Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone fancy doing Secret Santa again?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Cath Sparrow
*looks innocent* Cant think why either Cand...... biggrin.gif

Erm....... I'm a picky b*tch where food's conserned so I would surgest it as something simplest to avoid, apart from sweets (as long as there's no banananananana's involved). Likes wierd stuff and pirates and wierd stuff and random stuff, not big on pink but if it's suitable wierd whilst being pink that can be over looked. Erm.... books, comics, costume erm...World of Warcraft....... and stuff.... oh and winged kittens *peers pointedly at Cand also on moops behalf*

Well I think that suitable unhelpfull. Have fun tongue.gif
mooooooooooopo
I like weird and crazy stuff, things that make odd noises, winged kittens (good job on pointing that out, Cath biggrin.gif), root beer (can't get it here!) and american sweets.
I hate mushrooms, creamy sauces and bananas. That statement doesn't seem entirely relevant though.

Cand already mentioned that I'm vegetarian.
EvilSpork
I like motorbikes, odd things, old things, orange things, cool/odd/old/weird/specialized gadgets, interesting bandanas/headscarves, and I don't really know what to say beyond that.

Edit:

Food? I don't know why you'd be shipping it, but I eat anything (unless it's something really bizarre or gross, like gizzards or something, but you wouldn't be shipping internal organs anyway). I drink a lot of coffee, so coffee or coffee related stuff works.
Mata
Hmmm... I like baths, spicy food, savoury snacks and unusual food , really stylish design, Ghost in the Shell (although I've already got playing cards and a couple of figures as presents from other years), illustration (although most books of illustration cost a fortune so that's probably irrelevant). I'm omniverous and will try pretty much anything (I've got stag for my sandwiches this week).

I do love Mr Floppity (our housebunny) and Pascal (his beaver friend) but I think I've got enough soft toys whispering wayward influences at me. I'm not a regular fan of sweets, although I do enjoy them when I'm in the occasional mood for things like chocolate. I'm not usually a coffee drinker.

That'll probably do!
elphaba2
I like funny posters off the street, colorful things, old t-shirts and hot drinks. Also: music, funny stories, cheap red lipstick and group naps. I don't like photos of creepy people, cold wind or spilled rice. You can send me gelatin if you want, but I'll be a little weirded out.
MistressAlti
I like bizarre gadgets and cute fluffy things. I especially like things that somehow combine the two.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Nov 16 2008, 08:52 PM) *
I like bizarre gadgets and cute fluffy things. I especially like things that somehow combine the two.

So it's safe to assume you own a pair of furry handcuffs?
Industrial Kybosh
Who doesn't?
Pikasyuu
I don't - mine are barbed. And laced with poison.
Daria
I don't ;-;
EvilSpork
I do own a pair of fuzzy handcuffs >_>
MistressAlti
QUOTE (syuu @ Nov 17 2008, 11:44 AM) *
I don't - mine are barbed. And laced with poison.

That's hot.

*whistles masochism tango*
Mata
I've got fluffy shackles. I'm just an old-fashioned boy at heart.
Industrial Kybosh
I'm just saving up for furry stocks, where I can be locked up and pelted with kittens.
leopold
Really? Will you have room for that next to the velour covered rack and the rubber tipped iron maiden?
Moosh
I like geeky things, shiny things, cute things, fluffy things and pretty things. Unusual things are always good. I like other people's music too.

I don't really like ice-cream, chocolate or baked beans. I really don't like over-sized insects/spiders/other scuttley things.

I'm not a veggie, and eat most things, apart from as said above.
Daria
QUOTE (leopold @ Nov 20 2008, 10:41 AM) *
Really? Will you have room for that next to the velour covered rack and the rubber tipped iron maiden?

MMMmmMMmmMmm... Velour...
EvilSpork
How comes the list? tongue.gif
Phyllis
Fine. tongue.gif People still have until the 1st to sign up.
Faerieryn
I like silly things that involve fluffyness
I'm a music freak. I AM A FAERIE NUT in case you hadn't noticed
I don't like things that take up too much space in my house (believe me too much space is not a lot!)
I'm not a veggie or anything too freaky as far as food is concerned. I got a bar of chilli chocolate last year!

As to sending things to the states. Last year I sent my pressie straight from a US based store to my Secret Santa.

By the way didn't we do this using a santa user last year?
Yannick
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Nov 24 2008, 07:22 PM) *
By the way didn't we do this using a santa user last year?

Yeah! I'll PM Candice now with the username/pass and she can just send it to everyone along with the person they're buying for. That way people can ask questions without it being obvious.
Eli
Kinda cutting it close with the deadline, but count me in! (Was at my dad's for Thanksgiving break and they have no internet...or cable.) Heard from Izzy that the Secret Santa went pretty good, thought I include myself.

I like random and wierd things. Stuff thats random and colorful is good too. Not to picky, whatever is good. Oh sweets and candy..those are good too.
Don't really like model things you have to build (well don't have the patience to build one anyways) and rap music.
Im not biest with my food, I welcome all with open arms.
Phyllis
Okay, today is the last day for sign-ups! Tomorrow I will be PMing Cath with her half of the list and we will be assinging your victims recipients. biggrin.gif

Here is the list as it stands right now:

Cath
Candice
moop
LoLo
elphaba
snoo
syuu
Ashbless
Mata
CheeseMoose
InKy
Spoony
Daria
SPS
Pixie
voices
Ryn
Smiler
Eli
Izzy
Frog

Is anyone who wants to participate missing from that list?
Phyllis
I have PMed Cath her half of the list!

