Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Challenge You
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (candice @ Jan 5 2008, 03:21 PM) *
Edit: Oho. This is a possibilty for moop and I. Looks interesting, though rather touristy.

The entrance is in the Broadmarsh Centre... I've been in the gift shop but I think it's quite expensive to go in so I never did.
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (candice @ Jan 6 2008, 06:02 AM) *
Voices! I found something I want you to see for me. biggrin.gif

The Cadillac Ranch. Apparently graffiti on the cars is encouraged. Write something awesome!

Is anyone in Nebraska? They aren't, are they? No one to see Carhenge for me. sad.gif

It's funny you would choose that, actually - I've been meaning to go see it for ages.

I figure while I'm out I can also get a picture of the legs mentioned at the bottom of the article, as some smarta** has painted tubesocks on them again.
EvilSpork
Alright, I'll be doing some trespassing for everyone. I'm going to go ahead and enter the Holy Family Orphanage (abandoned, derelict, going to be torn down soonish). I figure I have to get in there at least one more time before it's gone, it's really beautiful in a haunting kind of way on the interior. I'll be blowing a few rolls on it as my final expedition into the place.

Don't worry, I'll be wearing my respirator. Asbestos is definitely not your friend smile.gif

Here she is in all her glory.
michael1384
Cool. Put up lots of photos! Try not to get arrested.

Send me somewhere!

EDIT: Just thought of big abandoned building in my village. It's going to be hard to get into though. It's on a main road.
patback87
Alright, I'll be doing some trespassing for everyone. I'm going to go ahead and enter the Holy Family Orphanage (abandoned, derelict, going to be torn down soonish). I figure I have to get in there at least one more time before it's gone, it's really beautiful in a haunting kind of way on the interior. I'll be blowing a few rolls on it as my final expedition into the place.

Don't worry, I'll be wearing my respirator. Asbestos is definitely not your friend

Sounds cool, what area are you in, because I ubran explore too, well if your ever in Chicago I'd be welcome to show you a few sights. Althogh it's been a tough 12 months for abanonments in Chicago we've lost several to the wrecking ball. By the way asbestos is our friend, it's good at stopping fires, lol, oh except for that pesky health risk.
EvilSpork
Well, I've been doing some research on the orphanage. I've been in there before, but I never had a camera along because it was never a pre-planned trip. The city recently repo'd the building. Turns out they've put up motion sensors. Unless I can get around those pesky things, it looks like that's out.

Regardless, I've got a few pictures of buildings near my own house and a few abandoned train cars in the woods. I'll try to throw those up here as soon as I get them back (should be today actually, heh).
LoLo
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Jan 2 2008, 04:33 PM) *
^ A bit like when someone (I'm so sorry, I cannot remember who) documented their day in pictures? That would be nice.

I would be interested in this too. Living near London, there is always more to discover!

I think this is what you were thinking of.

I personally would like to see the world's largest frying pan , but it's in North Carolina and I'm not sure if anyone is near there.
elphaba2
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Jan 6 2008, 06:27 PM) *
Well, I've been doing some research on the orphanage. I've been in there before, but I never had a camera along because it was never a pre-planned trip. The city recently repo'd the building. Turns out they've put up motion sensors. Unless I can get around those pesky things, it looks like that's out.

Regardless, I've got a few pictures of buildings near my own house and a few abandoned train cars in the woods. I'll try to throw those up here as soon as I get them back (should be today actually, heh).

Yay, that is cool. Also---use a sheet. Hold a sheet over your head (tightly) and the motion detectors cannot see you. Also, you could walk mad slow. They can be defeated, those motion things. However, if you don't know where they are in the first place: no good. I suppose I am just very interested in seeing a dead orphanage.

When it is warmer, I'm hitting all the freaky parts of a nature preserve near me--there's a clearing full of barbies in various states of decay and destruction, hanging from the trees, there's a voodoo cave full of candles and bones, there's all kinds of creepy stuff. An abandoned cabin that I was boosted into when I was ten, which has since been completely boarded up. Too bad. I think if I could get into my school's tower, that would be swell. Argh. Anyone have any NY ideas?
LoLo
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Jan 6 2008, 03:54 PM) *
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Jan 6 2008, 06:27 PM) *

Yay, that is cool. Also---use a sheet. Hold a sheet over your head (tightly) and the motion detectors cannot see you. Also, you could walk mad slow. They can be defeated, those motion things. However, if you don't know where they are in the first place: no good. I suppose I am just very interested in seeing a dead orphanage.

