Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today I'm Craving..
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Pikasyuu
It's like today I'm wearing, except what you want to eat!

..Sorry. I really do want tacos and margaritas. Badly.
Hobbes
I want to eat a selection of healthy, hunger-satisfying foods, that will help get me through the day.

I am actually eating a selection of unhealthy, heart-attacking foods, because I got up too late to prepare lunch, and have had to resort to what is available at the convenience store near where I work.

Ah well.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Crumpets!!
Daria
Something someone has cooked for me.
Yannick
Pretzels, which my mom promised me we are going to bake ourselves today. They will suck, but I still get to play around with dough. biggrin.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (syuu @ Nov 27 2009, 08:49 PM) *
I really do want tacos and margaritas. Badly.

That sounds good, I'll take two.
gothictheysay
Yesterday I really wanted Arby's, which does not exist near me where i go to college. I'm with my family in NJ and I remembered there was one nearby, and then my little sister told me they shut down. ;_;

Also, i said i wanted a pumpkin pie for thanksgiving. I came home to delicious pumpkin muffins which I devoured, but I still want that pie.
Moosh
WENCHES AND MEAD!
Cath Sparrow
Ooo! Good choice Moosey. Hmmmm..... I have the mead \o/
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Thanks to Jen's facebook status I now want chocolate biscuits!
SPEAKERfortheLOST
QUOTE (snoo @ Nov 28 2009, 05:33 PM) *
Thanks to Jen's facebook status I now want chocolate biscuits!

blink.gif ... I suddenly want them too! D*mn you snoo!
Pikasyuu
tortilla chips and salsa mixed with sour cream. ..or what i'm having, a delicious sandwich and vodka lemon drop.
Mata
Exercise!

So I think I'll go do some smile.gif
froggle-rock
White Rabbits
Cath Sparrow
Hmmm.... might have to see if I can con my brother into dragging some back at xmas. biggrin.gif
Pikasyuu
pad thai and warm sake. mm. :3
Moosh
A lack of responsibility. Also a plate of mozzarella/tomatoes/basil drizzled with good olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Yannick
When I was in the shower I started craving a nice glass of cold ice water. I now have some.
Mata
Whisky, and I have a nice bottle of Glenmorangie sitting at home. I think a couple of shots of that will accompany me through this evening. Yum!
Ashbless
Foccacia bread with balsamic vinegar & olive oil. Fresh from the oven with only enough cooling time to prevent burns.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Rum! Oh look!

*glug*
Pikasyuu
..all these alcohol cravings are making my hangover worse. sad.gif
and i think all the vomiting might have ruined my love for mexican food. ..which is no bueno, as i just cooked up burrito fixings by the ton last night.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
^ Really need to work on that whole 'not to excess' bit dearest... you may find it to your liking if you don't have a hangover...

I really want a good cheese steak... a true cheese steak... made with good thin sliced beef and lightly salted... with excessive amounts of cheese...
Pikasyuu
moderation and i do not understand each other. wink.gif

and. suuuuuuushi. a joe's special, specifically, which involves avocado, a deliciously tangy-sour sauce, tuna, and tempura shrimp.
elphaba2
huuuwwwwwaaaaaaAAAANT.

also, any of the following things:
-yogurt
-peanut-butter-and-jam-on-toast
-burrito

this is primarily due to the fact that my sustenance for the week consists of black beans, coffee, some kale, 7 eggs, flour and chickpeas.
Yannick
. Sushi.... thanks Syu. Salmon roll + eel roll + whatever Syuu's having, thanks.

*looks at lunch*
Ham sandwich, a coke, and some grapes. ...Satisfying.. dry.gif
Miss-Smiley
A prawn falafel wrap
Mata
I don't think I have ever craved a prawn falafel wrap in my life, but now the idea intrigues me.

I think everyone else seems to crave more interesting things than me, and I thin Syuu definitely wins the Most Interesting Cravings award.

Also, this thread makes me hungry.
Pikasyuu
my demand, pickiness, and variety of food choices occasionally makes me wonder if i'm constantly pregnant but it never grows.

..some fruit loops would be nice.
EvilSpork
Mahi mahi burrito ughhhhh
Daria
Beans on toast
Avocado
Vegetable fajitas
Nice wine
Hot chocolate and amaretto
Carbonara minus bacon (obvs)

Hmm.
Secret Santa
Good gift ideas for my various recipients...
Secret Santa
And some milk and cookies. Damn elves put me on a diet again...
Miss-Smiley
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 1 2009, 01:22 PM) *
I don't think I have ever craved a prawn falafel wrap in my life, but now the idea intrigues me.

