Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matameet in the new year?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Daria
It is high time another Matameet comes onto the books. Only trouble is, it will be post Christmas and everyone will be skint, if we have it in January (although we managed to this year?). Also, Mata is between jobs, Cand, Ste, Cath, Moosh etc live up North and we decided after the last meet that something should be organised to do in the day (@_@ HYPNO TOAD SAYS GO-KARTS) instead of just sitting about in a pub, however fun that is.

I may or may not suggest playing Snid again, either: Cal is a bleeder!

One idea I had was to invite a load of you lovely forumites to Chez Becktukaze for food, drinks, merriment and fun in the East Laaahndaan taan. But then it won't be everyone's cup of tea, there will be cats (allergies, anyone?) and it's a bit of a faff to get to if you don't want to come far on a train (London in general). There would be accomodation, though, but you'd have to make do with sleeping on the floor/ beanbag/ sofa. NB- Even Witless could fit lengthways on our sofa. It is long biggrin.gif
There was an attempted Northern meet (at Cand and Ste's haus) but no one really had any money and the time sort of came and went again. Perhaps we could look North again and see if it would be feasible?

So Chaps and Chapeaux: Ideas! Dates you know you definitely CAN NOT do? Activities or places you would really like to go to/ explore? Should we all go on a train-trip to Amsterdam?

Over and out.
Chssshhhkt.
Mata
I'm always up for meets, but not always up with money. London ones are easier for me these days, and even mini-meets in the evening are nice (plus, going to a Sam Smiths pub really keeps the cost down).

As you rightly say, I will probably be moving early in the new year, then again, I might not. I have no idea whatsoever, so I should probably stop posting such unhelpful words in this thread. I'm going to stop typing any moment now. Here I go.
Daria
Whilst I can see him reading this thread, I will also mention that Novander is settled in Norwich and will be dragged by his ear to come to the next meet. Regardless of whether he's working biggrin.gif
(Counts for Snoosnoo too)
EDIT: Syuu and Sarahs should hopefully be over next year too. Sarahs in February, if all goes to plan- so we should definitely have a meet around the times they're about.
Calantyr
I've not been around much recently, but count me in. wink.gif

P.S: My blood is teh bestest!
Daria
QUOTE (Calantyr @ Dec 15 2007, 06:44 AM) *
I've not been around much recently, but count me in. wink.gif

P.S: My blood is teh bestest!

Too busy going to McFly gigs, huh? wink.gif
Calantyr
QUOTE (Daria @ Dec 16 2007, 05:35 PM) *
Too busy going to McFly gigs, huh? wink.gif

Lies! Lies and slander! tongue.gif
Mata
It was a secret gig by Busted, wasn't it?
Calantyr
DON'T LOOK AT ME!

*Coves his face and runs away screaming*
Cath Sparrow
As nice as it'd be to have one sooner would it be best just to aim for one in Febuary for Sarah (plus we can chuck in Mata's B'day for extra fun tongue.gif ) that way xmas skintness has time to sort it's self out (kinda) and we're not trying to scrap cash together for 2 meets.
If you wanted you could do a mini xmas meet round London or some such.
Phyllis
What Cath said! Moop and I don't particularly mind where it is, but vote for February.
Smiler
Fun fun fun, FaerieRyn and I would definitely be up for a meet as always!

January would be fine although there'd be the obvious money issues. Feb is good APART FROM THE 16th! Absolutely not the 16th if at all possible, I've got an exam to invigilate from 10-12 so would not be able to do anything useful in the day unless I meet up after 12.

As for fun day-time activities bowling was fun up in Notts and we can all do stuff together for a couple of hours. Also, Mata beat me by like 5 points and I want a re-match wink.gif
Moosh
As most other people have said, yes to a meet, no to January. I have a load of exams and other stuff happening, along with being skint after Christmas, so February sounds much better.
elphaba2
NEW YORK CITY.

THAT ONE. The meet should be THERE, I think. Well, not in the river. But next to it. Come on Team Northeast U.S!
Cath Sparrow
I have to say that would be soooo cool to do but........ sad.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'm up for a meet anywhere, any weekend... so long as I have an appropriate* amount of notice!

*[2 weeks for a London/UK meet, minimum of a year for NYC]
Smiler
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Dec 23 2007, 03:41 AM) *
NEW YORK CITY.

