Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spoon is coming to England!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Daria
QUOTE (candice @ Jun 17 2008, 03:50 PM) *
Yay! PMing you with my number and address. biggrin.gif

Sorry again (and sorry to Becky, too) that we couldn't make it down to Ipswich. sad.gif Moop has the beginnings of what will probably be a rather expensive dentist visit. Stupid teeth.

It's a shame that you can't come, but I totally understand. Stupid MoopTeefs laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
Yeh the 5th is fine with me (has no plans at all so nothing she needs to work round)

And also again sorry Becky would have really loved to have come down and sorry Froggy as well it was a good idea. sad.gif
Pixelgoth
Ya know what? It's occurred to me that as I have a car (albeit a small one) I can always drive people North if I'm given enough notice and I'm not working. Birmingham and/or Chester. You'll just have to let me know when and where and I can pick people up in London and we can road trip it up North. My car isn't expensive in petrol and I wouldn't expect much in the way of expenses. Perhaps somewhere to bed down and some much needed alcohol by the time I get there? laugh.gif

Obviously this all depends on

a. when (I may be working weekends and don't finish in London til 6pm at the mo)
b. where
c. how many (I can only fit an additional 3 people in)

Worth considering though, I guess unsure.gif
Phyllis
Pixie: Spoon, moop, and I are meeting up with Cath in Chester on the 5th of July (which is a Saturday). Not sure what time yet, but I figured we'd probably head out from Derby around 9:30 and get to Chester (via train) around 11:30. The last train back to Derby that evening is around 20:00. You (and anyone else who wants to come) are welcome to tag along, of course. There's plenty of sleeping room at our house, which is where Spoon will be staying. You could also park your car at ours and take the train with us up to Chester if you want some of that much needed alcohol. laugh.gif

Edit: I feel like I'm really hijacking Becky's thread here. Is it worth us starting a different thread?
Cath Sparrow
I think it depends on if anyone is comming up or not because were pretty much sorted now I reacon.
Mata
Just to confirm, because I'm getting to the end of my lunchtime and the web might be blocked soon - this weekend:

A fair number of forumy people are going?
It's camping?
What do I need to bring?
Daria
A fair number of forumy people are going?
Yes

It's camping?
Yes

What do I need to bring?
A tent (or have organised sleeping in someone else's tent), something to contribute to the barbecue (either veggie or meat), something to drink? Stuff like that will be provided, but it's always awesome when people bring something along too. And your dancing shoes! As well as two bands playing, there's also a couple of DJs and perhaps a VJ if I can borrow her a projector.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (candice @ Jun 23 2008, 09:58 AM) *
Pixie: Spoon, moop, and I are meeting up with Cath in Chester on the 5th of July (which is a Saturday). Not sure what time yet, but I figured we'd probably head out from Derby around 9:30 and get to Chester (via train) around 11:30. The last train back to Derby that evening is around 20:00. You (and anyone else who wants to come) are welcome to tag along, of course. There's plenty of sleeping room at our house, which is where Spoon will be staying. You could also park your car at ours and take the train with us up to Chester if you want some of that much needed alcohol. laugh.gif

Edit: I feel like I'm really hijacking Becky's thread here. Is it worth us starting a different thread?

Just quickly (so I'm not spamming the thread) I can't do w/end of 5th July as I'm working. Spoon has PM'd me so I'll reply that way smile.gif

*leaves thread and stops spamming* wink.gif
Mata
Okay, outside facts of God and other things unforeseen happening, I'll be coming along on Saturday.

One thing though... Can anyone pick me up from Ipswich station please? And take me to the venue via a place to buy booze and grillable fud?
Moosh
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 24 2008, 10:37 PM) *
Okay, outside facts of God and other things unforeseen happening, I'll be coming along on Saturday.

One thing though... Can anyone pick me up from Ipswich station please? And take me to the venue via a place to buy booze and grillable fud?