I think everyone else seems to crave more interesting things than me, and I thin Syuu definitely wins the Most Interesting Cravings award.

Also, this thread makes me hungry.

I only had a prawn falafel wrap 2 times! Before that I never knew such combination existed! It is a unique one I reckon! The amazing new shopping centre does them! (WESTFIELD- some of you may know about it). It's actually called something like Labanis, I need to try some of their other stuff! It looks different, interesting and yummy for my tummy! Yeah this thread makes me hungry too!
LoLo
Caramel popcorn.
gothictheysay
(whoever is using) Secret Santa, you crack me up. And I wish I could have peppermint hot chocolate from starbucks all year long...
Pikasyuu
ask for a hot chocolate with peppermint syrup. voila!
SPEAKERfortheLOST
Chai Eggnog Latte. Nuff Said.
Tarantio
QUOTE (syuu @ Nov 30 2009, 12:21 AM) *
pad thai and warm sake. mm. :3

...I'll pat your thighs and warm your sake? /Innuendo

For reals:
Mojitos. Also basmati rice with ketchup. Not at the same time though
gothictheysay
oooh, thanks katii.

Right now: Food. of any sort. omg so hungry. and coffee. neeed coffee.
Yannick
Lo Mein. Had to stay after school for a math thing today without the routine Chinese food. I have to wait until Thursday/Friday now..
Mata
Oddly, I'm craving a whole pile of steamed vegetables and gravy. Maybe I'm missing a few vitamins and my body is trying to make me pay attention to it!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 8 2009, 01:38 PM) *
Oddly, I'm craving a whole pile of steamed vegetables and gravy. Maybe I'm missing a few vitamins and my body is trying to make me pay attention to it!

They say that is why pregnant women get weird cravings - it is their body trying to get the stuff it most needs.

I've got a sore throat so would really go for some mint tea right now...
froggle-rock
QUOTE (snoo @ Dec 8 2009, 05:37 PM) *
I've got a sore throat so would really go for some mint tea right now...

Snap! But I'll be having clove tea. I bought a huge bag the other day. I couldn't feel my mouth for ages after I drank some the other day, but it did taste kinda minging that strong.

>_>

dry.gif
Tarantio
Lorne rolls... *makes some*... craving satisfied ^^
Mata
QUOTE (snoo @ Dec 8 2009, 05:37 PM) *
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 8 2009, 01:38 PM) *
They say that is why pregnant women get weird cravings - it is their body trying to get the stuff it most needs.

I get that kind of thing fairly often. I usually have quite a low-fat diet (mostly because I cook with fresh ingredients 95% of the time and use chicken or fish for protein) and occasionally I get massive cravings for doner kebabs! I think my body occasionally goes 'GIVE ME FAT!' biggrin.gif

Today I'm craving more exercise again. I've had a couple of days off because I've been really busy, but I've got an hour to myself when I get home. I picked up a book of abdominal exercises a couple of days ago. I always get down on the floor and end up doing the same old set of abs workouts - I know loads more but I completely forget them when the time comes, so now I've got a book to remind me of all the good ones to keep things more interesting. I did a fifteen minute workout using the ones in there and it really ached by the end, which I've not had for ages.

And if ever proof was needed that the chemicals released in the brain by exercise can be addictive, then this post is it!
SPEAKERfortheLOST
There actually is new research being done that suggests that one should eat a portion of fat during each meal. This is due to the fact that the body needs a certain amount of base components from fat, protein, and carbohydrates to function properly. If it doesn't receive these components it has to produce them from what you have already - it pulls them from your body's cells. I have taken to eating a relative balanced diet so that I don't have any issues. I don't necessarily eat balanced every meal but I will balance a meal with another later that day or the next one.

I'll edit this post later with the links to the research.
elphaba2
Currently craving either tomato soup or indian--just bought groceries for the first time in weeks and I'm stoked to cook either.
Daria
I got my veg bag today with tomatoes, pak choi, sprouting beans and peas and seeds, broccoli, greens, cabbage... time for STIR FRY!
Mata
Is pak choi that really strong bitter green stuff that looks a bit like parsley? I've never quite worked out whether I like it. It always tends to overpower everything else I'm cooking with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.