When it is warmer, I'm hitting all the freaky parts of a nature preserve near me--there's a clearing full of barbies in various states of decay and destruction, hanging from the trees, there's a voodoo cave full of candles and bones, there's all kinds of creepy stuff. An abandoned cabin that I was boosted into when I was ten, which has since been completely boarded up. Too bad. I think if I could get into my school's tower, that would be swell. Argh. Anyone have any NY ideas?

A bum in central park with a sign written on a cardboard box saying something about the end of the world.
EvilSpork
Well, about moving slow... If these are the infra-red detectors, which I assume they would be, slow movement does no good. I've been researching the general scheme of placing motion sensors and from what I've read a good amount of buildings put them only on the first floor. I know of a window into the second or third floor that the boarding has been knocked out of, I think I can possibly get my grappling hook up there and hope that the motion sensors are only in the first floor.

I've been hearing that most people that have tried to enter had cops show up within five minutes of being in the building. No good. Once I have my car back I'm going to go scope it out and see what I can find out, maybe I'll go there in the wee hours of the morning when it's still dark and stay the whole day, exit when it's dark again (if I can figure out where some of the motion sensors are). I just hope it's possible to get in, I love the interior of the place and it has so many photo possibilities.

I missed the one hour by 20 minutes! 20! And so, I'll have photos of the train cars and abandoned buildings I explored today on Thursday.

Sounds cool, what area are you in, because I ubran explore too, well if your ever in Chicago I'd be welcome to show you a few sights. Althogh it's been a tough 12 months for abanonments in Chicago we've lost several to the wrecking ball. By the way asbestos is our friend, it's good at stopping fires, lol, oh except for that pesky health risk.

I'm in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Do you do any draining? Or maybe abandoned underground stuff of any type? If I'm ever in Chicago that'd be something I'd be interested in.

EDIT:

I found something not so questionable when it comes to the legal aspect. Lakenland! It completely slipped my mind. This fellow here does junkyard art and he started running out of space. Anyway, he bought some acreage and opened a free sculpture garden.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tips/getAtt...actionNo==11070
gothictheysay
dude, I want to go to New York and visit you and do stuff with you, elphaba. I'm 3 hours away from NYC, an hour from Albany. Now the biggest problem would be my dad letting me go... hmm...
elphaba2
That would probably be an annoying conversation, yeah. If you can get down, that would be bananas. It would be a blast.

LoLo--how about another park? I'm gonna be around 50 blocks south of Central Park weekend after next and I'd been planning to cruise around that area. I will find your homeless man and pose with him. Challenge accepted.
patback87
I'm in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Do you do any draining? Or maybe abandoned underground stuff of any type? If I'm ever in Chicago that'd be something I'd be interested in.

I don't do draining, I primarily explore abandoments, factories, offices, hospitals, schools, etc. Do you ever go down to Detroit, several people that I explore with either explore there or are from Michigan. So remember my saying it's been a tough 12 months for abandonments in Chicago, well it's not getting better. The former Brach's candy factory which is one the coolest recent sites I have been exploring has been sold and is to be torn down and turned into a distrubution center. Although in reality it's good news for the neighborhood it's in.

No ompa lumpas though, just scrappers and homeless people.
LoLo
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Jan 6 2008, 07:14 PM) *
That would probably be an annoying conversation, yeah. If you can get down, that would be bananas. It would be a blast.

LoLo--how about another park? I'm gonna be around 50 blocks south of Central Park weekend after next and I'd been planning to cruise around that area. I will find your homeless man and pose with him. Challenge accepted.

Sounds good to me. Can you try and find one with an end of the world sign? If not that's cool too. I just like homeless people with end of the world signs. We have this one guy in our town who yells about the end of the world, corrupt banks, etc. The only time I haven't found him entertaining was when he called me the fat lady who had sung. Yeah I'm rambling now.

Until school starts for me I have time to take on a challenge. I live in Northern California near Sacramento. I can't think of anything interesting other than it's the state capital, but no that doesn't mean I can get near Arnold.
I_am_the_best
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jan 7 2008, 12:01 AM) *
A bum in central park with a sign written on a cardboard box saying something about the end of the world.

I saw in Upsala (Sweden) a man with a sign saying 'Ninjas killed my mother, need money for kung fu lessons', although I believe that this has become quite famous already from the internet.
EvilSpork
QUOTE (patback87 @ Jan 6 2008, 10:47 PM) *
I don't do draining, I primarily explore abandoments, factories, offices, hospitals, schools, etc.

