Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swine Flu?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
Pixelgoth
So should we? The media waxed on about bird flu and it never materialised or caused any problems however the 1st case is in Scotland.

I read somewhere that 25-45 year olds are the ones the will be most affected. I thought it would be the very old or very young.

I'm a hypochondriac at the best of times but should I seriously be worried about this?? unsure.gif
Yannick
I don't think we need to be worried. I heard this morning on the news that there have been no deaths of the 20 infected in the US, and it can be treated fairly well with some sort of anti-biotic stuff.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
Well there's not much you can do on an individual level (besides wash your hands a lot and avoid travelling to Mexico) so it's not worth worrying about imo. It's not a pandemic at the moment, so I think theres virtually no chance of catching it unless you have travelled somewhere where people are infected.

On a semi-related note, this game is a lot of fun biggrin.gif
voices_in_my_head
Mat: God, I love that game. But i can never take down Madagascar.

Pixie: Like Izzy Said, I don't think it's worth worrying about, at least not at the moment. What happened to the bird flu? The west nile virus? Anthrax, even? Just because something has the Potential to devastate, does not in any way mean it's going to.

If masses of people start dying, I'd say that's when we start to worry. smile.gif
Ashbless
I have to admit that here in British Columbia's capital people are just a bit silly about the whole thing.

I work in a pharmacy. We had a number of people come in for masks and one try to talk us into selling her an antiviral medication 'just in case I come down with swine flu because I saw a young person who looked ill'. Er, no. No we won't. Not without a prescription. Masks we sold out on as we didn't have many. Our wholesaler is SOLD OUT so it'll be interesting getting more in. It's really daft.

Advisory is that masks don't work anyway. Washing hands, using hand sanitizer, coughing into your sleeve or shoulder and staying home when you feel unwell. That's what works. Y'know, the normal things you do to avoid the flu in flu season. 2 (Two) people of the entire population of Canada have swine flu. They just came back from, you guessed it, Mexico. They have been advised to stay home until they are over the flu.

I'll worry if I have to but I'm not going to go into a panic over media scaremongering. I'm not even going to shell out money for a mask.
leopold
I'm with everyone else on this one. Until we start seeing some actual serious problems, I'd say it's not worth worrying.

Although I am feeling a bit rough today... unsure.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Apr 27 2009, 11:02 PM) *
I read somewhere that 25-45 year olds are the ones the will be most affected. I thought it would be the very old or very young.

Well, the very old or very young are susceptible to catching it, but they aren't as likely to die from it, as far as I understand. Those with healthy immune systems (ie: 25-45 year olds) are actually at a disadvantage with this kind of thing because they may develop cytokine storm.

I'm not the least bit worried. I'm ill at the moment, but it's just a bad chest cold. The same variety I have caught every couple of months since I moved here. Stupid British germs. They are very good at finding ways through my stupid American immune system. I refuse to freak out over media scaremongering. I wash my hands, blah blah, all that good stuff. If the swine flu is going to come and get me in spite of that, well there's not a whole lot I can do about it.
froggle-rock
From what I heard on the Beeb World Service, if you get treated in the first 48 hours or summit, you should be fine- I think, I could be as correct as wiki >_>. Some official types are going to Mexico to industrial pig farming place where people were getting ill for a little while and it was kinda ignored. Also: Airline stocks down, Companies that make the anti swine flue thingy's stocks up. I think I also heard on the Beeb (Seriously, I never would of figured that I would grow to appreciate the World Service as much as I do now, being not in the Engerland) that because it's kinda too late to stop it spreading. In part I feel: meah: but I also feel a bit: End of Days.

Anyways, I'll be back in the UK soon to infect y'all with some Jamaican lurgies biggrin.gif
Ashbless
Sold out on masks today. laugh.gif N-95 are the type to get according to those in the know.
Tamiflu and Rasi(something or the other) are also back ordered on the medications scene.

The two in Vancouver have recovered from the swine flu and no one who came in contact with them is sick. One new case has popped up here in Victoria. So we've a number of concerned people looking to buy masks.

