Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: January Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
LoLo
Anyone interested in doing a meet while I'm out there in January?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Me! But only if it isn't in London tongue.gif
Mata
Sadly I don't think we overlap in our visits, otherwise I would have loved to do that.
Hobbes
QUOTE (snoo @ Dec 12 2010, 05:38 PM) *
Me! But only if it isn't in London tongue.gif

ANYWHERE except London?
Mata
Okay, after misreading the first version of the dates, I now think that I will overlap. I think I'll be around during the daytime of Saturday January the 8th, though it currently looks like I'll be getting on a coach at 8:30pm that evening; however, this does not mean that I cannot sup several pints of fine English ale with you all before going to the coach station (I'll take breath mints so I don't stink of booze for the other passengers on the coach journey).

This does also mean that I can *only* do London.

Who's up for meeting in London at lunchtime for beers and food on Saturday 8th January, 2011?
Witless
I can do a saturday afternoon pretty easily.

Will keep the day clear.
LoLo
I don't have anything planned for that weekend of my trip yet, so I don't see why I couldn't. Also since it will still be in the earlier part of my visit, I won't have gotten myself into an, "Oh no what if I run out of money?!" tizzy yet. laugh.gif
Mata
Awesome. Right, now I just need to get my rather scatty tattooist to let me know if she can tattoo me on the 7th then I'll book my tickets.
Lurker in the Park
I'm in. I also have floor and bed space then if anyone wants to stay over.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
London + weekend is good for me smile.gif
LoLo
Mata, it seemed from your facebook that the 8th might not work for you now. I was just wondering if this is true?
Mata
Yes, sorry, my tattooist can't do the day that I wanted.

How's the 16th of January for everyone? I'll definitely be in the UK on that day and can get to Lodnod if people fancy a couple of beers. I might be heading elsewhere in the evening so probably can't do the whole day. It's a flying visit this one - arriving on Friday morning, back in the Netherlands a few days later. It's a bit annoying really - if the tattooist could have done a week earlier then it would have been a far less tight schedule...

Anyway, how's Saturday 16th in London for a late lunch and a few beers?
Lurker in the Park
Yup, can do that.
Mata
Wait, Saturday is the 15th. That's the one I meant!

Bugger me, I couldn't organise my way out of a paper bag some days...
LoLo
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 18 2010, 04:42 AM) *
Wait, Saturday is the 15th. That's the one I meant!

Bugger me, I couldn't organise my way out of a paper bag some days...

I had made plans for that weekend, but we've moved them around so that will work for me.
Mata
Oo, ta, I look forward to seeing you then.

Any suggestions about where to meet?
Cath Sparrow
*looks shifty* The usual time at the usual place. Just look for the American....
Pixelgoth
Oooo I think I can actually make that too smile.gif I'll be back from Chitown on 7th.
Mata
Pixie: it's the 15th now, not the 7th.

Who's up for meeting? And when/where? I'll suggest around 1pm, near to a decent pub. We usually end up at the Sam Smith's ones but I don't think they do lunches. Let's go to that place to meet then across the road for food like we did last time... Now what was the name of the pub itself? I can't remember!
LoLo
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 21 2010, 10:27 PM) *
Pixie: it's the 15th now, not the 7th.

Who's up for meeting? And when/where? I'll suggest around 1pm, near to a decent pub. We usually end up at the Sam Smith's ones but I don't think they do lunches. Let's go to that place to meet then across the road for food like we did last time... Now what was the name of the pub itself? I can't remember!

The time sounds fine to me. I have no idea where to meet up though (but is that really a surprise?).
Mata
Where's Lurker when you need him? Smiler's also good for London locations.
Cath Sparrow
I'll be seeing Rob on the 28th I'll poke him if I remember
Mata
BUMP!

My last train out of London on the Saturday will be at 11:30pm, and the one before is 10:30. I'd better not risk it and try to get the 10:30 one at the latest, though since I'm staying with a friend I might head off a few horus earlier than that.

I'm thinking a nice simple plan for the day: drinks and lunch, followed by more drinks smile.gif
Mata
The pub is The Champion - the cloest tube is Oxford Circus:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...ingdom&z=16

So, Saturday 15th at 1pm at The Champion. Sorted. smile.gif

Who's coming?
LoLo
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 1 2011, 08:14 AM) *

Who's coming?

Sounds good. See you then.
Hobbes
I will try my best to make it. Gotta' sort out the logistics (and the finances), and it also sits nearby some other events. I'll let you guys know smile.gif
mooooooooooopo
Cand and I should be along. smile.gif
froggle-rock
I'm in.
MrNice
(feels kinda cheeky being here!) biggrin.gif

See you then! got ma teddy grahams??? swap ya a dvd full of tunes! smile.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (MrNice @ Jan 5 2011, 01:05 PM) *
(feels kinda cheeky being here!) biggrin.gif

See you then! got ma teddy grahams??? swap ya a dvd full of tunes! smile.gif

If the box of sweets I sent ever arrives, yes. biggrin.gif
Mata
I get the feeling I should know who MrNice is...
LoLo
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 6 2011, 01:49 PM) *
I get the feeling I should know who MrNice is...

