Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When You Were A N00b
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
gary
so in theory you could become a non-n00b in the matter of 40-50 minutes
hinsley
not if you post at a somewat normal rate.
gary
errr how meny people here do that lol
hinsley
some do!!
leopold
Blimey... it's amazin the stuff I'm dredgin up from the old posts... this one is pretty interestin an I missed it first time round, so I'ma gonna do it now!

The first topic you posted in? Oh lordy, I have no idea! Prolly the SB/LGG poll...
The first forum-goer who talked to you? Crazi
The time of day you joined? Sometime in the early evenin... bout 7pm-ish
What the weather was like when you joined? Blimmin warm!
The first forum-goer you became close with? Crissi
The first topic you posted? Erm, that would be me intro thread...
The first poll you posted? Goodness! I reckon it might've been me own narcissism poll, but I might be wrong...
The first TIME you posted? 7pm-ish...
How long it took you to get to 100? A coupla days...
To 500? Jus over a week
To 1,000? Three weeks-ish
The first time you were warned by a mod? The first time I shouted at meself!! laugh.gif

So now ya know!!
LoLo
I can't believe I never posted in this

Can you recall ..

The first topic you posted in? was my intro thread called.......lolo.....dun duh
The first forum-goer who talked to you? was either noname or super k
The time of day you joined?probably sometime in the mornging i dunno
What the weather was like when you joined?I don't recall it was so long ago, but seeing as it was feb.....probably raining
The first forum-goer you became close with?either Inky or Noname....inky got me to come to chat, but I think I may have had crissi and beckers posting by then, but we were close before the forums
The first topic you posted?lolo my intro thread
The first poll you posted?I don't remember **sobs** probably some pointless one that had to do with jello or llamas or something.
The first TIME you posted?time of day? dunno....the day i joined and introduced myself
How long it took you to get to 100?probably 2 or 3 weeks because back in my day we used to have to walk 20 miles in the snow barefoot to get to a computer to post on forums and 20 posts a day was A LOT
To 500?ummm a month or so
To 1,000?couple months?
The first time you were warned by a mod?never have been

Just a little survey for you folks. :\ I got bored.
TigerLily013
Well I know I posted in My introductions, but I know I was a shy n00b, and very hesistant to post from my pervious experiences of forums, but this one definitely seemed different. And I was right, with nice people with good topics and the ability to agree to disagree in important issues.

The first people who talked to me was CrissiLove, LoLo and Cheese. After I got settled in I met a lot more cool people and I have not regretted giving out my opnions in this place. I was even able to show my byofriend this place had something way more than Superbards did (the one we used to do a roleplaying story together in). And he is definitely happy to post as much as possible in here.

So all in all, a good experience indeed coming here, I love you all wub.gif smile.gif
oobunnie
The first topic you posted in? my intro..I think it was along time ago
The first forum-goer who talked to you? well since i cant remember my intro thread, I would say Hinsley
The time of day you joined?probably around 2 or 3 am cant really remember
What the weather was like when you joined?feb. hmm my guess would be cold, or snow or both
The first forum-goer you became close with?Probably Hinsley once again, as I was her n00b
The first topic you posted?intro..umm maybe
The first poll you posted?yeah umm i really dont know..I remember posting in one about the colour of hair. but that could have been last week. I need to buy myself some more memory
The first TIME you posted? huh.gif
How long it took you to get to 100?I think it was like 4 monthes or so
To 500?about another month or so
To 1,000? laugh.gif yeah i'm kind of a slow goer i think it will be awhile
The first time you were warned by a mod?I dont think I ever have been huh.gif strange, maybe I should go cause some contoversy
hinsley
QUOTE (syuu @ May 26 2003, 03:36 AM)
Don't knock the circus. Mata's in the circus.

i didnt knock it did i?
Jaq
The first topic you posted in? OPLI
The first forum-goer who talked to you? Jicama (duh)
The time of day you joined? Around 6:00 p.m.
What the weather was like when you joined? Cloudy and cold
The first forum-goer you became close with? Jicama, but barring her, LoLo, I think...
The first topic you posted? No... I didn't post a topic until I was here for a couple weeks
The first poll you posted? Yup, the most randomest poll ever.
The first TIME you posted? Yup. I posted under jicama's name
How long it took you to get to 100? a couple days
To 500? 2-3 weeks?
To 1,000? a month
The first time you were warned by a mod? I don't think I've ever been warned by a mod. Either that or I just don't remember it.
LoLo
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jul 4 2003, 03:21 PM)
The first forum-goer who talked to you? was either noname or super k

I just realized this answer was wrong..........it was disturbia, that talked to me first.
Oni Usagi
Back in the wee days of noobyness, I, um...must have did some stuff.
I'm almost sure of it. But, I can't seem to remember what that might have been. Hmmm...
I got married w/in a week of joining. Around the time that e-marriages were becoming popular.
But my wife soon left the forum, well, I think she still looked at stuff, but I never saw her much and umm, yeah.
And there was Hyperion and crazi and nummy and lo and gerbil, and darness (well for a couple of weeks) and MissyA and Super K, and Jonman, And Tarantio, and cheese, and LilNick, and debaser, and well I'm sure there were others, but I really don't remember.
*Oni has a bad memory*
oh yeah, saucy and some other people.
I did more stuff then than I do now. Back when I was in school.
now, I'm a lot more lazy, even about using the computer.
kidvicious2punk
Can you recall ..

The first topic you posted in?yes,it was a never-ending story thread,and i carelessy put it in the introductions thread..
The first forum-goer who talked to you?hmmm...i think it mite have been missy A...or chester..
The time of day you joined?at night..
What the weather was like when you joined?it was probably windy..
The first forum-goer you became close with?i already knew chester but if that doesnt count,it was missy
The first topic you posted?oh..ya..i said this i think i confused ya..
The first poll you posted?fave band
The first TIME you posted?nope..
How long it took you to get to 100?forever..like months..
To 500?in like 5 days(counting from 200-500)
To 1,000?havent got there yet but im guessin in about 3 days..
The first time you were warned by a mod?i wasnt yet..

thats my noobism in a nutshell...there ya go
and happy national kissing day!
Oni Usagi
QUOTE (syuu @ May 25 2003, 03:22 PM)
Can you recall ..

The first topic you posted in?
The first forum-goer who talked to you?
The time of day you joined?
What the weather was like when you joined?
The first forum-goer you became close with?
The first topic you posted?
The first poll you posted?
The first TIME you posted?
How long it took you to get to 100?
To 500?
To 1,000?
The first time you were warned by a mod?

Just a little survey for you folks. :\ I got bored.

Well, it appears that I have gone and made a fool of meself.
That's what I get for not looking at first page. Oops.
so, here goes

Nope
No clue. (I dinnae ken NE body @ the time)
Nightish
it was cold
umm, LilNick, I think cause I married her but we dinnae talk much so it might have been Hyperion whom I first started looking for on the posts, I don't know if I was ever close to anybody, I wanted to at some point but the chick went off and got married to some furball.
Maybe the song chain, That's what I posted the most in I think.
no.
nay.
forever + 2
well, umm, about that.. Hmm. *glows bright red*
heh heh
Never. well, as far as I recall. I may have been warned by non mods though. In my day there was only one mod. He was a kind and gracious mod. Obviously it was he who is above all others. The one the only= Mata
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.