Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What side of the bed?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
LoLo
I was just wondering what side of the bed you sleep on?

For me I used to be all about the right side of the bed, then somewhere, somehow it changed to the left side of the bed. Currently I sleep wherever I feel the most comfortable that night, be it the left right or under the bed, so my answer is it depends. If I ever get to share a bed again, I'll probably have to choose a side, but for now I'm open to all options.

How about you?
Tarantio
Beds have sides? Mine sort of just dips in the middle, so I end up sleeping there whether I want to or not. Assuming I can sleep, which, tonight at least, I can't :/

I do sometimes reverse the direction in which I sleep (which end of the bed my head is at, I mean, though I do sometimes sleep from the morning through to the night rather than the other way about too), it sometimes helps me get to sleep faster. Whenever I've shared a bed, though, I've generally bowed to the demands of whoever I'm sharing with, as I'm not terribly bothered about sides.
Pikasyuu
in mine, the right. or..it's right when i'm in it. if i'm facing it, it's the left.

and i cannot sleep on the other side. it's weird. D:
Yannick
I usually start on the left, but wake up in all different places.. Today, diagonally with half a blanket. I can't sleep on the side next to the wall because I'm freaked out if my arm falls down the crack, spiders or something will get. (I never really got over the monsters under my bed thing, the monsters are just actually real demons. >:( It used to be leprechauns, now it's spiders. ...Both realistic when it comes to the area they have to hide in. *shrug*
Moosh
I usually sleep stage right moving to the middle, but I'm not particularly bothered about it, that's just easier because the way the furniture in my bedroom is set up both sides of the bed don't have equally easy access.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'm not particularly bothered but Paul demands to be on the side closest to the door so in our room that means I sleep on the right but if we go to a hotel or elsewhere it may be that I have to sleep on the left.

I think given a choice I would sleep on the left if I was sharing but the right if I was on my own.
mooooooooooopo
Always the left. It must be the left and it always has been the left.

(I have a sneaking suspicion that at one point it was the right but I've forgotten)
Phyllis
QUOTE (moop @ Sep 23 2010, 06:33 PM) *
(I have a sneaking suspicion that at one point it was the right but I've forgotten)

It was, when we were in our old room. tongue.gif You complained when we switched rooms, since your side of the bed switched as well and it felt odd at first.

I don't have any preferences about right or left, but I must be on the side farthest from the door when sharing a bed. I guess I just feel more secure that way.

PS: Where is the Whitney option?! I don't know what to do in a poll with no Whitney.
LoLo
QUOTE (Candllis @ Sep 23 2010, 10:53 AM) *
PS: Where is the Whitney option?! I don't know what to do in a poll with no Whitney.

Ahh I may have left it out on purpose. wink.gif

I figured the hammock one might be a nice substitute, however people don't seem as drawn to it as my head had initially predicted. *shakes fist at head* Ouch, now I'm going to have a lump.
Cath Sparrow
I'm kinda left middle I prefer to sleep nearer the wall.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
ya... totally have a hammock... and in that sense i suppose you could say that I swing both ways.
Hobbes
Being the anally retentive and pedantic person that I am, I feel like I can't answer your poll until I know whether you mean the left/right as I look AT the bed, or whilst I'm laying on my back IN it?

It could skew the results, my dear LoLo! smile.gif

Plus... which side? The OTHER side!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I now feel like I should clarify that I sleep on the right as I lay in bed on my back and thinking back I used to sleep on the right when I was on my own and the double bed thing was a brand new experience, except when I was ill... then I slept on the left because it was closer to the door.
LoLo
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Sep 24 2010, 01:27 PM) *
Being the anally retentive and pedantic person that I am, I feel like I can't answer your poll until I know whether you mean the left/right as I look AT the bed, or whilst I'm laying on my back IN it?

My thought was while you're actually in the bed, not looking at it.
Pikasyuu
Being the anally

this is as far as I got in Hobbes' post. why yes, I am in fifth grade.
gothictheysay
When I'm not sharing, the middle. When I am sharing, usually the "outside". If both sides are open I have no preference.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
After having spent numerous nights in a bed that was designed for one person next to my better half... I can say that I have no real preference on which side I'm on... For the most part anyway... I still hold that I should be closer to the door in case 'pear shaping' occurs and I have to defend my love against unknown assailants... What can I say, I'm just a hopeless romantic sometimes...
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
What is 'pear shaping'? I googled and it isn't even on Urban Dictionary so I'm pretty sure you've just made it up...
Lurker in the Park
I believe it's "in case it all goes pear-shaped" i.e. bad.

Right, but when I'm on my own it tends to be more a case of head on right, mostly in middle and gods know where my feet end up.
Hobbes
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 24 2010, 09:53 PM) *
My thought was while you're actually in the bed, not looking at it.

Ah, okay... well, I usually seem to be lying on the same side as the door, so currently on the right smile.gif

QUOTE (Pikasyuu @ Sep 24 2010, 10:47 PM) *
Being the anally

this is as far as I got in Hobbes' post. why yes, I am in fifth grade.

I choose my words with precision and care smile.gif
SPEAKERfortheLOST
And Lurker gets the prize for that obscure reference...
Faerieryn
Currently I sleep on the left and when Matt and I moved in I just naturally put all of my stuff on the left. When I was little I slept up against which ever side was against the wall
Moosh
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Sep 24 2010, 09:27 PM) *

This is why I said stage right, rather than house right. Am I the only person who uses theatre directions in everyday life?
Daria
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Sep 26 2010, 03:58 PM) *
Am I the only person who uses theatre directions in everyday life?

No.

Left, and currently Wytu and I argue over who gets to sleep on that side because it's the side with the table and nearest the door. I don't know what he's complaining about, though, I have always slept on the left in our bed- even in the single bed. (Apart from at his house, because I fall out on that side.)
Lurker in the Park
*claims prize* Dunno about the theatre directions, I keep getting confused. That said I'm a kayaker and can't get river left and river right correct. Must check if it's downstream or just as you look at it.
Random_Trout
Who uses a bed to sleep? Am I right ladies? wink.gif
I_am_the_best
By myself: I like to change periodically before eventually falling asleep in some position. Sometimes it's comforting to sleep on the wall side, sometimes it's nicer and more open to sleep on the open side.

With someone: I like to change! Keep it fresh! I hope that when I get married and sleep in bed with my husband we won't have sides. It'll be exciting. smile.gif In a slightly mundane way..
voices_in_my_head
And this is where having a twin size bed becomes a delima. I can barely fit length-wise in the thing, and there is certainly no room for me to be picky about which side I'm on. There are two sides - the middle, and the floor. So when I'm on my own I do prefer to sleep in the middle. It's better than the other option.

However, now that Michael is living with me, we're sharing the bed. Which isn't so bad considering how horribly skinny we both are, and we managed to work out a way of sleeping that allows us both to stay off of the floor. So now, I prefer the left side, because that is the open side, and I can feel the fan that way. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.