Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Annoying Celebs in a box
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Raven-Mad
For those of you who have read Rihanna. Do we ban her, we have decided to get a very big useful box and put her in along with other annoying celebs.

So the question is:

Who would you put in the box? and Why?

I Would have to put Amy Winehouse in, I find her lack of common sense annoying, along with this stupid drug taking!!. Lock her away!!
Daria
QUOTE (Raven-Mad @ Jul 8 2008, 05:14 PM) *
For those of you who have read Rihanna. Do we ban her, we have decided to get a very big useful box and put her in along with other annoying celebs.

So the question is:

Who would you put in the box? and Why?

I Would have to put Amy Winehouse in, I find her lack of common sense annoying, along with this stupid drug taking!!. Lock her away!!

I dunno. I think that she is saved if only for her response to Simon Amstell on Never Mind The Buzzcocks of "I'd rarver 'ave cat aids".

/spam?
LoLo
Paris Hilton...do I really need to say why?
leopold
Damn! I was going to say her! But no explanation necessary on that one, I'd say that anyone who needs one has had their head in a bag for the last half decade. And I'd say that, by association, Nicole Richie has to go in there too. Two poor ickle rich girls finding life tough because daddy won't buy them another Maybach. Tsk.

As a matter of interest, Raven, just how big is this box? I'd be inclined to chuck Jade Goody in there but she might fill it on her own.
Pikasyuu
Jennifer. Lopez.
leopold
I've noticed that there seems to be a general theme for the boxing of certain celebs - they are all females.

How sexist! mad.gif

So I hereby nominate Pete Docherty for the box. Why? Because he is a talentless tosspot with a propensity for epic drugtaking and being sponsored by Kate Moss.
Industrial Kybosh
Agreement for the most part so far. I've never understood why people think that Lopez is sexy (very manly in the face...) and Doherty is talented, so send 'em boxward.

I'd nominate Robbie Williams to be put in the box for being a major musical irritant, but I'd rather put him in a bag, and put the bag in a canal.
Mata
On the scale of things, given all the possible musical irritants, I don't think Robbie Williams is that bad. I wouldn't ever voluntarily put one of his albums on, but I'd far rather put someone like 50 Cent in there. I could probably put most rappers in there, with the exception of Dr Dre, who is probably the biggest reason that modern rap artists can sometimes sound good.

I'd put two-thirds of the bands that have ever appeared as an 'EA Trax' into the box - it's usually bland, whiney, American rawk of the most tedious kind.
Raven-Mad
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 9 2008, 09:26 AM) *
As a matter of interest, Raven, just how big is this box? I'd be inclined to chuck Jade Goody in there but she might fill it on her own.

It's a very big box, you could easily get about 100 people in it, not like we want them to be breathing.

Our list of the top 100 celebs in a box (So Far)

1) Rihanna
2) Amy Winehouse
3)Paris Hilton
4)Jade Goody
5)Nicole Richie
6)Jennifer Lopez
7)Pete Docherty
8)Kate Moss
9)Robbie Williams
10)50 Cent
11) Jamie Hince (for the crime of dating Kate Moss!!)

Copy and paste so far and add your own....
leopold
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 9 2008, 12:52 PM) *
I'd nominate Robbie Williams to be put in the box for being a major musical irritant, but I'd rather put him in a bag, and put the bag in a canal.

Thinking about it, he's not been around a while. You sure you've not done that already, Inky? Eh? You sure? You sure he's not in the bottom of the Grand Union? Huh?

Anyway, can't believe we've got to number 12 and nobody had this one yet:

12) Whitney "Cheap Like Crack" Houston
LoLo
13.) Gilbert Godfrey
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 9 2008, 02:39 PM) *
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 9 2008, 12:52 PM) *

Thinking about it, he's not been around a while. You sure you've not done that already, Inky? Eh? You sure? You sure he's not in the bottom of the Grand Union? Huh?

You weren't there, you didn't see anything, and you have no evidence.

14) Chris Evans (professional radio irritant, one-time Mr. Billie Piper and fellow Warringtonian - prize arse-head)
michael1384
Peirs Morgan. I don't know why but I just find him so annoying.
hinsley
Maybe we should keep Amy winehouse out of the box for a while as she is currently dying of emphysema. biggrin.gif i know its her own fault for smoking all that crack but you gotta feel a little sorry for her no?

