Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How old is your sig?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Faerieryn
Was looking through some of the older members' posts today and I noticed that many, like myself have ancient sigs. So... how old is yours? If you're a sig-a-holic and change your sig regularly how can you be bothered? Why is your sig the way it is? If you haven't changed your sig in ages- why? And so on.

My sig stems from a very funny thought I had once. My friend at work reckons it makes me sound bitter. I just think it is funny and maybe shows my less fluffy side. The rest of my sig comes from Matazonians- most of which are a tad outdated now. Anyone remember Tribe Wyvern???? The Super Spangle Squad was fabby too. My sig did have something in it to do with ketchup at one point, which was something to do with a conversation with Edward Lover I think!!! I've been on these forums too long!
Usurper MrTeapot
Phore, I had to have a look at my sig to remind me. Heavans knows when I last changed it; I vaguely remember the viking bit was an IRC related dare and was much larger back in the day.

2 years? 3? I haven't a clue.

As for why I am not changing it...well I haven't got anything to change it to. Same as the avatar really.
CommieBastard
I just changed mine from the way it had been for years - including, apparently, a change in the way the board does code so it wasn't centred anymore...
Mata
Mine tends to be pretty functional, updating when I've got something new to link to. I guess that's part of being the admin - trying to make it easy for other people to find their way around. I do like seeing some of the old sigs, they bring back memories smile.gif
Daria
Mine was something Frogg said in IRC and then Ste sampled colours... so probably late last year sometime.

Wasn't the masturbating thing for lent a long time ago? With Tigersong and Ollie...
LoLo
The Kiefer > Jason and the kittens I think I did last year and the being pimped by Aries since 2003, has been on there since 2003.
gothictheysay
Oh man, i dunno. Really old. I used to change my sig all the time, but now I don't really care. I think it's small, cute, and sufficient. So hard to believe that I came here in 2004 though! That seems so long ago...

The teal and orange is what I decided Ste and Candice's wedding invitations should be, long before they actually figured out they were getting married. The awful color combination became quite a joke in IRC so I decided it should live on biggrin.gif
Yannick
I update mine fairly regularly, just because it starts annoying me if I have to keep looking at the same thing. This would have to be at least two months old, back when I started really getting into NOFX. It's there because it screams truth. tongue.gif
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
Hmm don't think mines that old but I don't remember making it either so who knows? It needs updating but I don't have anything to link to right now and can't think of any random text I wanna put there so I'll just leave it as it is. If I come accross a good quote or something I may change it....
Moosh
Mine isn't that old. I used to have quite a big one with banners and buttons and stuff that was around for a while, but I'm heading towards the more minimal now.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Umm... dunno... there used to be a few more lines to it, but I got bored of them and deleted them. The lyric has been there for a while though... except when someone decided to change my name...
vicrawr
It's been unchanged for a while. I'd get rid of it all, but it makes me happy.
voices_in_my_head
I constantly change mine...or, well, about once a month. I just get sick of seeing the same thing, not to mention I'm a completely different person day to day, so I have to change it to keep up!

They're almost always lyrics, though, done in colors that suit the song. smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
Mines been the same for a while. I think the to comments have been there since I first put up a sig and the Kiefer > Jason part I got at the same time as Lolo seeing as she gave it to me. biggrin.gif But I edited alot of what was in there when I added that but decided to keep the 2 comments because they suit my view on life.
Faerieryn
The masturbation comment comes from the time certain people gave it up for "lent"! Doesn't anyone else remember the euphamism "breaking lent"? Iremember we had 2 threads. The giving up masturbation for lent thread and the breaking lent thread. Someone, if I recall correctly actually posted "I just broke lent all over my flatmate's room"! Immortal lines!
Daria
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Jul 28 2009, 07:16 PM) *
The masturbation comment comes from the time certain people gave it up for "lent"! Doesn't anyone else remember the euphamism "breaking lent"? Iremember we had 2 threads. The giving up masturbation for lent thread and the breaking lent thread. Someone, if I recall correctly actually posted "I just broke lent all over my flatmate's room"! Immortal lines!

*Jarring chord*

I was right! GO GO MEMORY!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Ahh I have some good memories of that lent!

My sig is really old, the image link is broken and I can't remember what it was anyway.
The text is from googlism, which was at the peak of IRC so probably at least 3 or 4 years ago!
Hobbes
Do I even have a sig?

EDIT:
Goodness! I do! Pretty minimal really, and I think it has been like that ever since the day I joined: 26-February 03. I can't remember where the quote comes from. I'm fairly sure I spotted it on the 'net somewhere one day and thought it was amusing.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
^ Like to point out that you joined the 25th not the 26th... or at least thats what the little info bit says under your avatar...

I have had this signature since December 2007... Although I have had part of it since around 2005 or so...
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (SPEAKERfortheLOST @ Jul 31 2009, 12:29 AM) *
^ Like to point out that you joined the 25th not the 26th... or at least thats what the little info bit says under your avatar...

It shows the date he joined in whatever timezone you have the forum set to. In the UK it shows as the 26th. In a timezone that's a few hours behind the UK it would still have been the 25th. smile.gif

Mine has been the same for quite a few years now.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
ok fair point... rather annoying but i can see the logic...
Ashbless
I really haven't changed mine in a long time.
Maybe one day when I'm less lazy.
Hobbes
I made a change!
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Aug 2 2009, 07:44 PM) *
I made a change!

And in a years time, when a similar thread rolls around, you will forget it and have to check.
Hobbes
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Aug 2 2009, 08:54 PM) *
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Aug 2 2009, 07:44 PM) *
I made a change!

And in a years time, when a similar thread rolls around, you will forget it and have to check.

Indeed, Sir, indeed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.