Well, honestly, I don't blame you. Draining sounds pretty sketchy to me, but I'd like to give it a go at least once. I can't imagine it'd go to well where I'm at though. Not much under our city, I can't imagine. Plus it'd be a terrible idea this time of year with snow melt and whatnot. That and the potential for gases bothers me. Regardless, I wouldn't mind going on that front with somebody who has experience.

I've gotten some input, none definitively, on the orphanage. I've got people saying that it seems a bit ridiculous, which I can understand. Our city doesn't exactly have very good funding so I can't see them putting too many in there. At the same time, I think if they have put them up chances are it's not going to be throughout the entire building - who expects somebody to enter at the second or third level? Either way, I'm going to keep my ears open and scope it out for myself. Right now I'm thinking I'll toss my grappling hook up to the second or third level and go headlong in. While it's dark out of course.

Somebody in the UK - I remember hearing tell from one of the Mata meets that there was a store named The Otherside. I want somebody to visit, buy merchandise, take photos and tell us of your adventure! I can't recall where it was or what meet it was from, but I remember seeing a picture from the exterior. If I recall nobody went any further than that! I'll have to do some digging and see if I can't find it.

London - The London Eye. I want a picture from the top. tongue.gif

Yeah, I don't know anything else to suggest for you guys.

Also, as for the States go.

New York - Go to St. Patrick's Cathedral, I'd like to see some pictures. Also, I want pictures of some bums, yes that sounds kind of terrible, but there's a sickening beauty about seeing people in distress. It heightens our sense of other people's strife and there's something I really like about that.

Texas - River Walk. It seems spiffy to me.

Ohio - Cleveland's West Side Market seems like it'd be interesting to visit, why not do that for me?

Nevada - Red Rock Canyon, baby! I want to see something pretty and geological.
Daria
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Jan 7 2008, 09:32 AM) *
Somebody in the UK - I remember hearing tell from one of the Mata meets that there was a store named The Otherside. I want somebody to visit, buy merchandise, take photos and tell us of your adventure! I can't recall where it was or what meet it was from, but I remember seeing a picture from the exterior. If I recall nobody went any further than that! I'll have to do some digging and see if I can't find it.

I would like to accept the challenge of the London Eye. I have wanted to go for ages, but what with the queues and the 15 price tag, I have always been put off.

I have been to The Otherside coffee shop in Amsterdam, if it's of any value? It was over priced, snooty (coffee shops can be snooty?! Why yes they can) and! THEY DIDN'T. SERVE. CHOCOMEL! mad.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Jan 7 2008, 01:32 AM) *
QUOTE (patback87 @ Jan 6 2008, 10:47 PM) *

I know I'm not a local but these are from my visit last year.

and a bonus to see how big it is a view from the bottom

Phyllis
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Jan 7 2008, 09:32 AM) *

If I'm thinking of the same one, it wasn't The Otherside, it was Mata something or other. Mata Software? Something like that. I am pretty sure it was in Nottingham.

Oho! I found it. Clicky. They provide IT training, though, so they don't have any physical products to buy. If they did, I'd go because Nottingham is close and I go there every other month anyway.
EvilSpork
QUOTE (candice @ Jan 7 2008, 01:07 PM) *
If I'm thinking of the same one, it wasn't The Otherside, it was Mata something or other. Mata Software? Something like that. I am pretty sure it was in Nottingham.

Oho! I found it. Clicky. They provide IT training, though, so they don't have any physical products to buy. If they did, I'd go because Nottingham is close and I go there every other month anyway.

I do recall that being mentioned as well, but I remember seeing a picture of The Otherside, I think it was a shop that had physical goods of some type. I'll have to do some digging for myself!
EvilSpork
The Other Side, Froggy found it. It's an Italian place in King's Cross. So, some people should go and eats there!

The one I actually initially remembered was the one Mr. Teapot found, the Other Side gay coffee house in Amsterdam.
Daria
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Jan 9 2008, 03:41 AM) *
The one I actually initially remembered was the one Mr. Teapot found, the Other Side gay coffee house in Amsterdam.

See above laugh.gif (btw, it totally wasn't gay)
EvilSpork
QUOTE (Daria @ Jan 9 2008, 05:45 AM) *
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Jan 9 2008, 03:41 AM) *

See above laugh.gif (btw, it totally wasn't gay)

Yeah, yeah, I saw your post, biggrin.gif just saying that is in fact the one I initially remembered.

Now I'm saying go eat Italiany food in Kings Cross.

