Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Couple fights over which gang their child should join
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > The Issues Forum
Calantyr
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/15851...il.html?taf=den

Basicy, a couple are having domestic issues over which rival gang their child should join when he's older. Shouldn't they, I don't know, be trying to give the kid a better chance in life than joining a street gang? Just saying...

As time goes on I get more and more convinced that potential parents should pass an aptitude test before breeding...
Pikasyuu
But, it'll never happen. It encroaches on peoples' civil liberties, and their right to have whatever with whoever whenever and make whatever comes out of it. We will still continue to have children who rise above their surroundings, children who succumb to them, and children whose parents aren't arguing over which gang they ought to be in.

Still very appalling.

You have to be twenty one to drink, but you can make as many new human lives as you want..

>_>
spiffilicious05
QUOTE (syuu @ May 5 2008, 04:22 AM) *
But, it'll never happen. It encroaches on peoples' civil liberties, and their right to have whatever with whoever whenever and make whatever comes out of it. We will still continue to have children who rise above their surroundings, children who succumb to them, and children whose parents aren't arguing over which gang they ought to be in.

Still very appalling.

You have to be twenty one to drink, but you can make as many new human lives as you want..

>_>

Amen.

I can't believe that people could even think about having children and bringing them into a world of violence. I love kids, I want a big family - but I lean more towards adopting for that purpose.

Has anyone seen the mother/daughter pageant show being aired right now? The daughters are wearing so much make up that it couldn't be removed with a soldering iron. Forcing children to do something at the interest of the parent and not the child is just wrong.
Pikasyuu
That's another thing that seems to irritate the general populace. It's a shame that there aren't more laws about what you can and can't do with your children or have them do, but I assume it's because there's too much grey area. They don't want to make mothers or fathers feel completely alienated and unable to control any aspect of their children's lives, but yes, stage parents are very frowned on because what they're doing usually looks..well, disturbing.

For example on how that could backfire, though, say a father wants his daughter to go to a Catholic school or a private school or something along those lines, but the child cries "force" and tries to compare it to being..forced on stage or something like that, I guess. There's very little way to interfere in the lives of families and how parents think their children's lives should go up until they're legal age without upsetting some kind of balance. Because of that, we get to deal with people who stay just within the law - stage parents, and of course, parents who argue over which organized crime syndicate their kid will eventually join.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.