Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone fancy doing Secret Santa again?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Phyllis
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Dec 13 2008, 07:54 AM) *
God, how crap am I at disguising my identity?

I wasn't completely sure it was you since you said that you were slightly intimidated, but the posting style of my Santa was very Dragonslayerish. tongue.gif

although your flagrant disregard for the warning I wrote is something we may have to discuss later tongue.gif

I was totally going to wait, but then I mentioned in IRC that it was calling to me, and CheeseMoose said "Santa said you could open it." I guess I didn't need much persuading, since my response to that was to say "Okay!" and run to get it. I'm kind of horrible about waiting for surprises. But I didn't investigate who my Santa could be this year! I just happened to guess. That's something, right?

One of them I only know because it was sung by Kristin Chenoweth and Ellen Greene on an episode of Pushing Daisies, but still!

o_O Which one was that? I'm intrigued...

Birdhouse in your Soul.
Industrial Kybosh
I'll let you off, seeing as there were outside influences at play. And 'Birdhouse In You Soul' is just about the cutest song ever written, I reckon.
Cath Sparrow
I have to agree as I bought the single many moons ago (on viynal I'll add....) biggrin.gif
Phyllis
It is pretty adorable. The Ninja Dinosaur one is also very cute!

Also, nice inclusion of Pig Latin. biggrin.gif I have to make moop change the alarm ringtone on his phone to something that is not Pig Latin. The first few notes of it now make me think "Argh, have to wake up!"
Secret Santa
Just so moop doesn't think he's been forgotten, Santa is having trouble with the elves who are working on a go slow. So moop's lump of coal will be being sent sometime in the next week, if Santa can get these damn elves moving.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (candice @ Dec 13 2008, 01:07 PM) *
It is pretty adorable. The Ninja Dinosaur one is also very cute!

Also, nice inclusion of Pig Latin. biggrin.gif I have to make moop change the alarm ringtone on his phone to something that is not Pig Latin. The first few notes of it now make me think "Argh, have to wake up!"

Ahh, 'Go Go Ninja Dinosaur' - the theme to a children's program that sadly never existed. It makes me bounce about like a silly fool. 'Pig Latin' was a no-brainer, though - it's an integral part of my memories of iRC back in the day, so it simply had to go on. CHINGA!

Cath - ooh, They Might Be Giants vinyl, eh? I am a little jealous.
Cath Sparrow
If I ever manage to find it, if I've still got it, if it's still in a reasonable condition, I might even send you it seeing as I have no mean's of playing it anymore.

(back on topic)
*is still sat excitedly by the letter box but her bum's getting awful cold* tongue.gif
Secret Santa
Santa is going to the post office right now to mail Cheese Moose's gift! Santa hopes Cheese Moose won't mind the lack of wrapping paper; he was running out of tape and wanted to make sure the box would stay closed. Santa does not know why he talks in the third person so often.

Or not. Apparently Santa's local post office closes at noon on Saturdays. He promises to post it first thing on Monday.
LoLo
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Dec 13 2008, 05:32 AM) *
Cath - ooh, They Might Be Giants vinyl, eh? I am a little jealous.

I remember seeing them in concert in Palo Alto....some girl grabbed my butt, thought I was a guy. :/
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (LoLo @ Dec 13 2008, 03:34 PM) *
I remember seeing them in concert in Palo Alto....some girl grabbed my butt, thought I was a guy. :/

Or did she? Perhaps you stirred some confusing feelings in her, which she could not quite admit to at the time.

/latentlesbianismspam

Cath - I would be very interested, even if it's not in particularly good condition. I'm a massive vinyl junkie.

I've just realised that I have nothing at all to say that is ontopic, other than to say that I'm very interested to find out who my Santa is. I have suspicions, but I will be keeping those to myself...
Cath Sparrow
Well I know a few people it isn't and perhaps one person it is. tongue.gif

*revels in her power*
LoLo
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Dec 13 2008, 07:49 AM) *
QUOTE (LoLo @ Dec 13 2008, 03:34 PM) *

Or did she? Perhaps you stirred some confusing feelings in her, which she could not quite admit to at the time.

/latentlesbianismspam

Nah it was during my teenage years when I had long dyed black hair, and wore baggy clothes because I was ashamed of my body, and had a thing for wearing wallet chains and hanging out with guys who had long hair similar to mine. It also didn't help that though I am quite busty I don't really have much in the way of hips so when I'm thinner I don't have much of a butt.

Yeah that was a really long winded rant...

But to make my ego better, perhaps you're correct and it was some latent lesbianism! lol
Faerieryn
I opened it!!!!!

