Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How long has syuu been at 5,000 posts?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Pikasyuu
About six years now, but I'm slowly and loyally chugging along to Six-Kay.
This forum also needs some livening up, so I posted a silly question and its silly answer. You, do similar things.

Cath Sparrow
So you want to start up the post count wars again! Are you crazy?

(yes I just here adding to the thread for you and I'm not far off 4k) tongue.gif
Mata
BOOBS!

Sorry... Wrong thread...
Tarantio
OMG Mata, your posts are OVER 9000!!!1!

...I'll get me coat.
Yannick
Just realized I broke 3k a while ago if I combine my accounts. biggrin.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Mar 8 2010, 10:25 AM) *
OMG Mata, your posts are OVER 9000!!!1!

...I'll get me coat.

And after years he's the number 1 poster on his own forums.
vicrawr
I post so rarely that every post I make is amazing.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
My posts are generally fractional... I post many small bits that keep my count low... this helps me keep my figure lookin' good.
voices_in_my_head
Sigh, the good ol' days when I flipped out every time I made 100 post. Good times.

On that note, I'm not too sure how many I have now.
Cath Sparrow
It say just under your av. you have 3,154 Voices. Eeep! your catching me up!
LoLo
QUOTE (Cath @ Mar 9 2010, 04:11 AM) *
It say just under your av. you have 3,154 Voices. Eeep! your catching me up!

Wow, must be hard to concentrate with 3,154 voices. lol tongue.gif
voices_in_my_head
You have no ide-

Hey, shut up in there
no, you shut up
don't make me come in there
I swear to god.
guys, seriously, just shut up. I'm trying to make a post.
Thank you.

>_> But yeah. it's difficult.
Tarantio
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Mar 9 2010, 07:27 PM) *
You have no ide-

Hey, shut up in there
no, you shut up
don't make me come in there
I swear to god.
guys, seriously, just shut up. I'm trying to make a post.
Thank you.

>_> But yeah. it's difficult.

I can totally relate.

NO HE CAN'T.
Faerieryn
I'm a crappy poster. I'm only online nowwhen Matt is on the radio and I realsie I have no RL friends. Sob!
gothictheysay
I think I hit 3000 and then slowed down a lot. Haha I used to care about post count too. Even scarier, I used to be fourteen. On these forums. yup. that is terrifying.
Novander
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Mar 12 2010, 08:24 PM) *
I think I hit 3000 and then slowed down a lot. Haha I used to care about post count too. Even scarier, I used to be fourteen. On these forums. yup. that is terrifying.

Psh, Sarah, you're always going to be fourteen on these forums. Don't pretend like you're growing up.

I have no idea what my current post count is. I know I'm over 1,000, but beyond that I haven't a clue. Posting this is probably the easiest way to find out.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
I will reach 1000 one day....
mooooooooooopo
I'm relaxing back here in the 2000 posts zone. It's nice and cool down here and not too crowded. biggrin.gif
Pikasyuu
wasn't Mata at like..three..for a very long time? not three thousand, three.
Daria
What am I?

Edit: it would seem almost 3,000. Nowai!
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Mar 12 2010, 02:24 PM) *

Oh, god. I was 11, I think, when I first joined. That is the scariest though ever.
Yannick
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Mar 13 2010, 12:00 AM) *
Oh, god. I was 11, I think, when I first joined. That is the scariest though ever.

I think I joined the summer before 5th grade. ph34r.gif ...I'm terrified of rereading old posts..

Haha, if I remember correctly, my first thread was a concern about Florida upping the age of drivers? I can almost legally drive (woo!), but yeah, yay for keeping 12 year olds off the streets..
vicrawr
QUOTE (Novander @ Mar 12 2010, 05:04 PM) *
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Mar 12 2010, 08:24 PM) *

Psh, Sarah, you're always going to be fourteen on these forums. Don't pretend like you're growing up.

Amen!
Industrial Kybosh
Hurm. All this focus on post counts can only lead to baaaad things. Remember how gerbil got when he became post-addicted? Grim.

What I'm saying is, calm it down of I'll be forced to reform the OPLI.

Yeah, that's right. Quake in fear, people who know what I'm talking about. And that goes for both of you.

[EDIT] OMG LOL! I has over 4K! ROFLZOMG!!!1!!
Industrial Kybosh
On a more/less serious note, does anyone still have any of the screenshots that were taken when certain posters hit landmark totals? I remember a few 1K ones, but also a smattering of 666s and 1337s...
Phyllis
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 13 2010, 10:26 AM) *
Hurm. All this focus on post counts can only lead to baaaad things. Remember how gerbil got when he became post-addicted? Grim.

What I'm saying is, calm it down of I'll be forced to reform the OPLI.

Yeah, that's right. Quake in fear, people who know what I'm talking about. And that goes for both of you.

Gerby is TWENTY-ONE now. Can you believe that nonsense? That is how old I was when I joined the forums. He is forever 14 in my head, even though I met him and tousled his hair in person when he was 16 or 17.