Anyway, (sub)urban exploring adventures near my house, I only managed to get into one of the abandonments I visited, which was a box car with a big hole in one end. I apologize, some are a bit blurry, pretty much all my shutter speeds were 1/4 or 1/2 second and I didn't bring a tripod along.

The road I was near was Mangum road, and this image can start the adventure. It wasn't actually the first one I took, however.

Something about toilets and abandonments is common, I don't really understand why, really.

Directly above the toilets I found these.

Approaching the train cars, this is a picture of the wheels on the caboose which was locked, when I found that I was terribly upset. Hopefully I can go back with a roll of color film as the flaking paint on the side of the caboose was such an array of contrasting colors and looked very interesting.

Entering the hacked open box car.

Inside.

Leaving the scene. I was almost caught here as this was near a drive way. I pulled some ninja moves into the trees as a vehicle pulled down the long winding driveway. I was unspotted and invisible.

I could have entered this structure, but it was already half collapsed and I didn't feel comfortable with that.

My trip came to an end. An unrelated photo of a dead squirrel in the street near campus. I'm saying the trip was a dead squirrel, yes.

If anybody wants something larger than those, I can link ye.

PS: Thank you Elphaba, this thread put me back into some lost hobbies. I am extremely glad you posted this smile.gif.
Mata
How strange:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22emory+...lient=firefox-a
Your search - "emory dorow" - did not match any documents.

I wonder what that once meant to someone.

I'm going to pretend that the squirrel was asleep. Wake up Mr Squirrel, it's time for your nuts!
elphaba2
I walked home the other day and found two very decayed dead squirrels. There was one sitting outside my school for 4 weeks once. I suppose they are not high priority as far as roadkill.

Spoon, I'm glad you like this thread. I like your pictures a lot.

I realize that this doesn't contribute much to the conversation at all, but I like that Quaker idea of being Moved to Speak, so I'm speaking.
Daria
I have a piece of artwork that is a stamp of a dead toad. I bought it for 3 at an auction of anonymous art. The guy found the toad squished on the road, scraped it off, and has done a series of prints and work using it like you would a stamp.
michael1384
What's urban exploring?
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Jan 11 2008, 11:04 PM) *
What's urban exploring?

Click any link on this page. tongue.gif
elphaba2
/puts "Invisible Frontier" on library hold list

/considers poking around abandoned factory at nearby waterfront
patback87
Just heads up if you go to UE Forums avoid UER (Urban Explorering Resource) you don't want to get involved in the crowd on there. They like to take the exploring out of Urban Explorering, they usually tell you exact adresses and how to get in, plus I'm sure the cops watch that forum.
EvilSpork
QUOTE (patback87 @ Jan 12 2008, 12:27 AM) *
Just heads up if you go to UE Forums avoid UER (Urban Explorering Resource) you don't want to get involved in the crowd on there. They like to take the exploring out of Urban Explorering, they usually tell you exact adresses and how to get in, plus I'm sure the cops watch that forum.

Agreed. Don't trust the internet as a primary resource. Do some research at a local library, talk to people in city offices like city planners, architects, whatever information you can gather on a local level. It's for a class project. Talk to friends, people you trust who know the city, but don't inform the world of your plans (I know, I broke that rule, but my city police browsing Matazone? I'd like to see the day!)

I am NOT CONDONING TRESPASSING. If you don't want to end up in cuffs, the back of a squad car, with fines or jail time, don't tread - it's a friendly warning. It's not your property, you aren't supposed to be there. Really, I can't stress enough that it's illegal. It's not wrong, but it is illegal. Your camera is your friend, it provides a reason why you were there. Crow bars and anything else that can be interpreted as burglary tools are not your friend. A camera is not immunity, you are still trespassing and in any case there's a high chance it won't get you out of anything. Take your own risks, make your own choices, don't do anything stupid and use your head. Just remember to take only photographs and leave only foot prints if you are on property that you have no legal right to be on. Vandalism will have you worse off than just being there as will having anything incriminating such as lock picks (which legally you can't have anyway unless you are a lock smith) or anything that could be seen as suspicious (as if you being on somebody else's property isn't bad enough.)

As far as Michigan law goes: (2) A person who violates subsection (1) is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than 30 days or by a fine of not more than $250.00, or both.

It's nothing to scoff at. It's a pretty decent fine, though I highly doubt you'd get the full deal unless somebody is having a bad day.

