Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone fancy doing Secret Santa again?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Eli
Merry Christmas! or Chanukah or Kwanzaa!
Secret Santa
Mata, Santa is very sorry if you are still waiting for your gift, it should be there...soon. (Santa is also worried about the gift..those elves can be a little rough with the presents.)
Secret Santa
QUOTE (Cath @ Dec 25 2008, 01:26 PM) *
Bah! I hate trying to guess and I really have no clue except it's one of our American forumites who wasn't on my half of the list. So I guess my next guess would be Syuu..... huh.gif

Hehe. Wrong again. Care for a hint? tongue.gif
Ashbless
Santa, I've been ever so good for at least a couple days. Will you give the elves my pressie soon?
I realize seasonal layoffs are taking up your time. I'll just wait patiently okay?
laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
Please! huh.gif
Mata
Don't worry Santa, I'm patient. There are a couple of things that I'm waiting for in the post, but I hear that Oxford's post is notoriously lax at pushing things through at any speed. I'll let you know when it gets here. smile.gif
LoLo
I got home from a long day of work today to find my secret santa gift waiting for me....biggrin.gif It's so very cool! Thank you secret santa SPS!

That's an eyeball that always looks up when it rolls, a stretchy monkey that will soon be on my car's window, and zebra socks that I think my co-worker may attempt to steal from me, but she can't have them!
Smiler
A monkey that stretches! Thats like twice the monkey fun! Or more of it... or maybe just a thinner monkey, either way it's good
Faerieryn
Who has me!!!!????!!!!!
EvilSpork
(Froggie)

OMG! ROLLING EYEBALL XD So much fun as a child.... and a teen. Though I might not of bought one in th elast few years.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Secret Santa once again foiled by US Customs!
LoLo
QUOTE (Sir Psycho Sexy @ Dec 28 2008, 03:07 PM) *
Secret Santa once again foiled by US Customs!

That and the P.Cave return address kind of gave it away.

I used my brothers name and address to throw Spoony off.
Mata
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Dec 27 2008, 04:39 PM) *
Who has me!!!!????!!!!!

Smiler, I would presume... Oh, you mean as a Secret Santa? biggrin.gif

It was me. I was stumped for ideas (presuming that any fairy-related or sparkly thing that I could find, you would also probably have found by now too) so when I found a little shop in London selling those cute little collectable figures it seemed like a good idea. I'm glad you like it! I got Sues one first, we had a look, decided they were cool, and got them for quite a few people this year!
Faerieryn
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 29 2008, 02:18 PM) *
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Dec 27 2008, 04:39 PM) *
Who has me!!!!????!!!!!

Smiler, I would presume... Oh, you mean as a Secret Santa? biggrin.gif

It was me. I was stumped for ideas (presuming that any fairy-related or sparkly thing that I could find, you would also probably have found by now too) so when I found a little shop in London selling those cute little collectable figures it seemed like a good idea. I'm glad you like it! I got Sues one first, we had a look, decided they were cool, and got them for quite a few people this year!

Certainly explains the randomness. He is very cute. I especially like his little scarf. I need to name him now as devil robot doesn't really match his personality. What do people think of a matazone inspired name like... DUCK FLAP!!!!!????
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 16 2008, 11:40 AM) *
Ho ho ho, I'm shaking my belly like a bowl full of jelly!
I'm afraid that the elves are being little ****s and are taking their time to make SPS's gift and send it off. It will come, Santa promises; like Guinness, good things come to those who wait!

So....Santa, didja send it?
elphaba2
Opened mine last night--thanks for the excellent (warm warm warm!) flappy hat and delicious toffees, Santa! I know I have an English Santa, but haven't got much of a clue as to who, given the sneakiness of sig (wiggly line) and lack of return address. Guessing....snoo?
Yannick
Omg, omg, omg, I love you Chelsey! Got home from the airport about ten minutes ago, and the first thing I did was open your totally kickass gift. biggrin.gif
Picture
...Video >_>[/url]
I was gonna do more of the song, but I started thinking about how silly it must look on camera and stopped.. unsure.gif
Mata
Is that a fluffy guitar? Awesome.
froggle-rock
Won't be hurtin' yoself whens ya headbang wiv eeeyt, aye happy.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Jan 4 2009, 01:52 AM) *
Opened mine last night--thanks for the excellent (warm warm warm!) flappy hat and delicious toffees, Santa! I know I have an English Santa, but haven't got much of a clue as to who, given the sneakiness of sig (wiggly line) and lack of return address. Guessing....snoo?

I'm afraid it wasn't me, I was Voices' Santa!

(but flappy hats FTW)
Cath Sparrow
And yet again I get to do the 'I Know' dance. tongue.gif
Secret Santa
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Jan 3 2009, 08:52 PM) *

Glad you liked them Amy smile.gif

I'm not snoo, guess again?

I could of sworn there was a return address on the bottom of the box though...
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (Yannick @ Jan 3 2009, 08:33 PM) *
Omg, omg, omg, I love you Chelsey! Got home from the airport about ten minutes ago, and the first thing I did was open your totally kickass gift. biggrin.gif

Whoo! I'm so glad you like it. And that video made me smile like crazy. smile.gif

But I had a lot of fun sewing it, though my family thought I had lost it when They saw me tracing my guitar onto fabric. tongue.gif
Eli
QUOTE (Yannick @ Jan 3 2009, 09:33 PM) *
Picture
...Video >_>[/url]
I was gonna do more of the song, but I started thinking about how silly it must look on camera and stopped.. unsure.gif

Wow, really cool guiter Izzy.(Couldn't see the video though, computer being stupid) I can't believe she actually made that.
Yannick
QUOTE (Eli @ Jan 4 2009, 09:13 PM) *
Wow, really cool guiter Izzy.(Couldn't see the video though, computer being stupid) I can't believe she actually made that.

