Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dreams
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
voices_in_my_head
Ah, gotcha. I was looking at the above website and it suggested that a dream where you were unable to find a bathroom meant something like you find it impossible to find relief in your everyday life. I'm kinda thinking it probably means you just had to use the restroom pretty badly irl. tongue.gif So I think things like that are for the most part not to be used as a to-live-by guide...but maybe to give you ideas. While dreaming about, say, an attic could indicate "digging up old memories" in one person, it's important to take into considerations what it means to you as a person - maybe you had an attic bedroom as a kid, maybe you were thinking about cleaning yours out...ect. Hah I don't know why I went on that little rant. Dreams just intrigue me.

Out of interest, what do you guys think about dreams that predict the future? I'm thinking that while many of them are just to loosely relating a previous dream to a current occurance (as most dreams loose much of their detail in your mind after a short period) I'm not so sure about others, like the one I mentioned above. As I wrote the details down, I was able to see that it really did match up. smile.gif
Daria
I woke up this morning so I could make my granma a cup of tea. When I got to the kettle, I realised that I couldn't go back to sleep with it and give it to her, as she lives miles away.
Pikasyuu
one portion of my dreams this morning involved Matazone - I changed the title of 'Whatchoo List'nin' Too, Foo?' to something else as a joke, and then when I went to change it back, Mata had installed word filters and it wouldn't turn into anything but 'What Are You Listening Too, Fool?'

I was genuinely scared that Mata would be mad at me for destroying Matazone history, and tried many different word combinations and breaking into the word filter devices.

>_____>
voices_in_my_head
Dreamed I was smoking and felt amazingly relaxed in my dream. It was increadibly real and the only way I was able to tell that it didn't really happen was that in the dream I smoked the entire cigerette...including the filter. Mind, I don't smoke, and never have...so I don't know why I would dream I was smoking?
leopold
My missus told me something about dreams from a residential she went on a few weeks ago, and she tried out the theory on a recurring dream I used to have as a child which I remember very clearly, even though I've not had it for a very long time.

The dream itself, in a nutshell, involved my local swimming pool. I'd be walking up the stairs to the changing rooms, which were pretty dank, smelled strongly of chlorine and such, and then I'd be walking down these stairs into another area, which nobody else ever knew about. This room was dark, no windows, pretty grim really. And I recall it being rather oppressively warm.

Anyway, she told me that a lot of dreams (ie. those not induced by outside factors such as temperature extremes, noise or drugs of any type) can usually be reflective. If you think about your dream as if you are having it right now, then focus on whatever seems to be the main facet of the dream - this could be a person, animal, or even a room, as is my case. You then put yourself in the position of this factor and think about what this factor is likely to say from it's own perspective. It's a bit odd at first (especially if you're a room!) but soon it sort of clicks into place.

In my case, it turned out that the room I was going into was my "dark place", where I could hide from the boys that would be imminently returning to the changing rooms. I also worked out that, as the room, the reason I was so dark and uncomfortable is because I (the room) didn't want me skulking in there and wanted me to face up to the issues awaiting me in the changing room.

Until I'd done this, I'd never even contemplated what it all meant, it just seemed like a very odd dream.

Incidentally, anyone else ever experienced smell in their dreams?
Eli
Last night I had dream that a nun was trying to rape a child in church or thats what it looked like. It was in black and white and I kept running in circles looking for Izzy and our geography teacher so we could all read the bible. I found Izzy but we lost the teacher without ever finding her and then the last thing I remember was the nun chasing the 3 of us (I guess we found our teacher) into a school bus set for alaska...or somewhere cold.
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (leopold @ May 13 2008, 06:28 PM) *
Anyway, she told me that a lot of dreams (ie. those not induced by outside factors such as temperature extremes, noise or drugs of any type) can usually be reflective. If you think about your dream as if you are having it right now, then focus on whatever seems to be the main facet of the dream - this could be a person, animal, or even a room, as is my case. You then put yourself in the position of this factor and think about what this factor is likely to say from it's own perspective. It's a bit odd at first (especially if you're a room!) but soon it sort of clicks into place.

