Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spoon is coming to England!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Daria
So chaps and chapeaux: The delightful EvilSpoon is coming to England in June and to mark the event I will be throwing a party with bands, barbecues and fairylights! It's also TOTALLY coincidental that I will be prematurely celebrating my birthday and comiserating the fact that I will be moving to Scotland for four years. The party will be in Hintlesham which is vaguely a village near Ipswich in Suffolk. If you can get to Ipswich train station, we can organise getting you to the party, or you could drive there. There will be camping space for those who wish to stay. I have already invited some Matazonians via Facebook, but if I haven't invited you and you would like to come, let me know and I will send you details (the adding thingy was being lame).

There is a possibility that Sarahs may be there too!

So yeah, would be awesome if we could get lots of Matazonians together as I would like to see you all before I move to Scotland and I am sure Spoon would like to see you all before he goes back to Michigan!

So! June 28th, near Ipswich, Suffolk. Write it in diaries! biggrin.gif
Mata
It's way too early for me to say anything for sure, but I'm definitely interested in coming. It sounds like fun, and hopefully it will be warm enough to camp without going to bed wearing all my day clothes!
Cath Sparrow
Well I've said maybe on Facebook but would like to come but same as Mata I cant say anything more till I know where I'm at.
froggle-rock
*does Spoon dance*
woot woo!

Okies, I am pretty sure I can come. Just booked a day to work then, but I can easily come own after in the evening.
Tarantio
QUOTE (Daria @ Mar 5 2008, 06:49 PM) *
as I would like to see you all before I move to Scotland

Because of course no one sees you once you move north of the border... Dun dun dun... *eerie noises that vaguely resemble something to do with creepy horror stories where people are never seen again... uh, whatever*
Daria
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Mar 15 2008, 04:04 AM) *
QUOTE (Daria @ Mar 5 2008, 06:49 PM) *

as I would like to see you all before I move to Scotland

Because of course no one sees you once you move north of the border... Dun dun dun... *eerie noises that vaguely resemble something to do with creepy horror stories where people are never seen again... uh, whatever*

Firstly- awesome to see you around again biggrin.gif
Secondly- no. No one will come. They only see me now because I bribe them with food and small fuzzy animals >_>
froggle-rock
GIVE ME BACK MY RATHER LARGE CAT!
Phyllis
moop and I will probably be there, but can't say for certain just yet. We'll let you know for sure probably once we get back from our trip to the US in May.
Faerieryn
Sounds cool. We'll be there so long as no money issues arise between now and then!
{Gothic Angel}
I'm a hat! biggrin.gif

...and by that I mean, count me in if I have monies then smile.gif
spiffilicious05
So my end of June schedule has had a sudden change and I think I'll be able to make it after all laugh.gif yay!
EvilSpork
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Mar 31 2008, 09:56 AM) *
I'm a hat! biggrin.gif

...and by that I mean, count me in if I have monies then smile.gif

/spam

You better have monies then!

/de-spam

You know, you get to meet a certain Spoon. I'm bribing you to come with shininess and silvery. I'm really looking forward to meeting everybody. For anybody that can't make it to the party/meet/fairylight fest feel free to PM me if you're interested in meeting with me for a morning/evening/day. Also those that do make it to the party and will want to see more of me should get in contact via PM, IRC or otherwise.

Aside from that I'm excited for people and bands and barbeque. Oh my!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Daria @ Mar 5 2008, 07:49 PM) *

Bum! I'm working til 6pm in London which means I wouldn't be able to get there before 10/11pm. Ah well. Next time sad.gif
{Gothic Angel}
*is TOTALLY NOT freaking out from excitement about this already*
Daria
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Apr 18 2008, 01:21 PM) *
QUOTE (Daria @ Mar 5 2008, 07:49 PM) *

Bum! I'm working til 6pm in London which means I wouldn't be able to get there before 10/11pm. Ah well. Next time sad.gif

It will be going on until the wee hours of the morning, and people will be camping- so you're welcome to come up after work. However, it's totally understandable if you don't want to go all the way up to Suffolk after a whole day of work!
Mata
It's looking incresingly likely that I'll be able to come along to this one. Yay!