and pete doherty... although i dont paticularly like him he is a rather nice person when hes not on the drugs. i even saw him buy someone a pint at The Sun. now come on, hes obviously ok! Though he likes cats... no put him in the box. liking cats is not acceptable. happy.gif

and yes, piers morgan does my head in too. its the 'im so much better than you' voice he uses in all his interviews i think.
Izzy
Hannah Montana. If anything, for her own safety so she doesn't become the next Paris Hilton/Lindsy Lohan/Olsen twin/...
Pikasyuu
Bobby Brown and Kevin Federline - both reasonable, neither need explaining at length.
Daria
QUOTE (hinsley @ Jul 9 2008, 06:35 PM) *
liking cats is not acceptable. happy.gif

gtfo tongue.gif

/SPAM!
hinsley
QUOTE (Daria @ Jul 10 2008, 01:07 AM) *

liking cats is not acceptable. happy.gif

gtfo tongue.gif

/SPAM!

lol im sorry! i actually think cats are wonderfully cute and all. but 2 things...

1, im highly allergic.

and 2, if you have the choice between a dog or a cat WHY would you choose a cat? i just dont get it. lol sorry but i jsut find dogs so much more awesome.

and 3( i know i said 2) Cats are wierd. watch the film 'the cat returns' and tell me they're not wierd. now 'all dogs go to heaven'... thats a film.

and i always seem to get on better with dog people... maybe cause im a dog person... i dunno.

so to get back on topic and all... biggrin.gif i think we should put celine dion in a box... with scorpions.
voices_in_my_head
First off, Lolo, you are my hero for saying Gilbert Godfrey. Possibly the most annoying human ever.
C'mon guys!

Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, jessica simpson, Rosie o'donnel, Zac Effron?
leopold
QUOTE (Izzy @ Jul 10 2008, 12:44 AM) *
...Lindsy Lohan...

QUOTE (syuu @ Jul 10 2008, 12:48 AM) *
Bobby Brown and Kevin Federline - both reasonable, neither need explaining at length.

Good calls, all. Must admit I'd missed the diva and douchebag elements.

While I'm here, I'd also like to add Heather Mills. The only saving grace is that she shot herself in her one remaining foot when trying to screw Paul McCartney. biggrin.gif
froggle-rock
Would Maggie Thatcher count? I remember being really annoyed and upset that she stopped milk breaks at school.
hinsley
Kerry Katona.
Mel Gibson.

I dont really need to explain, do i?
Raven-Mad
1) Rihanna
2) Amy Winehouse
3)Paris Hilton
4)Jade Goody
5)Nicole Richie
6)Jennifer Lopez
7)Pete Docherty
8)Kate Moss
9)Robbie Williams
10)50 Cent
13.) Gilbert Godfrey
14) Chris Evans (professional radio irritant, one-time Mr. Billie Piper and fellow Warringtonian - prize arse-head)
15) Peirs Morgan.
16) Hannah Montana (aka Miley Cirus)
17) Bobby Brown
18) Kevin Federline
19) Britney Spears,
20) Lindsey Lohan,
21) Jessica Simpson,
22) Rosie O'Donnel,
23) Zac Effron
24) Heather Mills
25) Maggie Thatcher (Not really a celeb, but we can squeeze her in)
26) Kerry Katona.
27) Mel Gibson.
28) The Jonas Brothers
29) Flavor Flav

We are getting there soon the world will be rid of these people
Eli
The Jonas Brothers because...they're music sucks..and..yeah thats basically it.
LoLo
Flavor Flav ......... though his idiocy is kind of entertaining.
michael1384
Maybe we should keep Amy winehouse out of the box for a while as she is currently dying of emphysema. biggrin.gif i know its her own fault for smoking all that crack but you gotta feel a little sorry for her no?

and pete doherty... although i dont paticularly like him he is a rather nice person when hes not on the drugs. i even saw him buy someone a pint at The Sun. now come on, hes obviously ok! Though he likes cats... no put him in the box. liking cats is not acceptable. happy.gif

and yes, piers morgan does my head in too. its the 'im so much better than you' voice he uses in all his interviews i think.

I watched Britains Got Talent this year and I just found it so annoying that he actually thaught he knew what he was on about.

Speacking of Britains Got Talent, I would also like to put Amanda Holden in this box. She cries at anything.
hinsley
and she was rubbish in that program about her runnin a hotel in africa... i cant remember what it was called. but she was rubbish.
leopold
Good call on the Holden.

