Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scrabulous Tournament Anyone?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Izzy
So, during 5th period today, I got really bored and started thinking of stuff I should do when I got home. That made me think of the internet, which made me think of Matazone and Facebook, which led me thinking of a Matazone Scrabulous tournament.

I haven’t given it much thought besides that, but would anyone be interested?
Novander
Would I get a shiny silver medal at the end?
Ashbless
I'm keen but no one is awake when I'm online.

Silly 7 hour time difference.

tongue.gif

I would so totally rule.
Mata
Count me in, but I will want to perform an exorcism on Nov first!
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
Hell yeah! I love scrabulous biggrin.gif
Izzy
QUOTE (Novander @ Feb 27 2008, 09:16 PM) *

No, because you're not going to win. tongue.gif
Novander
QUOTE (Novander @ Feb 27 2008, 09:16 PM) *
mooooooooooopo
I'll join in.
michael1384
Still trying to learn how to play it and what all the buttons do... But yeah i'll join.
Moosh
Sounds fun, I'm in.
Mata
Everyone who's interested, make sure you join the Matazone group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2356168432

That'll make organising this a lot easier.
gothictheysay
Silly 7 hour time difference.

You don't have to be online to keep the game going. You can log off and come back later to play. It might take a while, but it's possible. I play with Englanders all the time. tongue.gif

ps count me in
Izzy
Awesome! We'll make the deadline for signing up March 4th.
MisterJ
Forgive me if this is a really stupid question, but how do I join the Matazone group on Facebook?
/sortofspam/
Novander
First you need a facebook account. To get one of these, go to www.facebook.com and sign up.

Then go to http://uea.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2356168432 and underneath the picture of samurai lapin, there should be an option to Join This Group. Click it. Click it hard.
Mata
If that doesn't work, you should try taking it out for a drink and discussing how nice its hair looks then see if it lets you click the link. Hard.
MisterJ
Okay, thanks. I've been added to the group! smile.gif
michael1384
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 29 2008, 11:42 PM) *
If that doesn't work, you should try taking it out for a drink and discussing how nice its hair looks then see if it lets you click the link. Hard.

Does HTML script prefer Indian or Italian food?
Mata
Hot Tomato, Mayo, and Lettuce. That sounds like a bagel to me.
Novander
Surely the 'H' is for ham? Tomato and lettuce alone do not a meal make, no matter how much mayo you cover them with.
Eli
I can see my fate already. I'm doomed to fail, but I'll join anyways to keep myself from doing homework and chores.
Daria
QUOTE (JeddyB @ Mar 1 2008, 01:35 AM) *
Okay, thanks. I've been added to the group! smile.gif

Added to the group. Hard.
Izzy
This is one of those "I wonder if it's the 4th yet... Wait.. It's March 5th!" moments. Thanks to Eli, we now have an odd number of people playing, so match-ups will go as follows.

Ashbless vs. CheeseMoose

crazymat vs. Eli

gothictheysay vs. Izzy

JeddyB vs. Mata

michael1384 vs. moop vs. Novander

And guys, absolutely no cheating! No anagram sites, word generators, nothing. Play nice, and tell me when someone wins. No crying. (Unless I lose...)

G'luck!
gothictheysay
Dude, that's kind of not fair, because if I lose against you I'm out and you haven't lost yet. tongue.gif Not that I'm saying you're GOING to win, but...
Mata
JeddyB, I don't know your real name, so friend me on Facebook and let the games begin!
QUOTE (Izzy @ Mar 6 2008, 12:47 AM) *
And guys, absolutely no cheating! No anagram sites, word generators, nothing.

Does the "enter random combinations of high scoring letters in the hope that you'll eventually stumble upon an obscure word" strategy count as cheating?

Eli, I tried starting a game but I think you need to accept my friend request first.
Izzy
QUOTE (crazymat @ Mar 6 2008, 06:11 PM) *

Does the "enter random combinations of high scoring letters in the hope that you'll eventually stumble upon an obscure word" strategy count as cheating?