June is getting very busy for some reason this year.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Daria @ Apr 21 2008, 09:55 AM) *
don't want to go all the way up to Suffolk after a whole day of work!

That's the main reason I won't be coming. A full day at work then several hours in the car doesn't sound like I'll be up for much when I get there. Thanks anyways.
Daria
*bumpity bump!*
It's getting closer and closer to the point of no return ph34r.gif
Errr... I mean, it's getting closer and closer to the party and I need to start organising things. If you know you can and are definitely coming, then you may want to pre-book train tickets with National Express East Anglia. They are a bunch of idiots, but if you haven't got a YPRC then a return from London to Ipswich can be about 35- prebook and you can get two singles for 6 each.
Not yet sure how many people are staying to camp- you are all welcome to, though. There may just have to be a bit of jiggery pokery with tents etc. If you know you're going, perhaps it'd be a good idea to post here some details, such as:

Name:
Number coming:
Start location?:
Mode of transport
(if a car, do you have free spaces for others?):
Time of arrival/ leaving?:
Staying the night?:
Will be bringing tent
(if so, how many does it sleep)?:
Will be kipping in someone else's tent
(if so whose)?:
(Syuu's suggestion) Are you planning on boinking anyone at the party?:
If so, who?:

Also, if you have any old flurescent tubes... bring them wink.gif

Edit- it may help if I said a time for everyone to start arriving. About 5pm? something like that. We'll be there all day, so if you fancy getting down a bit earlier and helping set up- cool! If you want to come later then also cool!

Name: Becky and Monty
Number coming: 1 and 2
Start location?: London, but will be in Suffolk probably from the 27th
Mode of transport : train
Time of arrival/ leaving?: first there, last to go
Staying the night?: yes
Will be bringing tent?: No (we'll be holding fort in the house)
Will be kipping in someone else's tent?: nope
(Syuu's suggestion) Are you planning on boinking anyone at the party?: Perhaps >_>
If so, who?: Shhhh
Moosh
Zomg excitedness

Name: James, Moosh, Oi You... whatever
Number coming: 3
Start location?: Stafford/Birmingham
Mode of transport : Train
Time of arrival/ leaving?: still flexible but looks like the best train times for me would be arrive Ipswich at 5:30 on saturday, leave at about 4 on sunday.
Staying the night?: Yeps
Will be bringing tent?: Yes, and there's room for me and one other. If anyone wants that space give me a shout
Will be kipping in someone else's tent?: Nopes
(Syuu's suggestion) Are you planning on boinking anyone at the party?: Of course
If so, who?: Everyone
{Gothic Angel}
Name: Jen
Number coming: 4 (...maybe 5, but don't hold your breath)
Start location?: Reading
Mode of transport : Train
Time of arrival/ leaving?: I don't know. Will let you know closer to the time to fit around parental wrath and part time jobs.
Staying the night?: Probably
Will be bringing tent?: If I stay
Will be kipping in someone else's tent?: Noop.
(Syuu's suggestion) Are you planning on boinking anyone at the party?: I always think of boinking as "hitting over the head with a rubber fish".
If so, who?:James.
froggle-rock
Name: Froggie
Number coming: 6
Start location?:
London
Mode of transport : TBC, I have a YPRC is anyone wants to get a ticket with me, 6 squid each happy.gif
Time of arrival/ leaving?: Am working that day, so will arrive some time in the evening. Please can you let me know the bus from the station to the field?
Staying the night?: Yarr
Will be bringing tent?: More Yarr. Erm, I will prolly bring a 2 person as it's a decent size to carry, but I can bring a bigger one if absolutely needed. Spoon has tentatively nabbed a spot.
Will be kipping in someone else's tent?: Might Yarr, if mine is misplaced (read: I CBA to find it and need sleepzorz).
(Syuu's suggestion) Are you planning on boinking anyone at the party?: Yarr
If so, who?: Froggzilla, my alter ego. Frogita, Frogg, Frogatron, Froggenator and Froggeh might join in too happy.gif
EvilSpork
Name:Spoon
Number coming:7
Start location?:London
Mode of transport : To be determined.
Time of arrival/ leaving?: ^^^
Staying the night?: Shya
Will be bringing tent?: Possibly a bivy sac, so it'd be sleeping 1.. Or 2 if you're feeling squirrely.
Will be kipping in someone else's tent (if so whose)?: If the bivy sac doesn't work out, I'll steal a spot in Froggy's.
(Syuu's suggestion) Are you planning on boinking anyone at the party?: Give me the time of day and I'll give you who is on my schedule.
If so, who?: Everybody.
Daria
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ May 20 2008, 09:10 PM) *
Time of arrival/ leaving?: Am working that day, so will arrive some time in the evening. Please can you let me know the bus from the station to the field?