You'd've thought we'd condemned them to illness when we say we haven't got any. dry.gif
Again. Not buying a mask unless the boss tells me I have to wear one at work. Not worried about being sick. Taking my vitamin C and getting proper sleep (when the cat lets me) and I will be just fine.
leopold
QUOTE (candice @ Apr 28 2009, 03:54 PM) *
Stupid British germs. They are very good at finding ways through my stupid American immune system.

They're pretty good at getting through my stupid British immune system as well. Stupid things! I never used to get ill (the odd cold, yes, but not proper ill) and yet I seem to have been stuck in this state of perma-flu since July. Which, being a bloke, means I've been a bit sniffly.

Heard on the radio that 4 in 10 people will get this, which is somewhere in pandemic proportions. And the symptoms are having a cold. Oh great, I've had swine flu since July. Arg! sad.gif
Mata
If it means that I grow a cute squiggly tail then I'm all in support of this. I think I could probably get away with the ears too, although they'd be cuter if they were more furry. I'm not convinced that pig-ears will be this summer's hot fashion.

4 in 10 people will get the swine flu? Okay. And how many will actually have serious implications from it? Most of my office had the flu last year that probably would have been really serious 100 years ago. These days, it's not so bad.

The flu epidemic in 1918 infected around 20% of the world to some degree. There's more travel these days, so that would go up. That flu was a very nasty one, killing somewhere between 2-5% of those it infected (more than were killed in the enitre First World War). We don't know how bad this one is or how infectious it is. Until it spreads in a more significant way it sounds like a good news story to whip up a slow day... It must be pretty horrible for the people of Mexico though sad.gif
Daria
I live in North East Scotland. Yay for me!

>_>

I'm going to sit this one out, I think. The OH MY GOD, PANIC, EVERYONE PANIC, YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE from the mass media is just getting annoying. G20? EVERYONE WILL DIE! Drinking alcohol? EVERYONE WILL DIE! Global Pandemic? EVERYONE WILL D- ok, so maybe there's a point at which we should start taking precautions. I'd merely suggest washing your hands more often and not licking the handrail on the bus.
leopold
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 29 2009, 01:35 PM) *
If it means that I grow a cute squiggly tail then I'm all in support of this. I think I could probably get away with the ears too, although they'd be cuter if they were more furry. I'm not convinced that pig-ears will be this summer's hot fashion.

Somehow, Mata, I can't see a virus doing cute stuff. It just doesn't fit the MO of your average potentially lethal bug. I'd think, if anything, you'd end up looking more like this:

Although at least the ears are furry.

QUOTE (Daria @ Apr 29 2009, 03:14 PM) *
...not licking the handrail on the bus.

Not much danger of that round here. We do get the odd bus, but there's never anyone on them. Last time I needed to use a bus, the driver thought he was having a stress-related apparition and ran off down the street screaming something about the zombie hordes coming to eat everyone's brains. I found it quite strange. A bus driver with stress?

But in all seriousness - yes, it's highly unlikely that 40% of the people catching it will turn into 40% of the people getting seriously ill or even dying. And as long as we take simple precautions to prevent the spread - I'd like to add covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, to stop it getting airborne - then we should be able to get through without being killed off. I mean, we manage not to die from listeria or e-coli, and those guys are pretty lethal customers.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 29 2009, 01:35 PM) *
Most of my office had the flu last year that probably would have been really serious 100 years ago. These days, it's not so bad.

Well, I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that regular old influenza isn't so bad. Around 36,000 people in the US die from flu complications each year, and over 200,000 are hospitalised. It's obviously not as bad as it once was, but it can still be pretty serious -- especially if the person is very young, very old, or immuno-compromised.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Daria @ Apr 29 2009, 03:14 PM) *
and not licking the handrail on the bus.

Well there goes my Friday night fun laugh.gif

Seriously though, it does seem to be scaremongering. They said that they only have enough anti viral drugs for half the population which is a really stupid thing to say as the stupid people in the UK are going to panic and think they might be in the half that doesn't get the drug.....they might also be one that doesn't get the flu. We aren't ALL going to get it people rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I'm carrying around one of those anti bacterial hand sprays and a Vicks First Defence thing. Mainly because I currently HAVE a cold and people are keeping a wide berth as they think I've got swine flu....seriously?!?! rolleyes.gif I wouldn't be out and about if I had flu, idiots! dry.gif
Yannick
I think the paranoia is getting to people. laugh.gif I honestly think people are starting to imagine they're ill. Or maybe I just go to school with a load of idiots.. dry.gif

Oh, but it *might* be in Florida. My friend's mom's friends just got back from a trip from Mexico, and they aren't feeling well. Swine flu or them imagining it, I dunno, but yeah.
Yeah the media reaction is annoying.

