Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Secret Santa 2010
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Phyllis
It's that time again! Time for you all to sign up to get a victim lucky Matazonian (chosen by Cath or me evil.gif) something special for around £5 (as of right now, that amounts to about $8 US).

The deadline to sign up is the 1st of December. To sign up, simply fill out the thingummy (hey! Firefox recognises thingummy as a valid word. Who knew?) at the bottom of this post with your own information, post it in this thread, and then PM me your address. You need to send a PM even if you think I already have your address (unless you're moop, of course). It makes it a lot easier for me to keep track of everything, and the odds of me actually finding an address sent to me a year ago are slim to none. tongue.gif

Victims will likely be assigned on the 1st, and I'm going to say the deadline for sending gifts should be the 10th, given that some will have to be sent internationally. There's some wiggle room on the deadline, but be sure to let your victim know if his/her gift will be late (you'll receive the sign-in info for the Secret Santa account when either Cath or myself PM you with your victim's name and address, and you can post in this thread under that username to ask questions, etc.).

Please don't participate if you think you might not be able to follow through. Sometimes things beyond your control can come up, which is perfectly understandable, but if you're going to flake, for the love of Pete, let us know as far in advance as you can, okay? Okay.

If you've participated in the past, Cath and I will need to know the names of your previous victims, so you don't get paired up with them again. If you don't remember who they were (this is the fourth year we're doing this, after all), you can find last year's thread here. It should have your victims from the first two years in your initial post, and buried somewhere in the thread will be the name of the person you had last year.

I think that's everything! PM Cath or myself if you have any questions/concerns/chocolate/praise that can't go in the thread.

So...

Name: Candice
Previous Victim(s): Ashbless, Cheesemoose, and Elphaba
Likes/Dislikes: The past few years I've just asked for something to amuse me, and it has yet to fail me. I hate anything banana or cherry flavoured, should Santa feel like sending me food. Oh, and I'm a vegetarian, though I don't know why you'd send me meat. Never hurts to be sure, though. I'd feel bad if I failed to mention it, and then opened the door to find the postman standing there with a side of beef or something. And then I'd wonder where you found a side of beef for £5, and it'd just be an awkward experience all round. My favourite animals are deer, my favourite colour is green, and I harbour fantasies about moving to some remote location to become a beekeeper/hermit. I'm not a big fan of knick-knacks, as a general rule. Looking back at this post, I think I can also add parentheses to my list of likes. Yeesh.
LoLo
Name: LoLo
Previous Victim(s): Evilspoon and Snoo
Likes/Dislikes:I pretty much go for anything funny. I'm obsessed with eyes, strange socks and Harley Quinn from batman. I don't like country music, tomatoes or people who want me to dance.
Mata
Name: Mata
Previous Victim(s): CheeseMoose, Ryn, and the poster forumly known as EvilSpoon
Likes/Dislikes: Well designed objects or 'urban toys', books of pictures, illustration thing generally, savoury foods, spicy foods, arty stuff, steampunk, punk, gothy things, quirky things... That should do. I don't really have many dislikes in the world. I'm a happy chap.
voices_in_my_head
Name: Chelsey/ Voices
Previous Victim(s): Kitty, Izzy, and Gothictheysay
Likes/Dislikes: I like pretty things. I'm currently an art major so anything related to art or the creating of it is not only an awesome gift, but is extremely useful. I don't like spicy things. I like jewelry with lots of sparkly things on it, and books of any kind. I have an odd love for Hello Kitty and other equally cute things. I love sleep and caffiene. And you. I love you, whoever you are.
Cath Sparrow
Name: Cath
Previous victims: 1st year - Gothic Angel, 2nd year - moop, last year - Froggy
Likes/Dislikes: I like pirates, goth stuff, generally alternative stuff steam punk etc. Odd = good. I've a seriously bad sweet tooth, jewellery and shiney stuff is good to and generally anything silly, amusing or quirky.
I hate banana anything they are the spawn of satan!! I think that reasonably covers it.

(No I didn't just copy and paste from last year. Honest!)
Moosh
Name: James or Moosh
Previous Victims: Chelsey, Amy, Hobbes
Likes: second-hand books, little weird toys, geeky things, sweets, caffeine, science!
Dislikes: chocolate
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Name: snoo
Previous Victim(s): Ange, Voices, Cath
Likes/Dislikes: I like the colour green, penguins, Alice in Wonderland, corduroy, warm fuzzy things, bunnies, sweets (especially sour ones), knee-socks, big mugs, curious objects that may or may not serve a purpose and basically anything random.