Ha! It's the countryside. There are no buses. I'm sure I can get someone to pick you up from the station, though- it's only 4 miles away smile.gif
Smiler
Still not sure yet, bare with us
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Daria @ May 21 2008, 12:07 AM) *
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ May 20 2008, 09:10 PM) *

Ha! It's the countryside. There are no buses. I'm sure I can get someone to pick you up from the station, though- it's only 4 miles away smile.gif

Woo, that'd be cool. I guess I will need a mobile phone then >_>

dry.gif

You ain't seen me. Right!
Phyllis
Almost certain we'll be able to make this one...

Name: Candice & moop
Number coming: 9
Start location?: Derby
Mode of transport : Train and then...uh...snoo?
Time of arrival/ leaving?: Don't know yet.
Staying the night?: Yes'm.
Will be bringing tent?: Yes'm, but it only sleeps us.
Will be kipping in someone else's tent (if so whose)?: Nope.
(Syuu's suggestion) Are you planning on boinking anyone at the party?: Only if we go by Jen's definition of hitting people over the head with a rubber fish.
If so, who?: Everybody gets the rubber fish. EVERYBODY.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (candice @ May 22 2008, 06:53 PM) *
Mode of transport : Train and then...uh...snoo?
If so, who?: Everybody gets the rubber fish. EVERYBODY.

*mental picture of snoo giving cand giving moop a piggy bank, being twacked faster with rubber fish*

So. Wrong >.< tongue.gif
{Gothic Angel}
That's actually better WITH the typo biggrin.gif

"We'll take your money and BOINK you! Hah!"

Wait, is that like prostitution?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I guess seeing as people have already mentioned me I guess I'd better add my bit...

Name: snoo
Number coming: 10 (maybe 11)
Start location?: Norwich
Mode of transport : Car...
Time of arrival/ leaving?: if I'm giving Cand, Paul and Ste a lift it'll depend when they're arriving
Staying the night?: Indeed
Will be bringing tent?: Yup
Will be kipping in someone else's tent (if so whose)?: Nein
(Syuu's suggestion) Are you planning on boinking anyone at the party?: Lets go with the fish so yes!
If so, who?: Everybody gets the rubber fish. Whoever I can!!
froggle-rock
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ May 23 2008, 10:55 AM) *
That's actually better WITH the typo biggrin.gif

"We'll take your money and BOINK you! Hah!"

Wait, is that like prostitution?

>_> It's one of those phrases I actualy say wrong too. I offer my siblings piggy banks. I don't know why or whe it got hard wired that piggy back is not when you run around with someone flaiing on you back. Maybe it's the ending of the word. I'm aware of it... but it still just comes out wrong.

dry.gif

Okay... so my fella was due to come, but he no longer can. He bough the 6 each way tickets from... erm.... Liverpool street station to Ipswich. Leaving Saturday morning from london. departing Ispwuich about 5pmish I tihnk. I have a young person' s rail card so can't use the tixkets he bough me as he wont be coming. So I wanted to know if anyone who has a network rail card would travel with me those times (wen I get the exact depart times I will put a messege up here) and I pay their 12 fare? Please if you could. let me know as soon as possible.

biggrin.gif
Mata
I've got a network rail card thingy. I'll probably be wanting to travel back a bit earlier than that on the Sunday though - the journey takes over three hours and I don't really want to be getting home at 8pm.