QUOTE (Daria @ Jan 11 2008, 05:35 AM) *
I have a piece of artwork that is a stamp of a dead toad. I bought it for 3 at an auction of anonymous art. The guy found the toad squished on the road, scraped it off, and has done a series of prints and work using it like you would a stamp.

I'm totally baffled. I don't know if I should be amused, creeped out, or disgusted. Possibly all of the above. Can I see it? tongue.gif
voices_in_my_head
Okay, I went!

It was super fun. Here's the photoalbum of it.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v605/spi...dillac%20Ranch/

My fellow expedition-ers were my friends Molly, Brittney, Brenna, David, Andrew, and DJ. I Spraypainted "FOR THE BRITS" on the top of a car, but that picture didn't turn out. sad.gif

Notes:
As I said under one picture, if you spun the tires that were still sticking out of the ground, the one oppisite it would spin the oppisite direction, so that if the car were to somehow be driven today, it would be immobile.

There were empty spray paint cans everywhere and occasionally you'd get lucky and find a half full one. smile.gif

The pasture where they're located was actually right next to a highway, but no one really cares about you ruining the property, in fact, the owner (Stanley Marsh) is known to encourage it. As we walked towards the cars, we had a fellow vistor shout to us "ohh! You guys came prepared!" since we had about 10 cans of paint with us...

My only other thing I noticed was that the cars are located in a planting field. There are bald spots of land where the cars stand (and a bit around them) and a space where you can walk up to them, but besides that, Marsh still uses the land to grow crops.

PS...the only bit of the cars not painted was some parts on the inside of the tires. Everything else (and I mean EVERYTHING) was covered in layers and layers of graffiti. 'twas a very colorful place, with some of the visitors using metallic paint, some using florescent colors, and others even using glow-in-the-dark paint.

Totally worth the long drive. smile.gif

Challenge Accomplished
Phyllis
Yay voices! biggrin.gif Those pictures are awesome.
mooooooooooopo
Nice pictures. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jan 13 2008, 06:51 AM) *
Notes:
As I said under one picture, if you spun the tires that were still sticking out of the ground, the one oppisite it would spin the oppisite direction, so that if the car were to somehow be driven today, it would be immobile.

This bit isn't quite true though, it's how the differential in a car works. It allows the inner wheel to turn slower than the outer wheel when you go around a corner. It's also why if you're stuck in a ditch or something the wheel that's off the ground will spin like crazy and the one touching the ground won't move.
Daria
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Jan 12 2008, 06:47 AM) *
[sage advice]

I'm totally baffled. I don't know if I should be amused, creeped out, or disgusted. Possibly all of the above. Can I see it? tongue.gif

I would take a picture of it, but it's still at my parents' house in the coun'ry side. I'll take pictures of it when I get it.
Voices, that place looks really cool!
elphaba2
First and foremost,

I found one! It was twelve degrees today, so all the homeless were in hiding, but I found this crazy lady and snuck up behind to take a photo. She told me that everyone was going to die in sixteen days.

You can see the rest of today's adventure (or at least those parts which I took pictures of), here. They're in backwards order, so start at the last one.
patback87
Good job. You know I think the homeless in Chicago are worse when it comes to asking for money, they are persistant and are never happy if you give them food, because that's not what they wanted. Also there's always people trying to hussle, like these kids who have to be like 13 years old. Like today I was getting lunch and this damn kid was trying to hussle me, just cause you got this sheet for your "basketball" team doesn't make you legit of course they got in the same elevator as me and pissed off this old guy that was in the elevator and he chased after them threatening to kick their ass, which made my day. Those stupid kids come into to Niketown all the time too, they got kicked out like three days in a row last weekend. Anyway your pictures make me ready for my next trip to NYC in March, lol. Oh yea I forgot to mention I saw them putting those mosaics in the Times Square station, I think they look really cool.
Daria
I gave a bagel to a guy begging in the street, on Saturday. He looked genuinely grateful and thanked me for it, and wished me a good evening. It was really humbling, and made me wish that I could do more for homeless people in my area. (I haven't actually seen any homeless people in my immediate area- only those closer in to the city centre.)
gothictheysay
Ooh, pretty pictures elphaba! biggrin.gif
elphaba2
Thanks, team.

Also, I found another thing for NYC--I'll probably wind up doing it, but it's open to anybody who's interested and available. Parrots in Brooklyn. Whoda thunk?
LoLo
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Jan 20 2008, 05:46 PM) *
First and foremost,

I found one! It was twelve degrees today, so all the homeless were in hiding, but I found this crazy lady and snuck up behind to take a photo. She told me that everyone was going to die in sixteen days.

