Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lazer Quest Meet up!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
froggle-rock
So, after Hobbes reminded me of the Mata Poses With Duck video, I was thinking we could have another Lazer Quest Meet. The last one was in Woking, which was fun. Pubs/ close to the train station and all that jazz. But of course, the more the merrier, there are plenty of places around the country (here and here, so who fancies it?

I'm thinking some times in mid March/ end of March.
Mata
That definitely sounds good to me.

More to the point though, I have absolutely no recall of ever seeing that video before!
Hobbes
As always, I'm glad to have been able to provide a service in the form of helping old, random videos resurface.

As for shooting people with lasers, it does sound like a jolly good idea, even though it has been approximately sixteen years since I last did such a thing (for fun, anyway).
mooooooooooopo
I am pretty tempted by the concept of a laser quest meet depending on the location, timing and whatnot. smile.gif
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
me too... haven't been to a laser thingy since my 12th (I think) birthday ohmy.gif
froggle-rock
Hehe, I don't think I linked it before.

Who else is up for it? I'm thinking the easiest place for most people to get to.
Lurker in the Park
Bring it on. I'm always up for laseing a few people of an afternoon. Also I can provide lifts if required. I always prefered LQ to Quasar though as you can't shoot your own team.
Faerieryn
We're up for lazer quest and the last one was down our way- people are more than welcome to come out to the sticks!!!!!
Tis easy to get to us from Waterloo though and we do have floor space for about 6 (8 if someone wants to sleep in the kitchen and the bathroom!)
Pixelgoth
Errr maybe. Depends on location and dates. I currently can't do the 1st or 3rd weekend in March and possibly not the last one as I may be in Chicago but no flights are booked yet. My weekends tend to get booked up rather quickly so keep me posted on here and I'll see what I can do smile.gif Woking is a little difficult for me as that means a train into London then out to Woking and vica versa and seeing as the last train to Burnham is 9pm on Saturdays an evening out is pretty much outta the question sad.gif
Novander
I'm still bitter that the laser quest place in Norwich never replied to my job application there. Like many others, depends on date and place.
Lurker in the Park
On the basis of what Pixie said, I'll start the date bidding at the 13th-14th March. I'm good that weekend, any advance?
Mata
I can't do that weekend, and neither can you Rob if you fancy coming along to the WEHORR boat race...

On which note, who fancies coming along to sit in a pub by the Thames and cheer on Laura (my girlfriend) as she coxes a team of rowers from Oxford? It's on Saturday 13th of March. I'll be out in London in the evening too, if the boating/daytime side of things isn't good for you.

Other than that weekend, pretty much any time is currently good for me - how about the end weekends of March or beginning of April?
froggle-rock
I'll probably be up for an evening drink in London part of the 13th of March.

So, onto Lazer Questing,

Yes. 27th/ 28th of March or the 3rd/ 4th of April is good for me. I'm thinking I should just pick a place and see who fancies it.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 14 2010, 12:02 PM) *
a team of rowers

Intriguing... >_>

On a serious note, my old man will be moving back to France around March, so I'm not sure of my availability. The plus side though, if we fancy a Matazone based jaunt to Brittany this summer, we'll have a base of operations!
Mata
All of these options are intriguing -

So, a London meet on 13th of Feb, watching the rowing then heading out to a pub elsewhere (somewhere easier to get to than Hammersmith)
Laser Quest meet on 27th March or 3rd April
Then Brittany perhaps in the summer.

Nice smile.gif
Lurker in the Park
Oh crumbs, don't let her see that, death by mad cox ably assisted by 8 rowers isn't what I had in mind and getting chucked in the Thames isn't an improvement. I can't do the 4th May, but the 3rd is ok if I can get home that night (BTCC first round on the 4th).
Sir Psycho Sexy
Eight? Giggity!*

13th and 27th March are good for me, as they just happen to fall on my weekends off, glee! So I should be able to make at least one of those.

