Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone fancy doing Secret Santa again?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Cath Sparrow
Is now curiose as to what the other 11 flavours could be.....
Phyllis
QUOTE (Cath @ Dec 18 2008, 03:13 PM) *
Is now curiose as to what the other 11 flavours could be.....

Roast chicken, smoky bacon, prawn cocktail, cheese and onion, steak...basically flavors we don't have in the US. Mostly meaty, but strangely enough they're all vegetarian!
Industrial Kybosh
Meaty flavours often are. Odd, eh?
Smiler
Meaty flavours can be a little hit or miss but most are good Branigans I think are one of the better brands able to do 'em

QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Dec 18 2008, 10:54 AM) *
I took pics but my card-reader is being a duckflap so will have to wait a few days.

Also, very good usage of the duckflap terminology, Ryn will be so pleased, she's still trying to spread it's general usage. It gains me an odd look or two at work.
Secret Santa
HoHoHo

Izzy, Your present should be on its way very soon!
Smiler
Ms Ashbless you are a wonder!
I've got my gift! I ripped it open as soon as I got home and giggled my way up to bed. Great pressies! It was only stupid customs requirements that gave the game away.

Evie wanted to check out the pressies and actually walked over me to get there while I took the pics, actually over-aweing Nunzilla (pic2)! Then I tried to shoo her away and she protested by trying to act like the dino...or maybe the bears on the card I don't know; cute though. Thank you.

You even got in a smiley feature - nice! Bonus marks for it being edible! Triple bonus mark from Ryn for her tree dec. of a faerie hugging a snowman too (which I forgot to photo, sorry) and thanks for the postcard wink.gif I'm off to getr high on bean sugar before bed. YAY!
Yannick
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 18 2008, 07:56 PM) *
HoHoHo

Izzy, Your present should be on its way very soon!

Yay! biggrin.gif Do I get a hint as to what it is? Pwease? unsure.gif
Secret Santa
HoLoLo. (Couldn't resist.)

Do not fret dear LoLo, you haven't been forgotten. There was a bit of a creative lapse when picking your pressies, but they will be winging it's way to you as soon as those elves return from their joy ride in my sleigh (don't ask)!
Secret Santa
Ho ho! Snoo's pressie was posted 1st class today by my elves. Enjoy smile.gif
Phyllis
ohmy.gif

I am now slightly wondering if Ms Ashbless re-gifted the Nunzilla I got her last year, or if it was just so awesome that she had to get Smiler one of his very own. tongue.gif
mooooooooooopo
My present has arrived. biggrin.gif Thanks Cath for the winged kitten (we named him Pickle), animal puzzles and unidentified betentacled beast (now named Fluffy).

Finally I have a winged kitten. It's a dream come true! Look out winged mice.

I'm still trying to work out what the tentacled beast is for, current winners are a stylish hat, fancy armband or garter or a halo to indicate my purity and innocence. >_>
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (moop @ Dec 19 2008, 12:48 PM) *
unidentified betentacled beast (now named Fluffy).

o_O

Photos needed, methinks. It's not an emissary of our lord Cthulhu, is it?

cand - surely no-one can resist the charms of Nunzilla!
Cath Sparrow
It's called a Stretchy Ping Thing which I think pretty much describes it. Glad you liked them and I felt the Winged Kitten was obviously needed as I dread to think what the infestation of wing mice is like these days. tongue.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I got my pressie today! (Royal Mail, you outdid yourself)

I got a penguin bowling game and a jelly penguin sweet thing biggrin.gif

Thank you Santa!
froggle-rock
QUOTE (syuu @ Dec 18 2008, 01:39 AM) *
HOLYCRAP.
i just got my gift. this is, by far, (next to the inky mixed cds) one of the BESTGIFTSEVAR.

if i had a camera, i'd definitely take photos - package one was a pair of frilly blue panties with 'fancy pants' written in glitter along the waistband, the second was a black and white striped pair with a little red bow on front, the third was WASABI PEANUTS which i have never had, but am itching to eat and share at school, and the fourth, which i couldn't help opening, was a pair of FROGGEH PANTIES.
i think my SS was the one and only froggalini! and i will think of you every time those panties are huggin' my butt. i absolutely love everything, thank you so much! happy.gif

QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Dec 18 2008, 09:53 AM) *
QUOTE (syuu @ Dec 18 2008, 01:39 AM) *
i think my SS was the one and only froggalini! and i will think of you every time those panties are huggin' my butt

And I will think of you thinking of her. These things keep me warm in the long cold winter months...

