Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone fancy doing Secret Santa again?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mata
Fried twinkies, Santa? I think my arteries and tooth enamel will thank you for avoiding that one wink.gif
Ashbless
Hey Santa,
I'm not too sure about food sent through the post. Customs can be odd about letting parcels through. Candy seems to have no trouble. Maybe they don't count it as food? I have no allergies, I have no dislikes really, and so am a toughie to beat...er, encourage the elves to make something for. I'll be fairly pleased with whatever comes through the mails.
That gives way to wide a leeway to play with, doesn't it? ph34r.gif
biggrin.gif
Daria
Dear Santa
I would like a pony, and an external HD, and a new CD drive for my laptop (Sony Vaio) and a lollipop and a puppy and some lebkuchen and a satellite and a visit to Lapland.
Secret Santa
Then you'd better start being good. Or at least being less obviously bad.
Secret Santa
Dear Syuu,

Have you been a good girl this year? Tell the truth, now.

What colors do you like? What flavors/ smells do you like? Any Allergies? Clothing/ shoe size?

Secretly,

Santa
Secret Santa
Dear CheeseMoose,

Santa wants to know what your favourite breakfast food is. He is not going to get you breakfast food; this is just a personality test designed to make you paranoid. evil.gif

Love,
Santa

PS: Daria, if you sit on Santa's lap, maybe we can talk about the pony.
Pikasyuu
dear Santa,
no. i make a habit of routinely being sub-good. consciences are itchy, you know that!
my shoe size is 6.5 in US sizes. i assume you're there, or have access to a translator. as for smells, patchouli is my favorite. blue/black/and grey for colors, and the only allergy i have is to metal jewelry. i usually have to wear rubber, hemp, or wood.

also, please overlook my sub-goodness. you usually bring me presents anyway!
Daria
Santa baby, slip a s[t]able under the tree, for me ; )
Moosh
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 4 2008, 09:25 PM) *
Dear CheeseMoose,

Santa wants to know what your favourite breakfast food is. He is not going to get you breakfast food; this is just a personality test designed to make you paranoid. evil.gif

Love,
Santa

PS: Daria, if you sit on Santa's lap, maybe we can talk about the pony.

Dear Santa

I don't artificially separate some foods as being "breakfast foods", any food can be eaten at any time of day for any meal.

If you're asking what I normally eat for breakfast, it ranges from toast to an apple to nothing, depending on how much time I have. On a Saturday morning I might have a fry-up.

Yours,
Moosh
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (syuu @ Dec 4 2008, 10:12 PM) *
i usually have to wear rubber

Best thing I've read this morning.

/kinkyspam
Secret Santa
Madam Candice,

You say you like funny things. What kind of things make you laugh, other than amusing cutlery and soap?
Phyllis
Dear Santa,

Lots of stuff makes me laugh! I advise you to be creative and find something that would amuse you. I am easy to please. My parents and in-laws insist that I be specific when they ask what I want for Christmas/my birthday, so I suppose what I really want is at least one surprise! It doesn't necessarily have to be funny. I find it equally enjoyable when someone makes something for me, or just buys something thoughtful.

If you absolutely cannot think of anything to send, I suggest PMing Sir Moop or someone else who knows me well. smile.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
the only allergy i have is to metal jewelry. i usually have to wear rubber, hemp, or wood.

Just to clarify, because Santa is a busy man. Is that nickel you have an allergy to, or metal in general. Pewter would be okay?
Secret Santa
Dear Mata,

[Serious question this time] I have been thinking of what I am going...*cough* I mean the elves are going to make you for christmas, but they're not sure what colors you favor, so if you could, it be much apreciated for the elves convience.

-Santa
Mata
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Dec 5 2008, 08:15 AM) *
i usually have to wear rubber

Best thing I've read this morning.

I didn't think of it in that context. Now I have. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

Colours? Err... Royal blue, sky blue, dark purple, black... Maybe a dark red too. Does that help? Basically, if a goth would feel comfortable wearing it then I probably will like it too.
Secret Santa
Santa has some presents for Cath, which will get mailed Tuesday. smile.gif
Secret Santa
Mata's gifts have been wrapped and boxed, you'll be receiving them soon!
Secret Santa
Dear Izzy,
Hohoho!
Santa is wondering what your favourite bands, colours, and sweets might be! Even though you like most things, what do you really love?

