Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: London Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Pixelgoth
Right, let's get this started smile.gif

I propose a London meet on 27th September in Camden area.

I can't find a list of the things we usually like to ask so can someone add it? smile.gif

Found it biggrin.gif

Offline I'm usually called: Sam
Number of people coming so far: 1
I'll be arriving: Saturday, 1pm-ish though I'm very flexible on this because it's so close
I'll be leaving: Last train on Saturday night
I'm up for meeting during the afternoon: Yes
18 or over?: Yes
I'm up for going for an evening meal somewhere: Yes, but somewhere cheap smile.gif
I'm up for going to a pub in the evening: Yes
I'm up for going to a club in the evening: Last train is 12.40am, so probably not
Staying the night?: No
Accommodation has been arranged?: Staying at my own place
Can offer accommodation to others?: Maybe. Need to run it by my other half but can probably say yes to anyone who is desperate?!? biggrin.gif
froggle-rock
Offline I'm usually called: Frogzilla
Number of people coming so far: 2
I'll be arriving: Saturday, 1pm-ish though I'm very flexible on this because it's so close
I'll be leaving: Prolly lastish, being as I live in this wubbly place wink.gif
18 or over?: Yes
I'm up for going for an evening meal somewhere: Yes, but somewhere VERY cheap smile.gif
I'm up for going to a club in the evening: Depends on funds. But staying out late aint a problem.
Staying the night?: Yes
Accommodation has been arranged?: Yes
Can offer accommodation to others?: Most definatly tent in back garden, which I can provide. Posibly some sofa.
Mata
Offline I'm usually called: Mata
Number of people coming so far: 3
I'll be arriving: Saturday, early afternoon is fine. These days Victoria or Paddington are easiest.
I'll be leaving: Around midnight probably, but as long as I can get to Victoria there's a 24 hour coach service. Woo!
18 or over?: So far, but I may decide otherwise in the future.
I'm up for going for an evening meal somewhere: Yep
I'm up for going to a pub in the evening: I think you can twist my arm, yes.
I'm up for going to a club in the evening: Potentially.
Staying the night?: No, I'll be travelling home at some point
Accommodation has been arranged?: At home, yes smile.gif
Can offer accommodation to others?: Nope, not unless they fancy travelling a couple of hours to Oxford!
Calantyr
Offline I'm usually called: "You git." Or Dave.
Number of people coming so far: 4
I'll be arriving: Already here, can get up to Camden around mid-dayish.
I'll be leaving: Leaving to go... where? You can't steal me!
I'm up for meeting during the afternoon: Well I'm not a morning person so.... YARR!
18 or over?: Ignore my boyish charm and good-looks, I'm legal.
I'm up for going for an evening meal somewhere: Potentially.
I'm up for going to a pub in the evening: You are implying there's an alternative?
I'm up for going to a club in the evening: Hell, why not?
Staying the night?: I'll keep going all night.
Accommodation has been arranged?: Unless someone steals my keys, yes.
Can offer accommodation to others?: Yep! I've got a spare bed if it's needed.
Mata
*steals Cals keys*
Calantyr
Offline I'm usually called: Jo
Number of people coming so far: 5
I'll be arriving: Saturday, 1pm-ish!! As soon as i drag Cal from the pit he call's bed!! Plus allowing the factor he is always 3 hours late.
I'll be leaving: You can't get rid of me!! Or until i fall alsleep standing up
I'm up for meeting during the afternoon: YAR
18 or over?: Deff
I'm up for going for an evening meal somewhere: Yes, but somewhere VERY VERY VERY CHEAP
I'm up for going to a club in the evening: Woo as long as it is good music and not aove 8 entry
Staying the night?: At home deff
Accommodation has been arranged?: Staying at my own place
Can offer accommodation to others?: What Cal said

*Dangles Cal's spare keys in front of mata!!!*

BTW this is RAVEN!!
Faerieryn
Offline I'm usually called: Matt and Ryn
Number of people coming so far: 7
I'll be arriving: Saturday, 1pm-ish. We're in wokig so Waterloo is best for us
I'm up for meeting during the afternoon: Indeedy
18 or over?: Depends on what day you ask us, but mostly yes.
I'm up for going for an evening meal somewhere: Yes. Cheap is good.
I'm up for going to a club in the evening:Not usually our thing, but we may come along.
Staying the night?: We will be retiring to the humble abode of the Smiler and Faerie
Accommodation has been arranged?: For the last two years!
Can offer accommodation to others?: Can do, although sleeping bag may be green inside (we're going to the Gathering next weekend and covering ourselves in green paint to play goblins- whilst I intend to wash the damn thing you never know how much green dye will come out!