It requires a bit of internet looking at as I'm not entirely sure what it is though!! It has a cute little scarf which I put on it immediately to keep it warm. Yay!!! Thank you Santa!!!!!
Secret Santa
Ho Ho HO!!!!!

Santa is apologising in advance as he thinks that Inky's present is taking more time than he thought.
Secret Santa
Merry Christmas everybody!!!!

Santa is very pleased with himself. He has bought Pixie's present and, assuming the elves get it safely wrapped in time, it will be winging it's way to her by Wednesday (they're on a very tight schedule!)
Industrial Kybosh
Relax, Santa. I'm a patient boy, and don't mind waiting for my gift. wink.gif
Smiler
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Dec 13 2008, 11:33 AM) *
And 'Birdhouse In You Soul' is just about the cutest song ever written, I reckon.

Written about / after inspiration from a lightbulb if I'm not mistaken...
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 14 2008, 12:57 PM) *
Merry Christmas everybody!!!!

Santa is very pleased with himself. He has bought Pixie's present and, assuming the elves get it safely wrapped in time, it will be winging it's way to her by Wednesday (they're on a very tight schedule!)

Yay biggrin.gif *jumps up and down and the thought of getting my 1st Xmas gift this year*
Mata
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 6 2008, 10:42 PM) *
Mata's gifts have been wrapped and boxed, you'll be receiving them soon!

I'm guessin they're coming from the North Pole/America... Or should I be worried that they're/it's not here yet?
Secret Santa
No worries my friend, my moth- *cough* elves.. choose the slow mail service. My gift should be there...soon.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 15 2008, 03:42 PM) *
No worries my friend, my moth- *cough* elves.. choose the slow mail service. My gift should be there...soon.

!

MOTH?! Santa does not have moths helping him! ohmy.gif You aren't the real Santa! LIAR!!!

..oh. Maybe you meant mother? Okay. That, I can accept. Santa can have a mama.

Surface mail from the US to the UK used to take 4-6 weeks, but I don't think that it's even offered any more. I know the last couple of boxes I had my mama ship over from the US had to be sent airmail. I don't know what the "slow service" would be. Around this time of year I'd expect at least 10 business days for post from the US to arrive.
Secret Santa
Ho ho ho! Santa has tossed..er, gently placed--Daria's gift in the mail!
Secret Santa
Ho ho ho, I'm shaking my belly like a bowl full of jelly!
I'm afraid that the elves are being little ****s and are taking their time to make SPS's gift and send it off. It will come, Santa promises; like Guinness, good things come to those who wait!
Mata
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 15 2008, 03:42 PM) *

Cool, no problem Santy, I was just making sure it hadn't gone astray. Thanks!
Cath Sparrow
I'm also guessing at mine's comming from across the sea's as my bum's gone numb from sitting on the cold floor near the letter box. biggrin.gif
Smiler
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 16 2008, 11:40 AM) *
I'm afraid that the elves are being little ****s and are taking their time

Make sure they've not been listening to Barenaked Ladies' Elfs Lament they'll be striking in no time!
Eli
*sniffle* I wonder where my gift is...Has Santa been too busy or have I simply been bad this year?
elphaba2
Daww. I think mine'll have to wait until I'm back in ze zone de la francophonie--leavin' tomorrow for Freedom Soil and my happy santa mail hasn't arrived yet. But how exciting that it'll be waiting! My roommates will be green with envy (and also probably indigestion because I'm the only one who can cook without serious problems)!

Weeup, I love this season.
Moosh
So, I was briefly home yesterday and I found I have a package!
As yet unopened. I will not give in and open it before Christmas. Wonder how long I'll last?
Industrial Kybosh
I suspect that the answer may be measured in hours rather than days...
Cath Sparrow
Especially when it's starts talking to you saying

'Open me! Open me!'
Mata
Or barking.
Secret Santa
moop will be pleased to here that after lot's of poking and prodding and a promise of a couple of pints on xmas day (they're right lite wieghts those elves) the elves have rushed his gift down to the post office and it should be winging it's way to him in a few day's.
Smiler
I've been reliably informed I received a box today, trouble is I won't get back in until about 11pm cos I'm at the radio... Ryn took a picture of the box and sent it to me... nice of her...
froggle-rock
(This is Spoon)

Got a package and it is -AWESOMES-

(Frogg:)

Pft, I don't think that quite gets across just how OMG! Spoon was when he opened it and found the lock, the head scarf aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the swirly goldfish optical illusion thingymagig. SRSLY Very impressed with how well suited it is to him happy.gif

Also, I got mine XD Like wooooooohoooo! It's, well no surprises as to it's nature

Thank you Santa happy.gif Frogalini has been eating and regurgitating my monies for like a day or two now.
voices_in_my_head
Whoah whoah whoah.