I dislike Gelatine (and other animal derived products used to make confectionery such as cochineal), monkeys and spicy foods.
elphaba2
I love this thingummy smile.gif

Name: amy
Previous Victims: Speaker, Daria, Vic
Likes/Dislikes: stories, poems, hot beverages, small tins, small things to put in small tins, fabric/yarn, middle eastern/arabic things, french things, spanish things, brains, music, oh anything anything anything. I've gotten amazing things every year (thanks moop, james and candice!) and am generally really lucky to know y'all biggrin.gif
Hobbes
Okay! I'm in for my second year!

Name: Hobbes
Previous Victim: Moop
Likes: cute animals, the English language, dreams, psychology, ephemera, music, photography, books books books, anything crafted with love and consideration, original art, keyrings, magnets, bubbles, stones, funny stuff, boxes, stationery, and attractive female redheads innocent.gif
Dislikes: Just in terms of food really... Nuts, bananas, extremely spicy stuff.
mooooooooooopo
Definitely in! I require more victims and my previous santas gave awesome gifts.

Name: Moop
Previous Victims: Elphaba, Froggy, LoLo
Likes: Cute animals, unconventionally cute animals like spiny lizards, sour things, root beer, weird noises and unconventional musical instruments, mysterious objects.
Dislikes: Bananas, mushrooms.

[edit] Added root beer. It is glorious and I miss it.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
I'm in. Hopefully royal mail won't steal my gift this year.

Name: Mat
Prev victims: Um, CheeseMoose I think (I could be making that up?)
Likes: Functional things. Odd things. The python programming language.
Dislikes: No sugary things please, I'm afraid of dentists.
TigerLily013
Name: Rebecca (TigerLily013 as nick will do)

Prev victims: None! First year this year I'm actually wanting AND able to participate!

Likes: Costume jewelry like mood rings that don't need to be adjusted to fit me (I'm a size 10/11ish in ring), I like boy's chains I can wear around my neck, I'm a sucker for crafts and sentimental creations someone took the time to think about lil' ol' me. Creations someone makes me can include computer made media files (music, wallpapers, video), stuff made of material like cloth, plastic, paper etc, you get the idea.

I collect virtual pets, and I also play World of Warcraft. I like Warlocks <3 Tis the first thing I leveled on there haha. I'm also enjoy things like cats, hello kitty, power rangers (old school please) and shiny things.

I don't know if food would be involved, however if it is something that'll travel well if it comes across the sea. Pocky or something box with low sodium is always a plus. Chocolate delights and other japanese treats are this lady's fancy. I also like a lot of gummy candies, and if they could be sugarfree that would be awesome, but if not no worries!

So Pretty much I like a lot of things lol.

Dislikes: Olives, Pepto Bismol or any food with sodium percentage of higher than 8%. I'm still working on the weight loss and main concern is keeping salt down. A lot in most cases as possible.

Also if sweets be sent to me, send an amount within reason since chocolate has a tendency to lower my will power to behave >_> lol.
Ashbless
Name: Ashbless
Previous victims: Mata, Smiler, and er, was it Daria?
Fresh food is tricky to send me as I'm in Canada. I'm not a big fan of the colour pink. I'm a biblioholic. Anything really. People have picked wonderful things in the past so I'm feeling pretty positive that whatever will be great.
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (TigerLily013 @ Nov 4 2010, 05:02 AM) *
Dislikes: Olives, Pepto Bismol or any food with sodium percentage of higher than 8%. I'm still working on the weight loss and main concern is keeping salt down. A lot in most cases as possible.

This made me laugh, that you hate Pepto SO MUCH that you're ensuring that just in case anyone wanted to send you a gift that helps de-gas you they don't choose to send the pink stuff. Anything but that.

Of course the fact that made me laugh so much might partially be the sleep deprevation.

ps - expect pepto if i'm your secret santa. smile.gif
TigerLily013
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Nov 5 2010, 02:29 AM) *
QUOTE (TigerLily013 @ Nov 4 2010, 05:02 AM) *

This made me laugh, that you hate Pepto SO MUCH that you're ensuring that just in case anyone wanted to send you a gift that helps de-gas you they don't choose to send the pink stuff. Anything but that.

Of course the fact that made me laugh so much might partially be the sleep deprevation.

ps - expect pepto if i'm your secret santa. smile.gif

Funny thing is, it would be worse to send me olives than the Pepto because even on smell those things made me very ill. Pepto needs to be ingested to make me sick lol. But I digest (joking)! laugh.gif

I expect something semi whacky lol.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
Name: Patrick
Previous Victims: Candice and Izzy
Likes/Dislikes: Randomness has seemed to work well for me so far... So find random items. Put them in box. Send. Repeat.
Oni Usagi
This event was brought to my attention, and I'm actually able to participate. So here goes.
Name: Oni
Previous victims: I am innocent!
Likes: Puzzles/games, anime/manga related stuff, lurking, bunnies, foxes, space (outer), sour foods, spicy foods.
Dislikes: Pastels, uno, sweets, fruit, spiders, horror, Nickelback

QUOTE (LoLo @ Nov 1 2010, 11:09 AM) *
I don't like country music, tomatoes or people who want me to dance.

