Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That time of year.
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Cath Sparrow
So let get this underway. Yup the lovely Cand and I are back to organise this years Secret Santa. Same rules as ever 5ish gift to be sent to a person of our choosing. evil.gif

So put your mark if you want to join in and state who you've been santa to in previous years so we can try and avoid giving you the same person again. (plus I might finaly find out who was mine last year tongue.gif ) Also put up an few like and dislikes (and anything you really have aproblem with just to be on the safe side) to help out your SS.

I think that's it I'm sure if I missed anything Cand will add it in.

Soo...

Name: Cath
Previous victims: 1st year - Gothic Angel, 2nd year - moop
Likes/Dislikes: I like pirates, goth stuff, generally alternative stuff steam punk etc. Odd = good. I've a seriously bad sweet tooth, jewellery and shiney stuff is good to and generally anything silly.
I hate banana anything they are the spawn of satan!! (no not santa!) I think that reasonably covers it.
voices_in_my_head
Name: Chelsey
Last year I was Izzy's secret santa, the year before that I believe Kitty recieved a gift from me.
I love punkish-alternative type fashion, art, photography, and books in general. Things that make me laugh are pretty much awesome. Random things are too. Unless it's like, covered in sequins or something, I don't have any problems. I don't like spicy things. Annnnd that's about it.
Daria
Name: Daria
Previous victims: 1st year - Moop, 2nd year - SPS
Likes/Dislikes: Vegetarian, so no meat or fish or gelatine or anyfink. Not that I'd expect you to post me a fish... I like buttons and ribbons and things I can make into stuff. I also love stuff people have made for me (Pentapus and mixtapes ^__________^) and I like earrings and necklaces but not bracelets. I like underpants in interesting colours, beads, found items, songs, poems, cakes, recipies, and yeah. Creative things!
mooooooooooopo
Name: moop (or Ste)
Previous Victims: Elphaba, Frogg
Likes/Dislikes: Cheese, programming, boardgames, multi sided dice, weird noises, puzzles, cute things, geeky things and evil things are all fun times. I dislike mushrooms because they grow on poo. I should probably mention I'm vegetarian.
Yannick
Name: Izzy
Last year I had ph34r.gif Cath ph34r.gif , and the year before that I had Emma.
Likes: I like funny/geeky things, punkish stuff, hardstyle electronic music, metal, Orson Scott Card and Douglas Adams as authors, colorful pens, glow sticks, poi, sour candy
Dislikes: Spicy things, girly things, rap, religious stuff
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
Woo! I am so taking part this year!

Name: Mat
Previous victims: None.
Likes: Go, programming, science and other nerdy stuff. Books. Unusual things. Homemade stuff. Socks.
Dislikes: Pointless gadgets and things that take up lots of space. Non sugary food.
elphaba2
Name: Amy
Previous victims: Speaker, then Daria!
Likes: little bits of jewelry (especially rings!), homemade stuffff, recipes, maps, flowers, feathers, elegant missives written in foreign tongues, funny stories, letters, tea, LOADS OF THINGS. I absolutely loved the hat James sent last year, and the awesome racing penguins & sketchpad & I can't even remember what-all from Ste. Matazonians win at presents.
Dislikes: Um, hm. Pricey things? Really, really useless things (like backscratchers, or slap-chops. But note that racing penguins are the opposite of useless and in fact helped me make my college decision senior year.) Oh! I don't like smelly things. Like smelly candles or gross incense.
Hobbes
Could I take part, for the first time?

Name: Hobbes (Christopher really, but a great many call me Hobbes)
Previous Victims: None
Likes: Most food (especially cakes and biscuits), birds/animals, the English language, dreams, psychology, ephemera, photography, books books books, music, anything made with love and thought, original art, funny stuff smile.gif, wooden boxes, stationery!
Dislikes: Mostly just with food - Nuts, bananas, very spicy stuff.
LoLo
Name: LoLo, Lo, or Laura
Previous Victim: Last year I had Spoony and that was my first year doing this.
Likes: funny things, unusual things and to be more specific I collect eyes, weird socks, and Harley Quinn stuffs.
Disklikes: girly stuff
Phyllis
Name: Candice
Previous victims: Ashbless and CheeseMoose
Likes/Dislikes: I think the past two years I have just requested something that will make me laugh, and it ended up getting me a titanium spork, caffeinated soap, pirate paraphernalia, and a mix CD. I think I will stick with that request this year, since it has obviously served me well in the past. If Santa finds himself inclined to send food items, I don't like anything banana or cherry flavoured.