As far as I know, most people are arriving to the station, so there will be people going back and forth whom you should be able to blag lifts from.

You'd probably be best off buying stuff from near the station, I'm not sure there's much on the way.
Daria
There's probably nothing near the station. BUT! There is a massive Tesco's etc in Ipswich, so I am sure we can get something sorted out : )

And on the Spoon note- apart from going to pick him up from Gatwick and getting a call to say that he was at Heathrow, he is now at ours. AND I fed him a Marmite crumpet and he didn't die ^_________^
Mata
Marmite and crumpets. That's a full on bit of British food there.

Who would it be best to call when I'm arriving on Saturday, and could they PM me their number please?
Cath Sparrow
Yay! A captured Spoony! But there was no need to torture him Becky! wink.gif
EvilSpork
QUOTE (Cath @ Jun 26 2008, 05:59 AM) *

Marmite is delicious, I don't care what anyone else says. sleep.gif
Daria
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Jun 26 2008, 11:29 AM) *
QUOTE (Cath @ Jun 26 2008, 05:59 AM) *

Marmite is delicious, I don't care what anyone else says. sleep.gif

Best. American. Ever (with perhaps the exception of Cand because she gives us awesomecookies.)
elphaba2
Now I feel like I should've found some weird NYC food. I don't think we have anything that can quite stand up to Marmite, though.
EvilSpork
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Jun 26 2008, 10:37 AM) *
Now I feel like I should've found some weird NYC food. I don't think we have anything that can quite stand up to Marmite, though.

Shut up, seeing you and exploring was wonderful. And in response to the text you sent me before I dashed off across the ocean - no, not boring or awkward.
Mata
Rar! I met Spoon! He's a lovely chap. Thanks for a great weekend Becky, and it was lovely to see everyone else too. biggrin.gif
Moosh
Yeps, it was a lovely time and there were many lovely people =)

Photos!
Pikasyuu
they're great! everyone looks so happy and like they're having an amazing time - thanks for uploading all of those, James. smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
Looks like you all had a good time and it's good to know that Spoony's a lovely guy seeing as I'm meeting him at the weekend. tongue.gif
elphaba2
My friend Mary took a few photos of the tiny NYC meet, which can be found here: here. They're very deceiving though--we covered two boroughs (one accidentally) and five subway lines, starting in the mildly posh upper east side, winding down to the lower east side and then up to Harlem for a bit, ending up in Central Park at the end of some very nice weather, where there was a parachute and pocky.
Izzy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/elenalda/berry.jpg

*grin*
Cath Sparrow
Just doing a double check for Chester tomorrow just to make sure there's no one else decided to come. We have a -

Spoony
Cand
Mooooooop
Cath
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Cath @ Jul 4 2008, 09:50 AM) *
Just doing a double check for Chester tomorrow just to make sure there's no one else decided to come. We have a -

Spoony
Cand
Mooooooop
Cath

Would love to be there seeing as it's only two stops down the line from me, but I've got a full weekend of work ahead. Feh.

If there's ever a Chester meet again, let me know. I'll be there to get the first round in.
Mata
Go after work. Or during a break. Take a long lunch. Chuck a sickie... Or be socially responsible and don't blame me.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 4 2008, 01:37 PM) *
QUOTE (Cath @ Jul 4 2008, 09:50 AM) *

Spoony
Cand
Mooooooop
Cath

Would love to be there seeing as it's only two stops down the line from me, but I've got a full weekend of work ahead. Feh.

If there's ever a Chester meet again, let me know. I'll be there to get the first round in.

Also working. Again dry.gif

Hope it was fun today.

I missed the North sad.gif

I'm thinking of coming for a visit during the weekend 12-20th July if anyone wants to meet for drinks/coffee/lunch, etc. I'll have a car so meeting anywhere in Yorkshire/Cheshire/West Midlands/Manchester/Liverpool is a possibility smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.