I got an email yesterday from my university -
[...]
The local press have reported today (29 April) that there was a suspected
case of swine flu on the campus.

The facts are that a person working in the Institute of Development Studies
(IDS) became unwell after returning from travel overseas and then wisely
stayed at home. He was tested twice for the H1N1 virus and both those tests
proved negative. This does not present a risk to staff or students at the
University. In all of this IDS staff followed the advice and guidance of
the HPA.

I read today that only 7 people have actually been confirmed to have died of piggy-flu according to the WHO, yet this hasn't stopped the media from reporting much larger figures based on nothing but suspicions. It is a good thing that people who are sick are being cautious, which reduces the risk of it spreading, but do the public really need to know about every single case where someone might possibly have the virus?
I_am_the_best
Hmm, I'm a little bit skeptical about all this skepticism. I appreciate that there's a lot of sensation and not much fact going about the media, BUT the risk did get raised up to level 5 today which is apparantly the highest it's ever been. I would hope that the head of the WHO would know what she's talking about, so it seems plausible that the risk is a very real one. Yes, the last time there was a similar kind of threat in the media (bird flu) it amounted to almost nothing, but the real fear there was that the strain would mutate to be transferrable between humans (I think? I can't really remember...), but in this case it can and has evidently done so to a large extent, and has already spread a long way.

On the plus side, with all of this fearmongering about the tube potentially becoming a breeding ground, I may even get a seat in the mornings. smile.gif
I'm not saying it isn't a big deal - I just don't see a reason for mass panic at the moment.

The WHO pandemic risk thing has 6 phases http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influ...e/en/index.html

Phase 5 is indeed serious business, but keep in mind the scale is intended to help with preparation and stuff, which should be going on if there is even a slight chance of a pandemic. It doesn't necessarily mean it is likely to happen, and we currently have no idea how bad it will be if it does.

Phase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.
Yannick
Heh, still all over the news here. They did a poll, "Are you worried about getting swine flu?"
Yes: 39%
No: 28%
Slightly: 31%
What's swine flu?: 2%
Pixelgoth
I am worried but then that's what I do, I worry biggrin.gif I guess there's nothing we can do about it except take precautions and just hope for the best. Worrying about it is NOT going to make me immune and not going to make it go away. Who's to say....literally WHO's to say what's going on. I don't think the media are helping the matter though. As usual they want to sensation to add to the story. I just hope that people keep their heads about this as once panic sets in that's when we'll have problems. People will stock pile food, petrol, and other 'essentials' and we'll all end up hermits frightened to leave our houses in case we get something that might best case give us a sniffle worst case kill us! Let's keep our heads people smile.gif
Yannick
Apparently, swine flu is Allah punishing us for eating pork. rolleyes.gif
http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Relig...=3.0.3257943159
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Apr 30 2009, 06:02 PM) *
I guess there's nothing we can do about it except take precautions and just hope for the best. Worrying about it is NOT going to make me immune and not going to make it go away.

exactly how I feel about the whole thing.

Wash your hands, be sanitary, but don't loose your mind worrying about it. Worry does not equal immunity.
Eli
I'm not that worried. My mom suffers from some serious paranoia, at the rate she's been cleaning, I could eat out of the trash. Though, it is nice to have sanitizers in every room now.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Apr 30 2009, 05:55 PM) *
... the risk did get raised up to level 5 today which is apparantly the highest it's ever been.

Remember hearing on the radio when this was first being reported that the phase scale currently being used by the WHO is relatively new. Saying it's the highest phase ever, as true as it may be, is a bit sensationalist. What it seems to me is that if you have access to medicine, you should be fine, It's those who don't who may find it fatal. What else I heard on the air waves is that we have apparently been overdue for a flu pandemic, every ten years or so they come around.

