Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have a Hula Hoop!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Faerieryn
Well I've texted and faebooked most people on here any way but some of you are being particulalry stupid and not doing the whole face book thing so I'll let you know here too. Matt asked me to marry him on Friday night. Surprisingly enough I said yes and I am now happily bouncing around like Tigger on Speed!

So that is the news...
Pikasyuu
!!!

Congrats! *joins in the hopping like Tigger on Speed*
spiffilicious05
=D Awesome!!!
Moosh
That's awesome and a half!

Congratulations you two biggrin.gif
Cath Sparrow
*joins in the bounceing*
Gratz to you both. /hugs
LoLo
Yay congrats!
Daria
Congratulations to you both! Much love and happiness for the future smile.gif
elphaba2
Congrats!

(hula hoop?)
voices_in_my_head
eee awesomely awesome!

Go y'all! biggrin.gif
Ashbless
Congratulations! Many, many years of happyness to both of you.
Mata
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ May 12 2008, 02:21 AM) *
(hula hoop?)

As in the engagement ring.

I said it by text, but congrats again guys. I have rarely met such a wonderfully matched couple of lovely people.
Izzy
Congratz guys!!!!!

Out of curiousity, did you two meet on here?
monkey_called_narth
CongratZ!

I hope everything is lovely.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Aww, that's awesome. Another happy couple. smile.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Schweeeeeeet. All the best for the big day and beyond!

Got any vacancies for bridesmaids? I look rather fetching with a spot of purple lippy, as I'm sure syuu will attest.
Moosh
snoo can't get on matazone but says Congratulations to you two! biggrin.gif
Smiler
Thank you to you all (this is Ryn by the way, just noticed!)

We met at university 8 years ago but we've been dating for 3.

The hula hoop reference is because I told Matt that I'd be happy with a hula hoop!
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ May 12 2008, 12:34 PM) *
Schweeeeeeet. All the best for the big day and beyond!

Got any vacancies for bridesmaids? I look rather fetching with a spot of purple lippy, as I'm sure syuu will attest.

it's true - InKy does make a very pretty lady. (and man, too!)
Cath Sparrow
If Inky has any thing close to a chance of being a Bridesmaid he'll have to fight me off first. tongue.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Cath @ May 13 2008, 12:11 PM) *
If Inky has any thing close to a chance of being a Bridesmaid he'll have to fight me off first. tongue.gif

*shrug*

Sounds like a way to pass the time. So, mud wrestling or jam wrestling?
Cath Sparrow
I think it'd have to be jam. Mud's just to clique. Bikini's or normal clothing? biggrin.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Cath @ May 13 2008, 12:21 PM) *
I think it'd have to be jam. Mud's just to clique. Bikini's or normal clothing? biggrin.gif

Togas. Or would they drag in the jam too much?

My only worry about bikinis is that I don't want to be picking fruit bits out of my bum cleft for weeks to follow...
Cath Sparrow
Togas could work but I'm not sure it'd help with the fruit bit's that much.
Mata
And there we have it folks: from wedding announcements to picking jam from your bum cleft in only 22 posts. That's a new world record!
Ashbless
*drags topic back from the admittedly intriguing bum clefts*

When is the date of the wedding? Any thoughts as to theme, colours, location?

That you'd be willing to post on an unsecured forum with people with wild senses of humour. Hmmm. unsure.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Ashbless @ May 13 2008, 03:40 PM) *
intriguing bum clefts

Should I be flattered? I've been walking to work every day for the past year, so I could probably crack walnuts with it now. Not that I'd want to. Not after last Christmas...

But yes, more details on the upcoming weddage, please. After having one myself, I've become rather interested in the ins and outs of other people's, so rest assured that no detail is too insignificant to be stated. Flowers! Dresses! Place settings! Speeches! I want it all!!!
leopold
Holy cow! I just wandered in here to find people bouncing around like Tigger on speed, and some people mud wrestling in jam and wearing togas. And the sight of Inky in purple lippy and a bridesmaid frock picking jam out of his butt cleavage is provoking the old gag reflex. Back to the jam wrestling, methinks...

Oh, no, hang on, stop that Leo! You're here for a reason!

Congrats to you both on your forthcoming nuptials. I've not met either of you but if Mata reckons you're well suited then that's good enough for me. I hope you have a long and happy life together and have beautiful kids who make you proud and don't end up on a forum wrestling in jam and cracking walnuts with their bottoms.

Ewww, time for a mental emetic to get rid of that image...
{Gothic Angel}
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Congratulations! You have to have a LARP wedding wink.gif

Edit:

Jen says:
ZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMG!!!
Jen says:
There will be smiley faeries EVERYWHERE!
James says:
YAY!!!!!
James says:
why?
Jen says:
Ryn? Smiler?
James says:
ooooh right
James says:
get with the news Jennicle
James says:
everyone's been excited about that for aaahges
Jen says:
Yeah well
Jen says:
I'm out of the loop tongue.gif
James says:
aww
James says:
ryn is like one of my favourite small people
James says:
it's like awesome and a half that they're getting married
Jen says:
happy.gif Innit?
James says:
matt is also quite short
James says:
they should have TINY ELF BABIES
James says:
they'd be even smaller than you
James says:
it'd be wild
Mata
TINY ELF BABIES

They are both quite small...
Phyllis
I know I'm late, but congrats you two! biggrin.gif I got the text early in the morning when we were in West Yellowstone, and would have responded then if my stupid phone would have let me.