OPLI...hmm. I don't remember what it stands for, but I recognise it. Occasional Posters something something? I remember STYLR and RPA, though.

Aww, I remember a very ickle Voices wandering into IRC all precocious-like and making us afraid to say anything dirty. biggrin.gif You've progressed beyond the age of 11 in my head, but you'll probably stay a teenager forever as far as I'm concerned.

I've been somewhere around 5,000 posts for ages, I think. Edit: Wow! I'm number 10 in the top 10 posters. And cheese is still number 3, hah.
Mata
Oh yes, I remember those being taken, I've no idea who did it though.

I'm number one at last? Blimey! I've overtaken Lolo!
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 13 2010, 10:30 AM) *
1337s...

On a side note, does anyone else smile when they look at the clock and it's leet-o'clock?

Spam spam spam. Spammity spam spam.

...I feel dirty...
Tarantio
Spending most of my day in a computer lab with 60ish fellow geeks, I regularly celebrate leet-o'clock smile.gif
We used to do it in work (Game) as well...
Daria
All the time. I even answer "it's leet o'clock" if someone asks me what the time is and it's 13:37
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
I have a five year lull in my posts. How disappointing! D:
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Sir Psycho Sexy @ Mar 13 2010, 10:57 AM) *
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 13 2010, 10:30 AM) *
1337s...

On a side note, does anyone else smile when they look at the clock and it's leet-o'clock?

Looking at the clock to check the time and finding it squarely at 13:37 is one of life's most innocent (and nerdy) pleasures. And it happens every day! happy.gif

cand - Occasional Posters' League International. It was me, Missy A, Cheese (though he crossed over to the dark side bigtime dry.gif) and NoName4444. Others joined at later points, but that was yer core "hey, what's with all the postin' here?" group of killjoys. Happy days. But do you, cand, remember the CCs? wink.gif

And gerb is 21? Who gave him permission to age? @_@
Phyllis
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 18 2010, 07:47 PM) *
But do you, cand, remember the CCs? wink.gif

Of course I do, though I cannot say what it stands for on the forum. wink.gif I should start using the word that the second C stands for again. I stopped, for some strange reason. Good insult, that.
Industrial Kybosh
Truly. I must point out that I never stopped searching for songs containing the first C. Never found any more though... ;_;
Phyllis
Ah, more songs containing the first C. That's the dream.

Maybe someday, Dragonslayer. Maybe someday.
Pikasyuu
no matter how young voices was, i still hit on her. it was like vic possessing me..
i need more irc in my life. one of my best memories is crushin' on spoon and staying up all day/night, getting to see the whole crew in the process. david, moop, cand, andypants, oni, beckers, wytu, myself, sarah..fun, fun times. smile.gif
Daria
UNO!
Pikasyuu
THE QUEEN!
you need to be back in irc more, lady. i was just talking to someone about how amazing your outstanding wit is.
vicrawr
QUOTE (syuu @ Mar 22 2010, 03:39 AM) *
no matter how young voices was, i still hit on her. it was like vic possessing me..
i need more irc in my life. one of my best memories is crushin' on spoon and staying up all day/night, getting to see the whole crew in the process. david, moop, cand, andypants, oni, beckers, wytu, myself, sarah..fun, fun times. smile.gif

WAIT WHAT? I never did that!

Did I?
Pikasyuu
oooh yes.
voices_in_my_head
What's suspicious, syuu, is that the hitting-on stopped once I got near being legal.

ANY CONFESSIONS YOU WISH TO MAKE, MA'AM?
Tarantio
That's about when the hitting-on usually stops; it's also when the stalking begins. I was always too old to be stalked by a Syuuko, so I missed out on that, but you can still have fun with it tongue.gif
Daria
QUOTE (syuu @ Mar 22 2010, 08:42 PM) *
THE QUEEN!
you need to be back in irc more, lady. i was just talking to someone about how amazing your outstanding wit is.

I live in three other IRC channels, on different servers. How about you come to visit me once in a while, huh?

Also, I am now in #burrito. It is dead. You promise so much ;-;
Pikasyuu
pffft, i was there until..11am UK time. sad.gif
Mata
I don't think I've been stalked by Syuu yet, and I've got to be having at least my third childhood by now...
Pikasyuu
the syuu-is-pedophile genre of jokes make me laugh.
i really am a reverse cougar, though.
Pikasyuu
re: tonight's posting binge, i am within 200 posts of six kay. awesome.
remember when 'posting binge' meant fifteen or twenty and not five?
leopold
I don't remember when a posting binge was 15-20 posts. I think I must've been in one of my lengthy absences when that happened. Back in the day, 20 posts was more of a light snack laugh.gif

I can't believe I'm still in the top 5 posters. Fourth place? How did that happen? I'm almost never here!
Cath Sparrow
I was all that binging back in the day. Your still suffering the consiquences now. tongue.gif
Pikasyuu
Oh, you. Thirty nine to go!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.