Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Next meet?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Pixelgoth
When's this happening people?!? biggrin.gif

I can't believe I missed the one on the 4th July and I was even in bleedin' London that day too sad.gif

Can we arrange another one soon? Preferably in London again. Perhaps late September? I'm busy for most of October and until late November but happy to meet up after that too. Perhaps we could have an Xmas meet??? smile.gif
Yannick
Hmm.. A bit out there, but what about a Christmas meet in Germany?
Daria
I go back Uni in late September (Fresher's Week starts Sept 21st) which kind of counts me out smile.gif

(Will be to-ing and fro-ing for court, though _ )
froggle-rock
Friend is coming to the UK for a concert sometime in December, but I might be up for Germany (just emailing him to find out when the concert is). Never been there happy.gif

Otherwise London is always an okay, and I can offer space for plenty (tenting if needed). Im fine for where ever where ever really, so if y'all set a place and date I will come.
Cath Sparrow
Londons still out for me at the moment.
froggle-rock
Nottingham? I have a hankering for bangers and mash! Cath can make Notts?
Cath Sparrow
Would have to look into it around the date but is a smidge more do able.
Daria
If we're to have something a wee bit later, like October, then I'd be up for coming biggrin.gif It takes forever to get anywhere from up here, so I'm happy to meet up anywhere- as long as I can stay somewhere wink.gif
Mata
London's usually pretty easy for me, but I'm going to be pretty busy over the next few months. Work is likely to be needing me every hour I can spare and then I'm on holiday in mid-October for two weeks.

November will be fine I think (though I think I'll need the first week off to recover from the previous months). Sorry it's so far away Pixie.

The end of September is possible as long as we decide soon and I don't get anything else booked. Currently it's a rare weekend when I don't have something going on... It's weird... It's like I've actually got a social life!
Faerieryn
I'd love to do a proper meet. One with a place to attack that we've not done much in before. I loved the Notts meets and the Liverpool meet cos they were new places. London is OK and I'm happy to do it but why not do something really cool like... a coastal meet????? Or maybe go to a place where none of us have been before and raid a cheap B&B for the weekend? I did Blackpool once- that was interesting, as was York. Late Sept is good for us hypothetically speaking, all depends on place, monies and dates
Daria
Hahaha. You're all welcome to come stay at mine wink.gif
froggle-rock
Coast... ANOTHER COUNTRY! Get yer phrase books people!
Faerieryn
Ou e'st la Frog? Elle est tres LATE!!!!!!!!
Bonjour. Je m'appelle Commie Bastard!
Je voudrais un roll of gaffer tape (to tape people to the ceiling)
Je suis une matazonian
J'adore le crazy stuff

I rather like the idea of us in another language!
Mata
I think I have enough trouble with regional accents without inflicting my very broken French on the natives.

... But a seaside trip sounds fun. Pixie's by the sea, and just down the line from Southend (an ideal spot for crazy golf, ocean, arcades, and dodgy tattoo parlours).
Cath Sparrow
If your going coastal I have one word WHITBY!!!!! innocent.gif But I would surgest avoiding the end of October for the sake of cheap staying places. tongue.gif
Daria
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Aug 25 2009, 01:28 PM) *
Ou e'st la Frog? Elle est tres LATE!!!!!!!!
Bonjour. Je m'appelle Commie Bastard!
Je voudrais un roll of gaffer tape (to tape people to the ceiling)
Je suis une matazonian
J'adore le crazy stuff

I rather like the idea of us in another language!

More like "feasgar math! 'S mise becky, agus tha mi nam oilneach anns an Ober Deathain an drasta"

Yay fer Scotland!
elphaba2
Um. Canada? Please? CAN PEOPLE COME TO CANADA. I will feed you poutine!

Just jokesin', kids. But I may be on that side of the ocean next summer, farmin', so...wait for me, Matazone!
Faerieryn
Coastal is good. Fish and Chips in the freezing weather anyone!! Plus paddling before drinking hot chocolate is the best thing ever!!!!!!!!! I can't do Cath's birthday weekend as I'm running around Brighton dressed as a demon on Hallowe'en (check out the facebook pictures from last year people. 'Twas brilliant!) but end of September beginning of October might be good.

I've never been to Whitby...
Anyone up for the Dracula experience?
froggle-rock
is there Lazer Quest there?
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Aug 24 2009, 03:53 PM) *
Or maybe go to a place where none of us have been before and raid a cheap B&B for the weekend?

Last time I did that, I was drunk and locked out of my room. In no way were the owners happy with me the next day.

I maintain that there needs to be a Tunbridge Wells meet one summer. The parks! Oh the parks!
Mata
I don't remember the Laser Quest chapter in the original Dracula novel...

I really should go along to a Whitby Goth Weekend someday. I've been loosely meaning to for many years but, y'know, I'm not a goth, I'm just a non-conformist. Nobody understands me! *sob* wink.gif
Cath Sparrow
My Birthday falls round the goth weekend/halloween so not a good plan anyhow if you want a cheap B&B (or flat etc). I'll let people know next time I can afford/ am intending to head up there for the Goth Weekend though. The spring one can be a little more fun if your thinking of heading to the Abbey for the night, not quite so bloody cold! and also a little quieter than the Halloween one. biggrin.gif I've actually been thinking of looking into the practicallities of setting up my business round there and living in Whitby once I qualifie.

But anyway this is driftting away from the topic so I shall stop.

Topic this way tongue.gif
VVV
froggle-rock
*hugs cath* I wubs you
Hobbes
QUOTE (Sir Psycho Sexy @ Aug 27 2009, 12:32 PM) *
I maintain that there needs to be a Tunbridge Wells meet one summer. The parks! Oh the parks!