And I'll think of you Inky, thinking of Syuu thinking of me to keep my toes warm at night >_>

Syuu, I'm so glad you liked them all happy.gif I kinda got Becky and myself a pair of the stripey ones too because they are so cute dry.gif biggrin.gif The nuts.... Well I just hope you've had wasabi before coz yeah... Great way to clear your nosekehehehhe

I quite like the who getttin a pressie in the post and opening it before Christmas, like yeah. Keeps me going till I get to open all the rest y'know. And like because we are like doing this together it's nice to share what we gots. But folks, PIX PLOIX!!
Industrial Kybosh
There's a lot of warmth and thought in this thread. It's a beautiful thing.
mooooooooooopo
Finally got around to taking photos. I take no responsibility for the charming faces I am pulling:

Betentacled Beast 1
Betentacled Beast 2
Betentacled Beast 3

Aminals

Pickle 1
Pickle 2
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I just took a picture, especially for you Froggie!

Penguin bowling
Secret Santa
Mata I'm sure your waiting eagerly and paitently for your gift, but I think..the elves..choose the 'special' raindeer to make the delivery, and so it might take a few days or so for him to find his way there.
Mata
No problem Santa. I have the patience of a saint (some day I might give it back).
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (moop @ Dec 19 2008, 07:08 PM) *

Very nice. Perv rubber Elizabethan style.

snoo - I love the not-entirely-relevant House boxset arrangement there. Adds a pleasantly surreal touch. Because using tiny penguins as bowling pins is completely normal...
Secret Santa
Due to industrial action elves have delayed the mailing of on InKy's gift. Their rebellion has now been kyboshed though and delivery was handed to the mail drone today.

You should get it just in time for Crimbo.
Secret Santa
Pixie dear, your present is almost with you. My contacts in the postal service (elves in disguise) have been given special instructions and you should look out for a little bundle early in the week ;o) ohmy.gif*
Industrial Kybosh
A gift, and a selection of ripe puns. This could be the happiest day of my life. wink.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Dec 20 2008, 07:47 AM) *
QUOTE (moop @ Dec 19 2008, 07:08 PM) *

snoo - I love the not-entirely-relevant House boxset arrangement there. Adds a pleasantly surreal touch. Because using tiny penguins as bowling pins is completely normal...

Well I was sitting on my bed and they wouldn't stand up on the duvet and it just happened to be the nearest flat thing in reach(been watching Season 3 in anticipation of getting Season 4 for Christmas)... took me a while to get it flat enough that the marble would stay still though!
Smiler
QUOTE (candice @ Dec 19 2008, 08:21 AM) *
I am now slightly wondering if Ms Ashbless re-gifted the Nunzilla I got her last year, or if it was just so awesome that she had to get Smiler one of his very own. tongue.gif

Considering the fun I've had terrorising the cat with Nunzilla I couldn't believe it'd be re-gifted biggrin.gif although... is this our first Secret Santa intrigue scandal???! wink.gif heehee

QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Dec 20 2008, 12:49 PM) *
A gift, and a selection of ripe puns. This could be the happiest day of my life. wink.gif

Santa was kinda cheesy with that one. Well done.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Smiler @ Dec 20 2008, 03:14 PM) *
Considering the fun I've had terrorising the cat with Nunzilla I couldn't believe it'd be re-gifted biggrin.gif although... is this our first Secret Santa intrigue scandal???! wink.gif heehee

Ashbless has confirmed that it is indeed the very same Nunzilla! I don't mind. smile.gif I'm glad you're having fun with her!

That is one well-traveled nun! She has gone from Derby to Canada to Woking, and before that she was probably made in China or similar. I think she may be plotting world domination. ohmy.gif

I attempted to wear Fluffy (the betentacled beast) as a ruff last night, and it ended rather painfully. Apparently rubbery tentacles get stuck in long hair quite easily. Who knew?
Smiler
Ashbless you naughty girl! wink.gif Oh well, it made me giggle and the cat's a little scared of it I think smile.gif World dominating nuns, haven't they already pretty much been part of the christian domination thang? Or was that just phase one? Dear Bob, don't let one of 'em get iradiated and grow to mammoth proportions, we'd be doooooomed
Ashbless
I did say in the postcard that a toy had escaped captivity. It also frightened Dante. I thought I'd set it free to terrorize others.
It joins the ranks of the wandering gifts. I received the 'cute to the point of diabetes' ceramic back again this year. biggrin.gif It'll take a position of honour on the bookshelf until wandering away at Christmas next year.

I'm glad you like it. I had a fair bit of fun getting it. It was much admired by friends here. Candice utterly rocks.

Santa takes a dimmer view. laugh.gif
I've been told I'm not going to get my pressie until later. I suppose I'll go out and do some nice stuff and get back off the naughty list. Does driving a hour or so through blizzard conditions to look after a friend's cat count? That's what happens later today.
*would like to find the people responsible for white Christmas in Victoria wishes*
Faerieryn
Can I say from me Ashbless, that my little pressie is sitting on the tree right now. It looks mighty pretty!
Pixelgoth
I got my secret santa today so thanks Ryn and Matt for your very imaginative gives.