In my case, it turned out that the room I was going into was my "dark place", where I could hide from the boys that would be imminently returning to the changing rooms. I also worked out that, as the room, the reason I was so dark and uncomfortable is because I (the room) didn't want me skulking in there and wanted me to face up to the issues awaiting me in the changing room.

Until I'd done this, I'd never even contemplated what it all meant, it just seemed like a very odd dream.

Incidentally, anyone else ever experienced smell in their dreams?

hmm. That's actually quite cool, and makes sense. After applying that to my repeating dream (that I've been having for years now in variations) it revealed quite a bit. I'm a massively tangled obstacle-course like jungle gym with few exits, and in a weird way it does make sense.

As for smell, I generally do. For example in last night's dream where I was smoking, I could smell the ciggarette smoke, taste it, and even feel the warmth from the lighter. My senses are generally selective while dreaming (For instance I'll somtimes just smell and taste something, but not feel it) but when they're there it's amazingly real.
LoLo
I just woke up from a dream where Irishguy gave me a ciggy that he broke the filter off of and had taken a few drags from. I dropped the part he gave me and couldn't find it, so he made me crawl under a bed and through a shopping cart return, then gave me one that he hadn't broken. Then while I sat there behind a bed smoking the ciggy, he left to get me a tootsie pop. My alarm went off, I was still smoking, and I almost hit the snooze bar so I could finish it.
I_am_the_best
So I'm totally resurrecting thing because I had a strange dream and want to share it with someone.

Firstly, I dreamt that I received a telephone call from a foreign lady telling me that they'd found the dead bodies of two murdered girls in our garden. But I woke up because that was a bit scary.

Then, I dreamt that I was walking towards my house with a friend who I'd met from the internet (not a real person, just a hypothetical person in my dream), and another friend from the internet came running up behind us but I didn't recognise them because it was the first time I'd seen them. When he came running I took a knife which I was carrying (because I thought he was going to mug us or something) and stabbed him in the stomach. Then I realised who it was and was all 'oh no!'.

Yeah.
Izzy
I too had a dream where I met one of my internet buddies. I was at his house, and we were hanging out, and then I asked to see where his dog Kodi was. And he was just about the cutest dog ever. All fluffy and cute, and snuggable.

So that led to another dream where I had a dog. He was out in our garden (completely different from the way it looks irl), and I noticed he only had 3 legs. I started blaming the neighbors dog on chewing it off and hurting him and stuff, so I put my dog on my head, and carried him to the neighbor's house like that. I started telling them off for having a stupid, vicious dog, but they were really defensive.

And that led to another dream (or maybe a continuation of the one before this) where I was in my guitar lesson, just learning random cool riffs and complaining to the teacher about how stupid the neighbor's dog was.
Pixelgoth
I have the toilet dream all the time. I am hunting and hunting for one and then when I find one the walls are really thin or the cubicle shrinks or basically I'm exposed to all these people while I'm doing the deed! sad.gif

I had a dream the other night that I had a ghost attached to me and I had to learn to sense and then see it. It was really spooky but also cool smile.gif

What does that mean Leo?? wink.gif
EvilSpork
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 25 2008, 08:18 AM) *
I have the toilet dream all the time. I am hunting and hunting for one and then when I find one the walls are really thin or the cubicle shrinks or basically I'm exposed to all these people while I'm doing the deed! sad.gif

What in your life is making you feel vulnerable and/or that your privacy is being invaded?
patback87
I've been having several dreams about my apartment getting broken into and then I'll wake up and the only way to get myself to feel better and go back to sleep is to actually go to my door and double check and make sure I deadbolted it, even though I always check it before I go to bed anyway. I don't know if it's just me being afraid of my apartment getting broken into, like my last apartment. My friend was just telling me the other day about her dream of her bike getting stolen, which is her main way of transportation, she kind of despise the CTA.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Jul 25 2008, 04:02 PM) *
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 25 2008, 08:18 AM) *

What in your life is making you feel vulnerable and/or that your privacy is being invaded?

