Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Birthday Thread 2008
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Industrial Kybosh
Have a good'un, patback! Do something that I wouldn't. It is your 21st after all.
Cath Sparrow
Oooo! Happy 21st have a good one (it's in the rules you know) biggrin.gif
leopold
I'm a bit early with this one, but I'm not going to get chance before the day...

Happy 21st Birthday for Sunday, Syuu!

Hope you have a spectacularly great day, honey.

/massive great big pre-Birthday hugs for Syuu
Pikasyuu
THANK YOU LEO. biggrin.gif
It's probably among my top two presents that I've spoken to you so much in the last month.

/me hugs lots
Industrial Kybosh
And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

True as it ever was since the old days of the much-misguided song dedication thread.

Congrats on turning 21, syuu. You've been a great friend these past 5+ years, and I'm delighted to have known you. Now go get yourself good and drunk on cockbaskets and grumpy snotrags. Can't use the beer token, though - that's only valid at Kybosh-endorsed boozeries.

*massive huggles and a sneaky bite*
Cath Sparrow
HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY SYUU! *does mod pant dance for Syuu*
Phyllis
Happy birthday Katii!
Moosh
Happy Birthday Syuupants!
LoLo
Happy birthday Syuu!

Have a shot of tequila, it's a birthday tradition!
Industrial Kybosh
That's never big enough for syuu. Unless that's a slice of canteloupe and not lime on the side...
LoLo
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jun 15 2008, 08:25 AM) *
That's never big enough for syuu. Unless that's a slice of canteloupe and not lime on the side...

I didn't say she had to stop at the one shot. haha
Industrial Kybosh
Touche. Line 'em up!
Izzy
Happy Birthday Syuu!
patback87
Thank you guys, lol. Sorry I have been busy with school and this weekend celebrating, I celebrated to hard on Thursday, lol and paid for it all day Friday.
elphaba2
happy birthday, syuu! you are turning old*! how cool!

*didn't look at the parenthesized numbers

I hope your day was highly rad though--with cake and alcohol and friends and nudity if that is the sort of birthday party that you like best.
gothictheysay
happy birthday katii! InKy stole what I was going to do, so you may just have my undying love. <3 congrats on legal drinking age. biggrin.gif
voices_in_my_head
Happy (late...) birthday, Syuu. smile.gif
froggle-rock
happy birthday syuu
Pikasyuu
Yay! Thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes - I had a good one, with apple martinis, cranberry martinis, margaritas, smirnoff, vanilla vodka, and a couple of other ones crammed into that twenty four hours.

That, and the best friends anyone could ask for. smile.gif
leopold
What? No tequila slammers? No cockbaskets?

ohmy.gif

Glad you had a great time though. And for what it's worth, I think it's highly unlikely that anyone other than Inky and a few close friends actually know what a cockbasket is. I thought he may have nabbed it from "Withnail and I" but on watching it I only caught the references to ice in the cider and quadruple whiskies. And lighter fluid.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (leopold @ Jun 19 2008, 10:21 AM) *
And for what it's worth, I think it's highly unlikely that anyone other than Inky and a few close friends actually know what a cockbasket is.

Regular iRC users from back in the day should remember one of Dayan's 'I've got this booze and these mixers - what can I make?' nights wherin he mixed gin with Pepsi Max. He made the drink and I, given that I'd had a few myself, gave it its moniker. Best enjoyed with evil bread.

The grumpy snotrag, however, is a purely conceptual beverage, made from vodka and Kleenex.

No lighter fluid necessary. wink.gif
Pikasyuu
Newp, no cockbaskets - by the middle of the day, my belly was already on fire, and the idea of gin scared me .. a lot.
I will probably have a few the next time I get my hands on money, though.

and HAHA, InKy, that's the BEST way to describe those nights. *high five*
leopold
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jun 19 2008, 12:33 PM) *
Regular iRC users from back in the day should remember one of Dayan's 'I've got this booze and these mixers - what can I make?' nights wherin he mixed gin with Pepsi Max. He made the drink and I, given that I'd had a few myself, gave it its moniker. Best enjoyed with evil bread.
As an irregular user of iRC in times past, I missed that particular conversation, but it does bring back a hazy memory from waaaay back when...

/Wibbly visual effects, like time travel

Way back when I was about 17, I went to this 21st bash. Towards the end of the night I decided I wasn't drunk enough, so I went on a booze hunt; after much searching the only things I could turn up was a half full bottle of gin and a bottle of Diet Coke - which in some respects is the spiritual predecessor of Pepsi Max. The only clean(ish) glass I could find was an old dimpled pint pot. Three pints of gin and DC later, I had absolutely no idea where I was or what the flip I was doing there.

I've not been able to stomach gin or DC ever since.

So, Syuu, in respect of your stomachly status on the day, steering clear of this evilness was a good idea.
Industrial Kybosh
*returns the five*

I still have a cockbasket every now and then. It's great to order it in a pub.

"Gin and... what was that again?"

Heh heh. It's worth all the funny looks for the memories, and an oddly palatable drink.
Pikasyuu
Happy beefday, Mr. Fuzzy!
Industrial Kybosh
Birthday, Fuzzra! I hope you're hairy, happy and half-cut, wherever you may be.
Moosh
Happy Birthday Becky!
have a good one smile.gif
gothictheysay
HAPPY BIRFDAY BECKERS

IT IS STILL ONLY 11.43 HERE BUT HAPPY BIRFDAYS ANYWAYS
Pikasyuu
THIRDED.
I larf you, Becky. You're one of the best things that came out of coming into iRC again - I'm so happy to have gotten to actually meet you. You keep me company in the late AM!
Industrial Kybosh
Fourthed.

Happy birthdays to my new and wonderful Media forum sparring partner. Your bright and shiny mix CD will be in the post of a soonness. I hope you enjoy, but if you don't, you've no-one to blame but yourself. tongue.gif
Izzy
Fifteded. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!!!
Raven-Mad
QUOTE (Izzy @ Jul 2 2008, 01:55 PM) *
Fifteded. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!!!

Happy Birthday Becky
Calantyr
Hippily Bibbily the Becky. smile.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Happy Birthday Becky!

<3
elphaba2
Waugh, this is what I get for being in a car for eleven hours. Happy birthday Becky!
LoLo
Happy birthday Becky!
Pikasyuu
Happy birthday, Chels! I hope you have a great one!
Daria
Thank you everyone : D
And happy birthday Chelsey!
Cath Sparrow
Happy Birthday Becky already have an idea you had a good one. biggrin.gif
Moosh
Happy Birthday Chels!
Izzy
Happy birthday Chels!
gothictheysay
hoppy bday chelseyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
froggle-rock
Becky, Leonard Cohen told me to tell you happy bifday. Thanks for a great week of bifdayness

Happy Birthday, Chelsey wink.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Birthday wishes for crazymat right here.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
thanks Inky biggrin.gif
Daria
Happy birthday Crazy!
Izzy
Happy birthday crazymat!!
Moosh
Happy Birthday snoosasaur!

Have a grand one!
LoLo
Happy birthday Snoo.
gothictheysay
Happy birthday Snoo! I should send you something... I meant to ages ago... I love you so much and I can't wait until I can finally visit all you guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.