I want to add Jeremy Kyle. His show is now utter pants and an insult to those who watch it.
hinsley
George Bush. biggrin.gif
Raven-Mad
Updated List

1) Rihanna
2) Amy Winehouse
3)Paris Hilton
4)Jade Goody
5)Nicole Richie
6)Jennifer Lopez
7)Pete Docherty
8)Kate Moss
9)Robbie Williams
10)50 Cent
13.) Gilbert Godfrey
15) Peirs Morgan.
17) Bobby Brown
18) Kevin Federline
19) Britney Spears,
20) Lindsey Lohan,
21) Jessica Simpson,
22) Rosie O'Donnel,
23) Zac Effron
24) Heather Mills
26) Kerry Katona.
27) Mel Gibson.
28) Amanda Holden (Tv show was Wilde at Heart)
29) Jeremy Kyle
30) George Bush (Not a celeb either we he can be shoved between Maggie Thatcher and Gordon Brown)
31) Gordon brown
hinsley
Are we going for 100? (i could jsut look but well... ya know)

Richard and Judy. They're so annoying.
might as well chuck Ferne and Philip in there too.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 15 2008, 03:59 PM) *
Jeremy Kyle

I'll see your Kyle and raise you Kilroy.
leopold
QUOTE (hinsley @ Jul 16 2008, 03:36 PM) *
huh.gif What? You can't put Richard and Judy in, they're a national institution! That'd be like putting Ant and Dec in there! Sacrilege! Unless you're watching too much daytime TV, Hins, in which case I can see your point. Okay, bung 'em in, but I'd still question the presence of the Silver Fox in there.

QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 16 2008, 06:49 PM) *
I'll see your Kyle and raise you Kilroy.
A canny move there, my erstwhile opponent! I'll up the ante with Ricky Lake.
Industrial Kybosh
*folds*
leopold
Wuss!

I've still got Montel Jordan, Sally Jessie Raphael and Judge Judy to play yet!
Industrial Kybosh
My knowledge of daytime telly is somewhat diminished of late. Not all of us have the luxury of working from home, y'know. tongue.gif
leopold
What are you saying? huh.gif
Raven-Mad
1) Rihanna
2) Amy Winehouse
3)Paris Hilton
4)Jade Goody
5)Nicole Richie
6)Jennifer Lopez
7)Pete Docherty
8)Kate Moss
9)Robbie Williams
10)50 Cent
13.) Gilbert Godfrey
15) Peirs Morgan.
17) Bobby Brown
18) Kevin Federline
19) Britney Spears,
20) Lindsey Lohan,
21) Jessica Simpson,
22) Rosie O'Donnel,
23) Zac Effron
24) Heather Mills
26) Kerry Katona.
27) Mel Gibson.
28) Amanda Holden (Tv show was Wilde at Heart)
29) Jeremy Kyle
30) George Bush (Not a celeb either we he can be shoved between Maggie Thatcher and Gordon Brown)
31) Gordon brown
32) Richard and Judy (They only count as 1)
33) Ferne and Philip (As do they)
34) Kilroy.
35) Ricky Lake
36) Montel Jordan
37) Sally Jessie Raphael
38) Judge Judy
hinsley
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 17 2008, 10:31 AM) *
QUOTE (hinsley @ Jul 16 2008, 03:36 PM) *
huh.gif What? You can't put Richard and Judy in, they're a national institution! That'd be like putting Ant and Dec in there! Sacrilege! Unless you're watching too much daytime TV, Hins, in which case I can see your point. Okay, bung 'em in, but I'd still question the presence of the Silver Fox in there.

I actually dont watch TV much and i certaintly dont watch them!

but richard makes us all look stupid to all people who see it who arnt british and also becasue we actually let him on the TV. Ok i understand some people find him funny to watch but cant we jsut whack on a comedy instead?

And did you know that Philip doesnt like eggs? I mean he'll eat them as long as he cant see the white of it. thats jsut wierd. and maybe this is becuase we have chickens thus way too many eggs and my mums trying to get people to eat them but i got told you should never trust someone who doesnt like eggs... and bananas. not at the same time.
leopold
He doesn't? Mind, I'm no fan of the white bit if it's not cooked properly, but then frying them becomes a bind because I don't like it when it goes too crispy either.

Still, I suppose he did start the craze of kids TV presenters having puppets. As much as I think Gordon the Gopher was quite funny, he did somewhat lead to the creation of Oucho, who is a pointless (which is quite ironic, considering he's a cactus laugh.gif ) monobrowed creation who doesn't even speak properly. So from that aspect, it's his fault that we've got Ed Petrie. Let's leave him in there. And by that token, let's also chuck Ed and Oucho in there.
LoLo
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 17 2008, 02:34 AM) *
Wuss!

I've still got Montel Jordan, Sally Jessie Raphael and Judge Judy to play yet!