How long have you got?!? rolleyes.gif

Seriously, though, there's lots of stuff making me feel vunerable at the moment so I'm guessing that's the reason.

Doesn't explain the ghost thing! blink.gif
voices_in_my_head
Zombie attack!
okay so they weren't really zombies. It was some sort of zombie-like virus that was passed on by the "infected" biting others. Except instead of becoming the living dead, you were still a normal human with the exception of your main goal in life being tracking down the "unchanged" ones.

But basically it was only happening in the US, so they had everyone going to the nearest highschool so they could load us all onto planes and ship us off until it was all delt with. However, my boyfriend realised that this was only a trick to trap people!

So naturally, the only safe place we can find is the New Mexico Airforce base. Halfway there I realise my boyfriend has dissapered, and I text him asking if he's okay and where the hell he dissapered to. When we get to the base it's been taken over and is now "evil" too, so we hit the gas and start going up the New Mexico moutains. On the way up, the evil people notice that we aren't like them, and begin swerving their cars trying to drive us off the road.
Finally, we find a church where many of the survivors have taken refuge. It's full of food, still has electricity, and everything. Boyfriend finally text me back saying "Oh thanks for leaving me at the F***ing gasstation...You wuss."

....Time to cut back on the movies, I think.
Izzy
Had a weird one too nights ago. Kinda blurry. Basically something to do with two teams, my team, and an evil team. And we had to kill each other. It started out as dodgeball I think, and every time we killed the other team, they would just reappear, but harder with different weapons. So on the final "level" their weapons were like these ninja stars, with sharp knifey edges, but the center part looked like it was made from a cereal box. And we had CDs. And we were losing terribly. And then the place started flooding (my cousin's backyard, which is huuuge), so I sneak up behind the captain of the other team, grab her dress, and like drown her. So I'm all "Cool, 2 kills, no one else has done anything, totally gonna be MPV because of this!"

And then something about being at school, but the stupid bus driver getting lost, so we're going all over Florida to cities that don't exist. And we stopped in Emo City for some food, but it wasn't Emo. It was all.. like the walls had graffiti all over them and stuff. And then something else about CDs.
Izzy
Another 5 or so dreams last night. All very strange.

The first was looking at more houses and just arguing over rooms and stuff. Not too different to real life.

The second, I was with my cousin, but I was a boy. Or at least I think I was a boy, 'cos I had a boy-part. So I tell him, and he doesn't believe me. And then he starts touching it, to make sure it's real and stuff, like flicking the balls and squeezing and all that. So.. gay incest action (which I'm against btw. The incest, not the gay.) . And then his mom comes home, so we're like 'Oh sh*t, no where to hide!', so we decided on hiding behind the laundry basket in his parents' bathroom. So finds us immediately (not doing anything, just hiding), tells us to get out, and that we're grounded.

The third/continuation of the second was us trying to get on the computer after we got grounded. It needed 3 passwords, one to turn the screen on, one to log into an account, and one to open the Internet browser. We guessed the first, and for some reason I had admin privileges on his computer, so the second two were mine. But we kept mis typing them and stuff.

Then I was with Eli, inside a computer game I think, or some real-life version of it. We were walking around killing mages and archers and stuff, got bored, and found this room full of kids, and one kid being Knighted by Zeus, who looked like Santa. I decide I want to be knighted too, and try to figure out how. I keep poking Eli to help me, but I notice whenever I poke him (which I guess was like right-clicking), a black and white message appears on his skin that says "Krown" (Crown. But with a K, no idea why). So I select Krown, click on it, and then Zeus appears and gives him a message, telling him what's going to happen and stuff. I'm just talking to Zeus, who told us to call him God, while Eli's reading, and it was all pretty vague. Eli finishes, gets knighted, keeps poking me, but every time he poked me, a different message would come up. Finally "Krown" did, so he clicked it, God came back, gave him a message and me a message I could only look at for a sec. Disappeared not knighting me.

