Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Movie quotes
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft > Games
Edward_lover1200
(this may have been done before but if so I'm just reviving it)

the rules of the game are simple. name a quote then the next person says what the movie is from then names their own quote.

I shall go first:

"It's an unlicensed boxing match. It's not a tickling competition. These lads are out to hurt each other."
Aislinn Faye
Snatch.

"C'mon, Dova move yer bloomin' arse!"
Edward_lover1200
My fair lady

(good luck with this one)

"Leo... I am gonna HAVE to cut your dick off. Okay?"
Aislinn Faye
I wanna say Hard Candy..but she didn't say she'd cut it off I don't think... I dunno. I'm goin' with Hard Candy.

"And now I'm painting your silver pants blue."
vicrawr
The 40 Year Old Virgin

"Throw one at me if you want, hash head. I've got all five senses and I slept last night, that puts me six up on the lot of you."
Novander
Brick.

Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's *just* a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word.
Phyllis
Finding Neverland.

"They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? 'I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?' "
Novander
Grosse Point Blank

You are what you love, not what loves you.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Adaptation

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
vicrawr
Office Space

"Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here."
Edward_lover1200
QUOTE (Aislinn Faye @ Mar 28 2009, 08:08 PM) *
I wanna say Hard Candy..but she didn't say she'd cut it off I don't think... I dunno. I'm goin' with Hard Candy.

"And now I'm painting your silver pants blue."

*jumps up* correction: answer is Circus. and anyone who has not seen it should biggrin.gif

QUOTE (irish guy)
"Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here"

unbreakable?

"if she weighs the same as a duck....then she is made of wood...."
Yannick
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Finally one I know! biggrin.gif

"Two little mice fell into a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned, but the second mouse, he struggled so hard that he eventually churned that cream into butter and he walked out."
Moosh
Catch me if you can

"You see we're both going left. You could have just as easily been going left, too. And if that was the case... It would have been a while before you started getting scared."
leopold
Death Proof

"Maybe it was a dream, you know, a very weird, bizarre, vivid, erotic, wet, detailed dream. Maybe we have malaria."
LoLo
Weird Science

"Call a doctor, he skewered Kim!"
leopold
Edward Scissorhands. I was surprised he didn't skewer more people, what with it being a Tim Burton film and that.

"Hot lesbian witches! It's fucking genius!"
Aislinn Faye
Being John Malkovich

"It's Afghanistanimation!"
vicrawr
Super Troopers!

"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer."
mooooooooooopo
Dogma

"I am FILLED with Christ's love! You are just jealous of my success in the Lord."
Aislinn Faye
Saved!

"Do they speak English in What?"

(I know uber easy, but I had to.)
leopold
Yep, I don't even need to look this up! Pulp Fiction.

"Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for conversation, but maybe you could just shut up for a moment?"
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Fifth Element!!!

"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should"
Aislinn Faye
Jurassic Park.

"That ain't no etch-a-sketch. This is one doodle that can't be un-did, homeskillet"
LoLo
Juno

"Theoretically, people see money on the counter, and no one around, they think they're being watched.

Honesty through paranoia."
Aislinn Faye
Clerks

"I'd say, "Help... a teenager cut my balls off. Call the police." "
LoLo
Hard Candy

"I've waited eleven years, two months, and fifteen days just to find out that he's alive! "
Aislinn Faye
August Rush

"No, they would never do that. Well, the two Irish guys wouldn't, the Italian guy, he might, he's kind of an idiot"
vicrawr
Boondock Saints

"I won't argue that it was a no-holds-barred adrenaline fueled thrill-ride, but there's no way that you could perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."
Yannick
Hot Fuzz

Are there any women here today?
Moosh
Life of Brian

As a drug user, you get used to things like seeing your dead grandmother crawling up your leg with a knife in her teeth, but nobody should be asked to handle this trip.
elphaba2
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

What do you want me to do, get a wetsuit and a flashlight?
Edward_lover1200
the Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman....I think.

So remember kids, a stepdad is a lot like a new puppy. They need patience and love while they adjust to their new surroundings. But remember - if he is ever abusive to you or mommy, what are the magic numbers?
Kids: 9-1-1!
Aislinn Faye
Death to Smoochy

"At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss" carved into the stone. It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You cannot read Loss, only feel it."
Phyllis
Memoirs of a Geisha?

"Janie's a pretty typical teenager. Angry, insecure, confused. I wish I could tell her that's all going to pass, but I don't want to lie to her."
Edward_lover1200
American Beauty

A nightmare? But it was so real, so vivid. Two voluptuous women; grinding, heaving. I don't know how to describe it......have you ever been to paris?
Yannick
Dracula: Dead and Loving It

"I'm only in the song because I'm a black guy."
LoLo
Not another Teen Movie

"Isn't my house classic? The columns date all the way back to 1972. "
sizzlieswix
Clueless

"It would take more than the words than a drunken adolescent girl to rob me of my desire of you."
Edward_lover1200

Allow me to be frank at the commencement. You will not like me. The gentlemen will be envious and the ladies will be repelled.
Yannick
The Libertine

This one is really easy, and was probably the funniest part of the whole movie.

"A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned?"
LoLo
The Watchman

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."
voices_in_my_head
I believe it's from Jane Eyre...which is a book. So my best guess would be Becoming Jane. smile.gif

"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore, man. Play it loud enough, it keeps the demons at bay."
LoLo
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Apr 11 2009, 08:50 PM) *
I believe it's from Jane Eyre...which is a book. So my best guess would be Becoming Jane. smile.gif

"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore, man. Play it loud enough, it keeps the demons at bay."

Actually it was Pride and Prejudice, which is both a book and a movie. smile.gif

and I don't know your movie so please ignore this post.
Edward_lover1200
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Apr 11 2009, 08:50 PM) *

Across the Universe

One thing I could never stand was to see a filthy, dirty old drunkie, howling away at the filthy songs of his fathers and going blurp blurp in between as it might be a filthy old orchestra in his stinking, rotten guts. I could never stand to see anyone like that, whatever his age might be, but more especially when he was real old like this one was.
vicrawr
A Clockwork Orange

"If you just learn a single trick, Scout, you'll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view, until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
voices_in_my_head
To Kill a Mockingbird <3

"In seven days, God created the world. And in seven seconds, I shattered mine. "
Yannick

"What about "kinda cute, kinda hot, kinda sexy, hysterically funny, but not funny-looking guy who you could fuck" did you not understand?"
EvilSpork
Death Proof

"To me sex with men is like snow. You never know how many inches you're gonna get or how long it'll last."
Aislinn Faye
(For the record, I cannot find the movie to the quote EvilSpoon and it's killing me!!!)*

* this is not an answer to the above movie quote.
Moosh
I just googled it and found out. But that's cheating so I can't post next.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.