-Santa
Yannick
Bands, in the order that I can remember them: Green Day, Iron Maiden, Slash's Snakepit, Guns 'n Roses, Bad Religion, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, NOFX, Ramones, Jonathan Coulton, David Bowie, Metallica, and.. that's all I can think of.

Colors: Dark shades of purple, most shades of blue and green, black's a good color for most things, not pink, not brown.

Sweets: Any combination of chocolate and caramel ftw. Sour things! Don't really like strawberry flavor. Or jelly beans. LICORICE IS DISGUSTING. I'm not allergic to anything I'm aware of.
Secret Santa
Ho ho Ho!!!!

Santa would really like to know what a certain Pixie would like. Santa is used to dealing with elves and therefore he is a bit stuck!
Secret Santa
Hello there my friends. Santa would like a little bit of information from a certain little boy called Inky. What sort of interesting things would he be like to see under his Christmas tree this year? Has he been a good boy this year? Or does he deserve coal?
Secret Santa
Yo ho ho and a bottle of egg nog!

Voices,

Santa would like to know what could possibly beat a purple boa from England, or at least equal it!

xoxox Santa
voices_in_my_head
Um. That's difficult.
Random facts that might help:
Anything to do with art. I have a weird obsession with green Monster energy drinks. I love cute underwear. My favorite bands are Modest Mouse, Say Anything and Bright Eyes. I'm into all sorts of hippie-esque things (Think inscence and peace signs and fung shuai) and I am easily ammused. My favorite colors are green, electric blue, and dark purple. If it involves clothing, I'm a small or extra small, usually. I like to write and love reading. Um....that's all I can think of.

but good luck beating the boa. tongue.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Dearest Santa,

I have been the best possible boy I could possibly be this year. Take that how you will.

As for what I'd like to see 'neath my tree, well, I'm not a very fussy person. I don't wear much by way of jewellery, so that's something of a non-starter, though maybe I've just never found the right thing. I'd probably be happiest with something a bit out of the ordinary, especially if it is of an amusing persuasion. I have a surreal sense of humour, so 'funny peculiar' and 'funny ha ha' are pretty much the same thing in my book.

Failing that, anything made of chocolate puts a great big idiot grin on my face.

I very much look forward to seeing what I get...
Moosh
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 7 2008, 09:27 PM) *
Yo ho ho and a bottle of egg nog!

Voices,

Santa would like to know what could possibly beat a purple boa from England, or at least equal it!

xoxox Santa

Pssh. Nothing beats a purple feather boa.
Industrial Kybosh
Can't help but agree. I got mine when I was 19. He's called Floaty.
Eli
Is there an age limit for aquiring such a fine speicmen? My mother insists I wait a few more years. sad.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 7 2008, 08:07 PM) *
Ho ho Ho!!!!

Santa would really like to know what a certain Pixie would like. Santa is used to dealing with elves and therefore he is a bit stuck!

I assume you mean me?!? unsure.gif

I've been a very good girl this year (well I've had a lot of poop thrown at me....metaphorically speaking off course...yuck!) and I hope I get an extra special present.

Having said that, I really don't mind what I get. I know that doesn't help but, to be honest, this is my 1st year without my Mum, bro and a boyfriend so my present pile is going to be minimal no doubt sad.gif

I like anything shiney (I don't wear earrings unless it's a small bar for the top of my ear), smelly (in a nice way), anything I can wear, or eat or both wink.gif My favourite colours are jade green, pink, and purple. My favourite smell and taste is coconut (closely followed by cinnamon). My favourite music is ROCK (insert smiley for rock fingers here!).

Sorry to be a bit vague Santa but really whatever you get me will be very very much appreciated......unless it's poop?! (see above)

laugh.gif
Secret Santa
Ho Ho Ho! biggrin.gif

Snoo my dear come sit on my knee...

*waits for snoo*

...what would you like for Xmas this year my dear?

biggrin.gif
Secret Santa
Ho ho ho! Ryn has a little present winging it's way to her! Bizarrely, even I don't know exactly what it is...
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
*plonks slef on Santa's lap and plays with his beard*

I am an indecisive little so and so, so I'll just tell you things I like and I'll be happy with whatever I get...

I like penguins, fluffy things, weird things and all things vegematarian... favourite colours are green and purple (most shades but generally the deeper/darker shades) I can't really think of anything more specific.