And then Eli and I were suddenly at school. But the classrooms weren't the way they normally are, instead it was like a house. With a kitchen and everything, not very big, but definitely bigger than a classroom. Cohen was teaching it, and it's 10 or so of us trying to do math (haha, Mr Cohen never stops telling us how much he sucks at maths), but totally distracted by video games and food and stuff. And then there's a message over the intercom, telling us to go to Code Red because of two people walking around the campus with guns dressed as police people trying to kill all the Jews (Must say now that I'm VERY MUCH AGAINST this. My dreams are just weird, I have nothing whatsoever against Jews). I wasn't really paying attention to the intercom, so I'm wondering why half the class is freaking out. So Mr Cohen explains it, and now everyone's just like quite, and sitting on the floor and stuff, not talking, hardly looking up. The Jews (who I have no idea if they ever are Jewish in real life. Except for Jenna) were all in the kitchen, cuddling each other in sleeping bags. I was just sitting against the couch, facing the door. There were a few people on the other side of the, just laying on the floor. One kid was by the front door, laying down looking through the peak hole at the bottom (...), telling us if anyone was coming. Cohen was just strolling around, being a teacher, telling everyone to be calm and stuff. Then the intercom comes on again, telling us the classrooms they've been to already, a list of the dead, and that CPR isn't helping much. Now this one girl is really freaking out, 'cos they got her sister. And then there's a knock on the door. Of course we don't open, and I'm standing up now, at the end of the hallway where the front door is, and now the "police" magically have keys, open the door, and walk in. The man walks in first, looks at me standing there, says "Excuse me", I move, and they walk into the kitchen. They take Jenna first, pick her up by her neck, calm her down, snap her neck, give her a kiss, and throw her into the hallway.

Then I woke up sweating and hot and stuff. It was... really scary. Anyone feel free to interpret that last one. It's really freaking me out.
elphaba2
I had a super-inventive dream the other night, where everything from doorknobs to posters on the walls were elaborate and exact. I was with friends and cousins in a smoky little jazz club that was composed of bits and pieces of all of my favorite smoky little places, listening to music that mashed up all of my favorite things. Emily Haines's voice graveling over Thelonious-type piano was one that stuck out. Great blends. I made friends with the bartender and bought outrageously-priced drinks and put it all on my debit card. I woke up stricken, wondering if my parents would find out.
Daria
I had a dream last night that Wytu and I got on a plane to New York to pick up the keys to my new place. When we were there, I tried calling you (Elphaba) but your voicemail was on and you had left a message telling us to have fun (the voicemail was actually a picture, but dream physics doesn't bode well when you try to explain things to others). When we were wandering about the city, I was chatting to Monty and thinking to myself about whether I has jetlag. And then I realised that I was moving to Scotland and not New York and started to worry about whether I would be late in getting to Aberdeen to actually pick up the keys (I am actually going there to pick them up on Thursday). And then we went to a fair and I found some very fake looking severed hands and feet in an icecream freezer.

Fun times!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jul 26 2008, 11:10 PM) *
Zombie attack!

Zombies and vampires are supposed to signify the dreamer is going through MAJOR emotional upheaval?! unsure.gif
Izzy
I was like some magician in training or something. And there was lots of biking to the YMCA, running away from bad guys, and me not eating dinner because I was trying to levitate things and slide them across the table. Once I actually levitated the object too well, and it shot up and hit the ceiling.
Yannick
I like this thread, and dream a lot, so expect a bump every now and then.

