Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Other Box
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Yannick
Just like the celebrity box, but for everything else.

Okay, here we go:
Fat P.E. teachers that won't stop bitching. Seriously.
Pointless homework, usually the stuff given out the first week of school.
Kids you don't know that decide to sit with you during lunch and pretend you've been best buddies forever.
Michael (from school tongue.gif)
"I'll tell you when you're older"
Florida heat
Rap/Hip-hop/Country/Lame bands like Fall Out Boy
That stupid Stephanie Meyer series.
Spiders
Aggressive dogs

And there's more to come.
Eli
Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches, all country music, chalk, long nails, biting nails, long toe nails, crayons, orange anything (except oranges), love movies, pencil shavings, reading, peas, and..

all presidents,
teachers,
cops,
really religious people,
preppy people,
posers,
emos,
"Kids you don't know that decide to sit with you during lunch and pretend you've been best buddies forever.",
jello,
pudding,
coconuts,
thorns,
hairless dogs,
school,
cat litter,
taking out the trash (cause its like a mile away),
tied shoelaces,
news channels,
ducks,
and really smart people who like to be annoying.
Yannick
Speaking of chalk and nails, the sound it makes when someone scratches a chalk-board. *shivers*
Eli
Or that noise a ballon makes when you rub your hand against it.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Eli @ Aug 26 2008, 02:19 AM) *

I'd advise you never to listen to 'Stupid Fimbaloo' by Matmos, then. Almost all the samples in the tune are made from balloon noises. It's an oddly danceable tune, though...

And what, I have to ask, is wrong with ducks? They're nature's water-loving comedians!
leopold
I have to agree with Inky here. Ducks start off all cute and fluffy, then turn into adults who act all daft and stuff, and then they turn into Crispy Duck with pancakes and hoisin. There's nothing about ducks to dislike.

But then I also like reading, pudding, peanut butter and jelly* sandwiches, peas and tied shoelaces. Plus I'm a smart person who enjoys being annoying. In many respects, since I'm likely to be in the box anyway, I'd be quite happy to have the ducks in there with me.

* Although over here in the U of K we prefer to call it "Jam". Jelly is the wobbly stuff made from gelatin, hence the name "jelly" (with a J, because "gelly" would look stupid). So by that token I vote to keep the Americanisms OUT of the box, because I don't want them in there with me tongue.gif
Moosh
I like country music, crayons, orange things, reading, peas, love movies, jelly, pudding, tied shoelaces and ducks.

And I'm generally considered quite smart and I like to be annoying. And I say "I'll tell you when you're older"

This is gonna be an awesome box to be in =)
Industrial Kybosh
I'm in there with you two, I think. How about we listen to country music and eat some peanut butter and jelly (JAM damnit!) sandwiches whilst rubbing some balloons and feeding the ducks?
LoLo
If you rub balloons you can then hold them above your head and make your hair stand up. How cool is that?
michael1384
Telephones that interupt.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Aug 26 2008, 05:11 PM) *

Yes. They are the bane of my working life. Given that I work on the phone, I may be in the wrong profession.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
Telephones. All of them.

and polystyrene...

Eli, thats an insanely long list. Is there anything you do like?
michael1384
ISPs. I just don't see the logic in paying for something that's already in the telephone lines. That and not being allowed on the internet because of their incompitence.
Eli
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Aug 26 2008, 07:14 AM) *
QUOTE (Eli @ Aug 26 2008, 02:19 AM) *

I'd advise you never to listen to 'Stupid Fimbaloo' by Matmos, then. Almost all the samples in the tune are made from balloon noises. It's an oddly danceable tune, though...

And what, I have to ask, is wrong with ducks? They're nature's water-loving comedians!

