Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Meet 1: The Pre-amble to UK meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Pixelgoth
OK people....are we actually doing this or not? rolleyes.gif This thread seems to have fallen by the way side and I think it needs a virtual bum kick so we can sort a date out.

Can I suggest we pick the last weekend in April (25/26th) and stick with it?!? biggrin.gif

I'm happy to meet in Manchester, Birmingham, London or even near me in Essex although travel and accommodation may be a slight problem there biggrin.gif
Mata
That's the weekend after I've got some important stuff at work, so it sounds like a damn good point to go and get pissed with old friends. April 25th/26th is fine by me.

Tell you what Sam, we'll go wherever this was agreed to be, and anyone else is welcome to turn up. Who else is up for joining us?
Witless
GO GO GADGET APRIL 25/26!

I'd be up for that too, been a bit absent as of late, been extra super busy with a house move and a "last semester of my last year of uni" thing.
But I am sure I can leave my computer to render out a load of frames of my final animation for that weekend.
Pixelgoth
Cool biggrin.gif I can't remember where we said we'd all meet up?

I'm happy meet wherever so let's have some suggestions people. Otherwise looks like I'm coming to Oxford biggrin.gif

ALSO it can be a belated bday get together as it's my bday on 15th April wink.gif
Mata
Oxford is good for me wink.gif

Unless we get a load of other people pitching in, such as Brummies or other northern-esque folk, then it's either Oxford (where I can find sleeping space for two if they're happy to share a room and there is 24 hour transport back to London) or London (which is pretty central for us three).
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 1 2009, 01:51 PM) *
Oxford is good for me wink.gif

Unless we get a load of other people pitching in, such as Brummies or other northern-esque folk, then it's either Oxford (where I can find sleeping space for two if they're happy to share a room and there is 24 hour transport back to London) or London (which is pretty central for us three).

Well let's see if anyone else chips in? I don't mind sharing a bed but I've done my back a mischief when I crashed my car and I'm currently having an osteopath look at it so I can be squished in anywhere and I can sleep on a sofa or floor sad.gif I could bring my inflatable bed but would need some help blowing it up biggrin.gif

If we do London I have to leave by 10pm though as that's my last train unless again I have somewhere I can stay??
Mata
If we do London then you'd be welcome to stay at my place if no-one else can give you floor space - that means we can leave as late as we want, but there is a 60-90 minute coach journey involved. I do have a single inflatable matress which is rather comfy.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 2 2009, 01:45 PM) *
If we do London then you'd be welcome to stay at my place if no-one else can give you floor space - that means we can leave as late as we want, but there is a 60-90 minute coach journey involved. I do have a single inflatable matress which is rather comfy.

OK. Let's see if anyone else wants to get in on the Matameet action? biggrin.gif

*looks around*

unsure.gif
Witless
Hey, Well if we do London that's easy for me since I live 15 mins from london bridge station by bus now. I have a sofa and sleeping bag available if someone wants to crash (potentially a floor but it's a very uncomfy floor) But yes, both oxford and london are good for me.
Mata
So, we meet in ten days. I can get back from London easily, and since Sam's going to be travelling the furthest, we'll let her choose the location.

On the side of Oxford, it'll be cheap because we'll probably head back to my house for an evening of booze, music, and possibly Rock Band or Sing Star if people fancy it. I also have a sofa suitable for a Sam size person and an inflatable matress that could fit about 96% of Dave on it.

On the side of London, it's convenient for Dave and closer for Sam.

Sam: it's your choice!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 16 2009, 01:39 PM) *
So, we meet in ten days. I can get back from London easily, and since Sam's going to be travelling the furthest, we'll let her choose the location.

On the side of Oxford, it'll be cheap because we'll probably head back to my house for an evening of booze, music, and possibly Rock Band or Sing Star if people fancy it. I also have a sofa suitable for a Sam size person and an inflatable matress that could fit about 96% of Dave on it.

On the side of London, it's convenient for Dave and closer for Sam.

Sam: it's your choice!

Arghhh, you're making me choose?!? ohmy.gif Don't do that. That requires me to think....bah

wink.gif

Errr. I really don't know. Is it just the 3 of us? If so perhaps we can just meet in London for the day?

IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE tongue.gif
Mata
At the moment it is just the three of us, yes. It seems that early-year meets are always tricky to get off the ground. We don't need them anyway! We'll have fun without 'em!

Can you get home easily enough from London, Pixie? I've got a coach that takes me pretty much to my door, but I don't like the idea of you with a nasty journey at the end of the night.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 21 2009, 11:08 PM) *
At the moment it is just the three of us, yes. It seems that early-year meets are always tricky to get off the ground. We don't need them anyway! We'll have fun without 'em!

Can you get home easily enough from London, Pixie? I've got a coach that takes me pretty much to my door, but I don't like the idea of you with a nasty journey at the end of the night.

OK not to worry. Yeah I can get home OK. It's quite a straightforward journey.....assuming there's no engineering??

*goes off to check trains*

Will continue this in the other thread...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.