Course not! 'Cos that's how I usually win. Using the supplied dictionary thingy doesn't count as cheating either.
MisterJ
I'm sorry that I'm so behind everything, but like, in order to play, what exactly do I do? Am I 'spose to go here? http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=3052170175
If so, is there a special way to join into the game?
Sorry, I've just been doing some stufzez lately. smile.gif
Mata
I've started the game for us now. Join up with Scrabulous and you'll be able to see your current games here : http://apps.facebook.com/scrabulous/
Novander
michael1384 and moop:
Eli
QUOTE (crazymat @ Mar 6 2008, 06:11 PM) *

Eli, I tried starting a game but I think you need to accept my friend request first.

Yea, I just accepted it. I'll start the game right now.
michael1384
Whos go is it?

edit: ah, nevermind.
MisterJ
Hey, is it cheating to look in a dictionary for words that start with a certain letter that you have that you might be able to use?
QUOTE (Eli @ Mar 10 2008, 11:14 PM) *
Yea, I just accepted it. I'll start the game right now.

I noticed you're also playing my friend who is insanely good at scrabble. I'm not sure I like this... he better not be teaching you all his tricks...
Moosh
QUOTE (JeddyB @ Mar 12 2008, 10:26 AM) *
Hey, is it cheating to look in a dictionary for words that start with a certain letter that you have that you might be able to use?

Yes
MisterJ
OK, thanks.
MisterJ
Oh no!!! Mata is pretty much kicking me! (117 - 88)

\/Spam/\
Izzy
QUOTE (JeddyB @ Mar 13 2008, 08:11 PM) *
Oh no!!! Mata is pretty much kicking me! (117 - 88)

\/Spam/\

You can still catch up! Do us all a favor and eliminate Mata. biggrin.gif
MisterJ
I'll try my best for the Matazonians!! wink.gif
gothictheysay
once again, I protest first round elimination! It's just not fair. The losers should also be bracketed, and whoever has the most total wins should win. Or something like that. ._.
Maybe the losers of the first round could all play each other, and the winner of the losers gets a second chance and goes through to the second round? That would mean waiting ages before the 2nd lot of games though :/
michael1384
Now there's a good idea.
Izzy
Hmm... The losers could play each other and the winners could play each other, and then the winners of the losers can play the losers of the winners in one final match to see who plays the winners of the winners. And then the winner of the winners wins.

That.. make sense. Kind of. It'll take forever, but it'll work. Besides, 10 more wins and I might be on the global stats thing. biggrin.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Izzy @ Mar 14 2008, 12:38 AM) *
You can still catch up! Do us all a favor and eliminate Mata. biggrin.gif

I'm a reasonable player, but I really do need to get decent letters to have a good game. If get the high scoring ones then I can rock out my score, but if I don't then I'm stuck. I suspect that a really good player can get high scores even with very average letters, which is why I say I'm not that good.

There's a chess thing made by the same people who made Scrabulous. I like chess because it doesn't depend on luck, although it really relies on getting players of a roughly equal level otherwise it's no fun - at least with Scrabble everyone can play a full game, even if it's with a low score.
Izzy
So... I won my game.

Any one else finished yet?

* 14 - 0, YAY! *

michael1384
I have no good letters.
Novander
I just this minute kicked moop and michael's collective ass; 265-237-85. I thought Ste was going to overtake me for most of the game, but just managed to keep my lead.

Who's next to fall to me?
Izzy
^ Not sure yet, but I hope it's not going to be me. Playing against you totally freaks me out.
Eli
I have a slight problem. I can't log onto my facebook. I had to change my password because a certain someone kept hacking it *cough* Izzy *cough* I tried resetting my password, but I havn't logged into my email in months so their's no possible way of getting into their. I'm still in a game with crazymatt. So...uh, any suggestions on what to do?
Izzy
^ The only way that they actually reset your password is if you confirmed it through e-mail. I'd know, 'cos I had to do it after a certain idiot (Eli!) changed mine.

It still won't let me log in you know. Jerk.

Your old password should still work. And I totally deny being in your account. You must have been sleep-typing and just happened to change your status to me being totally awesome. tongue.gif

*edit* Come to think of it, it might not let you back in until tomorrow. I, er, might've gotten your password wrong a few times so your account may be deactivated for the night... But maybe not, 'cos it just let me back into mine! Changed my password btw, so STAY OUT!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.