Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matazonian of the future!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Faerieryn
So Matt and I went for the 21 week scan yesterday and... we're having a little baby girl!!! The picture is on my facebook if anyone wants a butchers. Now we just have to name her. Ideas?
Cath Sparrow
How about Professor Theresa von Sparklepants? Oops sorry that's a glove puppet crocodile. I 'll come back when I have something else. tongue.gif
Mata
I've always liked 'Alex' for girls. I guess it really should be 'Alexandra', but every girl I've ever met called Alex has been extremely cool (and usually completely gorgeous too).

'Nina' is good also.

Or Professor Theresa von Sparklepants, obviously.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
The obligatory: Whitney Houston.

Stay away from Samantha or Jessica... too many bad apples with those names...

Imoen has been a favorite for a while... also Georgia.
LoLo
Congrats! I too think that Professor Theresa Van Sparklepants would be great! I've also always been fond of the name Enid, but it's a bit old fashioned for some people.
Cath Sparrow
I like the name Robin for a a girl and apparently all girls with J names tend to have a screw loose (one od the new year discoveries) so you might want to stear clear. tongue.gif
Hobbes
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jan 7 2011, 12:32 AM) *
I too think that Professor Theresa Van Sparklepants would be great!

Ha! smile.gif

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Cath @ Jan 7 2011, 03:53 PM) *
.. apparently all girls with J names tend to have a screw loose (one od the new year discoveries) so you might want to stear clear. tongue.gif

Ha! smile.gif

That's my input sad.gif
Lurker in the Park
I like Saskia, or in fact any Russian girls name. Although it may not go with the surname.
Phyllis
Aw, yay! Congratulations, you two! happy.gif

QUOTE (Lurker in the Park @ Jan 7 2011, 08:46 PM) *
I like Saskia, or in fact any Russian girls name.

Russian, eh? tongue.gif

Hmm, names. Well, what sort of names do you like? Traditional? Unusual?

Ooh, I just remembered! If you have a list of names, you can use Nymbler to find similar ones that might also suit your tastes.
Hobbes
As a rule, I tend to avoid suggesting names because usually, at some point ill offend someone by saying, "but I really dislike this name: ....."

For instance, I rather like the name Kayleigh for some reason, but I'm aware that it is considered to be a little trashy.

I shall now await messages from people with relatives called Kayleigh...
elphaba2
Seconding Cath--every Robin I've ever met has been phenomenal. I know one here who does aerial silks! Imagine if the fruit of your womb ends up doing aerial silks!

Hazel's a very pretty name, too.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
I do have to admit... the Robin I know is quite amazing. Definitely keeps her man in line....
Lurker in the Park
QUOTE (Phyllis @ Jan 8 2011, 11:44 AM) *
QUOTE (Lurker in the Park @ Jan 7 2011, 08:46 PM) *
I like Saskia, or in fact any Russian girls name.

Russian, eh? tongue.gif

Saxon is even better, ties in with my liking of ancient history. I found out yesterday that you can shorten Elizabeth to Effy (yeah, was watching Skins, only a little late to the party), so that's just climbed in my estimation.
vicrawr
Iris.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I think calling somebody Effy would be mean.

I like A names, Agnes, Alexis, Alice, Audrey...
Faerieryn
I think Cath should be called Prof. Theresa von Sparklepants!
Mata
I work with a woman called Robyn. She grew up with Johnny Cash. June Carter Cash gave her jewellery. The dedication in the latest 'Force Unleashed II' novelisation is to her. She has had a pretty awesome life.

I've been listening to Douglas Adams recently and I think the name 'Fenchurch' is lovely - it sounds pretty and you get both a Douglas Adams, and Oscar Wilde reference in the same name. What could be more awesome?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.