Well I don't go around wearing like I hate duck t-shirts..well really It's not ducks I don't like, but geese..or goose..however it's supposed to be pronounced, but anyways when I was a little I got attacked by a bunch of geese(goose) because they wanted my food.
Eli
I think I should clarify why I dislike certain things..I don't like reading textbooks, but cool horror books are awesome. I can't say much to pudding..and peanut butter and "jam" sandwhiches are good but without the jam. My mom makes peas..and really anything taste bad, corny love movies (NO DAMNIT) comedy/love movies (YES), I don't like to tie my shoe laces ( I tie them and stuff it under my shoes, other people are fine.), annoying smart people are well..("Michael (from school )") and I still hate country.

QUOTE (crazymat @ Aug 26 2008, 02:14 PM) *
Telephones. All of them.

and polystyrene...

Eli, thats an insanely long list. Is there anything you do like?

Yep, but If I made a list of that this wouldn't be the "other box".. yea..But I do most definately like things.
Yannick
QUOTE (Eli @ Aug 26 2008, 08:22 PM) *
annoying smart people are well..("Michael (from school )")

Dude, he is /not/ smart. He's a geek without the coolness. He spends all his time watching television, learning random stupid things, and then bothering everyone with them. "Did you know -insert stupid fact here-" "...No.. And I /really/ didn't care...Go away." Michael: *stalks for the rest of the day*

Umm.. People who call before I wake up/after I go to bed.
leopold
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Aug 26 2008, 03:03 PM) *
Agreed. This is just what we need, a big box of awesome. Just think, you, me, Inky, pudding, tied shoelaces and ducks. Could it possibly be any better?

QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Aug 26 2008, 04:12 PM) *
I'm in there with you two, I think. How about we listen to country music and eat some peanut butter and jelly (JAM damnit!) sandwiches whilst rubbing some balloons and feeding the ducks?
Absolutely! And we won't trip over our shoelaces either!

QUOTE (LoLo @ Aug 26 2008, 04:42 PM) *
If you rub balloons you can then hold them above your head and make your hair stand up. How cool is that?
It's cool like a snowman's cold bits. Shame my hair is too short, I need some longer hair. Lo, fancy joining us in here?

That'll be all of them; I've never known one call when I want it to. Ever.

QUOTE (Eli @ Aug 27 2008, 01:08 AM) *
Well I don't go around wearing like I hate duck t-shirts..well really It's not ducks I don't like, but geese..or goose..however it's supposed to be pronounced, but anyways when I was a little I got attacked by a bunch of geese(goose) because they wanted my food.
Ah, now there's a big difference between a duck and a goose, not least the fact that a goose can comfortably feed eight people, whereas a duck struggles to feed four. Plus geese are NOT funny at all. But they do chase the pigeons off, which is always a winner.
Daria
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 27 2008, 12:58 PM) *
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Aug 26 2008, 03:03 PM) *
Agreed. This is just what we need, a big box of awesome. Just think, you, me, Inky, pudding, tied shoelaces and ducks. Could it possibly be any better?

Absolutely! And we won't trip over our shoelaces either!

It's cool like a snowman's cold bits. Shame my hair is too short, I need some longer hair. Lo, fancy joining us in here?

That'll be all of them; I've never known one call when I want it to. Ever.

QUOTE (Eli @ Aug 27 2008, 01:08 AM) *
Ah, now there's a big difference between a duck and a goose, not least the fact that a goose can comfortably feed eight people, whereas a duck struggles to feed four. Plus geese are NOT funny at all. But they do chase the pigeons off, which is always a winner.

Can I join you two in this box? I bring with me the crusty ends of bread (also known as ears), soggy cornflakes and juice with bits in. Also the crispy bits of rice pudding, yoghurt with bits in, just the green ones from Tricolore pasta, Matmos and The B-52's.
Yannick
You guys are totally forgetting all the bad things in the box.
Daria
*Gets out a "Box Of Awesome" and climbs in, taking her foodstuffs with her*
Industrial Kybosh
This box is getting better all the time. If the B-52's are invited, it's officially a party.