We need a deadline for signing up/sending gifts. I'm going to say December 1st for the signup, and I think the last time for posting international parcels is usually sometime around the 10th, so we'll go with that for sending them.

I'll collect all of the addresses again. So, send them my way via PM, even if you think I already have it (unless your name is moop tongue.gif ). It makes it easier to keep track of that way (plus, I tend to lose address books. It's my hidden superpower, I think).
gothictheysay
Name: Sarah
previous victims: I haven't played this game yet!
I don't know what to say for likes or dislikes... I like books, I'm kind of picky about food so you probably shouldn't send me anything to be on the safe side (except for maybe smarties... and milk chocolate... mmm) um, I don't know, surprise me.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
Name: The Speaker for the Lost - Patrick
Previous Victim: Candice missed last year's one... dry.gif
Likes/Dislikes: I have a great love of random things... my last secret package looked like it was straight out of a certain book that shall remain nameless... it contained so many random things... quite fun... So just go for the greatest amount of randomness possible!
Mata
Name: Mata
Previous victim: Ooo.... I had Smiler or Ryn last year, I believe. I can't remember the year before, sorry!
Likes: Arty or odd books (things for adults with pictures are generally good), steampunky things, vampirey things, electronic music (bloopy bleepy or whooshy more than dancey), small reglious icons (I've got a lovely brass Bhudda, an antique confucian judge, and a two-inch high Russian orthodox triptych)... Interesting stuff... Small things! I'm running out of space in my house, with all my clutter! Edible things are good. I like spicy things, and prefer savoury to sweet (although sweet is still good too, it's just a preference). Unusual foods can be good, but they can also be expensive so don't go down that path just for the novelty. Cool things, odd things... Good stuff.
Dislikes: I'm just finishing the bath stuff from last Christmas, so while smellies are good I think it's safe to say I'm usually covered for that area by my family. I dislike heavy things, not because I actually dislike them, but because they make me feel bad that someone spent six times more on the shipping than on the presents! Other than that, I don't really dislike much! smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
Yes all new comers are welcome. Actually make it easier for us to mix up the addies. biggrin.gif

Go with what Cand said for the deadlines. So if you can pm your addresses to her asap (even if you did it last year, dont expect us to be that organised guy's! tongue.gif ). 1st of december for sign ups and 10th ish for pressies to be sent (depending on how far they need to travel)

PS. Thanks muchly for my pressie last year Izzy the sweet were happily munched and the parrot is perched in my room awaitting some piratey goodness (actually it's still wearing the necklace)
vicrawr
Name: Vic
Previous Victim: None.
Likes: Pens, pencils. Small notebooks. Books. Nerd/Geek things.
Dislikes: Foods. The Debil.

Yay for new comers. I'm feeling generous. I want to giiive.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 3 2009, 02:01 PM) *
Previous victim: Ooo.... I had Smiler or Ryn last year, I believe. I can't remember the year before, sorry!

I think you had CheeseMoose the first year.

Yay, new people! biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
Name: Pixiegot - Sam
Previous Victim: Snoo I think?!? unsure.gif
Dislikes: Not so much

Seriously...whoever gets me can just IM me as SS and ask what I do and don't like/want as I should have a better idea nearer Xmas. iTunes vouchers might be useful as I'm getting a Nano for Xmas or alternatively you could choose me some songs from iTunes?? ohmy.gif They better be good though dry.gif

laugh.gif

Also calling Santa SS is confusing me as that's my initials laugh.gif
Moosh
Yeah go on then

Name: James or Moosh
Previous Victims: Chelsey and Amy
Likes: Geeky things, shiny things, cute things, funny things, pretty things
Dislikes: Sweet foods, bath stuff...