The prefect/perfect badge is fab as I always wanted to be a prefect at school but was only ever perfect wink.gif The fairy/angel and dragon are also spot on as they are two of my very favourite things. I shall have lots of conversations with them when I can't sleep or am sad laugh.gif I shall also be using my thinking gum when I am getting back into work mode in January smile.gif

Also, thanks to Frog for the inspirational and moving note she put in. It confused me a little as I opened that before the card and thought you'd bought me my secret santa. I shall carry the note around with me (along with the finger puppets!) and when I feel down this Xmas season I'll re-read it and think of you and everyone who's been so support brilliant here on Matazone.

Festive hugs to you all biggrin.gif
Industrial Kybosh
A large and heavily annotated package arrived this morn chez moi, containing three packages of boundless wonder.

The first was filled with some Christmas classics: a Fortune Teller Fish (a Christmas cracker standby - always tells me I'm 'passionate'. Look out, ladies...), a kazoo ('Hooray', my wife's face seemed to say, 'something else for him to make irritating noises with'), and a metal slinky. It's sad to admit that this is my first ever slinky, having spent my childhood in a bungalow, so I'll be having lots of fun running up and down the stairs like a fool. A passionate fool. With a kazoo.

Second parcel contained 'Poptastic - The Bubblewrap Keyring', which is with me at work right now. It will remain here, alongside my rubber ducky and Orange squeezy house, filed under 'Stress - Relief Of'. I just hope the batteries don't run out before New Year...

Best of all, though, was parcel number three: an ice tray for making ice in the shape of skulls and cross bones. Excellent stuff! I probably won't get much use out of it until the weather turns, but rest assured, my summertime G&T will be that little bit more piratey.

Love it love it love it. Not sure who it was from though. The oddly familiar handwriting, and the sneaky scribbling of the now legendary 'conform consume obey' catchphrase 'pon the jiffy bag made me think... perhaps... Mata?

[EDIT] Already, I can't leave the bloody keyring alone. This isn't even a particularly stressful day. It's just so... satisfying...
Mata
Not guilty, m'lud, but the image of a passionate fool with a kazoo did make me do an office-chuckle.
Industrial Kybosh
Evidently my identity guessing skills are on par with my identity disguising skills. -___-

Would the real Secret Santa please stand up?
Cath Sparrow
*does the I know I know dance and runs off giggling maniachally*
EvilSpork
/me humps Inky's leg

Nor me
Secret Santa
I don't believe the time is right for spilling beans yet is it? Aren't we holding until people can't bearably guess any longer? Or should I instuct my decoy elf to take of his/her mask & santa tights to let you know who they were?
Industrial Kybosh
Don't taunt me, whelps, else I will be forced to frown at you. I need the knowledge!
Smiler
Heehee, frowning kazoo playing slinky chasin' InKy
Industrial Kybosh
Your post in the 'Merry Yule' thread clued me in sufficiently, Smiler. You make a damn good Secret Santa, sir! Bad puns notwithstanding... wink.gif
Smiler
Dammit dammit sh!t bugger and blast!
I knew my cleverness was too good to be true wink.gif I forgot I wrote that on the envelope ;(
I'm glad you enjoy your bits, I figured that I'd pretty much giggle at 'em so most matazonians would too (although single floors and slinkys biggest flaw didn't cross my mind wink.gif )
Industrial Kybosh
You figured right. I will now be able to put the stairless woes of my childhood behind me.
Smiler
biggrin.gif
Secret Santa
Eli should be happy to know Santa's anal-prodding towards the elves worked out well, and his present is on its way. Ho Ho Ho. smile.gif
Mata
That gave me whole new images. Ones that I didn't want.
Secret Santa
Santa is helpful like that. Ho Ho Ho! wink.gif
Secret Santa
Ho ho ho! Santa has found something for Sir Psycho Sexy and it will be on its way as of tomorrow. The elves are being disciplined.

Sexy.
Cath Sparrow
Yay! I got my pressie today \o/
I got a selection of american sweets, a swearing toy parrot (for which I'd not found the battery isolater tag untill I'd sat down with my parents and brother at lunch time and then went and set it off talking blink.gif ) and a cool skellital fairy pendant. Ooo! I forgot to mention all the american kitchen towel I got to. tongue.gif I do have piccies but they're stuck on my phone at the moment. sad.gif

I'm guessing it maybe was Missy.....
Secret Santa
QUOTE (Cath @ Dec 24 2008, 12:03 PM) *
Yay! I got my pressie today \o/
I got a selection of american sweets, a swearing toy parrot (for which I'd not found the battery isolater tag untill I'd sat down with my parents and brother at lunch time and then went and set it off talking blink.gif ) and a cool skellital fairy pendant. Ooo! I forgot to mention all the american kitchen towel I got to. tongue.gif I do have piccies but they're stuck on my phone at the moment. sad.gif

I'm guessing it maybe was Missy.....

Wrong. ph34r.gif

Santa was wondering what his naughty elves were up to when he remembered what the kitchen towels were. tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
Bah! I hate trying to guess and I really have no clue except it's one of our American forumites who wasn't on my half of the list. So I guess my next guess would be Syuu..... huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.