Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matameet in the new year?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Faerieryn
OMG!!!! I was only slightly teasing when I said Woking!! Although the thought of scaring some of my oh so stupid students really does appeal!

The 18th of February sounds Ok as it is the week of my half term but Matt has to invigilate an exam the saturday before (16th) Might I suggest the weekend after? the 23rd or 24th are good- we do have a stray American roaming the wilds of Woking at that point in time (from the 19th) though.
michael1384
And why are they stupid?
Mata
I suspect that she probably shouldn't answer that question.
Izzy
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Jan 1 2008, 07:29 PM) *
And why are they stupid?

It might be because students tend to call their teachers stupid, and this seemed a good place to call them stupid back.

Or you know, they may've failed one too many tests.
Mata
Hell, I was pretty stupid when I was a teenager, even (and possibly especially) when I was being smart.
Faerieryn
They are stupid cos they say things like-

Student looking at my Matazone bowling shirt: Maaataa zone. Do you work there then?

Student: Miss was that your boyfriend I saw you snogging at the bus stop the other day?
Me: No it was a random stranger
Student: Why were you snogging him then?

And other amazingly slow things. Majority of them are pretty cool actually but they will still be shocked out of their nuts to see me hanging about with friends- it scares them enough seeing me in Sainsbury's (Miss I saw you in sainsbury's the other day! And your point is...?)
Mata
Teachers aren't allowed to exist outside of schools. If they step outside the boundary then they are eaten by bears. Specially trained ones. In ninja suits.
Faerieryn
I'd like a pet bear. Ninja suit and all. Now where can I get one...?
Cath Sparrow
Might have to pull out of a meet later in Feb (not sure at the moment :s ) But I'll book a spec on Smilers and Ryn floor now anyhow tongue.gif
Faerieryn
You know you always have a floorboard with yuor name on it here Cathykins... and know because Matt is a winderful chap we do actually have floorboards rather than than the manky green carpet you experienced last time.

Plus, it being February and a bit nippy, Evie will probably not be able to find any friends to bring in for you to play with.

wink.gif Matt
Cath Sparrow
Yeh I think we can do with out Evie's friends but I think she bought it more for you to play with than me. wink.gif
Smiler
Yeah the cat loves me like that
{Gothic Angel}
I am in the totally awesome travel centre of the universe (London) and so am relatively prepared to travel for a meet. However, EVERY FAMILY BIRTHDAY EVAR is in February so I'm only free the first 2 weekends. Boo.
Faerieryn
So what are we doing then?
Ashbless
Tossing the previous, but very good sounding idea, and coming to Canada.

Er. It was worth a shot.

Go team Northwest U.S. / Southwest Canada!
Mata
Feb 23rd - Woking (with possible diversion to Guildford if people fancy Laser Quest)

How does this sound?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Why is it so hard to get a train from Norwich to Woking???

The date should be fine for me though.
Novander
You know, I booked that day off work earlier today. Sadly, for other commitments. It seems I shall not be in attendance.
Daria
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 22 2008, 10:30 PM) *
Feb 23rd - Woking (with possible diversion to Guildford if people fancy Laser Quest)

How does this sound?

I am DJing at a party in Limehouse, London, in the evening- so will either have to leave early, or drag a load of Matazonians to the party. The theme is F****ed-Up Facist Futures. I'm going to be a cyborg biggrin.gif (fancy dress is most definitely encouraged). If anyone is interested in coming, you could stay at our house- we have floor space, a couple of sleeping bags, a huge sofa and a sofa-esque beanbag to sleep on.

Other than my evening commitments, I'm in biggrin.gif
Faerieryn
Currently sounds ok although I'll have to check with Matt too! Limited floor space is available chez moi (about 5/6 depending on how cozy you want to get) be aware that we have a cat so no allergy sufferers- she gets offended easily! We have lazer quest in Woking too!! And we have some nice pubs and nice eateries
Smiler
Buggeration! The 23rd is when our friend from the states is over and it may be tight but let me work on a few things. We may be able to tie all in and be nice and happy although there will be one space less as we are putting up the above-mentioned friend.

QUOTE (snoo @ Jan 22 2008, 10:57 PM) *
Why is it so hard to get a train from Norwich to Woking???
The date should be fine for me though.

Best to look for Norwich to Waterloo (ie any london then on to Waterloo) and then from Waterloo to Woking. There're about 12 or so an hour during peak time adn not much less off-peak so getting to Woking won't be a problem. It's ofeten the first stop and only takes about 20 minutes is so (if it's the last its about 45-50 mins).
Mata
It's not set in stone, I just flicked through a couple of pages and it seemed like the least complained about date. Since Smiler and Ryn are essentially 'hosting' this one I think we need to make sure it's going to be okay for you guys. If it's really too much of a problem, what weekend is good for you?
Smiler
That weekend is fine. We will have an extra yank however. We will have minimal kip room if people are staying over though. Matt's sister and at least one other friend will be staying on the saturday. So that only leaves us with one/ two floor boards!

Sorry this is Ryn
Phyllis
Alas, the candoops cannot make the 23rd. sad.gif
Mata
Okay, so there's a general nay saying about the 23rd. What dates can people do? This is fast approaching and it would be good to get it sorted out soon!
Mata
Come on people! Let's make some decisions!

As much as I'd love to have it on Feb 29th (it's a leap year! Hooray!) that's a Friday. So, how do people feel about 1st March?
Smiler
Ryn and I definately can't do that one. I'm on a course workshop during the day then a LARP event over the Sat/Sun boundary.

Shall we say March 8th?
Mata
Okay, March 8th. How is this for everyone else?
Phyllis
The 8th of March works for us as far as I know.
Daria
Woah.. I've not even thought that far ahead yet.
The 4th is Wyt's birthday, so if we were doing anything, we'd do it on the 1st/ 2nd. So the 8th sounds good!
Smiler
Ryn has also just casually noted that it's also just before her birthday on the 11th too.

Really casually, I'm telling you, a sledge hammer'd be proud wink.gif

Okay, so we need a couple more votes/ confirmations for the 8th?
Mata
This is the last call for objections to 8th March in Woking, otherwise I'll start a new thread tomorrow for people to say they're coming.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.