You could take bets on the jam wrestling and use the profits to pay for the wedding...
froggle-rock
I must admit, whilst lurking in IRC a little while back someone mentioned this. Congrats, I'm really happy for you both. biggrin.gif *bounce*
Smiler
QUOTE (Mata @ May 15 2008, 01:22 PM) *
TINY ELF BABIES

They are both quite small...

Yes, but perfectly formed... well apart from the tail but I don't speak of this.

And any bum cleft exposing must wait until AFTER the ceremony!!1

oh dear...

Cheers guys
Faerieryn
Now that the engagement gooeyness is wearing off I am heading towards the blind not so much panic as get it organised quick so I don't have to worry about it. And so I thought who could I ask for their advice on all things weddingly and stuff.

Naturally my thoughts turned to my wonderful web friends who have never steered me wrong. So... Any ideas for really cool wedding stuff? Ladies and gentlemen, regardless of whether you ever intend on getting married, this does give you licence to look at frilly dressy things online and tell me about them. I want my wedding to be the cheapest thing I can possibly imagine whilst still being able to invite tons of people so imagine away!!!!!
froggle-rock
I was reckoning a while ago that if and when, I would have a picnic reception. Summer time, ,choose a park, after the wedding. Bring as much as you'll eat and share.

With regards to all the other weddingy stuff *meep*

A friend of mine got married in crumbled up, disused church, and hired the adjacent field for everyone to camp in. Bon fire, food, drink all were merry.

What things exactly are you thinking about? invites? thank you's? cake? reception decorations?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Like Moosh kindly passed on from me: UBER CONGRATUMALATIONS!!!

With regards to wedding stuff are you going to be editing the vows?

Froggies suggestion of a picnic sounds awesome... getting grass stains on your wedding dress (if you know what I mean wink.gif )
Smiler
Would love to do the picnic- that was my original plan actually. I am getting married during a half term though, so if the weather is bad other arangements will need to be made and if the weather is good I will be picnicking in the middle of a kid's football match!

This is the wedding dress I'm looking at so far. It is gorgeous and cheap!

Any thoughts?

And I have just noticed that I have logged on as Matt- HE won't be wearing a wedding dress- unless he truely wants to!
Izzy
It's pretty!

I reccomend this: http://lina-lee.com/blog/wp-images/upload/...dding_dress.jpg

Not seriously though. tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
So do we have anything close to a date yet? tongue.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Ryn, that dress looks gorgeous!
Industrial Kybosh
Oooh... Classy garment, with what appear to be magical cleavage-enhancing properties. Never a bad thing...

Izzy's suggestions also have merit. Very mardi gras. Me likey.
Daria
Ryn, that dress would suit you so well happy.gif
{Gothic Angel}
Sooo pretty dress! Can we push Teal and Orange as a colour scheme again?
Faerieryn
Looking at the last Friday or Saturday of May next year- I have to go talk to the Vicar first though- I know, I know I'm not EXACTLY the prime example of Christianity I could be but it is the church I was baptised in... and I don't have aproblem with faith it's just religion that kind of confuzzles me... and I NEED to have singing at my wedding! I went to church on Sunday last week anyway, it was very cool- they threw porridge oats at everyone! Methodists are so cool!

Would love orange and Teal but I think that purple and lilac are more my colours!
Cath Sparrow
Yay! Next year! (I should be able to afford stuff by next year)
The dress is fab and very you. It reminds me a little of the one you were wearing at my 30th.
Faerieryn
hmmm. You have to come down by the way. My hen night is going to be... wait for it... PIRATES!!!!!!!!! (my sister's idea- not mine!)
Smiler
QUOTE (Cath @ May 31 2008, 11:50 AM) *
Yay! Next year! (I should be able to afford stuff by next year)
The dress is fab and very you. It reminds me a little of the one you were wearing at my 30th.

oo oo oo I am NOT wearing tights again wink.gif
Cath Sparrow
Damn it but you looked sooo good! wink.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (Smiler @ May 28 2008, 02:15 AM) *
And I have just noticed that I have logged on as Matt- HE won't be wearing a wedding dress- unless he truely wants to!

but.....but.....but that would be one memorable wedding. laugh.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ May 30 2008, 02:27 PM) *
Can we push Teal and Orange as a colour scheme again?

You kids with your crazy teal and orange. tongue.gif

That is such a pretty dress, Ryn! I agree with Cath, it's very you.

Also, every time I read the title of this thread I get a Chipmunks song stuck in my head! Chriiistmas, Christmas time is here, time for joy and time for cheer...blah blah...me I want a huuuula hoooop. I was singing it around the house this morning and wondering WHY I kept thinking of that stupid song. Now I've figured it out. *shakes a fist* tongue.gif
Smiler
Oo oo oo I want ring bearing talking chipmunks!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.