I'm currently waiting on a response to a PM I sent to one Miss Froggington to see if she definitely wants to be included. wink.gif I have a cunning plan, though, and I'm going to be able to assign (almost) everyone else on my list their recipients while I await her response.

Okay, now it is time for me to start drawing names! You should all have your recipients soon.
Industrial Kybosh
eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

*thrums with excitement*
Mata
I now know my victim. Now I have to formulate some ideas... Hm.
Eli
When's the due date for our person's "gift"?
Phyllis
QUOTE (Eli @ Dec 2 2008, 02:37 PM) *
When's the due date for our person's "gift"?

Christmas. tongue.gif wink.gif

Since I know that your victim is not in the same country as you, I'd advise you to mail it on or before the 12th.
Eli
Now all I have to do is think of the..perfect gift.
Yannick
QUOTE (Eli @ Dec 2 2008, 12:45 PM) *

You're coming with me to the mall Saturday, I think I know the perfect store.. biggrin.gif
Phyllis
I have my person! biggrin.gif This should be fun.
Moosh
Oooh I have a person. Now for the thinking of present ideas...
Cath Sparrow
I'm pretty sure everyone should have someone now as Cand's done her list and I've just finished mine. I also have my victim....Mwahahar!!!! *rubs hands together*
EvilSpork
A fiver now translates to $7.50, so we're getting a little tighter limit tongue.gif

/me plots his gift and checks USPS shipping dates >_>
Phyllis
Yep, everyone should have received a PM with their recipient's name and address from either me or Cath by now! If you didn't, please PM me.
elphaba2
Wowmygosh, fiver = $9.27 CAD. My person will receive such riches! Such riches as ain't nobody ever dreamed.

It was snowing as I walked home from class today--this was a good thing to find waiting in my messenger. Feels like Christmas! Eeeeee biggrin.gif
Eli
QUOTE (Yannick @ Dec 2 2008, 11:39 AM) *

You're coming with me to the mall Saturday, I think I know the perfect store.. biggrin.gif

Wait, what store? Spencers?
Yannick
QUOTE (Eli @ Dec 2 2008, 10:09 PM) *
QUOTE (Yannick @ Dec 2 2008, 11:39 AM) *

Wait, what store? Spencers?

Well... Yeah, they have some cool stuff. I'm also thinking Toys R Us and maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Oh, and Dylan's Candy Shop! We. Are. Going. In. There.

I told my mom we were going with Nina, Safira, and Anny. Don't care whether they come or not, though.
Eli
Izzy 1 guy and a bunch of girls? I told my mom we were going to the movies with a bunch of friends.
Yannick
QUOTE (Eli @ Dec 2 2008, 10:47 PM) *
Izzy 1 guy and a bunch of girls? I told my mom we were going to the movies with a bunch of friends.

Festival Bay Mall sucks though. sad.gif They don't even have any decent stores besides Vans and Pac Sun. Just name some guys and say we're all going shopping.

*edit* Florida Mall is the only one that has Dylan's Candy Shop.
Eli
That's what I told her, what to you think "a bunch of friends" meant? I just asked her if I could hang out with some friends on saturday, she dosn't care where.
Industrial Kybosh
Isn't this the kind of conversation that PMs were made for? wink.gif

Got mine now, too. And it's a doozy, I can tell you. I'm almost a little intimidated. Still, on with the shopping!
Phyllis
Now I am looking at Cath's half of the list and wondering who InKy could have who is intimidating! I shouldn't do that, though. Last year I ended up knowing who everyone's Santa was before my gift arrived. I am going to be good this year.
Industrial Kybosh
I find most people intimidating. I live my entire life with a pigeon-like expression of terror on my face.

Honestly though, there are people on that list that I've known for a while but not spoken to often recently, people I barely know at all, and people I know inside-out. Each of these groups presents its own difficulty, but to this challenge I shall rise, and rise most magnificently!
Mata
Whoever has InKy can cross 'pigeon mask' off their list of ideas.
Cath Sparrow
Inky dear that's why you were sent the Secret Santa sign in so you can ask questions with out giving yourself away. tongue.gif
*pats*

and Cand *slaps wrist* step away from the list! No trying to figure it out!
Industrial Kybosh
Ahh, Cath - that's presuming the person fits into Category Two. Only you and I know the truth. And ain't that the real fun of it all?
Cath Sparrow
*snigger* Indeed.
Secret Santa
Mata, Santa was looking at your gifts from last year and was wondering how you would feel about... "Fried Twinkies"? (This is intended to be a joke..but they do seriously exsist.)
Secret Santa
Dear Ashbless,

Santa here. Ho ho ho. Could you possibly post some things you dislike, like, anything you are allergic to, so on and so forth so my enslaved children - I mean ELVES! Yes, elves, know what to make for you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.