We are certainly up for all things Camden shaped but it might be wise to think of non camdeny alternatives should the weather be shite/ the pubs full/ the market full of whingey teenagers of aged 12-14 out with mummy's credit cards! When we've done Camden meets before they've either been really good (like when we ended up in the world's end) or quite yucky (when the sky fell in on us and we all got really wet!). Camden is not good for wet play days
froggle-rock
Last time I went to Camden, a month or so ago, there were alot more covered seating/ eating areas. And also more eating places/ and stuffs.

A request, as I'll be so skint and cycling please could we kinda keep in a 6 mile or so radius of places we travel to and from? Thought doubt I'll be clubbing happy.gif
Pixelgoth
Come on people. More attendees!! smile.gif I officially name this the 'Cheer Sam Up Meet'!

Please see thread about my bro for why.
Sir Psycho Sexy
can't be bothered to fill this out properly on iPhone, I'll be there, I may be bringing a +1. Where are we meeting? Waterloo as usual?
Smiler
Ah, good point. Ryn & I'll be coming into Waterloo so we;d say there as a starter for ten but we can meet elsewhere if it's easier for others.
Pixelgoth
Time? Is it usually 1pm or 12pm??
Mata
How about 1pm? That makes longer journeys a bit easier.

Now, the next question - Waterloo or Camden? I'm up for meeting in The World's End for lunch, a bit of a wander around the shops in the afternoon, then heading to a less busy/cheaper pub in the evening.

These days I come into London from the west, and Marble Arch and Victoria are my main points of drop-off. For me it's probably easier to go straight to Camden if no-one else minds too much. Plus that makes waiting for others much more pleasurable! If it's a pain then I'm happy to go to Waterloo.

What do you think? We'll take a majority vote from those who reply!
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 25 2008, 11:58 PM) *
How about 1pm? That makes longer journeys a bit easier.

Now, the next question - Waterloo or Camden? I'm up for meeting in The World's End for lunch, a bit of a wander around the shops in the afternoon, then heading to a less busy/cheaper pub in the evening.

These days I come into London from the west, and Marble Arch and Victoria are my main points of drop-off. For me it's probably easier to go straight to Camden if no-one else minds too much. Plus that makes waiting for others much more pleasurable! If it's a pain then I'm happy to go to Waterloo.

What do you think? We'll take a majority vote from those who reply!

I'll be on my bike, so would rather meet in Camden, if that's where you will head from Waterloo. Please could some of you PM me your mobile numbers so I can ring someone when I get therE?

*bounces* YAY!
Smiler
Going straight to the World's End sounds fine to me... Ryn'll be with me so we're happy to go straight there. Plans sound agreeable so far.
froggle-rock
Thanks for the numbers. So, shall I head to Camden then? I'll be heading past Waterloo on the way. Think it will take about half an hour to get from Waterloo to Camden.
Smiler
Yeah 'bout 20-30 mins
Mata
Okay, World's End in Camden at 1pm. See you all there.

In the evening, how about finding a Sam Smiths again? It's the cheapest beer I've ever had in London, and nice too!
Pixelgoth
Camden in fine by me. I don't know anywhere there though so can someone meet me at the station at 1pm???? unsure.gif Mata and SPS you've got my number and I think I've got Frogs?
Pixelgoth
"I also found out that there is a replacement rail service between Billericay and Shenfield and unless I can get my ex to give me a lift back from Shenfield late tomorrow I won't be able to stay in London late as I don't fancy trying to catch a bus at that time of night that may or may not turn up and get stranded about 30 minutes from home sad.gif "

I'm not sure whether to come and risk it or see if any of you have some spare floor space at the last minute?!?!? unsure.gif

My ex says he can give me a lift but I might bring spare knickers, toothbrush, etc. just in case?!? biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 26 2008, 01:55 PM) *
In the evening, how about finding a Sam Smiths again?

Urgh, I hate Sam Smith pubs. Hate hate hate hate hate.
The beer is cheap though! biggrin.gif

I should hopefully be getting to Camden pretty much on time, if not a little early. Will keep in touch with Sam so she doesn't get lost/stolen/ravaged/eaten whilst wondering the streets of Camden. wink.gif

Mr and Mrs Smiler, what time you getting into Waterpoo?
Smiler
Aiming for Waterloo for about 12.30-1pm ish so as to get to Camden for 1ish. May be better to meet at the World's End although I'll PM my number just in case timings work out.

Sam, if ya want/ it gets that far you can kip at ours albeit out a bit in Woking (about 20 mins from Waterloo by train).

