Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1st of April
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Izzy
I ... Just realized it's April Fools. Just! *whines because half the day is wasted with no pranks pulled*

Might prank call my mom in a bit and tell her the cat died. Or something.

What've you guys done?
dancing hamster guy
Well, a workmate crashed his car at the weekend and totally wrote it off. So I was going to ring him up as his insurance company and tell him he wasn't covered.

Unfortunately, I arrive at work this morning, and it turns out he isn't covered after all.

Damn him spoiling my fun! sad.gif
Smiler
I've not seen any really, I don't watch morning TV and can't get/read papers before work sad.gif
I think the Breakfast show DJs were having a laugh though, kept on saying they were live on a flight in the new airbus plane thingy... not sure if that was a leg pull ???
I_am_the_best
So reading webcomics was a trek.
Moosh
I liked what http://uk.youtube.com did, and the BBC's one, but other than that I haven't seen anything good this year.
vicrawr
I contemplated stealing my Grandma. But that would've caused a lot more trouble than funny. So, I did nothing. But the day is young. I have 7 hours left. I'm sure I'll think of something.
MistressAlti
Anyone been Rickrolled yet?

If not, go to Youtube, and click any of the videos on the front page... biggrin.gif
Mata
The BBC's one is adorable, and my gf was really completely with it right until they hit the rainforests:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/epeng001.shtml (in case you haven't seen it... Although the link might be grumpy for non-UK people).
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Apr 1 2008, 06:31 PM) *
So reading webcomics was a trek.

haha yeah, I was really confused when I went to see if todays dinosaur comic was up and ended up at xkcd. I thought I'd somehow clicked the wrong bookmark unsure.gif
michael1384
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 1 2008, 11:49 PM) *
The BBC's one is adorable, and my gf was really completely with it right until they hit the rainforests:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/epeng001.shtml (in case you haven't seen it... Although the link might be grumpy for non-UK people).

Saw that on breakfast TV this morning, along with ice skating greyhounds.
gothictheysay
I thought the webcomics one was really clever!

I didn't do anything, but at my school someone thought it would be funny to draw a giant phallus in blue chalk on the front steps. Fortunately, it was raining. A couple teachers got Caution tape over their doors (a lot of it) and I think someone threw a waterballoon first period. I wasn't feeling well this year, so I didn't do anything.
Mata
I ended up going through Questionable Content's 'you might also like these' list of comics to make sure that I read all my regulars. The fiends!
Ashbless
Where did you find Questionable content? My link switched me to some dinosaur comic.

Kingdom of Loathing has become Kingdom of Salad. smile.gif

I work in two different pharmacies so I wore my nametag from the other store to work today. The store owner saw the nametag and just smiled quietly - never said a word. I've a good boss. He's got a fairly good sense of humour as long as the customers are being well looked after.
DarkInferno
its on xkcd wink.gif
voices_in_my_head
Anyone else notice what DevArt did for the holiday?

As for me it was a sorta sick day so I missed any opurtunities for April Fool's jokes. Next year, maybe.
vicrawr
Yeah, apparently everyone really liked mudkips.

I'm so glad that I'm old enough to have missed that joke.
Smiler
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Apr 1 2008, 10:31 PM) *
Anyone been Rickrolled yet?

If not, go to Youtube, and click any of the videos on the front page... biggrin.gif

Yeah it went around the office now you mention it... twice in fact... by the same guy. Troubl eis he does bits like that quite often so we didn't really count it
Mata
Isohunt had Rick on their main page - just embedded straight on it with the message 'haha you've been rickrolled'. I think they may have missed the point of the exercise, you're supposed to trick someone into clicking a link to Rick, not just slam it into their face!
Smiler
Apparently Rick Astley, the one and only, has been benefited quite a bit from all this RickRolling thing... unless this too was an April fool, but I heard it today...
LoLo
I told various people I was pregnant and it was theirs. My mom wasn't fooled.
DarkInferno
You've been seeing your mom behind my back? how very dare you.
LoLo
QUOTE (DarkInferno @ Apr 2 2008, 10:17 AM) *
You've been seeing your mom behind my back? how very dare you.

No I'm not...April fools.

(yes I realize it's a day late.)
Mata
Now that's a way to really trick people: do your April fool's jokes on the 2nd! They won't see that coming.
{Gothic Angel}
I foiled the webcomics one by not being a regular enough reader. If you hit previous comic it took you back to the right page, whilst still having you on the url for the other comic >.>
Izzy
I'm annoyed at people that don't celebrate April Fool's but decide to use that day to tell you something really important.

...*Is not mean for giggling*

Also, called mom at work and told her the cat vomited all over her bed. First year she believed me!
SPEAKERfortheLOST
So this year my roomie and a friend really got me good...

HERE are pictures...

I am very impressed...

The pictures don't even do it justice...
voices_in_my_head
I'll admit. I dig the post-it labeling the post-it.
Smiler
That is awesome!!! The time it must have taken! LMAO.

Last year my friend's roomie filled his bedroom with balloons. There were hundreds. They shut my friend in and he had to pop his way out to find the key.
Daria
Well, my April 1st was very serious, and sucked bum.
I was woken up by a call at 6am (ish) by one of our US employees, saying that someone had lost their net connection and could I help find shift cover please?
I sorted everything out, finished by about 7:30am. Decided that I would be too tired to teach my lesson at 11:30am, so texted the organiser with apologies and went back to sleep. (Tuesdays are my lie-in day.) As I wouldn't be teaching, I could sleep until 2pm, and start work at 3pm.
Got a call at half nine, asking me if I had sent out a press release for this thing I was meant to send out. My answer "No. I was asleep".
So I spent the next two hours e-mailing journalists etc etc.
Went back to sleep.
Was woken up by a call at about 12 noon, by one of our Spanish UK employees, asking when he would be paid and also that he had lost his net connection. sleep.gif
So I went online, made sure that all his shifts were covered (he didn't actually have any shifts for that day) and by that time I only really had time to have some lunch and then start work at 3pm.

The line from Clerks "I'm not even supposed to BE here today!" came to mind, frequently.

So yeah. My start to the month was far from fun and games!
Moosh
Speaker, that is genius. I am in awe of your roommate and friend. I especially like the ones where the wall was just labeled "Brick" "Brick" "Brick"...
MistressAlti
QUOTE (SPEAKERfortheLOST @ Apr 2 2008, 05:47 PM) *
So this year my roomie and a friend really got me good...

HERE are pictures...

I am very impressed...

The pictures don't even do it justice...

Hahaha! My senior class did that to the common lounge at our Academy for a prank. We even labeled the air in various parts of the room... "oxygen", "nitrogen", "carbon dioxide". Nerds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.