Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: introduce your self here (newbies)
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Introductions and where to find a guide
JasonOne
Hi, I am Jason Hennessey from Atlanta, GA & I'm new to this site. I am a new comer & have
just put forward my first step in the vast & fast world of Internet & Web. I don't have much
knowledge but would like to gain & share whatever i have.

I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members, hope all will guide, share and help
me to increase my knowledge.
Hope we get to meet here, and talked about cool stuffs about our passions and if there's any
concerns you think i could answer, please do leave me a message.
'Till next time guys..

biggrin.gif ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ biggrin.gif
Yannick
Heya, welcome! biggrin.gif
Mata
Whoooo, now that is what I call really clever spam software. JasonOne is a spambot that searches for related items to topics around the web and makes automated posts that appear relevant but actually are only there to promote websites through the signatures. I'm going to leave 'his' posts up so other forum admins can find this information more easily.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22I+am+J...lient=firefox-a
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
Pretty friendly for a spambot.

I wonder what possessed its writer to make it use so many heart symbols?

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Yannick
Woah. I thought the dude was pretty weird, but I was fooled. =o
Mata
Signature spamming is the new trend. It's pretty sneaky. Every time Google works out a new way to filter spams from the web, the spammers think of something new and forum admins get newer and more difficult things to try and filter.

I suspect that humans are being used to create at least some of the spam these days, although it's possibly only creating the accounts on forums and the rest is automated. There is more money in internet spam and fraud than the global drugs trade, with an enormously lower chance of ever getting prosecuted, so it's becoming quite worthwhile. Then again, with the amount of money going through the system, I'm sure they could hire coders to get around any security checks. It's really quite annoying.
Yeah, and it's also pretty difficult to make a captcha that stops the bots but is still solvable by most people. Sometimes it takes me about 3 attempts to figure them out :/
Yannick
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 18 2009, 06:38 AM) *
There is more money in internet spam and fraud than the global drugs trade, with an enormously lower chance of ever getting prosecuted, so it's becoming quite worthwhile.

>_> So I know what I wanna be when I grow up...
Mata
Believe me, when I see the hoeplessly inept scams that still manage to make a pile of money... Well, it makes me deeply regret having morals.
Yannick
Yeah..

So what exactly is illegal about spamming? I always just thought of it as a bunch of annoying off-topic posts.
It's illegal to spam if it's to promote something
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_Spam#Applicability
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.