO Woodbridges in the US, atleast! Santa would know.

Santa also has pictures of Daria's present!. That also came with this!
Daria
biggrin.gif
I took some pictures. There's Smoot looking very put out that he has to pose, and Parsnip winking at the camera.

[yetanotherEDIT] Totally figured out who was my Santa. They are awesome and I want to thank them lots and lots and lots happy.gif
Kitty
I still haven't gotten my present! =( saadd. Then again, I haven't checked the mail recently....
Moosh
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Dec 11 2007, 12:42 PM) *
I got my present today!!! But I'm not going to open it until Christmas.

Okay, so my willpower lasted nine days.

I got a rather spiffy Design Your Own Mug kit. Picture

This is doubly awesome 'cos my mug got broken last week, so I need a new one!

It didn't say who it was from, but I have a sneaking suspicion it was from Mata
Mata
*strokes chin* It could be...

Well yes, it was. I was stumped for ideas, so I went wandering around a toy shop. I figured you might be the kind of person who would enjoy customising their own crockery, so that was the present for you. I really hope it got to you in one piece!

I've been thinking about getting one for myself then making a Banksy-style stencil art thing for it, but I've not come up with any good ideas yet. Have fun!
Smiler
I've not got mine yet but then it may be that the present(s) i sent might a bit late in part. I may have cut it a bit fine so I'm sorry my secret present recipient wink.gif
Pikasyuu
Okay..okay..WHO had me? WHO? I LOVE YOU. Whoever you are, I do. Oh..m'god.

*collapses in a fit of glee*

This time, I did change in front of the postman.

It was a smiths t-shirt.

*dies*
Mata
Whoever you are that bought that for Syuu, I suspect you've just made the day of two people! biggrin.gif
Pikasyuu
And..now I'm confused!
I got another gift from a UK address - monkey benders! Many of which I'm currently playing with and can't ignore for more than five seconds at a time tongue.gif Whoever got that either got very lucky or knows exactly how to entertain me.

So, if I got two secret santas..thank you! I'm fairly sure the shirt was over the limit, therefore it couldn't be from the same person (NY address and UK address aside), so I'm confused. Either someone in New York randomly got me smiths apparel and someone in the UK loves me, or..vice versa?

*head explodes with joy either way*
Izzy
Er, that could be bad if you got two Santas. Really bad.

If you bought a present for Syuu because you were her Santa, PM me.
*hopes for only one PM*
Faerieryn
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 18 2007, 12:17 PM) *
Syuu my dear, I do hope you haven't felt left out so far... Santa had to do some decorating and couldn't get on t'internet for a while but thou shall receive gifts for your good self over the coming days in three varying bundles so hold on wink.gif

Just thought I'd point this out to Syuu- Santa has sent you THREE bundles
Faerieryn
Incidentally, thank you very much to whoever sent me my Secret Santa. It is very cool and I would love to know who a) Sent it to me and b ) didn't put my name on the package or on the card so that me and Matt had to open it together to find out who it was for! Only joking! It's very cool and the chilli chocolate blows your head off

I was given a really funky pepper grinder in the shape of a Pirate Yaaaargh! and the aforementioned choccie picture is shown here

Matt is also waiting patiently by the letter box- He's not leaving the house until it arrives- he's taken two whole weeks off work!
Smiler
That's making me sound a little impatient but I'm not honest.

It's good to see that my pressies have been well received by their recipient, although I'm not saying who I bought for, that's for them to guess wink.gif
Pikasyuu
I'm guessing you, Smiler, although if I said why, I might get in trouble!
And I didn't know the three bundles could come from two different countries, sorry! I think the names may have been different on each as well, but that's the mystique of online buying..
Either way, thank you again! biggrin.gif
Mata
Could Secret Santa for Smiler please PM me to confirm that there's something on the way there. Also, who hasn't received anything yet?
Secret Santa
Ho ho hooooo!

Santa would just like to inform Kitty that if she has not recieved a present yet, it is on its way right now!