Last night was some Harry Potter/Star Wars/Ender's Game type dream. I was in this school, which was Hogwarts Star Wars Battlefront style. Everyone was wearing football t-shirts with his/her last and year written on the back. I wasn't supposed to be in the school for some reason, so I had to find somebody to knock out and their t-shirt. I found this Year 4 named Bean, and somehow got his shirt on. Then this alarm went off, and all command pilots or something were supposed to go to the hangar and do something. I found it, went, and everyone in the room was much older than me. But apparently I was supposed to be there because they all recognized me. So, this was the Ender's Game part. There were a whole bunch of high-tech virtual spaceship fleets we were commanding from our own really advanced video-game-type ship. I don't know if we won the battle or not, because I got out of the ship, started trying to get out of the doors of the hangar looking for a bathroom, and then my mom woke me up.

It. Was. Awesome.
Daria
Last night I had this horrible dream that my teeth came out. Not one by one, but more like dentures. The top set came out in one piece, and the bottom set came out in two. After they came out, I took them to the bathroom because the top set had this black sooty stuff in, because they were "rotten" (dream logic). I washed them by using a toothbrush and the cold water tap: afterwhich, I then brushed my gums as though they were teeth, and the stuff I spat out had blood and the black sooty stuff mixed up with the toothpaste and water.
All through the dream, I had this weird ... toothy taste in my mouth. Apparently my brain has managed to link some kind of taste with teeth. And it's been stuck with me all day D:
voices_in_my_head
Although I had never had one before I've been having a lot of dreams involving missing teeth lately, too.

In my most recent dream some friends and I were visting other friends (who only existed in the dream), but then my friends and the ones we were visting started ignoring/being very mean to my boyfriend and I, so I suggested we leave to the host's guest house until everyone was ready to go. The guest house was massive and looked like an old-as-hell country house on the outside, but on the inside it was beatiful, and all of the rooms were like a maze. But once we get there my boyfriend starts acting weird, and finally admits he's been cheating on me with a girl I work with (Who, he does know in real life, but who also annoys him veryvery much.)
And then he left me there, and I sat down in shock, and my friends left without me.

sad.gif I hate sad dreams.
Moosh
I had a pretty odd dream last night, which I can only remember snippets of, but they make me want to remember it all:

- someone wrote a program to put in a radio-controlled car to make it automatically follow a cat
- you can achive immortality by inventing a pudding designed to be eaten whilst sitting on the floor
- there was a place in stafford where there's some kind of portal into a back alley in the centre of london

Then that dream stopped and I got a bad dream which mostly involved lots of my friends telling me they were cheating on their boyfriends/girlfriends and then I dreamt that I was being kicked out of university, so I woke up in not a good mood.
Phyllis
I had a weird dream last night. moop and I were visiting my family in the US when I started having some really strong pains. We ended up going to the hospital, where my pediatrician (who lives on the opposite side of the state and is probably retired by now) examined me and said, "Oh, you're in labor." So I have the kid, it's a girl, and unlike most of my dreams about giving birth she's not deformed or of another species. Then it hit me: we're going back to the UK the next day, and the spawn doesn't have a passport. My mother was completely unhelpful and just kept saying "Oh, you can just add her to your passport" even though I repeatedly told her that isn't allowed anymore. She also hovered over me and told me how to do things I already know how to do, like change a diaper.