Oh and Mata did have me the first year smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
Pixie your not expecting a sensible pressie off these guys are you? ohmy.gif
Odd, wierd, interesting, slightly nutty we do well but sensible not sure we can manage that one.
Phyllis
I don't know what you're talking about, Cath dear. Things like feather boas and egg molds in the shape of male genitalia are clearly sensible. innocent.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Nov 4 2009, 05:41 PM) *
Pixie your not expecting a sensible pressie off these guys are you? ohmy.gif
Odd, wierd, interesting, slightly nutty we do well but sensible not sure we can manage that one.

Hey you lot asked me for ideas tongue.gif I really don't mind. Just getting a present will be nice biggrin.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Wow I haven't been on here properly for a while but I can't resist the secret santa-ness!

My previous victim was VoicesIMH and Ange the year before.

I am still veggie so absolutely no gelatine please. I like cute fuzzy things (except monkeys, they are pure evil), Edward Monkton, penguins, sour things...
Ashbless
Name: Ashbless
Previous victims: Smiler last year and Mata the year before.

Likes/Dislikes: Y'know I'm fine with pretty much anything. Perishable foodstuffs could be tricky as I only check snail mail maybe once a week.

I was actually thinking about this not long ago. I think talking with post office co-workers triggered off the 'oh yeah, Christmas' vague thoughts. : )
EvilSpork
I guess biggrin.gif

Name: Spooooooon... Or Andy.
Previous victims: Ashbless

Interests: I'm not picky. You'll be tough to top last years from Lo though ph34r.gif

I like coffee paraphernalia, I can never have too many interesting (but not too ridiculous or brightly colored - makes me look like I have jaundice) bandanas, but I bet you can't top Syuu as she once sent me a box full blink.gif. Marketing amuses me, and I like decently old magazines due to the ads. I like steampunky junky. You get the idea I think?

I highly doubt I'll dislike anything tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
I'm seeing a trend in this thread. tongue.gif
froggle-rock
Name: Frogg
Previous victim: Syuu

Likes: Stuff? I dunno, Daria and Witless are probably better sources as I can be a bit of a dichotomy.

Dislikes: Peas, rape jokes, thongs.
Cath Sparrow
Just a little bump to remind people that were getting near the closing date so make sure you've sent Cand your addy and in case there's anyone else who still wants to sign up. biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Nov 23 2009, 12:02 PM) *
Just a little bump to remind people that were getting near the closing date so make sure you've sent Cand your addy and in case there's anyone else who still wants to sign up. biggrin.gif

My address is the same as last year. Do I still need to send it?
Cath Sparrow
Yeh Cand loses adresses. She's had mine since before we started this and I still have to send it. *nods*

tongue.gif
LoLo
Should someone maybe make a post about this on facebook to the matazone group so those who aren't as active anymore on the board might find out?
Cath Sparrow
I tried but it did look as if it was spamming people statuses from what I could tell so I deleted but if someone else wants to do so feel free.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Cath @ Nov 23 2009, 12:12 PM) *
Yeh Cand loses adresses. She's had mine since before we started this and I still have to send it. *nods*

Yep! Plus you can only keep so many PMs, ya know. I deleted all of the messages from last year's Secret Santa long ago. It just makes it easier to keep track of the whole thing if everyone sends their address.

