Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Merry Christmas everyone!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Mata
Merry Christmas to you all. Thanks for proving what a lovely bunch you are, yet again, for another year.

I'm loving my radio station's choices this morning, so I'm going to post the link here for no particular reason: http://www.last.fm/listen/user/Matazone/pe...ne%252Fpersonal

'Hope you're having a lovely time, whatever you're doing. *hugs all*

Right... I guess I'd better go and get up!
Faerieryn
Happy Crimble to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yannick
Merry Newtonmas!
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
Happy holidays!
</waronchristmas>
LoLo
Merry Christmas!

I started my day with a prank on my nephew. He has been relentless telling me what he wanted for Christmas, even trying to take me to the exact place in the store to show me where it located and he did get that gift (though not from me), but I've been telling him I got him a book on the history of Turkey. I hid his real Christmas present, then took my The History Of Art book and used post its to cover up the word "Art" and did my best job handwriting a font to say Turkey. When I handed him his present he could tell it was a big book and his face just dropped because he was sure I had been lying about what his present was, and now he wasn't so sure anymore. When he opened it and saw the post it note though, he figured out the joke and then I got him his real present. I'm just pleased!
mooooooooooopo
Merry Christmas!
Hobbes
Merry Christmas everyone. I hope everybody had a fantastic day, wherever you were or whatever you were doing. I wish you a lovely Boxing Day too smile.gif
froggle-rock
Hope you all had a good one, and are and will.

Nice on, Cath XD
Cath Sparrow
Merry christmas everyone, enjoy yourselves.
Smiler
Hope everybody had a good one. Muchos lovos to you all; SMILE ;o)
Pixelgoth
Merry belated Xmas and Boxing Day smile.gif Hope everyone had fun. I did smile.gif
Ashbless
Best of the Holiday season to everybody!
Mata
Happy new year!

I had a big bottle of cider followed by lots of spiced rum and coke last night. My head now rather hurts.
Happy new year! Wooo it's the ten-ties!

Last night I got slightly drunk on brain jelly with tequila in. I have decided this is the best form of alcohol consumption.
froggle-rock
Happy New Year y'all smile.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (crazymat @ Jan 1 2010, 12:48 PM) *
brain jelly

blink.gif

Do I want to know what brain jelly is?

I got...um...very drunk. On lots of things. And I can't even blame it on Daria or gin this time. I might try, anyway. That gin is sneaky, you know.

Happy New Year, everyone!
That's brain jello for the americans biggrin.gif

So does anyone have any new years resolutions?
Cath Sparrow
Happy New Decade. Hope it's better than the last one.
Yannick
Mat, Jello shots?

My friend and I were messing around with Java from like 8 - 2. Around 2, we noticed it was the New Year and had fun. smile.gif Memorable night. My head hurts.
LoLo
QUOTE (crazymat @ Jan 1 2010, 07:38 AM) *
So does anyone have any new years resolutions?

My resolution is not to make any resolutions. Damn! *snaps fingers* messed up already.

Happy New Year! I watched movies and ended up falling asleep by 11. I'm lame!
Mata
My new year's resolution is 1080p.

(And to give my novel one more edit then send it off to a load of agents. I'm going to get an agent this year, and for extra credit it would be good to get a publishing deal but the publishing industry doesn't move very fast, so that last bit might not happen.)
Phyllis
QUOTE (crazymat @ Jan 1 2010, 03:38 PM) *
That's brain jello for the americans

I've lived in the UK for three years, so I got the jello/jelly memo ages ago. wink.gif The "brain" bit was what confused me!
Hobbes
I wish you all a Happy New Year smile.gif

Mine was spent very quietly with family, which is always nice.
Pixelgoth
I spent the new year in a pub in London getting very drunk on white wine and champagne smile.gif Very nice, different to my usual. The only downside? No NY snogging! laugh.gif
Lurker in the Park
I spent New Year stood in the middle of the biggest, best firework 'display' I've ever been to. That just happened to be in Reykjavik. My dad has a five minute video of it where theres at least one bang every second. Imagine that for 45 mins straight.

It's the 5th today and I'm still buzzing from it smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
But did you get to see the Northern Light is what we want to know!
Lurker in the Park
We didn't :'( It was the lowest level of activity ever recorded and then the one night it was working it was over Manchester apparently. Although standing in the middle of nowhere staring at the clearest sky you can imagine has its plus points. Still, I would go back in a heartbeat, I love that country.
Daria
QUOTE (candice @ Jan 1 2010, 02:17 PM) *
I got...um...very drunk. On lots of things. And I can't even blame it on Daria or gin this time. I might try, anyway. That gin is sneaky, you know.

Hehehehe ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Lurker in the Dark @ Jan 5 2010, 09:53 PM) *
I spent New Year stood in the middle of the biggest, best firework 'display' I've ever been to. That just happened to be in Reykjavik. My dad has a five minute video of it where theres at least one bang every second. Imagine that for 45 mins straight.

It's the 5th today and I'm still buzzing from it smile.gif

That sounds incredible!

My new year's eve involved the following things: giving my 9.2kg cat (Fatty Oscar) a bath, eating so many fajitas it was hard to move, watching the first part of the new BBC version of Day Of The Triffids, kisses and snuggles, joking that Paolo Nutini's suit is far too small for him, being happy. It was sober and spent just with Wytu.
I don't have any new year's resolutions, however I feel very energised and good. This year is off to a better start than the last, and I am excited about changing things. I decided I will start getting up at 7am every day which means going to bed earlier. I will also start reading before I go to bed, I will lose weight, I will do more exercise and I will be better with money. Come February this post may come back to bite me in the arse, but for the moment I have so many fresh ideas and the energy with which to carry them out. Yay for 2010!

Note this may all go down the drain if we are found guilty. POSITIVE THINKING, GUYS.
Mata
*thinks happy thoughts*

Those sound like great aims. Keep focussing on the benefits you'll have from them - I always imagine how much happier I'll be when I achieve something, and that helps motivate me to get them done. I got a PhD that way!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.