FaerieRyn and I may be coming over to NYC (or more accurately Wainsborough in Pen via NYC in April/Easterish. Might be able to form a mini meet then perhaps??
Izzy
What about Florida in the summer? We have beaches!
michael1384
How about Cambridge? There's a-

Uh. There's A.........

Hmm...
Daria
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Dec 24 2007, 04:20 PM) *

Uh. There's A.........

Hmm...

"River" and for ten bonus points, "punts".

*sniggers like the immature schoolgirl she isn't*
michael1384
QUOTE (Daria @ Dec 24 2007, 05:37 PM) *

Uh. There's A.........

Hmm...

Well ha ha.

There are thousands of caffes as well. A big shopping center, and- Hang on, punting at this time of year?! Are you mad???
Daria
Yes.

HA!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Dec 24 2007, 06:02 PM) *
QUOTE (Daria @ Dec 24 2007, 05:37 PM) *

Uh. There's A.........

Hmm...

Well ha ha.

There are thousands of caffes as well. A big shopping center, and- Hang on, punting at this time of year?! Are you mad???

I did about half my Christmas shopping in Cambridge and I'm sick of the place to be honest. The only reason I went in the first place is because my b/f works in Game there and it's easier to pick him up from there than to meet at his house.
Sir Psycho Sexy
I'll always suggest Tunbridge Wells. I suspect it'd be best in summer though, to take advantage of our many wonderful parks. Also, my favouritest pub runs a rock night on the last Saturday of every month. Then again, it is an hour long train ride out of Charing Cross...
There's also history 'n' shit...

I'm going to New York in march sometime...I forget the dates. Will hopefully be meeting up with a friend who recently emmigrated. smile.gif
Smiler
There are thousands of caffes as well. A big shopping center

Look, simple rule, no pubs or drinking establishments, no meet... wink.gif heehehe
Moosh
QUOTE (Smiler @ Dec 28 2007, 07:53 PM) *

Look, simple rule, no pubs or drinking establishments, no meet... wink.gif heehehe

I can reassure you on that score, I've got merrily drunk in Cambridge, at a few of the many well established pubs in the city.

I can also tell you there's at least 3 sex shops in Cambridge, and the Sainsbury's in the city centre doesn't ask for ID when you buy booze. ph34r.gif
michael1384
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Dec 28 2007, 08:14 PM) *
QUOTE (Smiler @ Dec 28 2007, 07:53 PM) *

I can reassure you on that score, I've got merrily drunk in Cambridge, at a few of the many well established pubs in the city.

I can also tell you there's at least 3 sex shops in Cambridge, and the Sainsbury's in the city centre doesn't ask for ID when you buy booze. ph34r.gif

Someone had 60 dildos delivered to their primary school from those shops.
Phyllis
Bowling!

I suck and am not as interested in a rematch as Smiler, but still had fun and would like to go again.
michael1384
QUOTE (candice @ Dec 29 2007, 11:17 AM) *
Bowling!

I suck and am not as interested in a rematch as Smiler, but still had fun and would like to go again.

There's a bowling alley near me with a bar.
Mata
Bowling? I'll only win again, you know... wink.gif
Faerieryn
Matt says

"Dem's fighting words!"

On a more personal note;

Thrash him!!!!!!!!!
Mata
I think I won by about three pins last time... In other words, it was CLEAR and DECISIVE victory biggrin.gif Rar!
Izzy
We have bowling alleys, bars, and everything you can imagine in Orlando. Come here! I'll make cookies. Coooookkkkkieeeeeeeeeessssss.
michael1384
Oh yeah? Well i'll make ultra-mega deluxe cookies!!!
Moosh
Pssh, you know you all want to come visit me.

Come to Stafford, making you feel better about your own home town since 1206!
Izzy
Michael: No sized cookies can make Cambridge a better place to visit than Orlando.

And I'd go to Stafford just because Slash is from there. smile.gif

Come to Orlando. Pwease? *does the cute little Izzy puppy dog eyes*[/color]
michael1384
Come to Cambridge. More public phone boxes than anywhere else!
Smiler
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Dec 29 2007, 05:02 PM) *
On a more personal note;
Thrash him!!!!!!!!!

See!!! Just damn mean!!!

Anywho... so, ass whomping aside... are we looking a Cambridge now??? T'is the close option than Stafford but both are viable
Izzy
No, don't go to Cambridge or Stafford. They're both lameeeee.