There was all this drama with proving that the baby was entitled to a US passport. I had to provide two people who had known her for at least two years, which was obviously a problem since she was a freaking newborn. Just before I woke up, moop and I were hatching a plan to smuggle her back to the UK under my shirt. I was kind of annoyed that the alarm went off around that point -- I wanted to see how that plan worked out!
Yannick
I don't remember exactly how it started, but I was in this teacher's car, in the backseat, and Eli was in the passenger seat, and we were all talking to stuff. He was driving us to some restaurant. We started talking about relationships and stuff, and the teacher was like "Oh, one of my old boyfriends...", and Eli and I just stared at each other because he's like married with two kids. There was this awkward silent, so someone said "That's cool" and then we were seated at this table, and Mr Cohen was replaced with Safira. The waitress came around, and gave us menus. But instead of food, they were haircuts. And the "restaurant" also sold cameras. So we all picks out haircuts (Eli a mohawk, Safira some weird thing, and me dreads), and this lady came over and started doing our hair. When she was done, she gave us the bill, and it was like $500. Which freaked us out, so we felt really guilty when we only paid $50 and left. Then we were in a car again, heading to the teachers apart (apparently he was a single guy with a bachelor pad?), and I woke up.
LoLo
George W. decided that he wanted to eat dinosaurs, but since they are extinct he was having problems. So to remedy this, he starts extracting them from the Labreah tar pits in L.A. and had a dino bbq.
voices_in_my_head
Lolo, that sounds like a comedy sketch of some sort. Like, from back when mad tv was still entertaining. (Did I grow up or did they just start sucking?)

I keep having these really sad dreams. And if they're not sad, I wake up feeling like something about them should have been sad or upsetting.

Last night in my dream I made a huge dinner with my mom - like, a three or four course meal, and we were back in the kitchen at my old house, and I was making gingerbread houses with her and my sister for desert, like we used to there around Christmas. And finally this meal is prepared and everybody sits down - dad, sister, grandma, mom, all my friends and my boyfriend...but everytime i look back up from my plate one more person is gone until it is just me there, and their food is gone, too, as if they'd all eaten in the time it took me to just glance. After looking around for them, I find them in the back yard, sitting in lawn chairs and chatting. They all glance up when I walk out there, but turn back to each other and continue the conversation like nothing had happened.

gah. I need happy dreams, dude.
MisterJ
A day or two ago I did sortof remember a little bit of my dream, which usually doesn't happen but anyway, when logging into my pc I usually have a selection of two logins: Jedediah and Guest. But in my dream I went to login and I had like 15 different accounts.
Okay I admit not very exiting, but at least it's something!
Yannick
I only vaguely remember this one because I kept waking up and falling back asleep.

Eli and I were kidnapped by these Japanese assassins, and we were supposed to be their apprentices. They took us to their house, but it was like this huge mansion. We should have spent our time trying to break out and stuff, but we were too busy in the game room and *huge* pool with a natural rock climbing wall and waterfall.

I love dreams. They're just so fun.
spiffilicious05
Normally I have the same few dreams over and over again but the past week or so I've had the most messed up dreams ever!!
The dreams include slow moving zombies trying to eat me as I am on my way to practice, flying (and very scary) skeletons with sabres trying to kill me, cannibals in a jungle trying to eat me alive, and some crazy militant regime that sent all their men after me and a few friends to kill us....

The thing is I haven't been watching any crazy movies or reading any crazy stories and my life is pretty much the same as it has been for ages now....the dreams are getting to be a bit much!
Yannick
I meant to post in here like a week ago, but I forgot.

I had this insane Mythbusters dream. Like, there was a huge, huge building, pretty much like the Orlando Science Center. But, it wasn't all sciency (well... it was), but it was all like MythBustersy. Like, everything they've ever done, and experiments you can do yourself, and creepy hallways with purple lights. And like, it was in the future, and Adam and Jayme's heads were in glass jars like the famous people from Futurama. Overall, really cool dream.
voices_in_my_head
In real life, my oldest friend drives an '73 volkswagon beetle. Because she loves it so much, she parks in the parking lot furthest away from the school if she can. Last night, I dreamed that I left the school to go to lunch, walked across all three parking lots to get to her, where she was sitting in the driver's seat, talking to my boyfriend through the window. They were both smoking (Which, he actually does, she would never even *think* about it) and were in a pretty apathetic sort of mood. I asked her if I could bum a ciggerette, which she just rolled her eyes at, and said that she was on her last one. Boyfriend then offered me his jacket, since I was apparently shivering.

It was so random I don't know what to make of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.