MrNice is a nice guy that cath plays WoW with and brought to IRC. He finally decided to actually join the forums. Apparently he went to a meet ages ago, but I don't recall which one.
Phyllis
MrNice went to the London meet that Spiffy attended. The one where we walked around looking for a petticoat and smooshed each other's noses.
Mata
Ah yes... Was that the tall guy, slim, who I think wore glasses? Nice chap. Hello!

EDIT:... Wait, that might have been someone else... Well, I'm sure I'll remember you when I see you!
Mata
I was looking through the old meet photos folder and saw this:

biggrin.gif

You can browse the folders yourself if you fancy:

http://matazone.co.uk/matameets/
Hobbes
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 7 2011, 06:42 AM) *
Ah yes... Was that the tall guy, slim, who I think wore glasses? Nice chap. Hello!

EDIT:... Wait, that might have been someone else... Well, I'm sure I'll remember you when I see you!

I couldn't find a picture of MrNice in any of your old meet photos, but he may have been hiding from the lens. Regardless, he lives up to his name: a jolly nice man! smile.gif
Phyllis
Strangely, I don't think you have any photos of the meet that MrNice attended! I think the guy you're thinking of might be Ian, Mata. He came to a London meet with snoo just after I moved here.

Ian is the one just to the right of centre in this photo, with his eyes closed. Side note: that face Matt is pulling just made me burst into giggles.
Cath Sparrow
I managed to find the pictures from the meet MrNice was at here are the ones with him in. *snerk*

See the lad wearing the cap at the back? It's not him but can you see the other cap peak just behind Witless? That's MrNice.

But dont worry have a second!!

See the arm with the bracelet? That's him again!

....never said you could actually see him in the pic's....
MrNice

Thanks for the lovely compliments (lolo /hugs) and great shots Cath! (she's blaming Matt and Dave for those)

Mata, we would have met that day I'm sure, knowing what I'm like and having heard a lot about what you're like (all very good ofc) but was a busy day though and maybe I was trying to respect the fact I was a "guest" smile.gif really looking forward to meeting you (again!!)

And ofc looking forward to meeting the rest of you (some of you again!!)

Roll on next weekend \o/
Pixelgoth
Wooo! I'm looking forward to my first meet in about a year smile.gif What's the plan? Have a missed a thread while in Chicago?
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 1 2011, 04:14 PM) *

Who's coming?

There you go.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Dread Pirate Cath @ Jan 9 2011, 10:15 PM) *
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 1 2011, 04:14 PM) *

Who's coming?

There you go.

Aha! smile.gif Thank you Cath smile.gif I knew it was there somewhere.

How come everyone else has a new online name? I want an update too. Like Pixiegoth 2.0! biggrin.gif
Cath Sparrow
Fuzzy get's drunk....
MrBrick
QUOTE (Dread Pirate Cath @ Jan 9 2011, 10:20 PM) *
Fuzzy get's drunk....

Let's be fair, he's always drunk. He just occasionally has brief moments of inspired creativity when logged into the Admin control panel. ph34r.gif
Mata
It's not a complex plan, but I think it might just work biggrin.gif

I feel like I probably should try and do something civilised, like go to a museum before going straight to the pub, but I'll have been tattooed for about four hours the previous day so I suspect that sitting in a pub and drinking at moderate speed for several hours is actually probably the best possible plan. Anyway, I'm there to see you all rather than London!
froggle-rock
Dang, maybe we should schedule the next meet to take place when there is another Adult Evening on at the Science Museum, culture and booze!

Poop, just found out the Museum of Moving Image that used to be in London closed over 10 years ago. However, in Bradford they have the National Media Museum!
Hobbes
QUOTE (Frogzilla @ Jan 10 2011, 05:13 PM) *
Poop, just found out the Museum of Moving Image that used to be in London closed over 10 years ago.

What?! That's sad news sad.gif I remember seeing Kermit there...
Cath Sparrow
But I've been to the one in Bradford!
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
1000th post!

P.S. I would like to attend your meet up.
Lurker in the Park
QUOTE (Frogzilla @ Jan 10 2011, 05:13 PM) *
Dang, maybe we should schedule the next meet to take place when there is another Adult Evening on at the Science Museum, culture and booze!

Do they do something similar at the British Museum? I haven't been there yet and keep meaning to.

Woo, meet! I said to my mum last night that it was going to be today. I'm looking forward to it so much that I willingly sacrificed 5 days of my life for it. 5 days!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.