Seconded!
Hobbes
QUOTE (Oni Usagi @ Nov 7 2010, 09:19 AM) *
This event was brought to my attention, and I'm actually able to participate.

Yay, Oni's in!

Dislikes: uno

You don't REALLY mean that... stop trying to offend us!

wink.gif
Cath Sparrow
Previous victims: I am innocent!

Aaawwww We get to corrupt Oni some more. \o/
Moosh
QUOTE (LoLo @ Nov 1 2010, 03:09 PM) *
I don't like country music

I do, if you have any that you're not using you can always give it to me smile.gif
EvilSpork
Name: Lloyd (not really, that's the bird's name)
Previous victims: Ashbless, Candice
Likes: Old stuff, spicy things, bicycles, motorcycles, knitting (particularly socks on double points), older video games, irn bru, cute things, tee shirts with freaking awesome designs, seriously good coffee, tea, bananas, orange (the color), orange (the fruit), cookies, muffins, pies, chocolate, wool, high performance synthetics, hiking, socks
Dislikes: Nickelback, being impaled, being cold, starbucks, crummy beer, large amounts of sugar (it makes my teeth hurt), nursing homes, answering phones, walmart
Daria
Name: Becky
Previous victims: Moop, Pat and Mata
Likes: Cephalopods, fabric, buttons, mix CDs, green things, birds, dark chocolate, ginger, the (^^^) shark, the book Howl's Moving Castle

Dislikes: Dolphins, meaty things, sweets, everyone else's taste in music, misunderstandings of my sense of humour, food with foreign ingredients lists that are untranslatable and leave me with an uncomfortable feeling of paranoia as to whether the foodstuff in question contains animal-derived incredients, large corporations, too much plastic, climate change activists, the film Howl's Moving Castle

I'm a vegetarian, and I like Mr Snaffleburger the bestest.
Mata
Blimey! Hey Oni, nice to see you again smile.gif I just checked your stats and the last time you started a topic was four years ago!
gothictheysay
Name: Sarah (gothic if you must, sometimes there are just too many sarahs)
Previous Victims: Pat, of the SPS variety
Likes: books, good music, fluffy/cute things, clever things, a wide variety of animals, sci-fi-y stuff, snazzy earrings... I have confidence that whatever I get I'll probably like.
Dislikes: I can be picky about food, BUT if you do have something tasty, I'm perfectly willing to accept it biggrin.gif I don't like fruity filled chocolate... well, my friend says it best when she says that if it's healthy I probably won't like it. ph34r.gif but if you have, say, something that combines chocolate and peanut butter in a tasty fashion, I'm in. I suggest you ask. Also, Nickelback, and anything too horror-y or scary.
Oni Usagi
QUOTE (Cath @ Nov 7 2010, 10:58 AM) *
Aaawwww We get to corrupt Oni some more. \o/

More? How was I corrupted before? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 10 2010, 03:40 AM) *
Blimey! Hey Oni, nice to see you again smile.gif I just checked your stats and the last time you started a topic was four years ago!

Nice to see you, too. Yeah, I drifted away. I peek in once in a great while, more often when somebody mentions things that are happening here, but generally been keeping quiet.
Mata
That's okay, it's been a bit quiet here lately - it's only natural considering I don't have time to make new animations very often, but the place ticks along smile.gif
Pixelgoth
Would love to join in but I shall be away from 5th December to 7th January in Chicago so count me out again this year.
Phyllis
Just a quick reminder: if you have signed up but haven't sent me your address, please do so before the 1st!

Also, just 10 more days to sign up. smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
Deadlines nearly here guy's if you want to join.
Phyllis
Time's up! You all should be receiving PMs with your victim's name and address sometime soon. smile.gif
Secret Santa
Ho ho ho! My my is it December already? Time sure has been flying this year, and I will be too soon enough!

Hope all of you have been good boys and girls this year. I'm looking through my list this year and I found a lovely chap who deserves something special.

My boy CheeseMoose, I see you on my list this year of 2010. I noticed you are looking for things you seek like things of geek. Do you also by chance enjoy hand-made things you can wear? If so, what colours do you like the most?

Is there anything else on your mind this year Santa can send over to you?

My my, so many questions so little time, how much I enjoy to rhyme.
Cath Sparrow
Everyone should have recieved they're victim now. Have fun.
Moosh
QUOTE (Secret Santa @ Dec 1 2010, 01:00 PM) *
Ho ho ho! My my is it December already? Time sure has been flying this year, and I will be too soon enough!

