Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The forums are very nearly five years old!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
On the 22nd of Feb 2008 these forums will have been running for five years! Blimey!

I just thought I'd point that out.
Moosh
Wow, that's quite amazing.

Excellent work sir.
Kitty
I remember when you first told me you made a forum for matazone and suggested that I join, and I just wasn't interested! tongue.gif I think I joined right before I started high school and it became a great way to spend boring class hours! biggrin.gif

edit: apparently I joined a year before I thought I did.... I have no recollection of it =(

Congrats to Year Five!
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
ohmy.gif
5 years is pretty much forever!

I don't think I was here from the beginning but when I joined up there were only 2 mittens animations! and the first Mr Snaffleburger one I think?
gothictheysay
Holy moly! I joined on February 22nd. Of 2004? No way. No WAY has it been four years. Congrats! And wow!
Phyllis
Wow! That's awesome! biggrin.gif

Yay Mata! I never would've thought when I joined that posting here would lead to me immigrating to the UK. I'm pretty glad that you've kept this place around for so long. smile.gif
Izzy
5 years. That's awesome. Aim for 100. smile.gif
Calantyr
We rule.

Especially me, even though I only drop by rarely these days. Rar!

Happy birthday forumy goodness!
Witless
It's odd this post is about as I pass through. I recently had a thought which goes along the lines of:
"How cool would it be if when I reach the end of my days the matazone is still going with newer and newer generations of Matazonians"
Then today I see the Matazone's 5th birthday is on the way. How cool.
Mata
I sincerely doubt that Matazone as a domain will ever vanish while I've still got a heart beating in me, but I also have no idea what it may become in decades time, or even if this kind of website would even have a place in the new technology that will be around.
vicrawr
This forum has done a lot of good for a lot of people. It's been a five great years.
Cath Sparrow
That makes it around 4 1/2 years I've been lurking round this place. wacko.gif
Well I dont regret it for a minute. Not in the slightest. There's so much I would have missed out on if I hadn't and I want to thank you all for that. and Mata *uberhugs*
Smiler
Wow, that is just... wow.

I was such a young'un when I started ... okay maybe not but it's been running for a fifth of my current lifespan and I aint goin' nowhere either ;o)

It feels that I've been on for much longer than I have which is weird but I just suppose that's because yo're all so darn groovy. Here's to many more years matazonianing and many more meets with arguably the net's coolest bunch of bods biggrin.gif
voices_in_my_head
Wow. Was in seventh grade when I joined. Extremely weird to think about.

Go Mata! biggrin.gif
Pikasyuu
Congrats, Mata. Yup, I was fifteen when I joined, such a long-short time ago.
If anything, this place is an interesting archive to see how people have grown up and what changes they've been through, much like the site itself.
MisterJ
Cool! Good going!
I know I haven't been one to post very much but I've still gained alot from this forum by reading everybody's wonderful advice and tips and I'm amazed about some of the help some people have got on this forum.

It always makes me feel as though I have a shoulder to lean on if life looks like its starting to circle the drain. Anyway...
Daria
QUOTE (IrishGuy @ Feb 15 2008, 05:52 AM) *
This forum has done a lot of good for a lot of people. It's been five great years.

I really couldn't agree more smile.gif I've found some wonderful friends, help and advice from these forums and I would be so lost without all three.
Mata
Saving the advent of the apocalypse (not very likely) or the complete inability to run electrical devices due to an energy crisis (probable), I fully intend that any of you will be able to type 'matazone' into your Googlebrain in decades' time and it will still be here to welcome you all... Although hopefully you'll stick around during that time and we can call grow old disgracefully together.
LoLo
Mata
Aww, thanks! *munches on behalf of the forums*
{Gothic Angel}
I suddenly feel like much less of a noob tongue.gif

I shall eat cake on Friday in the forum's honour happy.gif
patback87
I've been on here for nearly 3 years, if some of you remember I joined out of an odd situation, when I found that one of your members at the time had stolen my photos and posted them under his name, but everything happens for a reason, who knows if I would be on here today. Well Happy 5th Birthday Matazone!
spiffilicious05
Wow, I know I don't post on here that regularly anymore but that's incredible! I can't believe how long its been around... smile.gif It's a very good thing though!!!
michael1384
Wooooo! Where are the party poppers?
Mata
*pop* *poppity pop* *streamers*
michael1384
Who wants cake!
Mata
Now there's a silly question if ever I've heard one.
gothictheysay
the cake is a lie!