Santa would also like to apoligize if his gift is a bit late getting there! Santa's elves are very bad about procrasination!
{Gothic Angel}
Santa informs me that my gift will be here probably a bit late. Santa should not worry, that is fine tongue.gif I shall not be a home until the 29th-ish after Christmas day though, so pictures and humerous anecdotes will not be forthcoming until then probably smile.gif
Smiler
QUOTE (syuu @ Dec 23 2007, 02:29 AM) *
I'm guessing you, Smiler, although if I said why, I might get in trouble!
And I didn't know the three bundles could come from two different countries, sorry! I think the names may have been different on each as well, but that's the mystique of online buying..
Either way, thank you again! biggrin.gif

Well yes, I thought that a puntured bicicle on a hillside might be a bit...erm... desolate wink.gif heehee. I'm glad you like the shirt, it seems the postie may have; and what would the festive period be without monkeys???!?

You'll probably get some badges too, enjoy them.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
At long last I have pictures of the present that elphaba sent me!!!!

Glee for my new shiny camera!

now if only I could take a picture of it...

anyway, here's the link to the picture: HERE

From the top and moving down, like reading a book:

The box it came in... kinda reminiscent of the letters that Harry Potter received from the Dursleys? (Our addresses have been removed... Oh the wonders of Photoshop!)

A malevolent round object (its a fat squirrel!!!!!)

A benign round object (an orange?)

A book of insights (On Bullshit)

Two lucky rocks and a lucky bottle cap (Star Lager - its good, try it sometime!)

A shiny piece of cloth (Silvery)

A oddly shaped and patterned piece of cloth (not-Silvery)

I absolutely love it! Thanks elphaba2!
Mata
Good stamps too!
elphaba2
It was actually quite embarrassing; I had lost my wallet that day and grabbed my change bag and a handful of stamps on the way to the post office, and the postmaster person made fun of me and called me a hobo for only having $1.60 or something in cash. The things I do for matazonians.

Glad you liked the gift, Speaker (where have you seen star in the states? I have not found it anywhere around my town!), and the stamps, Mata. Are there weird stamp options in Britain or are they all queens and stiff upper lips and towers?
SPEAKERfortheLOST
I have found it at a local bar that specializes in beer and at a store called 'World Market'. Unfortunately, World Market hasn't made it into NY yet...

I appreciate the oddity of the stamps as well... I don't think I have seen such in a long, long time...
Mata
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Dec 26 2007, 01:15 AM) *
Are there weird stamp options in Britain or are they all queens and stiff upper lips and towers?

We get seasonal editions and occasionally we have ones to memorialise things, but they're usually fairly serious. I doubt we're likely to get Marvel superheroes on them any time soon.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
There are lots of different stamp collections bought out each year. See?

I still haven't had my Secret Santa present yet but I've been led to believe that it's not because I've been forgotten!
Secret Santa
Ho ho ho, no Snoo, you haven't been forgotten! Santa's gift for you has three parts, and Santa had to wait for one component to get to the North Pole, but the elves that sold that component were suffering from extreme idiocy and therefore didn't get it to me in time. It shall be mailed in a couple of days!

This news just in: I am reliably informed that Smiler's present is in transit.
{Gothic Angel}
Caths and Jens are bad, disorganised people tongue.gif
I_am_the_best
Zomg, thank you Izzy! I got the 4th book from the Death Note series - SO awesome. Eeeeee, I am all smiley. smile.gif
Mata
Death Note series?
I_am_the_best
It's a manga about a boy who finds a book which can kill a person if you write their name in it. He uses it to kill all the dangerous criminals but it's still murder so the police get involved. And then it continues from there. Lots of fun, despite the slightly morbid topic.
Smiler
Hey Syuu, did you get the third part in the end? Secret Santa is being pestored by a vendor.
Izzy
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Dec 30 2007, 12:10 PM) *
Zomg, thank you Izzy! I got the 4th book from the Death Note series - SO awesome. Eeeeee, I am all smiley. smile.gif

How'd you know it was me? blink.gif
I_am_the_best
QUOTE (Izzy @ Dec 31 2007, 03:10 PM) *

'cos it says your name and address on the front of the parcel. I thought you knew that...?
Izzy
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Dec 31 2007, 10:27 AM) *
QUOTE (Izzy @ Dec 31 2007, 03:10 PM) *

'cos it says your name and address on the front of the parcel. I thought you knew that...?

I got my mom to send it while I was in school, and she said she put her name on the package.

Yes, my plan to not get caught worked so well, I even got my mom to send the pressie. evil.gif
Cath Sparrow
Yes indeed Caths and Jens are badly disorganised :s
But we'll get there eventually. biggrin.gif
Kitty
I got my present! But, I got it right before I went out of town so I didn't get a chance to take a picture. Will post around the 11th!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.