*Slightly cranky over the fact that there's probably never going to be a meet in Florida*

I could always hypnotize you guys. Or... What do you say to an all-expense-paid trip? Hmm? Mommy's credit card looks awfully shiny. ph34r.gif
michael1384
QUOTE (Izzy @ Dec 30 2007, 12:08 AM) *
No, don't go to Cambridge or Stafford. They're both lameeeee.

*Slightly cranky over the fact that there's probably never going to be a meet in Florida*

I could always hypnotize you guys. Or... What do you say to an all-expense-paid trip? Hmm? Mommy's credit card looks awfully shiny. ph34r.gif

Shiny isn't it? Shiney shiney shiney. I've always wanted to go to Florida. A first class flight please.
Phyllis
Hmmm. I've never been to Cambridge or Stafford. Orlando is, sadly, out of the question. We can only afford one trip to the US this year and we've already booked it.

Stafford does have the benefit of making it difficult for a certain CheeseMoose to not show up. tongue.gif And it's nearby for us, so we'd have no objections if that's what people decided on.

For Southernish meets, we'd really rather it be London than Cambridge. Going to Cambridge would double the time we'd have to spend on the train, and we'd have to change in Leicester. You would have us set foot in Leicester, michael139483948394? I am shocked at you. tongue.gif
Faerieryn
Bowling alley- Check!
Many pubs in which to drink in- Check!
Direct train line from Waterloo- Check!
Space for a maximum of five matazonians to crash on a floor?- Check!
Cookies- Check!
Bacon butties- Check!
Independent restaurants to patronise- Check!
Random students of Ryn's to scare the living $hit out of- Check!

I vote Woking!!!!!!!!

Also only 12 minutes away from Guildford and may still have a lazer quest!!
Daria
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Dec 30 2007, 12:04 PM) *
Bowling alley- Check!
Many pubs in which to drink in- Check!
Direct train line from Waterloo- Check!
Space for a maximum of five matazonians to crash on a floor?- Check!
Cookies- Check!
Bacon butties- Check!
Independent restaurants to patronise- Check!
Random students of Ryn's to scare the living $hit out of- Check!

I vote Woking!!!!!!!!

Also only 12 minutes away from Guildford and may still have a lazer quest!!

You know, Woking might not be such a bad idea... although, it'll mean that Northerners will have to go into London, then go out again. But I'm sure that's not so bad. *plots kidnapping some of them the night before, and all travelling down together*
Moosh
A meet in Stafford would be Awesome, and I'd totally come to it, but unfortunately I couldn't offer any floor space, and there isn't really a lot to do.

Woking sounds cool though.
Mata
Woking would work for me, and I could probably find a bit of floor space in my place in Guildford afterwards. Guildford is also an option - I know for sure that we have a Laser Quest smile.gif
Daria
So it looks as though it's going to be Guildford/ Woking? In February WHEN (not IF) Sarahs is over, and we shall play Laser Quest and bowling and get drunk? A Northern Meet will also have to happen, perhaps when Syuu comes over a little later in the year?
michael1384
QUOTE (candice @ Dec 30 2007, 10:27 AM) *
For Southernish meets, we'd really rather it be London than Cambridge. Going to Cambridge would double the time we'd have to spend on the train, and we'd have to change in Leicester. You would have us set foot in Leicester, michael139483948394? I am shocked at you. tongue.gif

Oh dear God! What was I thinking! Not Leicester!

There's a funny story behined my name. You see-

Ok I'll shut up.
mooooooooooopo
The Woking/Guildford idea sounds good to us as long as we have plenty of notice to get advance tickets. smile.gif Ryn and Smiler were the only kids cool enough to come to Derby, aside from snoo, so us coming to you sounds like a plan!

If it's going to be a February meet, it's my birthday on the 18th. >_>
Daria
Sarahs is a lamer and so probably isn't coming over in February.
Woking seems like a good idea either way, though.
Smiler
Hmmm, Woking is slowly becoming a fave, lovely. We could even skip between the two, Woking & Guildford, it's only a short trip and only about 3 or so (Cheaper for those lucky enough to have a young person's card).
Izzy
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Dec 30 2007, 11:52 AM) *
QUOTE (candice @ Dec 30 2007, 10:27 AM) *

Oh dear God! What was I thinking! Not Leicester!

There's a funny story behined my name. You see-

Ok I'll shut up.

Wait - don't shut up. I wanted to know. Funny stories rock. Especially when I'm slightly bored.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.