You forgot Dr. Phil.
hinsley
[quote name='leopold' date='Jul 18 2008, 09:40 AM' post='358736'
And by that token, let's also chuck Ed and Oucho in there.
[/quote]

I couldnt think of two more worty people to be slung in there.

how about orville?
leopold
Yes. As long as we put Keith Harris in there with it.
Mata
Everyone involed with making "Erin Brockovich", espcially the script writer. I frankly despised the main character. Whether she was right or not, she was represented as being justified in being arrogant, disrespectful, and openly rude to other people purely because they had more education than her and were aware of legal restrictions. Her confrontations with them were mostly sparked by her attitude that she was better than them because she had 'street smarts'.

If the film was reversed, and it was about a plucky smart person abusing uneducated people then there would have been a lot of angry people out there, but because the people who were being abused were educated that was apparently perfectly acceptable.

People who believe that they have the right to trample over others are a blight on society and shouldn't be glorified through tacking on a working-class-hero badge. If they're a horrible person then I don't give a damn how plucky or perky they are, they shouldn't be held up as unquestionable representations of morality if they are obnoxious to others.

Err... That got a bit ranty. I stopped myself going on for another paragraph. That film really annoys me. Put them all in the box, then set fire to it.
hinsley
*gets out the matches* biggrin.gif
leopold
Wow, Mata, that looked like it was going to descend into a right proper rant there! Shame you curtailed it, in a way.

I don't know if I agree entirely with your sentiments. I thought the film was more about an uneducated woman trying to get justice when faced with powerful men who use their intellect to out-manoeuvre people. Given that the educated men were actually attempting to abuse the unintelligent woman by using their learinings to deny her justice, then surely it starts out as a bunch of smart guys picking on a mere unintellectual woman? Given she didn't have a law degree to fall back on, then all she has is her alleged "street smarts" and the righteous indignation that only comes to those who feel the injustice but don't have the power or vocabulary to do anything about it. Okay, so she was rude and obnoxious and perhaps the end didn't justify the means, but the whole point of the story was that she took on the big guns and won through guile and a desperate determination to get justice where justice should be done.

Although in reality, if she were that rude they would've made mincemeat of her, and then some kid working in the local burger emporium would've spat on her cheeseburger. I've found that persistence pays off much more effectively, they will do anything to get rid of you!

Anyway, this is all getting far too serious.

I'd like to nominate all those involved in the film representation of "The Da Vinci Code". Phew-ee! What a stinker! Like, if you're going to make a film about how it's possible that Jesus was married to Mary Magdelene and they had children, then why choose a lead actor whose religious beliefs are in direct contravention? Tom Hanks played the part in such a bored, offhand manner, it was hard to believe he was the highly intellectual and excitable Robert Langdon. And why was the plucky and sharp cop Sophie Neveu portrayed as such a dimwit?

And in anticipation of the film adaptation of Dan Brown's second book, "Angels and Demons", which I anticipate will be just as badly adapted, given that this one is about the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Illuminati, I hereby nominate anyone who has anything to do with that, too.

I'll let Tom Hanks off the hook because he's a better actor than that, but he does need to sack his agent.
Tarantio
James MacAvoy. For being a kiddie-fiddling, arrogant and completely (imho) untalented nuisance. And for being all that and Scottish at the same time.
dancing hamster guy
Ok, don't know their names, or if you'd even consider them to be celebrities, but hey here goes.

1. The woman from the "Adios" slimming advert, that spins around and says "Adios".
Annoying Adios Woman

2. The guy that does the channel 5 late nite "gameshows", "Quiz Call" (I think). Does the man have no shame?! Theres nothing worse than coming home after a night out, turning the TV on, and seeing him steal peoples money.
hinsley
NOOO. the greatest quiz show ever was quizmania. i mean come on, every camera man was in a band (called king lizard if you were wondering) but they went on cam all the time and it was so funy with the woman (whos name elludes me right now) and Greggles. that quiz show was awesome. we all used to stay up all night jsut to watch it. thats how good it was.

Every other late night quiz presenter can go in the box but everyone who was on quizmania should be made into gods. i loved that show *cries* they need to bring it back.
leopold
QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Jul 24 2008, 06:23 PM) *
1. The woman from the "Adios" slimming advert, that spins around and says "Adios".
This is a tough one... would she class as a celebrity or not?

Well, given she's been on the telly, and that anyone who gets on telly these days automatically gains celebrity status (albeit right down on the Z list) then I guess she qualifies. So with that in mind, she can go into the box. She's definitely annoying with all that spinning and inane grinning, so I'd go along with that.

And by the same token I want to add that woman off the "Brand Power" adverts. Those ads are so annoying, not just because they are so very obviously low-rent, but because they are clearly sponsored by companies too cheap to get their own advertising. The tag line "Brand Power, helping you to buy better" really should be read, "Brand Power, suggesting you buy this product that the manufacturer has paid us a lot of money to promote, but making it look like it's being done independently." In that box you go!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.