Ffs, guitar. With an a. Been telling you that since like 5th grade now. tongue.gif

I'll put it on my iTouch and show you tomorrow.
elphaba2
Cheesemoose! I think. Hey kids, here's a picture of the lovely hat being taken out on the town:

Moosh
Yeah! I'm glad hats still look awesome in Canadia, it had me worried for a bit.

I really should put up photos of mine. I will soon honest.

Edit: So, I tried to take the pics off the memory card from my camera, and now the computer's telling me it can't open them because ".jpg" is an unknown file format. Pah.
Industrial Kybosh
Now that is an excellent titfer. The flaps really do add something. Looks cozy too. Stylish, yet practical - good gifting!
Ashbless
It came! Santa's gift came! It's coffee. Hurray for Dead River Blend coffee!

Er, now I'll have to keep my new years resolution of unpacking boxes that hide behind the couch. Somewhere within one mystery box lurks the coffee grinder. Santa sees all. It's sorta spooky.

Hurray for coffee!
LoLo
QUOTE (Ashbless @ Jan 5 2009, 11:08 PM) *
It came! Santa's gift came! It's coffee. Hurray for Dead River Blend coffee!

Er, now I'll have to keep my new years resolution of unpacking boxes that hide behind the couch. Somewhere within one mystery box lurks the coffee grinder. Santa sees all. It's sorta spooky.

Hurray for coffee!

For some reason the first time I read that, as I was skimming, I read, "It came! Santa's gift came! It's a camel." lol

oh and mmmmm coffee, can you send some my way? I'm out. lol jk
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jan 6 2009, 04:45 PM) *
"It came! Santa's gift came! It's a camel."

You can get a camel for 5? And I've been walking to work?
EvilSpork
Canadian customs is horrible D: Sorry that took so long Ashbless, I sent it on time for international post even O_o I guess they don't particularly like letting coffee into the country. The other half is... Well... Let's just cross our fingers on customs for the rest of your gift I guess.

(Hope I didn't spoil your guessing fun ph34r.gif Not that it wasn't blatantly obvious where it came from)
elphaba2
Canadian customs is horrible. My Santee hasn't even gotten its gift yet, and I sent it nearly four weeks ago ohmy.gif
Mata
*Twiddles thumbs* It's good though... I get to claim that Christmas hasn't finished yet biggrin.gif
Eli
All this talk of customs and slow mail has me a bit worried. My present can only take so much waiting and handling. Certain 'things' I'm afraid might be ruined.. and I sent it like on the 6th of December.. sad.gif
Daria
Some receipients may be staying somewhere other than their house for the Christmas and new year period, and will return home on the 12th of January wink.gif
Secret Santa
HO! HO! HO! Fear ye not, I've been inspecting the workshop and found one or two slacker elfs to suitable chastise!
One particular piece was with the dallying elfs but I have despatched my black-op elves to deliver a little extra gift to Pixie and hopefully she'll get this over the next day or so.
Cath Sparrow
*sniggers* Black Opp Elves, do the have dulled tinsel and muted bells? biggrin.gif
Smiler
heehee, they're dangerous... they hold Santa's house sneaking/ breking in ability and being small and black-op have no jingly bell warning tones and are harder to see in the dark
Pixelgoth
And my present has arrived biggrin.gif

I really don't know what to say to you guys. You've obviously gone to a lot of time, effort, trouble and thought to get a card signed by all those people and send me another gift which is very very cute and does make me SMILE biggrin.gif

I really am touched and don't know how to thank you and express how happy I am that I have such a wonderful WONDERFUL group of people on this site who are thinking about me and caring about me.

There just aren't enough words!

THANK YOU!!! laugh.gif
Phyllis
YAY! I'm glad it reached you before you set off on your world travels. smile.gif
Smiler
That was the main worry after you said you were off doin' a 'Willy Fogg' but we pulled through biggrin.gif
Glad you got the card!
Mata
We all hope this year has a negative suckiness quotient for you to balance out the last few. (Although perhaps we won't all express it using those terms.)
Smiler
Just because you have a Doctorate doesn't mean you can make up words Mata.

Unless it does in which case I stand correctified.
froggle-rock
Kehehehe

(not spam, j0)
Industrial Kybosh
Good to hear you got it in time, slaaaaag. I tells ya, the trouble we had with Royal Mail (round my way, at least), I'm amazed it arrived before Easter... <__<

I second all previous comments regarding negative suckiness, and hope you enjoy your travels.
Pixelgoth
I fully intend to enjoy my travels and I also hope for much negative suckness this year. It's about bloody time things started going a bit better. I have had my share of fun stuff to. It's not ALL been sucky for me but the suckiness has indeed overshadowed the good times considerably sad.gif

Ah well, here's hoping 2009 brings fun and frolicks especially with a handsome man wink.gif
Cath Sparrow
Yeh Inky's postal service sucks big time and he also now has my address......... ph34r.gif
But we kicked in with good old british spirit and carried on reguardless. tongue.gif
Mata
We sang show tunes to keep our spirits up. You've not lived until you've seen InKy as Eliza Dolittle.
Industrial Kybosh
It was luvverly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.