Coke-floats on the Pantiles?
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Aug 27 2009, 11:59 PM) *
QUOTE (Sir Psycho Sexy @ Aug 27 2009, 12:32 PM) *

Coke-floats on the Pantiles?

And lashings of ginger beer!
Sir Psycho Sexy
Quick, someone else post, else I'll have killed yet another thread!
Mata
Quite a few people seem interested in coming along to see this: http://www.steampunkmuseumexhibition.blogspot.com/

It's a steam punk exhibition that's running for a few months in Oxford. Yes, that's coveniently also my home town, but I figure that there will likely be a bunch of people visiting anyway, so why not turn it into a meet?

I'm still pretty much fully booked until the end of October, so it would have to be early November for me. Anyone interested?
froggle-rock
Why not?
Ashbless
I second CANADA. biggrin.gif

Hallowe'en in Victoria we have a loverly zombie walk, it's on the sea shore, there are fish & chips & parks to be had. I offer my entire living room floor space to people just as soon as I move boxes off of it. It's perfect!

Er, no?

Sigh. *Tosses another 25 cents into the eventual trip to England fund.*
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 1 2009, 11:19 PM) *
Quite a few people seem interested in coming along to see this: http://www.steampunkmuseumexhibition.blogspot.com/

It's a steam punk exhibition that's running for a few months in Oxford. Yes, that's coveniently also my home town, but I figure that there will likely be a bunch of people visiting anyway, so why not turn it into a meet?

I'm still pretty much fully booked until the end of October, so it would have to be early November for me. Anyone interested?

Hmm... was contemplating seeing if I could sort the money to come down for that round my birthday so it works for me. biggrin.gif
Lurker in the Park
ph34r.gif Nods ph34r.gif
Mata
Since it's likely to be your biffday bash, when's good for you, Cath?
Cath Sparrow
At the moment I'm pretty much good when ever seeing as I dont have plan because they involve money. tongue.gif
Mata
How's Saturday 7th November for everyone?
froggle-rock
sure happy.gif
WeeJ
Hmmm. Might be fun to pop in and say hi to everyone =P
LoLo
---steps into topic for a second-----

Holy crap it's WeeJ! Hi WeeJ!

----steps out of topic----
Mata
I pestered her on Facebook to drop by and say hello. Even more amazingly, there are photos on Fb where she disproves the Mata-meet theory that she somehow always manages to pull a face like she's sucking on a wasp every time the shutter blinks! wink.gif
WeeJ
What can I say, I've been practicing =)

Awww, feeling all nostalgic now!
Faerieryn
7th November I have an event so not sure about it. I'll check it out nearer the time
Mata
Okay... So, how's the 14th of November?

To put it another way - everyone who's interested in coming along, put the weekends that you're free in November in this thread in the next five days and we'll see if we can get a consensus. I'm free all of them, with a possible exception of the first one, so:

Sat 31st October (probably)
7th November - available
14th - available
21st - available
28th - available
Sat 5th December (probably not)
Cath Sparrow
Available for any just need to figure out where the moneys going to come from. :s
gerbilfromhell
!

I think I actually can go to this (well, assuming bureaucracy doesn't fail utterly...)! I've got a one-week break that ends that following Monday biggrin.gif I know I'm not around on the internets ever, but it would be really nifty to see everyone again. Anyone have a couch or floor?

Also apparently I can get a London-Berlin roundtrip for 30 Euro, which is spiffy and makes going much more possible, and I figure I can just walk from Moscow to Berlin, how far can it possibly be? Yay!
WeeJ
Just throwing this out there....will probably go down like a lead balloon, but....

Rocky Horror Picture Show
Cath Sparrow
Well for the my balloons all floaty it's the lead bricks on the string which cause the problems.

Or in other words as much as I'd love to see Rocky Horror Live again I can only probably (and this wont be comfirmed to a bit closer either) afford one trip and I really want to see the Steam Punk exhibit as this is less likely to come around again.
froggle-rock
Okay... So, how's the 14th of November?

To put it another way - everyone who's interested in coming along, put the weekends that you're free in November in this thread in the next five days and we'll see if we can get a consensus. I'm free all of them, with a possible exception of the first one, so:

Sat 31st October (probably)
7th November - available
14th - available
21st - available
28th - available
Sat 5th December (probably not)

Gah, I am looking to go away for a week in November not sure when but I will be free for all of them apart from one which I don't know yet but if this gets a date then I can sort the other thing. Thingines thing thing thing. Yes. Helpful I know.

QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Sep 20 2009, 09:58 PM) *
!

I think I actually can go to this (well, assuming bureaucracy doesn't fail utterly...)! I've got a one-week break that ends that following Monday biggrin.gif I know I'm not around on the internets ever, but it would be really nifty to see everyone again. Anyone have a couch or floor?

Also apparently I can get a London-Berlin roundtrip for 30 Euro, which is spiffy and makes going much more possible, and I figure I can just walk from Moscow to Berlin, how far can it possibly be? Yay!

I can offer you a space to sleep in Brum or London... not sure where the meet is though. If you want- PM and we can swop emails and stuff.

Edit: Looks like I will be away from the 12th to the 19th of Nov.
froggle-rock
bump
Mata
So... The 21st is clear for everyone so far.

Can we say that this will be the date? Write it in your diaries, don't change your mind, keep it free!
Cath Sparrow
21st in Oxford?
froggle-rock
Oxford, 21st Of November! hey yay! If anyone else wants a sleeping spot in London, please let me know happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.