Hope all of you have been good boys and girls this year. I'm looking through my list this year and I found a lovely chap who deserves something special.

My boy CheeseMoose, I see you on my list this year of 2010. I noticed you are looking for things you seek like things of geek. Do you also by chance enjoy hand-made things you can wear? If so, what colours do you like the most?

Is there anything else on your mind this year Santa can send over to you?

My my, so many questions so little time, how much I enjoy to rhyme.

Hey Santa, how's it hanging? Keeping busy? Hand-made things of any type are awesome, wearable ones doubly so. As for colours, I'm easy so I'll leave that up to you.

Can't really think of anything else specific I'm afraid, I'd probably just give as a guideline if it makes you smile when you see it then I'd probably like it smile.gif
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
Can someone remind me what the spending limit is?
Phyllis
Around £5. smile.gif
SPEAKERfortheLOST
I assume that is without the postage(freight)?
Phyllis
Yep, that's without postage. If you have a victim in another country, you can always shop online on a website in their country in order to keep shipping costs down. That's what moop and I usually do for my family's Christmas and birthday presents.
Secret Santa
Santa would just like to let young master Oni that as he's been such a good boy his gift should be winging its way to him in the next 3-4 days. Enjoy.

SS xx
Secret Santa
Ho ho ho!

My boy Mata, could you define what you mean by 'urban toys'? I'm so jolly curious.

And how big 'round is your head?

Do you by chance need anything warm with your current weather trends?

-Sandy Claws
Cath Sparrow
Santa's at the Beach!
Secret Santa
My most-wonderful dearest snoo,

It has been brought to my attention that the elves have run into a snaffu...

Apparently, the company (British Mail would've been nicer) that they want to use to ship (no actual ship required) to you requires a telephonic number (with proper formatting) with which to reach you should there be an issue (explosion, plague, fuzzy kitty) with the delivery... (think armageddon)

So, if you would be so kind as to re-submit your properly formatted (ROT-13 is acceptable) address with telephonic number to the Santa Service coordinator(s) it would be much appreciated.

-SS
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Hello Santa,
I have sent a PM to the coordinator concerned so hopefully you will be in receipt of the relevant information shortly.

<3 in anticipation
snoo
Secret Santa
For the Ever-Lovely and Magnanimous snoo,

I have acquired the appropriate information (bra size 45) and have filled out the shipment forms accordingly (blood quills and such are painful!)...

We here at the Santa Service (non-profit organization) would like to thank you for participating (and testing) and every elf would like to wish you a Merry Christmas! (Christmahanakwanzika)

-SS
Pikasyuu
I read the last two snoo-directed SS posts in Russell Brand's 'get-me-a-quill-and-some-parchments' voice. /me claps
Mata
Urban toys - this kind of thing - http://www.myplasticheart.com/ you can find them for pretty much dead on £5 if you go to the right places. Basically they're really nicely designed plastic toys, usually influenced by graphitti art styles.

My head is pretty sorted for winter wear at the moment and I don't really suit hats, but thanks for the thought - it does get very chilly over here so I recently got a black beanie hat. Even that, the most multi-purpose and universally suiting of hats doesn't work too well for me. It's actually pretty odd how few hats actually suit me!

Spicy nibbles or a collection of postcards from an interesting gallery would also be welcomed... Or anything else you fancy really!
Secret Santa
Ho Ho Ho and stuff. Daria, your present is making its way to your doorstep as we speak, or type, or read or whatever this is. The elves have been good this year.
Daria
^___________________^
Secret Santa
I wanted to let my dear boy CheeseMoose know that I mailed his gift today and it will travelling the skies to get to you. Unfortunately the elves could not attach a tracking device to keep an eye on its travels, so please keep a sharp eye out on your gift. It will be going across the sea!
Moosh
Woo! Thanks Santa!
Hobbes
For those that are sending mail from the UK, the last posting dates for Christmas are as follows:

Within the UK:
Standard Parcel - Wed 15 Dec
2nd Class - Sat 18 Dec
1st Class - Tue 21 Dec
Parcelforce 48 - Wed 22 Dec
Parcelforce Next Day - Thu 23 Dec
Special Delivery™ - Thu 23 Dec

International Airmail:
USA & Canada - Fri 10 Dec
Western Europe - Mon 13 Dec

I think that should cover all areas, for those posting from the UK.

Bear in mind that problems can occur, and our beautiful postal service can drag its feet from time to time, so the earlier the better of course!

If those "in the know" wish to share the last dates for posting FROM the US/Canada, then go for it smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.