I'll go through my PMs and this thread tomorrow and post whose addresses I have and whose I still need. On the 2nd I will compile Cath's half of the list and send it to her, so you all should know who you have to buy for not long after that.
Phyllis
Okay, here's the list of people who have signed up so far:

Cath
voices
Daria
moop
Izzy
crazymat
elphaba
Hobbes
Lo
me
Sarah
Speaker
Mata
Vic
Pixie
Moosh
snoo
Ashbless
Spoony
Froggy
SPS

I still need addresses from:
No one!
Sir Psycho Sexy
Oh! Count me in! Am I too late? unsure.gif

Edit:
Name: SPS (Pat)
Previous victims: Lolo last year.
Likes: Surprises? I collect stuff to go on my bag, pin badges, lanyards and the like, or beads, for my wrist. Or on a practical side, I'd quite like something to keep my hair off my face.
Dislikes: Umm...cheap whisky?
Phyllis
Nope! You have until the 1st. tongue.gif PM me your address, mister. Also, let me know who your previous victims were so you don't get paired up with them again.
Phyllis
Okay, I have compiled the lists and will be sending Cath her half shortly. You should all receive your victim's name and address before too much longer!

Edit: I have sent all but one of my PMs. A certain fellow coordinator didn't send me her address this year, so I am waiting on that to send the last one. tongue.gif

Also, Hobbes should have received two PMs from me. I accidentally assigned him someone from Cath's half of the list at first. Whoops. Hobbes, if there's any confusion about who you were actually assigned, just PM me. Otherwise one person might end up getting two gifts, while another gets none!
Secret Santa
FAO: SPEAKERfortheLOST

Ho Ho Ho,

Santa's elves have been lax with the record keeping this year. In order to prevent a repeat of last year's incident we need to ask you a few questions:

Do you have any allergies that you are aware of?
Nuts? Rubber? Shell fish?

Do you have any dietary preferences?
Vegetarian? Vegan? No Octopus?

What is your hat size?
Shoe size?
Waist size?

Don't forget. This questionnaire is for your own protection. And that of the elves. Some of them are still in therapy after the terrible hat incident of '08.

--
Regards,
Santa's Workshop - Legal Dept
SPEAKERfortheLOST
O' Secret Santa whoever you are! Grace me this Christmas with a gift extraordinare!

Er.. To the Elves of mine Secret Santa your questions are for naught as I already sent you thrice the triplicate copies of the third question... or maybe it was the first...

I'll answer anyway, for the sake of the lurkers in the forum... you know who you are...

I like all foods as I'm willing to try anything at least once... I would prefer that I didn't have to kill it myself but I can manage if the need arises... My dimensions are: Large T-Shirt, 32 inch waist by 32 inch inseam pants, Shoes would be avoidable as I prefer bare-footed-ness, my fedora says L\XL and my legendary fedora says L... divine what you will from that...

aut Caesar aut nihil
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
My gift may be a bit delayed as I'm stuck at home with flu at the moment sad.gif
Secret Santa
FAO: Izzy/Yannick

Ho Ho Ho,

Santa's elves have been lax with the record keeping this year. In order to prevent a repeat of last year's incident we need to ask you a few questions:

Do you have any allergies that you are aware of?
Nuts? Rubber? Shell fish?

Do you have any dietary preferences?
Vegetarian? Vegan? No Octopus?

What is your hat size?
Shoe size?
Waist size?

Have you recently grown any extra appendages not normally found on a female body?

Are there any abnormalities of things you like/dislike that we elves of Matazone[tm] do not already know about? i.e. do you actually like frilly girly stuff?

Finally, is there anything that you already have/don't want/have no use for that can be provided... er... avoided being sent to you?

Don't forget. This questionnaire is for your own protection. And that of the elves. Some of them are still in therapy after the terrible hat incident of '08.

--
Regards,
Santa's Workshop - Legal Dept
Phyllis
I love you, Santa, but can we please not make that the default questionnaire for everyone? tongue.gif It is only funny once!

QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 1 2009, 10:14 PM) *
Waist size?

I will crotch-punch anyone who asks my measurements. It is not a question you ask a laaaaady. You've been warned. wink.gif
Daria
QUOTE (candice @ Dec 1 2009, 10:35 PM) *
I love you, Santa, but can we please not make that the default questionnaire for everyone? tongue.gif It is only funny once!

Waist size?

I will crotch-punch anyone who asks my measurements. It is not a question you ask a laaaaady. You've been warned. wink.gif

Pssst. Guys. I know her bumsize!