What time are you planning on travelling up there on Saturday?
{Gothic Angel}
I have just had a summer job offer retracted and am therefore in serious financial trouble. I'm afriad if I don't get a definite summer position by the end of this week I'm going to have to say I'm not coming sad.gif Sorry.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 11 2008, 01:36 PM) *
I've got a network rail card thingy. I'll probably be wanting to travel back a bit earlier than that on the Sunday though - the journey takes over three hours and I don't really want to be getting home at 8pm.

What time are you planning on travelling up there on Saturday?

I just left another message on his phone >.< Soon as he tells me, Mata, I'll email you wink.gif

GA, *meep* good luck with the job hunting. You're an apt woman so bound to get one.
Phyllis
Crap. Crapping crappy crap.

I don't think we're going to be able to come after all. sad.gif
EvilSpork
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jun 11 2008, 04:33 PM) *
I have just had a summer job offer retracted and am therefore in serious financial trouble. I'm afriad if I don't get a definite summer position by the end of this week I'm going to have to say I'm not coming sad.gif Sorry.

QUOTE (candice @ Jun 13 2008, 01:48 PM) *
Crap. Crapping crappy crap.

I don't think we're going to be able to come after all. sad.gif

mellow.gif

Saaaaadface. Sadface! I am upset sad.gif
Phyllis
I'm so sorry, Spoon. sad.gif

We'll try to get there, but it's not looking real promising at the moment.
EvilSpork
QUOTE (candice @ Jun 13 2008, 03:15 PM) *
I'm so sorry, Spoon. sad.gif

We'll try to get there, but it's not looking real promising at the moment.

It's not an issue. I'm sure I'll be able to get a hold of you at some point before I leave and arrange some other meet of sorts.
Pikasyuu
TRY TO STALK HER.
Cand and Moop are AWESOME company - I speak from experience!
Cath Sparrow
Yeh I'm afraid I'm another who wont be able to make it. So sorry Spoony. sad.gif
Phyllis
How long will you be in England, Spoony? If you could make it a bit further north on one of the weekends we could meet up for lunch somewhere. Doesn't have to be in Derby -- moop and I could go down to Birmingham quite easily. Or we could all go and stalk Cath. evil.gif I would suggest meeting halfway between us and her, but I think that's Stoke-on-Trent, and uh...I don't want to leave you with THAT impression of England.
Moosh
From Froggy (who should try and remember her passwords):

Sorry, Mata but my fella is coming after all. So no tickets avaliable. Spoon, I will take a tent to Becky's before the weekend. Cand, Moop and Cath That's a shame sad.gif

Cand, Moop, Cayth and Spoon: I was going to see if you wanted to spend a weekend in Birmingham, Spoon, I have an aunt I think you'd get along with who lives there. What do you folks think- we could go for a curry?
Cath Sparrow
I'm really sorry but I really am completely lacking in funds at the moment so anything further than the local vassinaty is a bit out of bounds at the moment.
I have one surgestion if Spoony, Cand and Moop (and anyone else) fancy it? They could come over to Chester (or Liverpool but I know Cand and Moop have been so thought it'd be a change for them to) for the day it's a really nice city to wander round and Spoony can see lot of history stuff. wink.gif
Spoony could come via Cand and Moops if that ok with them (it's a bit far from London for a day trip)
Phyllis
Yup, that's fine with us Cath! It's about the same price for us to get to Chester as Birmingham. The trip is a bit longer (what the heck?! If we were to go on a Sunday it'd have us change in Birmingham), but that's fine with moop and I.