Sam smith's aint too bad but then I'm typing now waiting for a Chinese after having a few pints of London Pride so, hah, what do I know? wink.gif
Mata
Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing you all. I'll be hopping on the coach in 45 minutes and may end up being at the pub extremely early. Pat, have a look around for me when you get there.
froggle-rock
Thdis might be a bit late but: I can get sleeping spac ein London for Pixie. I have no mobile with me. I have Matas, Ryn's and Smiler mobile numbers. I am heading to Camden. Was talkign about cycling there, Smiler. Am that skint, I'd rather have enough for a couple of pints that spend 6 squid on a travel card. There is a Sam Smith pub near trafalgar square if I am not mistaken. Witless would be a good one to know, I think. See you all in a bit happy.gif
froggle-rock
Morning forumites!

Witless towers over Spussy Cat, well just. Im sure in heel Pat could pwn Witless *snicker*. Smiler and Ryn get extra points for the jaffa cakes XD and being chatty and relatable (and certainly hawt in skirts and sheer tights >_> )<3 Pixie was a sensuous feast >_> Ohohoh the leather and wool combo, Pixie, you know how to excite a frog wink.gif Mata's drunken sluring was highly amusing! *daaaaaaaw*

Very happy doodle I came y'day- was feeling a bit poo, but it was good to see you all, and the potential noob happy.gif Such a nice day. I got home just fine. Great tihng about cycling is I can sing my lungs out and pass people too quickly for them to get ear ache RAWR!

I totally propose another lazer quest meet. Like, woah! I think this would be a good idea. Also, a RL MZF NY's party was proposed, which would be awesomes >.< I, however, (missed the poingnat bit of the comma conversation) shall be in teh U.S. of Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! biggrin.gif *spanks spoon*

Thanks folks, like I was a bit off coz I fgelt a bit emo but meeting up with some of you every now and again is like, it's summit I get from because it's like a treat to see my 'zonians and that's grand *hugs*
Mata
Err... Yes, I got rather tipsy. 'Very drunk' might be more accurate. I was having the last pint when it suddenly struck me just how drunk I had become and so I stopped, but too late, the damage was done. I blame the sunshine and white wine. Whenever I sit outside with a bottle of wine I always seem to drink too fast. Thank goodness I was alternating with lemonade otherwise it could have got even more slurry. (Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but that is possible.)

So, sorry about getting off my trolley. I had a very nice time seeing you all. *hugs*

EDIT: I also have a rather belting hangover today. Blaaah.
Sir Psycho Sexy
...I always end up having to leave early, I haven't seen Mata drunk in YEARS! sad.gif
Daria
Aww, it sounds as though you all had an awesome time! I'm very jealous wink.gif
Cath Sparrow
Me too! sad.gif
Mata
I think I was probably drunk by the time you left, Pat, it was just that I hadn't realised it. Oops. Oh well, it's been probably a year since I last under-estimated to that degree, so it was probably due!

The Primrose Hill suggestion was a really good choice - a really lovely way to spend a sunny afternoon (even if it did just hammer home the message that our climate is screwed).
Smiler
Beautifully sunny day in September!!! In London!! Mental!
What a great day! Ryn and I really enjoyed meeting up with everyone again, methinks we do it to infrequently!???!!?
A couple of pints after the cider were probably not the best idea, especially as we travelled over to Putney and had a couple more ... the outcome would have been the same but we were really torn up about having to go, we were having such a nice day (it didn't get worse just a real shame to leave).
Cups, comma's, cakes, semi-colons, sex drives and teaching - where else but on a Matazonian meet?
Pixelgoth
I had a really fantastic time and, considering my current situation, that is a pretty amazing feet so you should all pat yourselves on the back for that laugh.gif

Frog, I do like to entice people with sensuous treats wink.gif Thanks for the gingerbread man, especially his choccie feet biggrin.gif I'm sorry to hear you were also feeling down but glad that you perked up. It occurred to me that we forgot the mobile rubbing nipple shot! sad.gif

Mata, you were very drunk but it was very funny laugh.gif

SPS, Becky is a darlin' and you need to get her on the forum (or at least give her all our phone numbers) smile.gif

To everyone else there that day, thanks *hugs* for making it so chilled and special.

Thanks to everyone who had kind words of advice and support. I've recently been feeling a little bit useless and criticised behind my back at the hospital not just by Ryan's (my ex) parents but also some of my so-called friends and family about how I'm coping with everything and I feel I can't do right for doing wrong. It was nice to be able to get away from that pressure even if it was for only 1 day.

Onwards and upwards to the Oxford Matazone Meet on 8th November.....although I'm guessing Mata doesn't really remember that conversation! wink.gif

Any photos? I didn't take any sad.gif
froggle-rock
I tihnk Pat got a pic of me coping a feel of your cardi, Pixie. I remeber hearing summit about a meet in Oxfiord, which I am totally up for- I can make a weekend of it as I've a friend living there also. Anytime before December 14th is okay with me. Just need to sort the finaces out.