/drinks some juice-with-bits and munches on green pasta
Faerieryn
Leo squidge over. As a teacher I am in the box too. Can we have some cookies in here?
Daria
Only chocolate and raisin. Most people I know don't like those (fools! fools I say!)
I think I smelt someone throwing in some brie, too. Mmmmm... cheesy rind.
LoLo
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 27 2008, 04:58 AM) *

Sure....*brings with her some wobbly waffles* It's just fun to say wobbly waffles
Phyllis
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Aug 26 2008, 12:14 PM) *

Nothing, as long as they are in a suitably large area. My parents have an irrigation ditch that runs along their property. Every few years, a weird neighbor lady used to buy more ducks and just set them free in the ditch. They also tended to produce baby ducks by themselves. I promise you, 100 (seriously, 100) ducks swarming around your lawn, pooing on everything and waking you up at dawn with their quacking and crazy duck sex is not a fun experience. They're fine for throwing bread at in a park, but I don't want to take the little idiots home with me.

peanut butter and jelly (JAM damnit!) sandwiches

I vote we call them by their proper, international name: PB&J. Peanut butter and jam just doesn't flow well, and peanut butter and jelly is clearly controversial. tongue.gif

I don't like country music, but I like a lot of other things in the box! How big is it? If I were to join in the fun, would the ducks be crowding me all the time?
elphaba2
I'm coming in, and bearing with me kale, gangsta rap and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (which I didn't know could be disliked, except that apparently it can).
Industrial Kybosh
Brie? Wobbly waffles? Raisin cookies? Hell, throw in some Irn Bru and we've got a quality buffet.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Aug 27 2008, 06:49 PM) *
I'm coming in, and bearing with me kale, gangsta rap and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (which I didn't know could be disliked, except that apparently it can).

O_O

You met someone who dislikes Bill and Ted? For shame! Pelt them with stones immediately!

Mind you, I worked with someone who doesn't like Indiana Jones. Yes, the original trilogy. All of them. Words cannot describe my utter disdain.
LoLo
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Aug 27 2008, 11:52 AM) *
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Aug 27 2008, 06:49 PM) *

O_O

You met someone who dislikes Bill and Ted? For shame! Pelt them with stones immediately!

Mind you, I worked with someone who doesn't like Indiana Jones. Yes, the original trilogy. All of them. Words cannot describe my utter disdain.

Bwah? ohmy.gif blink.gif
voices_in_my_head
....they shall not be involved in the creation of this box...ever. Even I, the hater of most movie-classics, dig Indiana Jones (well...the old ones)

Celebrity Gossip Magazines
Computer-Made Scedules (as in, a computer program makes your schedule instead of a human. I'm fine with someone typing it up in word. tongue.gif)
Bad Wi-Fi connections
People who talk 5 times louder than needed at any given time
When people say/do something so embaressing that it actually embaresses you too.
And flies!

I have a ton of little pet peeves. But I thought everyone could agree with the above ones. smile.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (LoLo @ Aug 27 2008, 09:34 PM) *
Bwah? ohmy.gif blink.gif

I KNOW!!!
leopold
That's just... wrong! Bill & Ted? The original Indiana Jones? Next someone's going to tell us that they know this person who hates the first Ghostbusters!

I guess there's no accounting for taste. And clearly you guys know people who have none at all.

QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Aug 28 2008, 02:09 AM) *
Computer-Made Scedules (as in, a computer program makes your schedule instead of a human. I'm fine with someone typing it up in word. tongue.gif)
I don't mind them myself. They stop me from booking myself a meeting in Chicago to start 15 minutes after the one in London finishes. Mind, that said, I can't afford a person to do it for me. And it's a moot point anyway as my job isn't that jet-setty...

People who talk 5 times louder than needed at any given time
Erm, I do that. And I laugh too loudly as well.

When people say/do something so embaressing that it actually embaresses you too.
Erm... I do that as well. I kind of enjoy embarrassing people like that, I like to see just how uptight people can be. biggrin.gif

I'm sure this isn't what the box was meant for, but it's getting better by the minute... good food, decent films, and everything about my personality that people dislike! Hooray for the box!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.