I'm not sure how it'd be best to arrange it. If he has a lot of stuff to leave at our place it might be best to come up on the Friday evening (the 4th? Are you doing anything that weekend, Spoon?). We could go see Cath on Saturday and he could get a lateish train back to London from Derby that evening. Or he could leave in the morning on Sunday if he wanted. Spoon? What do you think?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
*blinks*

I am really confused by the conversation going on up there ^^ but if there is meeting in Birmingham I could probably make it... depends if the price of petrol triples in the next two weeks :|
Phyllis
No, snoo. tongue.gif Cath, moop, and I cannot go to the camping thing in Ipswich. We all want to meet up with Spoon during his visit anyway, so I suggested we all go to Birmingham. Cath can't make it that far, so now we are trying to lure Spoony to Chester.
EvilSpork
I'm over until Wednesday the 9th, I leave at 8:50am from Heathrow.

My problem is I don't have much funds overall for this trip.

Anyway, I can look into tickets this week if we can sort out details a bit (where and when we'd meet, therefore what train I'd want to book - I'd prefer to do all of my travel expenses in advance so I can keep my cost down) the weekend of the 4th would be fine as long as I can get back down to London (obviously).
Phyllis
If you don't mind getting a bus, you can get one from London Victora to Derby for 1 one-way if you book in advance on nationalexpress.com (I'd do it rather soon -- though if none of the 1 ones are available the next most expensive ones are 7). It takes about 4 hours to get here from there. You can get an e-ticket, which you can print off before you leave the US. I'd say arriving sometime on the 4th of July and leaving on the 6th would be best, just to make sure that you have plenty of time between getting back from Chester and catching your bus back to London.

Doesn't really matter to me what time on those days you arrive/leave. The cheapest fares are usually early/late, I think. We live within easy walking distance of where I think the bus lets off. If you decide to come I'll meet you down there if you tell me what time you'll be arriving, and I'll PM you my mobile number just in case we can't find one another. The ticket to go see Cath would be 14.20, round-trip. There's no discounts available for booking in advance from Derby to Chester (at least not that I can find), so we'd probably buy our tickets on the day.

This is, of course, assuming Cath is okay with meeting up with us in Chester on the 5th?
EvilSpork
QUOTE (candice @ Jun 17 2008, 04:53 AM) *
If you don't mind getting a bus, you can get one from London Victora to Derby for 1 one-way if you book in advance on nationalexpress.com (I'd do it rather soon -- though if none of the 1 ones are available the next most expensive ones are 7). It takes about 4 hours to get here from there. You can get an e-ticket, which you can print off before you leave the US. I'd say arriving sometime on the 4th of July and leaving on the 6th would be best, just to make sure that you have plenty of time between getting back from Chester and catching your bus back to London.

Doesn't really matter to me what time on those days you arrive/leave. The cheapest fares are usually early/late, I think. We live within easy walking distance of where I think the bus lets off. If you decide to come I'll meet you down there if you tell me what time you'll be arriving, and I'll PM you my mobile number just in case we can't find one another. The ticket to go see Cath would be 14.20, round-trip. There's no discounts available for booking in advance from Derby to Chester (at least not that I can find), so we'd probably buy our tickets on the day.

This is, of course, assuming Cath is okay with meeting up with us in Chester on the 5th?

Booking tickets up to Derby regardless, I'm seeing me some candoop!

Departs: LONDON, Victoria coach station, Greater London
on service NX440 at 16:00 on 4 July 2008

Arrives: Derby, Full St, near Tourist Information Centre, (or, for Transpeak services: Derwent St Stop Y1), Derbyshire at 20:15 on 04 Jul 2008
Phyllis
Yay! PMing you with my number and address. biggrin.gif

Sorry again (and sorry to Becky, too) that we couldn't make it down to Ipswich. sad.gif Moop has the beginnings of what will probably be a rather expensive dentist visit. Stupid teeth.
elphaba2
edit:

I have a stupid sense of humor and when it gets real stupid I am mean sorry britons!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.