Yay, Blah to them yay to us RAWR!
Mata
I do remember talking about an Oxford meet, you cheeky minx! (Although I don't really remember discussing dates... But then I usually forget dates when I'm sober too.) November 8th? That sounds okay to me. How's that for everyone else? I've not got much floor space, but I can probably accomodate one in the living room and possibly two in the kitchen, although they'll be sleeping close and on a hard floor. There's the Oxford Tube and Oxford Express coach service which runs all through the night (literally) from Victoria in London. That's a 16 return and stops right by my house as well as in central Oxford, so travel is fairly cheap and easy too.
froggle-rock
Coolies. I can rest inna ma oda friend's yard, bruv. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *wants daemon NOW*
Faerieryn
Speaking of future meets. Matt and I proposed a new years meet at our house. we have little floor space but I'm sure we could accomodate about 5- 6 people on our floor at a tight squeeze. A suggestion of new years and lazer quest drinking. I say a MATAZONE NEW YEAR!!!!!
Pixelgoth
Bagsy a space at Mata's flat! tongue.gif

I've put the w'end of the 8th in my diary. Do we just come down on the Saturday or Friday night?!?

I WANNA SEE PHOTOS *sulks* dry.gif
froggle-rock
Sammerday happy.gif
Calantyr
Ello peoples!

Sorry about only turning up for a few mins, turns out that over that weekend me and Raven had to look after her nan so we could only get away briefly.

Hope to see you for longer in the future. smile.gif
Smiler
It was nice to see you for the brief time anyway... better than not ;o)
Anywho's 8th November sounds like it may be a winner. I'll check out my diary
Mata
"Hi Cal, hi Raven... Oh, you're going?" It was nice seeing you both, even if it was momentarily!

Sam's bagsied first, so she gets one space. I really should mention this plan to Sues and my flatmate Matt...
Smiler
Might be an idea wink.gif
Pixelgoth
Yeah you might wanna see if they don't mind us being there tongue.gif I can always get a B&B/hotel if you like? smile.gif
froggle-rock
RAWR *hugs*
froggle-rock
Also, looks like I wont be able to stay at my friend's house. *big old grin matawards*
Cath Sparrow
Perhaps a possible maybe *grin* at Mata. In other words I would really like to come but will have to take a serious look at finaces closer to the time but not paying for accomidation would make the chances a bit higher. biggrin.gif
Mata
Right, Sam bagsied first, so she gets the inflatable mattress. There's probably just enough space in the kitchen for two people, but I'd strongly advise bringing something to sleep on as well as something to hide your eyes from the dawn (no curtains in there). If Froggy and Cath want to share the kitchen then they can... Probably.

To Sues, I decided to start slowly with 'The people on my forums have suggested a meet up in Oxford on the 9th of November.' Tonight I'll move on to 'I think I should offer them floor space...' biggrin.gif It'll be fine!

There is space for a small tent in the garden if people really need it, but there are literally 24 hour coaches from central Oxford into London if that's where people are coming from. There are a fair number of B&Bs around Oxford too, although I'm not sure what the prices are like.
Pixelgoth
[/indent][indent]
QUOTE (Mata @ Oct 1 2008, 01:22 PM) *
Right, Sam bagsied first, so she gets the inflatable mattress.

Hurrah smile.gif If it's a problem with Sues then don't worry I'm sure I can find a B&B that'll house a bunch of us cheaply. The Oxford youth hostel is 76.95 for 1 night between 3 people (Cath and Frog?!?) I also have a double inflatable mattress which I could bring if that helps??

The other option is the local (3 miles away) Travelodge for 56 for a family room which would sleep 3.
froggle-rock
Yay! I remember sharing a sleeping space with Cath before *swoons* >_>

Okay, thanks Mata. I might come back that night to london on the coach. It depends which day my friend get off work (she's a midwife and doesn't have her shifts that far ahead yet). Being that it'll be easier for me to get home to a bed on Saturday than other, I am fine with that. The youth hostel is fine with me but I would idealy need to book it today (along with the coach ticket- which leads me on to ask is this date not confirmed?) do you know how far it is from the pub/ Mata's house to the YHA?

Also, I have roll mats and or lilo, also this frogg likes waking up to sun light O_O
Cath Sparrow
That would be great, thanks Mata. I've taken a look at the trains (way to much.... 58) and the National Express Which is about 27 and would get me to Oxford for 12.50 so not bad but as I said I'd have to look at my money a bit closer to the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.