*I'm really, really sorry...
Faerieryn
My birthday is the 11th of March so that weekend is not good for me I'm afraid. I'm hoping for a large amount of spoiling from da husband! The weekend after seems good in principle... I'll let you know once I have checked with Monkey boy!
Mata
Yay! I've not seen you two in absolutely ages smile.gif And SPS, it's been far too long too. I'm really looking forward to this - I hope we can sort out a date we can all make.
froggle-rock
Okay, votes please on the 27th of March?
Lurker in the Park
Looks good for me.
Mata
Nothing's jumping out in my memory. 27th March sounds good to me too smile.gif
Phyllis
We can't do the 27th, as we'll be doing something or other for our anniversary that weekend.
Is this still going to be in woking? I don't have anything planned for any date ever (besides work) so I provisionally approve of all the above suggestions.

P.S. this'll be my first time meeting you scary internet people so please don't murder me or anything kthxbai
Cath Sparrow
But... but... but... we do it so well! Nobodies caught us yet!
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (candice @ Feb 20 2010, 10:08 PM) *
We can't do the 27th, as we'll be doing something or other for our anniversary that weekend.

Anniversary Laser Quest? I'm sure lasers are a good anniversary present...
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Sir Psycho Sexy @ Feb 21 2010, 08:55 PM) *
Anniversary Laser Quest? I'm sure lasers are a good anniversary present...

Seconded. Maybe we can get a shark to make an appearance.
Phyllis
Pft. Everyone knows that the 16th anniversary is the laser anniversary, and this is only our 3rd. tongue.gif
Mata
It's like that advert on TV: "this anniversary, say it with lasers." At least, I think they say lasers. They might have said flowers, now I think about it, but I prefer my version. Dooooo iiiiiiiit.
mooooooooooopo
In my experience lasers say "No Mr Bond, I expect you to die". tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (moop @ Feb 22 2010, 07:24 PM) *
In my experience lasers say "No Mr Bond, I expect you to die". tongue.gif

No, lasers say "pew pew pew"!
Faerieryn
Are we in Woking- or elsewhere?
Mata
Woking seems like a sensible choice to me.
Faerieryn
So... 27th March. My house. Many peoples. Please let us know how many to expect. I'm tracking down a "mad as a hatter" T shirt especially!
Mata
Expect me! Probably not with my lady - I expect she'd be rowing the next day and travelling back from Woking probably wouldn't be the best preparation, so most probably it'll just be me.
Lurker in the Park
Looks like me too, last train is only 22:30
you have lasers in your house??? ohmy.gif
Lurker in the Park
How else do you deal with door-to-door people? I could seriously do with a couple for the political bods round here.
Sir Psycho Sexy
I'd like to say yes, but Woking's a bitch of a commute. Do you have a very long sofa? Can I kip on it?
Faerieryn
We have the following.
1 largeish sofa
1 smaller sofa
1 double airbed and attached sleeping bag
2 single sleeping bags
Floor boards for another 2 unless you want to get really cozy, then we're looking at 3!
If people tell me in advance I can get bacon!
Lurker in the Park
I'll take a 6' x 3' set of floorboards please. Also, BACON biggrin.gif
Faerieryn
Shall we do the official who are you thing yet? Numbers would be good! My sister and he fiance are likely to be joining us so if there is a large group of us we may need to book lazer killing
Mata
Official thing works for me smile.gif
Hobbes
Sadly I am watching Derren Brown that day so I am unable to attend sad.gif I do, however, wish everyone the best of luck with their pew-pew-ing biggrin.gif
froggle-rock
Slight over sight... My sister's 18th no the 27th and the family are getting together. >...<

Hope you guys have a good time. And please, please whoops Mata's arse: he was far too Terminator like and cool last time.
Mata
I now have a full mohawk too, for that extra 80s Terminator feel.

Come with me if you want to live.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.