You can see the rest of today's adventure (or at least those parts which I took pictures of), here. They're in backwards order, so start at the last one.

That is the awesome! That sign is really nicely done. I'm used to torn up cardboard with things written in felt tip pen.

In San Fran there is this guy who is famous for his begging skills. He hides behind stuff and jumps out in front of people. If you scream you're supposed to give him money, if not then it's cool for you to go on your way. He's made some of my friends scream, but I've never managed to find him.

Anyway we don't seem to get the high class crazy who can have nicely typeset signs.
michael1384
There's a guy in London who walks up and down oxford street with a sandwich board that says "The end is nigh!"
Daria
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Jan 24 2008, 05:17 PM) *
There's a guy in London who walks up and down oxford street with a sandwich board that says "The end is nigh!"

There are MANY guys in London who walk up and down with a sandwich board biggrin.gif My favourite is the guy who hangs outside of Camden underground station with a microphone as well.
Eli
QUOTE (Izzy @ Jan 4 2008, 12:46 PM) *
QUOTE (Daria @ Jan 4 2008, 11:48 AM) *

QUOTE (candice @ Jan 4 2008, 03:07 PM) *

No, neither of those places, Izzy. Hmm. Go somewhere that most tourists don't know about, but is awesome.

Alternatively, if you can't think of anywhere like that...wear a funny hat and try to get 5 stereotypical looking tourists to take a photo with you. Bonus points for socks with sandals and Gilligan hats!

Sorry, the only things I think of when I think of Florida are silly looking tourists.... biggrin.gif I don't see many where I live...all the goofy American tourists tend to go to London.

dry.gif Yeah. Thanks.
You know, Spanish tourists are the worst.

Can't stand Spanish tourists that ask for directions... in Spanish.

I'll try to do both! My mom works tomorrow, so I'll call up Eli and see if he wants to come.

Heh, yea thanks for actually "calling" me about that. I guess I'll go. It's not like we have anything better to do anyways; unless you want to like burn your sink or mine...again. HEY, maybe we could take pictures of the tourists burning things inside your sink!
SPEAKERfortheLOST
QUOTE (Eli @ Jan 24 2008, 07:28 PM) *

No, neither of those places, Izzy. Hmm. Go somewhere that most tourists don't know about, but is awesome.

Alternatively, if you can't think of anywhere like that...wear a funny hat and try to get 5 stereotypical looking tourists to take a photo with you. Bonus points for socks with sandals and Gilligan hats!

Sorry, the only things I think of when I think of Florida are silly looking tourists.... biggrin.gif I don't see many where I live...all the goofy American tourists tend to go to London.

dry.gif Yeah. Thanks.

I'll try to do both! My mom works tomorrow, so I'll call up Eli and see if he wants to come.

Heh, yea thanks for actually "calling" me about that. I guess I'll go. It's not like we have anything better to do anyways; unless you want to like burn your sink or mine...again. HEY, maybe we could take pictures of the tourists burning things inside your sink!

Well you do realize as it is called tourist season for a reason right?

Like putting them in the sink and burning them. Ya thats it.
patback87
QUOTE (Daria @ Jan 13 2008, 09:09 AM) *
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Jan 12 2008, 06:47 AM) *

[sage advice]

I would take a picture of it, but it's still at my parents' house in the coun'ry side. I'll take pictures of it when I get it.
Voices, that place looks really cool!

Wait is that in the Times Square station, because I always see those people there, there's that lady and then across the way are these people with music all these religous pamphlets, lol.
Eli

dry.gif Yeah. Thanks.

It was only a suggestion. It's not like I'd actually burn a tourist on purpose. Now, if they "accidently" just happen to fall into the burning sink of their own free will, well then that's thier problem. *nervous laughter* I wouldn't even think of doing that...well unless you count my earlier post and this one too, but besides that never.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Soooo... I think I've persuaded Paul into going to the Dinosaur Adventure place this weekend, we'll see if we actually get there... and if I remember my camera!
Phyllis
I challenge you all to stop using so many nested quotes!

biggrin.gif wub.gif

I'm joking, really.

snoo -- I am weirdly tempted to challenge you to lick a T-Rex for me. I think my mind has somehow turned this thread into an all-dare version of Truth or Dare.

I am now going to go to the magical land that is Sainsbury's, but I'm pretty sure no one wants photos of that.
Izzy

I called. You just never called back.

We're going tomorrow! My hat's all cool and colorful, Eli still has to make his.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.