I'm curious to see what, if any information or 'checks' I'll go through when I land back in the UK. Getting people to be more aware about how to prevent spreading their lurgies is a good thing, though I don't think I'll be behaving quite like Niles Crane.

Play in the mud.

QUOTE (Daria @ Apr 29 2009, 02:14 PM) *
I live in North East Scotland. Yay for me!

>_>

dry.gif I advocate, not just to you, Daria, the wearing of a rubber suit and rubber stockings and, well other (rubber) things. Not that I know if the virus can permeate that sort of rubber outfit >_>
voices_in_my_head
Frog, i was thinking of just a Latex catsuit, would that suffice?
Mata
Only if photos are posted on the internet. That's what really makes them protective.

I could've sworn that the usual types of flu usually kill something like 12k people globally every year. Tuberculosis kills many more than that. A new form of flu turns up and it's like the end of the world.

The flu sucks. It makes you feel like death and can even sometimes cause death if not treated properly, but that's always been the case. The only thing I wonder about (and that doesn't seem to have been covered) is why this one is supposed to be so much more terrifying than all the other types of flu that can kill the unprepared or vulnerable? So far, I've not seen any evidence (probably because it doesn't exist) to suggest that this is even a very bad strain of the flu.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Mata @ May 6 2009, 01:46 PM) *
I could've sworn that the usual types of flu usually kill something like 12k people globally every year.

Nah, way more than that. 36,000 people die in the US alone each year. Globally it's in the hundreds of thousands.
Felander
QUOTE (Yannick @ Apr 27 2009, 11:04 PM) *
I don't think we need to be worried. I heard this morning on the news that there have been no deaths of the 20 infected in the US, and it can be treated fairly well with some sort of anti-biotic stuff.

Firstly, apologies for being incredibly anal, but if I could just pick you up on your last comment about antibiotics. Swine flu is caused by a virus known as the H1N1 virus, and cannot be treated with antibiotics. The use of antibiotics is limited to the treatment of bacterial infections only; they will have no effect on an influenza infection (which is caused by a virus). The drug widely publicised as being used to treat the H1N1 virus is called Tamiflu, and is an antiviral drug. I just thought I would raise this incase someone reading that is experiencing flu-like symptoms and self-medicates with any antibiotics they might have. Unlikely I know, but in doing so people expose themselves to a whole raft of nasty opportunist infections such as Clostridium difficile. All this seems like common sense, but you would be surprised at the number of people (in the UK at least) who ask for antibiotics to treat viral infections such as the common cold and influenza.

Sorry! I hope you don't feel like I was picking on you, I just wanted to raise that point as a matter of education rather than anything else.

In terms of swine flu, the issue is that whilst it may not be super-serious in terms of symptoms, it has a high virulence capacity. This has implications for the infrastructure of health services, who may only be used to 1000 cases of hospitalised seasonal flu. Imagine three times that number, albeit with with symptoms no more serious than the seasonal strain, and a problem develops in how we can go about treating all these people.

Additionally, the more copies of the virus that are out there in the community the greater the probability that the virus will undergo reassortment, potentially making it more fatal.

A lot of virologists are worried that there will be an overreaction overreaction, and people will respond to the news that the epidemic is not particularly fatal or sustained by becoming more lax and spreading it much more widely than they would have if they were sill in 'pandemic' mode. It's a close balance between media overreporting and underreporting, and unfortunately people will probably do the wrong thing in any situation.

So, basically, the message is: Don't panic, but don't be a tit. Exercise proper hand hygiene, stay at home/keep your kids at home if either of you develop symptoms and 'Catch It, Bin It, Kill It.
see also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu#Pandemic_concern
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_fl...torical_context

Even if its not so bad for individuals, lots of people getting sick at once is a disaster for society as a whole. Mexico is starting to reopen stuff now (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8036568.stm) but still a lot of public places have had to be closed down (and nobody wants to travel there anymore)
leopold
QUOTE (Felander @ May 7 2009, 12:27 AM) *
I just thought I would raise this incase someone reading that is experiencing flu-like symptoms and self-medicates with any antibiotics they might have.

Sage advice, but to expand on this, nobody should self-medicate with anything which can't be bought over the counter, and this includes antibiotics.