Did my secret Santa send me prints from DeviantArt or is this some cool-as-hell dream I'm having?
Phyllis
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Dec 17 2008, 07:27 PM) *
Did my secret Santa send me prints from DeviantArt or is this some cool-as-hell dream I'm having?

Go team Internet stalking, eh? biggrin.gif

*is not your Santa, but knew about the prints*

Moosh: OPEN YOUR GIFT.
voices_in_my_head
>_> I wanna know who it is now.

And hey, I'm all for internet stalking if it gets me presents.
Faerieryn
This is my pressie. He is so cute!!!

Secret Santa
Pixie's present will be posted tomorrow. Damn those striking elves!!! And It appears to have a hitch hiker with it. Oh well...
Ho Ho Ho!!!!
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Dec 17 2008, 07:14 PM) *
Also, I got mine XD Like wooooooohoooo! It's, well no surprises as to it's nature

Thank you Santa happy.gif Frogalini has been eating and regurgitating my monies for like a day or two now.

Yay! Glad you liked it. smile.gif

There is a card that was supposed to reach you at the same time but clearly certain postal elves are slacking!
Secret Santa
Ho ho ho! Santa hasn't forgotten Eli at all - he's been such a good little boy, he's at the top of the list. wink.gif

Santa's elves are snowed in up here at the North Pole, so your gifts may be slightly delayed. Santa is very sorry, but he'll get a nice, thick instrument and insert it into the elves so that they get their groove on.

(Santa also needs to wait for a day where he is home and a post office is open - but no worries, it'll be worth the wait)
Pikasyuu
HOLYCRAP.
i just got my gift. this is, by far, (next to the inky mixed cds) one of the BESTGIFTSEVAR.

if i had a camera, i'd definitely take photos - package one was a pair of frilly blue panties with 'fancy pants' written in glitter along the waistband, the second was a black and white striped pair with a little red bow on front, the third was WASABI PEANUTS which i have never had, but am itching to eat and share at school, and the fourth, which i couldn't help opening, was a pair of FROGGEH PANTIES.
i think my SS was the one and only froggalini! and i will think of you every time those panties are huggin' my butt. i absolutely love everything, thank you so much! happy.gif
Eli
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 17 2008, 08:36 PM) *
Ho ho ho! Santa hasn't forgotten Eli at all - he's been such a good little boy, he's at the top of the list. wink.gif

Santa's elves are snowed in up here at the North Pole, so your gifts may be slightly delayed. Santa is very sorry, but he'll get a nice, thick instrument and insert it into the elves so that they get their groove on.

(Santa also needs to wait for a day where he is home and a post office is open - but no worries, it'll be worth the wait)

Thats all right (I know how those elves can be..), I knew Santa wouldn't forget!
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (syuu @ Dec 18 2008, 01:39 AM) *
i think my SS was the one and only froggalini! and i will think of you every time those panties are huggin' my butt

And I will think of you thinking of her. These things keep me warm in the long cold winter months...
Moosh
Okay, so I opened it this morning and zomg it's so awesome! I took pics but my card-reader is being a duckflap so will have to wait a few days.

I got: Roast Ox flavour crisps (that'd be awesome in itself, but it gets better), a Cock-a-Doodle (a notepad with drawings of naked men on without genitals, and a pencil with which to fill in those missing gentials), and a fried-egg stencil, in the shape of a penis.

Wow. That's some pretty awesome gifts right there, from the amazing Candice!
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Dec 18 2008, 10:54 AM) *
a Cock-a-Doodle (a notepad with drawings of naked men on without genitals, and a pencil with which to fill in those missing gentials

Very nearly laughed very loudly at that. Would have drawn some odd looks in the office, leading to me having to explain why. THAT was a near-miss situation...
Moosh
I ate the crisps. They taste exactly like a roast ox, that is to say, most excellent.
Industrial Kybosh
If they're the crisps I'm thinking of, they do them in my favourite local pub, and they are a bit special. Very nice when enjoyed alongside a refreshing pint of Marston's Pedigree.

Now I've made myself thirsty. And hungry. -__-
Phyllis
Yay! I'm glad you liked it, Moosh. biggrin.gif Did you suspect that I was your Santa before you opened it? I tried to be tricky, but I'm not sure if I was successful. About the stealthiest thing I did was spell favorite with a U.

The Cock-A-Doodle and penis egg fryer were both inspired by the fact that I originally wanted to get him Betty Dye (warning: slightly adult link, probably not work safe). It's stocked by Superdrug in the UK, but my local one didn't have any! Sad.

The crisps were Real Crisps brand, InKy. My sister also received a packet (along with about 11 other types of interestingly flavored crisps) from moop and I for Christmas. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.