/me flees North
Cath Sparrow
Everyone should have their victim now. Have fun.

(and I even remebered to keep track this year so wont need anyone to PM me back with who they got. tongue.gif )
Secret Santa
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Nov 4 2009, 11:12 AM) *
Dislikes: Not so much

Seriously...whoever gets me can just IM me as SS and ask what I do and don't like/want as I should have a better idea nearer Xmas. iTunes vouchers might be useful as I'm getting a Nano for Xmas or alternatively you could choose me some songs from iTunes?? ohmy.gif They better be good

Santa is wondering if Pixiegoth wants to be a little bit more specific with her interests? smile.gif Santa's music taste isn't extraordinarily diverse these days, so a gift consisting entirely of songs my end in a headache for you, which Santa doesn't want.

Favourite... Colours? Foods? Flavours? Bands? Smells? Jokes? Materials? Things to do?

If there is anything you do not want, Santa should probably know now.
Yannick
Heya Santa.

Allergies: None.
Dietary preferences: I don't care as far as vegan/vegetarian stuff goes, but spicy things make me cry, and I just can't do coconut. Not a huge fan of potatoes either, unless they're in pancake form. Sour things = <3, sweet is is cool.

Hat size? ...Standard..? I have an average sized noggin.
Shoe size: 7 1/2 in dude's, 8 works when I wear a bunch of socks. ..I'm really picky with shoes.
Waist size: 7 in US.

Extra appendages: That second head and third arm I've been trying to get still haven't been approved by my doctors, so at this point in time, no.

Are there any abnormalities of things you like/dislike that we elves of Matazone[tm] do not already know about? i.e. do you actually like frilly girly stuff?
...Umm. Frilly and girly is a nono. It seems like a lot of people have been getting into Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh again lately, and I'm NOT into that. Star Wars is awesome. That you don't already know about, hmm. I'm pretty open about my dislikes, so if you've been following the board over the last few years, you should have those down. I'm a huuuuuge NoFX fan. Geeky things are cool. Things that make you think (brain teaserish stuff) is awesome.

Finally, is there anything that you already have/don't want/have no use for that can be provided... er... avoided being sent to you?
Already have: ..Basic life necessities?
Don't want: Girly things, kiddy things, annoying things, Twilight things.. umm... I don't know...
Don't need: Anything that will make me sweat puddles in Florida. Cluttery things.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
QUOTE (Daria @ Dec 1 2009, 05:49 PM) *
QUOTE (candice @ Dec 1 2009, 10:35 PM) *

Waist size?

Pssst. Guys. I know her bumsize!

/me flees North

Just PM SS and Cand will receive some interesting things this Christmas... Just imagine the matazone style 'things' that would be received...
Daria
It was for the shaving comp. Moop got a crocodile posing pouch, but only after we put it on the head of one of our cats and it walked backwards, shaking its grinning face menacingly.
It was hillarious.
Phyllis
QUOTE (SPEAKERfortheLOST @ Dec 2 2009, 12:35 AM) *
Just PM SS and Cand will receive some interesting things this Christmas... Just imagine the matazone style 'things' that would be received...

I know where she lives. If she does such things, I shall show up on her doorstep and tell her that her eyebrows are uneven! And I won't even bring cookies! evil.gif

That crocodile posing pouch lived on my teddy bear for awhile. It lives in moop's underwear drawer now (I think we removed it from the teddy cause his grandparents were visiting or something). It makes putting laundry away more amusing.

/spam
Secret Santa
Does anybody know, if I were to order through Amazon and have it shipped direct, would the name of the purchaser show on the included receipt?

Seeing as I have a giftee in another country, I feel this would be a better way to get it there on time. I'm just concerned I'll give myself away.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
I used a different site than Amazon the first go-round but you would have to ask Cand because I can't remember if it worked for me or not... though you could try using the amazon for that country, might work...

EDIT: I just tried using the amazon.co.uk link at the bottom of matazone.co.uk (like we all should when we order anything from amazon) and it listed the proper ways and methods to ship in the UK... so maybe you could try the other site?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.