If anyone feels a bit flu-ey, then a couple of days bed rest and some paracetamol should help get rid of a normal flu virus, and if you still feel like crap after a couple of days, then go to see a doctor.
Pixelgoth
I felt a bit fluey yesterday but it was just a hangover so no sympathy for me!

Just as an aside I found out my great grandfather died in the 1918 flu pandemic!

There are constantly conflicting views on this 'pandemic' so I'm not entirely sure what the heck is going on now sad.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (crazymat @ May 7 2009, 12:45 AM) *
Even if its not so bad for individuals, lots of people getting sick at once is a disaster for society as a whole. Mexico is starting to reopen stuff now (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8036568.stm) but still a lot of public places have had to be closed down (and nobody wants to travel there anymore)

Good point. A lot of income in Mexico is generated by tourism. I imagine it's going to be quite a big blow to their economy. sad.gif

Did anyone else (UK people, obviously) get an NHS leaflet through their letterbox with information about swine flu? We got one today. It urges us to have "flu friends" who can bring us food and medicine so we don't have to leave the house if we get sick. It also has a lovely photo on the cover of a guy mid-sneeze, with snot flying everywhere. Hawt.
Haven't seen the leaflet yet, but you just reminded me of this (ad about seasonal flu)

QUOTE (leopold @ May 7 2009, 09:25 AM) *
QUOTE (Felander @ May 7 2009, 12:27 AM) *
I just thought I would raise this incase someone reading that is experiencing flu-like symptoms and self-medicates with any antibiotics they might have.

Sage advice, but to expand on this, nobody should self-medicate with anything which can't be bought over the counter, and this includes antibiotics.

If anyone feels a bit flu-ey, then a couple of days bed rest and some paracetamol should help get rid of a normal flu virus, and if you still feel like crap after a couple of days, then go to see a doctor.

Just to add to this... if you think you have it you should stay at home and call the doctor first, so you don't risk spreading it to other people.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (candice @ May 7 2009, 11:29 AM) *
Did anyone else (UK people, obviously) get an NHS leaflet through their letterbox with information about swine flu?

No leaflet as yet but I'm sure it's just full of common sense stuff that we already know??? unsure.gif

Also, nothing like a grose picture to really make you sit up and take notice rolleyes.gif
Mata
The wife of one of the guys at work is a nurse. They were given advice about swine flu: if you feel ill, go home. Symptoms are very much like a cold.

... And that was it!

I can see the need for education, but the coverage seems to be non-stop over something that doesn't seem much worse than what's always floating around. Maybe I'm too relaxed about this, but I still don't see the huge fuss compared to other illnesses.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ May 7 2009, 01:25 PM) *
The wife of one of the guys at work is a nurse. They were given advice about swine flu: if you feel ill, go home. Symptoms are very much like a cold.

I've just got over a cold....does that mean it was swine flu?!?! unsure.gif Surely it feels MUCH worse than just having a cold?
Mata
She was told that the symptoms aren't much worse than a cold for most people.

And no, in all probability* it means you just had a cold. On the plus side, if you did just have the swine flu, that's extra immunity for you when the deadly version comes out and the rest of the human population vanishes overnight.

*Something like 1:1,000,000 judging by recent numbers, and a lot less if you don't know people who've been to Mexico lately.
Contrary to my earlier post, I have decided that the non stop media coverage is actually a good thing if it gets the message across.

If there wasn't all this fuss over it people would still be going to work if they were ill and spreading the flu around even more. And you'd be surprised at how crappy peoples standards of hygiene are. Nobody ever told me you are supposed to cough/sneeze into your elbow until I read it on the internet a while ago. Were it not for that I'd still be walking around with ikky sneezes all over my hands all the time. ohmy.gif
Phyllis
Heh, that reminds me of when moop and I visited the US last year. I had to go through the foreigners' line with him, since we're married. There were all sorts of signs telling people how to cough and sneeze into their elbow so they wouldn't spread infections. It'd been a good 3 years since I'd gone through US immigration by myself, but I didn't remember seeing anything like that in the line for US citizens!

I can't quite master sneezing into my elbow. My hair gets tangled up in my arm and gets in the way. Snot-filled hair is not so great. I'll stick to trying to sneeze into tissues.