I'm a big fan of suprises, especially when my grandparents ring me up and say "we're getting you a toaster for Christmas, what colour would you like?" ruining any suprise at all in the big, but not particularly heavy box that will be sitting under the tree for me this year!

tongue.gif
Mata
Psst, Santa, buy Snoo a loaf of bread wink.gif
Secret Santa
Spoony should have a present heading his way if the reindeer don't get lost. I think they may have gotten into the nog though. I always wondered why Rudolph's nose was so bright.
Yannick
I spent a good portion of my day wrapping presents. Although my person's haven't been wrapped yet, if you get a present that looks like a toddler might have done the taping, it's most likely from me. unsure.gif
elphaba2
My Santee's gift will head out tomorrow or Thursday--sorry! Finals are eating my head.
Secret Santa
Yo ho ho! *ahem* Sorry, I mean Ho Ho Ho!

Little Miss Elphaba has clearly been good this year because Santa has got her present and will be posting it today.
Faerieryn
My pressie arrived today. Can I open it????? Please??????
Cath Sparrow
Was perusing the shop's today for stuff for her victim (dont get payed till Friday) biggrin.gif
Secret Santa
Of course you can open it Ryn. I hope you like it! Ho ho ho! *feels a little nervous, but thinks it's quite cool*
Eli
QUOTE (Yannick @ Dec 9 2008, 10:23 PM) *
Although my person's haven't been wrapped yet, if you get a present that looks like a toddler might have done the taping, it's most likely from me. unsure.gif

Thats why my friend, I bag and box! biggrin.gif (Kinda like a dead body)
Phyllis
I wouldn't gift wrap any presents that are being sent internationally, guys. Customs officials may need to open the package, and then your wrapping job will look even worse. wink.gif

Speaking of international gifts, those of you with a recipient in another country should probably try to send your gifts by Monday or Tuesday of next week at the latest!
Secret Santa
After a lot of careful consideration, it has been decided that Candice has been good enough to receive a present this year. It will sent on its way very shortly. Merry Chrimblemas!
Secret Santa
Ho Ho Ho. Smiler's gift has been entrusted to the elves to deliver. I'm a bit worried that they left with the tipsy reindeer though.
Phyllis
I got my present today! It says on the wrapping paper "Do not even think of opening before Christmas, lady!" Ooh, the suspense!

Would Santa mind if I opened it just slightly early? moop and I always exchange gifts with each other on the winter solstice (it's on the 21st this year) so we don't have to cart our presents down to his parents' house and back.
Pixelgoth
I usually open at least 1 present on Yule to mark it as none of my mates do :-) I'd let you off if it is was me ;-)
Secret Santa
Hmm. Go on then, Cand, seeing as it's you.
Secret Santa
Froggie's present was sent about a week ago.

As far as my elves can surmise (disorganised rabble that they are) it has not reached the Spoony household yet.
Phyllis
Okay, I took that to mean I could open it up today. Blame CheeseMoose, he encouraged me! biggrin.gif I mostly just wanted to know if my Santa was who I thought it was based on his/her posting style. It was!

Guys. GUYS. Look what InKy sent me.

A mix CD! As soon as that fell out, I knew my hunch was correct. Check out that awesome Santa on the cover! The tracklist is a secret; I am supposed to PM him in the New Year for details. I do already know a few of the songs, but most of them are unfamiliar. One of them I only know because it was sung by Kristin Chenoweth and Ellen Greene on an episode of Pushing Daisies, but still!

A Pirate Action Pack! There were pirate stickers in the Action Pack. I have already arranged them in pervy poses on the included poster. Awesome.

A pirate mask from aforementioned Action Pack! I am now Candbrush Threepwood.

Thank you, Dragonslayer! I am very amused. biggrin.gif
Industrial Kybosh
God, how crap am I at disguising my identity?

But yay! I'm very glad you liked your stuff - although your flagrant disregard for the warning I wrote is something we may have to discuss later tongue.gif - and the mask is very you. Though really, who wouldn't love pirate stickers? I mean, come on!

Seeing as you've already popped open the package, I'll bring the tracklisty for the CD as soon as I can remember (this may take some time, as I am both ill and rubbish... >_>).

One of them I only know because it was sung by Kristin Chenoweth and Ellen Greene on an episode of Pushing Daisies, but still!

o_O Which one was that? I'm intrigued...
Secret Santa
Ho diddly ho!

Voices, you may receive a mysterious package in the next few days... silly, drunken elves!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.