/spam
vicrawr
Does all this make anyone else feel old? Or is it just me?
Mata
I think it's my age that makes me feel old, but the forums being five years old probably helps.
voices_in_my_head
Nah, it actually kinda makes me feel old, too. And I'm only 15 so.

But it's kinda weird to think that when I first joined I was 12. Maybe "old" isn't the right word, but just "older".

Meh, I'm rambling again.
Izzy
Yeah, I was in 5th grade when I joined. That seems really little all of a sudden.

I don't really feel old, just... non-little.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Phucking hell!

Little did I realise when I oh-so-wisely chose my forum name a little under 5 years ago, that it'd still be around after this long for me to wonder quite what I was thinking...
Mata
MWHAHAHAHA!

Matazone - where your mistakes come back to haunt you!

(I could change it to SPS for you if you like? Most people abbreviate it anyway.)
voices_in_my_head
Hah. And my name was choosen when I thought I would sound original and witty by using it. biggrin.gif good times, good times.

And yeah. Let's not get started on looking back at old post I've made. Immaturity perserved. Great. tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
Nono! Mata you have to change it to Spuss if your going to change it for him. tongue.gif
Oh the joy of being unclever with my nickname. tongue.gif
elphaba2
Eesh, I was so annoying and little and nervous when I joined and I am now less little. I grew an inch and a half. I tower. I am so ancient and so tall!

Well. Not really. But it's pretty cool to me that I got to hang around here for three and a half years and find out how other people think in the UK or the Midwest or Australia and stuff. Big ups to Mata for making that happen--and seconding Voices, don't go looking for what I talked about at fourteen. I was so dumb! I still am dumb, mind, but I'm much more willing to take responsibility for my current dumbness!
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 24 2008, 11:23 PM) *
MWHAHAHAHA!

(I could change it to SPS for you if you like? Most people abbreviate it anyway.)

Don't most people call me Pat? I'll leave it as it is, most people know I'm neither a knight, nor a psychopath.
Mata
Teeheehee! biggrin.gif
vicrawr
Now that is how you celebrate five years.
Pikasyuu
..HAH. Mata gotcha, SPS.

/spam
Snugglebum the Destroyer
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Feb 26 2008, 12:03 AM) *
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 24 2008, 11:23 PM) *

MWHAHAHAHA!

Don't most people call me Pat? I'll leave it as it is, most people know I'm neither a knight, nor a psychopath.

Umm... tongue.gif

I'm tickled that you now incorporate 'pussy' in your name, mind.
Cath Sparrow
LMAO
Mata I love you to bits right now.
Mata
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Feb 26 2008, 12:42 PM) *
I'm tickled that you now incorporate 'pussy' in your name, mind.

It might not have entirely been Spussy Cat's doing, changing his name. *looks innocent*
Sir Psycho Sexy
Oh very funny.

tongue.gif
MistressAlti
Spussy Cat? *looks at the user icon, and even without having read the full thread, realizes immediately who it is, and laughs hysterically* Ah, Sir Psycho Sexy. Now that's a name worth living down.

Hey all, still proud to be the 54th member here, and the 5th highest poster.

Thought about this site today, and got sucked into the old forum archives. Not going to lie, this place... has a lot of meaning still to me. Good and bad memories both. Comes with having been part of a community, I guess.

It makes me feel old, too. Really old, actually. It's odd, remembering the person who used to practically live here every day, and knowing that was me. I can still feel what it was like to be her in some of these posts. It's fascinating, exhilarating, tragic in the same moment. Tracing it back, you can see the lines, the people that took their part in shaping who I eventually became.

This forum was really special, and I hold the time from that first year very, very close to my heart. I hope anyone who was around back then knows that, and how important you were to me during that time in my life.

Point being I'm glad to see it's all still here, 5 years later. I'll be truly sad the day it's gone.
Jaq
Five years? Gracious. In internet years, that's like, old married couple old. Like, not closing the bathroom door old. No, more like referring to your spouse as "Mother" old.

If the forum was married to itself, that's probably how old it would be.
Cath Sparrow
Jaq! *Pounce hug!*
DarkInferno
5 Years? (dons Eddy Izzard voice) Nobody was alive back then!

I have to be honest having a matazone to come back to always gives me a nice fuzzy feeling biggrin.gif
Mata
DI! Blimey! What are you up to these days?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.