Oho, here is the information that was on the pamphlet that came through my letterbox this morning. Complete with sneezing guy! He's not nearly as impressive as that slow-motion ad, though. Wow.

I think the website is a bit more detailed, now that I look at it. The pamphlet was mostly stuff like "sneeze into a tissue, wash your hands, get flu buddies to bring you stuff if you become ill, and don't worry - the UK is well-equipped to deal with this."
Daria
I usually sneeze into my elbow because I had to get used to it after working in a restaurant and cafés over the years. Now it's just habit.

I've been doing things like going in through automatic doors instead of ones you have to touch. Yay! for ocd like things. Eurgh, otherpeople's handbits.
Mata
It's nothing to do with swine flu, but when I have 'push' doors to open, I usually push them with my knuckles rather than my fingertips. This is for two reasons: the knuckles don't seem to leave marks as often, and I don't like leaving my fingerprints anywhere if I can avoid it! If I ever decid to live a life of crime then I've got some very useful habits biggrin.gif
Calantyr
Yo.

'Seasonal flu' kills about 40,000 people a year in the US alone, and that's just your common or household variety. The Spanish Flu that struck at the end of World War 1 killed 50,000,000, and that started out as 'just another flu' that simply had pandemic potential, as the current one does.

So the best thing to do is just wash your hands after you've been somewhere, don't touch your face with your hands after you've touched anything potentially unsanitary, possibly even hold your breath or cover your mouth and nose if you walk past someone sneezing, etc. Just be sensible. The virus spreads exponentially once people are infected. You can dramaticly slow down the rate of infection just by using basic hygiene.

What really annoys me is how this is being advertised as a Mexican problem, especially by the anti-immigration types in the US. They tend to ignore that the first people who contracted the virus did so working in California farms THEN travelled to Mexico, and that the virus is the same as was discovered in Arizona a year or two back.
craziness
I'm taking some public health courses at college/uni, so i'll do my best to explain my understanding of swine flu. sorry if i am repeating anything someone else has already explained.

Just like humans, birds and pigs get flus every year. however, we are not supposed to be able to get avian (bird) or swine (pig) flu because we have different genetic makeups than birds or pigs. the reason why we get the flu over and over again is because the virus mutates every year. When swine flu first came out, people were flipping out because the swine flu is only supposed to be communicable from pig to pig. it has mutated to be communicable from pig to pig, pig to human, human to human and human to pig. Basically, if humans are exposed to a flu that they don't have any baseline immunity (former exposure to the population) to, many worry that if the flu is a nasty one, it has the potential of wiping out a lot of people because our population hasn't been exposed to it before. in the case of this particular swine flu, the symptoms are mild (a friend of mine even had it!) Public health officials remain concerned about swine flu because they fear that it has the potential of mutating coming back with a vengeance, as the Spanish Influenza did in 1918.

Take into account when hearing about people in Mexico City that Mexico City has the shittiest air quality ever, the health care system is broken and it is extremely overpopulated. People crowd into the subway/metro/tube like sardines every day. even when it is not rush hour, the cars are full. there is a lot of economic inequality, and most people in Mexico city are either rich or poor. there isn't much in between. Essentially it's the perfect environment for a virus like this to create total chaos.

Mexico City air

Mexico City subway

Those of us who don't live in Mexico City don't have to worry about these environmental concerns. Now with all of the globalization of the world and people traveling so frequently and quickly around the world, we are all more susceptible to what in the past would have been foreign diseases. However, on the bright side, our technology is much improved now, and we have the resources to deal with a problem like this. Appropriate measures are being taken to control swine flu and communication is faster now than ever before.

Take it from crazi, a hypochondriac who isn't afraid of Swine Flu laugh.gif
froggle-rock
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ May 3 2009, 10:50 PM) *
Frog, i was thinking of just a Latex catsuit, would that suffice?

QUOTE (Mata @ May 6 2009, 01:46 PM) *
Only if photos are posted on the internet. That's what really makes them protective.

*nods*

*nods some more*

Pretty much what I know. So anyone know anyone else who got it? A friend of mine who went over to Atlanta got it, got treated and is now fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.